This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I DON'T like about Cameron and Vala joining the show

As the neutral "Did Cam/Vala Kill Stargate" thread has spawned one pro thread I thought it should spawn another. Not an Anti- thread, but one for people who think Cam and Vala made the show worse. Whether worse as characters in general or because TPTB took the lazy way out.

If you think Cam and Vala are the best things to arrive on the SG-1 horizon this thread is not for you.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

the characters? i think they were more symptomatic of the writing. but yes, the way vala was/is written, the was/is mitchell written, the way mitchell was introduced, the entire concept of who mitchell is (if there even is such a concept in TPTB's heads) made the show worse. much worse, IMO. i believe the correct term is

:

oh, and dibs on the The Pro The Pro Cam and Vala made the show *worse* thread thread, the Pro the Pro Cam and Vala made the show better thread thread, the The Anti The Pro Cam and Vala made the show *worse* thread thread, the Anti the Pro Cam and Vala made the show better thread thread.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
      oh, and dibs on the The Pro The Pro Cam and Vala made the show *worse* thread thread, the Pro the Pro Cam and Vala made the show better thread thread, the The Anti The Pro Cam and Vala made the show *worse* thread thread, the Anti the Pro Cam and Vala made the show better thread thread.
      That's a brilliant idea. But personally, I'll only be on board if each thread can be at least 100 pages long with preferably the same handful of board members posting pretty much the same thing repetitively for months on end, in a bid to outdo the opposing the thread. It'll be great. *Hugs* fandom factionalism.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

The title of this thread - and it's companion - has been changed to make it a bit clearer and less confusing.

However, this thread needs to remain solely about cameron and vala and not turn into a general pro or anti thread or it will be merged into the existing pro/anti thread - as in appropriate.

I will also warn folks that this is NOT the place to slang off on other fans. And if you want a real discussion, there's always the 'did cam and vala kill the show' thread, which is open to all points of view.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but these dueling threads are just silly. What's the point? Is there some war going on in fandom that I'm not aware of? A pro thread sprouts up, so an anti thread follows suit? Are we 6 years old?

Comment

See the season 10 anti thread for all reasons I don't like Vala or Mitchell.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
              I'm sorry, but these dueling threads are just silly. What's the point? Is there some war going on in fandom that I'm not aware of? A pro thread sprouts up, so an anti thread follows suit? Are we 6 years old?
              actually, a neutral thread popped up, a pro-fan took offense and made 'the opposite of the first [neutral] thread', thus confusing many people and prompting the creation of the (actual) opposite of the pro thread. but anyway.

what i don't like about mitchell and vala joining the show is that it was done badly. mitchell, as is, shouldn't be anywhere near the gate--which TPTB actually came close to considering he'd never even seen it before he got the job. he's a useless character who brings nothing to the team other than danger. vala, as is (and as i like her ) also does not belong on SG-1, though she is an asset to the SGC. i dislike how TPTB sexed her up and dumbed her down, though. S/D/T's completely OOC reactions to them are also quite annoying.

<wonders what this thread will turn into>
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

I have to disagree about the "Did Vala and Cam kill the show" thread as being neutral. The whole title of the tread is inflammatory and already biases the thread toward not liking Cam and Vala. In addition, the way the posts are so skewed toward one opinion by the sheer number of posts that many people make there makes the thread look like an extension of the anti thread. In fact, many of the discussions just turn into a big anti discussion in general, imo.

This thread has turned into yet a THIRD place for antis to hang out and vent the same stuff over and over and over.

I'm not sure why they need so much space, personally.

Comment

Vala really pissed me off...and continues to do so quite often although I do quite like her.

Case in hand: "Let's make babies!" and related jokes

Never had any problems with Mitchell
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I have to disagree about the "Did Vala and Cam kill the show" thread as being neutral. The whole title of the tread is inflammatory and already biases the thread toward not liking Cam and Vala. In addition, the way the posts are so skewed toward one opinion by the sheer number of posts that many people make there makes the thread look like an extension of the anti thread. In fact, many of the discussions just turn into a big anti discussion in general, imo.

This thread has turned into yet a THIRD place for antis to hang out and vent the same stuff over and over and over.

I'm not sure why they need so much space, personally.
                    i agree about the title. i don't think there's anyone currently posting in there, pro or anti, that particularly likes it, and it's really not what we're discussing. and by neutral i mean not protected one way or another.
                    a look through the "who's posted?" window show many posts from antis, pros, and neither. the thread is always an open debate thread, and it in fact went through a time when the vast majority of posts leaned pro (IIRC). that's the way fandom works. it's also infamous for the so-called repetitive comments, which come from antis, pros, neutrals, neithers, anti-antis, pro-pros, anti-pros, pro-antis, hippos, and cacti. i see it from pros (and cacti) all over GW.

btw, i know the pro ones, but what's the second anti hang out?
                    sigpic

Comment

The three anti threads are this one, the one about Did Cam and Vala Kill the Show, and the general Anti thread.

And I have to disagree. The huge volume of posts by antis on the Did Cam and Vala Kill the Show way out number the rest of the posts, imo. I would love to see a statistical breakdown on this because I am sure we would see that the vast majority of the posts are by the same anti people. And that's mainly why the thread is an anti thread, imo.

It just amazes me how many different times the same negative things can be said by the same people over and over again. And now there is yet another place for this ... it just boggles my mind.

Comment

The three anti threads are this one, the one about Did Cam and Vala Kill the Show, and the general Anti thread.
                        ah yes. this one. he he. oops.
                        And I have to disagree. The huge volume of posts by antis on the Did Cam and Vala Kill the Show way out number the rest of the posts, imo. I would love to see a statistical breakdown on this because I am sure we would see that the vast majority of the posts are by the same anti people. And that's mainly why the thread is an anti thread, imo.
                        look at the "who's posted" window. that's the statistical breakdown.
                        excluding sky, because she also posts for mods issues, Farscapefan is second only to ReganX, followed by scarimor, majorsal, esoap524, myself, Pitry, ACharmedAsgard, suse, AGateFan, and Mitchell82. 2nd Anti, 4th Pro, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, 6th Anti, 3rd Anti, 3 Pro*. looks pretty even to me. if you read any open thread start to finish, you'll see periods of mainly anti and mainly pro posting.
                        *top ten posters in the pro/anti s10 threads.
                        It just amazes me how many different times the same negative things can be said by the same people over and over again. And now there is yet another place for this ... it just boggles my mind.
                        boggles my mind how the same positive things can be said in the same manner. we're all just as bad as each other. and there's nothing wrong with that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's true. But, let's face it. The pro threads are not as intrestresting to those of us who are natural born complainers. It's human nature to complain.

Look at news stories. Stories where the person did something positive is never remembered years down the road.

But if the person did soemthing stupid, wicked or horrible are remembered for years to come.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                            ah yes. this one. he he. oops.look at the "who's posted" window. that's the statistical breakdown.
                            Okay, you got me. Where in the world is this "who's posted" window? I've looked everywher and can't find it.

Comment

Click on the number of posts beside each thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X