This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis is to small!

well the titel says it atlantis is to small it doesn't at up.

i came to the conclusion after watching another serie that it makes no sense.

the ancients are one of the smartest races but that makes this less sense they were able to create a zpm so what i'm about to talk about makes you wonder why is it not there.

okay here comes the inside of atlantis should be way bigger then the outside and i will tell why.

in this other series they used this technology to make the inside of the space ships bigger then the outside by using subspace.

the technology works like this there is the basic layout of the ship but when entering some doors on the ship you basicly enter a created region in subspace so you were between the ship in that region you can put anything one had a whole science base and one race used it to basicly create a living enviroment the size of the U.S.

the ancient create a mini universe inside subspace and extract energy from that thus a zpm or what i like to call a universe in a bottle so if they can do that then what i talked about must be much easyér.

so entering a door will bring you to a created region in subspace that can be the size of the mainland.

well that's about it the serie i have seen this and made me think was tenchi muyo there are severel variation off this series but this technology was in every one of them.

there was even a space station but the inside was as big as a solarsystem.
    that was the base of the police in the series.

so that's about it and wonder what others think.

Um, how much power would that consume? A lot. Tons in fact. And their mini-Universes don't actually have any of the stuff we need to survive with in them.

Furthermore, it isn't Doctor Who.
    Disliked a recent episode?
    Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
    The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

I heard from a member of GW that Atlantis is only the size of two Ha'taks. That can't be right
      ?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

And what's the size of two ha'taks, mh?
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

In response to the first post of this thread, no it's not. It's as big as they wanted to make it.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

the only power you need is for the door what you create will only disapear when you destroy it and if they used this technology they would not have lost the war becouse they could basicly have several ship yards in atlantis itself.

the can enter subspace using a hyperdrive and they can activate a hyperdrive with naquada so using a matter converter they can basicaly make a whole world in subspace itself like creating a mini universe in subspace to draw power from it to have a zpm.

and it has nothing to do with doctor who never seen that show before dont know if it is any good. but if the ancients really were that advanced then they could easy do something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by genius21 View Post
              the only power you need is for the door what you create will only disapear when you destroy it and if they used this technology they would not have lost the war becouse they could basicly have several ship yards in atlantis itself.

the can enter subspace using a hyperdrive and they can activate a hyperdrive with naquada so using a matter converter they can basicaly make a whole world in subspace itself like creating a mini universe in subspace to draw power from it to have a zpm.

and it has nothing to do with doctor who never seen that show before dont know if it is any good. but if the ancients really were that advanced then they could easy do something like that.
              I don't think you used one fact in your entire argument. No, this wouldn't have been a good idea because it would have made Atlantis stupid. Its already sufficiently large that we discover something new about it practically every episode, why would we want hundreds of miles to explore as well?
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

If they put the entire city inside a bottle then the nice shots of the city in the morning wouldn't be quite as aesthetically pleasing.

Also, they couldn't have any windows onto the "outside"!

Comment

That techlogy is proberly beyond them

Ps time lords are better than the Ancients !

Comment

Isn't Atlantis roughly the size of Manhattan?
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

in the episode in season 1 with the nanite virus, Weir called Sheppard on his radio to ask where he was, he said he was a mile away from the central tower on the East Pier, or something to that effect. that means Atlantis is at least 2 miles accross. unless Sheppard was right on the edge of the city.
                      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 03 June 2007, 11:20 AM.

Comment

From what we saw, there wasn't millions of Lanteans or whatever living in it. It's the correct size for what they needed it to be!

Here is another thread posted the other day about the size of the city:

Atlantis size thread

From 'Sunday', it looks pretty big to me on the outside. As well as eps like 'The Siege', 'Critical Mass', 'The Long Goodbye' etc which show you how big it can be inside.

So it looks fine to me. If they had millions of people, then they'd have expanded opon it like the Asurans. They didn't so there was no need.

Comment

the cgi needs to fit in the whole of atlantis so it seems small from the outside, if it was too big then we would only see like half the city and that doesnt look good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Judging by Sunday, Atlantis is Manhattan sized, case closed.
                            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by genius21 View Post
                              well the titel says it atlantis is to small it doesn't at up.

i came to the conclusion after watching another serie that it makes no sense.

the ancients are one of the smartest races but that makes this less sense they were able to create a zpm so what i'm about to talk about makes you wonder why is it not there.

okay here comes the inside of atlantis should be way bigger then the outside and i will tell why.

in this other series they used this technology to make the inside of the space ships bigger then the outside by using subspace.

the technology works like this there is the basic layout of the ship but when entering some doors on the ship you basicly enter a created region in subspace so you were between the ship in that region you can put anything one had a whole science base and one race used it to basicly create a living enviroment the size of the U.S.

the ancient create a mini universe inside subspace and extract energy from that thus a zpm or what i like to call a universe in a bottle so if they can do that then what i talked about must be much easyér.

so entering a door will bring you to a created region in subspace that can be the size of the mainland.

well that's about it the serie i have seen this and made me think was tenchi muyo there are severel variation off this series but this technology was in every one of them.

there was even a space station but the inside was as big as a solarsystem.
                              that was the base of the police in the series.

so that's about it and wonder what others think.
                              If Atlantis is too small then most certainly some posters are too illiterate !
                              Sorry, but the title really irks me !

Comment

Working...
                              X