• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel Luttrell Interview

The SciFi World has an interview with Rachel Luttrell here:

May 30, 2007

Excerpts:

Linda Craddock: Tell us about the climate on the set with the absence of Paul?
    Rachel Luttrell: Oh, well, that really came as a shock to us all and we were all very saddened by it. I can tell you hat the climate of the set on the day we all found out was quite blue. We have always had a very light hearted, playful and fun relationship and I for one miss that energy on set.

Linda Craddock: I read somewhere that “Weir’s appearances in season 4 will not be as frequent as past seasons as a result of the injuries she sustained in “First Strike”, according to the writers. Is Torri expected to be written out of the script as well?
    Rachel Luttrell: Torri won’t be around as often as she was in the past few seasons, yes. I am not sure what they will be doing with the character of Dr. Weir. I think she brings a lot a strength and grace to the show. I also believe that a real bound has formed between Teyla and Dr. Weir. Torri is a beautiful spirit and we have certainly had a lot of fun off set together. I will miss her constant presence up in Vancouver. But she will be back periodically.

Linda Craddock: From your observation thus far, can we look forward to more “Teyla” family history and “Athosian” presence in season 4?
    Rachel Luttrell: Yes, oh, yes, this will be a good season for Teyla’s storyline. I am very excited about it.

Linda Craddock: Some of the fans have expressed their confusion regarding the relationship between “Teyla” and Ronon’s”. Example” in “Echoes”, “Ronon is sitting by “Teyla’s” bedside encouraging her to hang on, holding her hand. In “Sunday” “Ronon” is not in the scene when “Teyla” is brought out on the stretcher with her injury and in “First Strike”, “Ronon” is sitting against a wall, with a piece of debris lodged in his shoulder and “Teyla” is near the console talking to “McKay”. What are your views on the confusion?
    Rachel Luttrell: Wow, that really takes me back to the very dates we shot all those moments. Believe me when I tell you that we discussed them in length on set…. “How much sense does this make?” “ wouldn’t I be tending to him at that particular point...?” We went back and forth but the writers had their reasons for setting the scenes as they did and in the end they won out. I think they like toying with the ambiguity of the characters’ dynamic. But in my mind there is no question that these two really do care for each other.

Linda Craddock: Would you be willing to share with us who was the subject of the conversation between “Teyla” and “Dr. Houston” in “Sunday”?
    Rachel Luttrell: Ah… stay tuned….

Please click on the link above for the complete interview.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

She's got a website? Where?? (was reading the interview)

Comment

Try www.rachelluttrell.com.

Seems pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Try www.rachelluttrell.com.

Seems pretty obvious.
        ah, no wonder google didn't snag it. not yet operational...

Comment

Yeah, I didn't find it on google either, so I just took a guess.

Comment

Working...
          X