Peter's Absorbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter's Absorbing

If Peter were to be around someone (I'm going across universes here) like Beast or the Thing, or just someone with a physical mutation that, would he physcally change.
    sigpic

Well definitely not Beast because his physical appearance has nothing to do with his mutation, as for the Thing maybe, although I doubt it.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

That is a good question. Maybe we'll eventually find out on the show, if we encounter a "Hero" with a physical mutation.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        That is a good question. Maybe we'll eventually find out on the show, if we encounter a "Hero" with a physical mutation.
        Well i would also thinks so as in most super hero comics and story there is always someone we a mutated appearance
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Cancer is technically a mutation.

Comment

It's highly unlikely there will ever be anyone in Heroes who is as far removed from a human as Beast or The Thing. It doesn't fit the show atall.

Minor physical evolutions might occur, although I think the entire point of Heroes is that physically humans need not evolve further, and that further evolution is within the dormant parts of the brain - or something along those lines.

Comment

Did Peter and the Haitian meet? Would Peter absorb the Haitian power? or would the Haitian ability to block powere prevent peter from absorbing it

Comment

I think if there is someone with a physical mutation Peter would absorb it like any other power. I think if its like the other he can turn it on and off though, not have it permanently.

Look at Rogue out of X-men, she is able to become solid like colossus in the X-men 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  Well definitely not Beast because his physical appearance has nothing to do with his mutation.
                  Actually, his appearance was a slow process that was caused by his mutation.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                    Actually, his appearance was a slow process that was caused by his mutation.
                    He became blue and hairy after he drank an experimental potion, whether the potion furthered his mutation or it was just a "make you hairy" potion I don't know.

From Wikipedia
                    Originally, Hank McCoy retains the basic features of a normal human alongside a generally simian physiology (e.g., elongated limbs and oversized extremities). This mutation gives him superhuman strength, speed, agility, and coordination. He can perform many tasks with his feet as easily as with his hands. Because of his gifts and training, Beast can outperform any Olympic-level athlete, contorting his body and performing aerial feats gracefully. Later, Hank mutates further (from drinking an experimental solution), first through the growth of grey - then blue - fur covering his entire body. He gains sharp nails and fang-like teeth, and his overall appearance becomes more bestial.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Kring has been clear on the topic of physical appearance.

Since the show is about how ordinary people develop powers and their interaction with the world as seemingly ordinary people with extraordinary powers, having a hero with a physical mutation would be out of character for the show.

Not an assumption, but something Kring has said.

Comment

Working...
                      X