Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

ok there have been alot of plot threads left undone in sg1,which ones do you want carried on in atlantis. I just want them to finish the ancient alliance storyline. What happened to it, how did it started, and where did the furlings go.

None.

They've got two movies in which to wrap stuff up.

I want to see Atlantis stories on Stargate Atlantis...
    sigpic

Comment

I don´t want to see any I think. Atlantis needs its own stories (and characters) . I think it´s enough that they brought Asurans. SG1 had 10 long years to solve everything and just because they didn´t do it doesn´t mean they should bring it to SGA.

You are right with the Ancients but they are actually Atlantis story more than SG1. They were intorduced in SG1, true, but Atlantis is an Ancient city so it would be logical to know more about them (except that they were stupid and arrogant).

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

a mention of casandra would be nice and mayby if they aren't totaly defeated in the movie's a lone ori or jaffa ship that got lost just for one ep or something

Comment

Who cares about SG1 plots coming to Atlantis?! Atlantis has it's own plots from S1-3 it needs to bring over.

Is it just me, or don't you wonder what happened to that entity in Hide and Seek, and what the hell was it?! Why was it captured by the Ancients if it wasnt' one of their creation.

Where the bloody hell is the continuation of the guy with the chromosome so they can't be eaten by the Wraith!? Hello!!! Where is the continuation?!

Letters from Peggy, hello people, is it just me or why was there a massive culling that Teyla had never seen or heard of...why did they cull in that fashion...is it just me asking this question?! There was no real answer, you could say they were filling up reserves, but the main thing was the amount of ground troops and that one steady beam, what up?!

Ford?! Give me him dead or alive, just a bloody conclusion at this point.

Aurora---What sort of intel was the Wraith getting on that ship and why?! Did we ever get an answer?! No. What was it gonna use it for?! Give me an answer in a later ep.

Trinity, did it ever come out what Ronon did and Teyla covered it up!? No!

People, I'm just scratching the damn surface. SGA has plenty to work with, they don't need the help of SG1 or any of their plots. They have too many open doors as is...
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Xeon_1

a mention of casandra would be nice and mayby if they aren't totaly defeated in the movie's a lone ori or jaffa ship that got lost just for one ep or something
            On the most part, I agree that Atlantis should have and tie up its own storylines but a mention or appearance by Cassie and Jack (in terms of Sam/Jack ship and otherwise) would be nice too. Not like a whole ep dedicated to it but just a few scenes in the midst of a larger storyline. Just enough to be a small reminder to the SG1 fans but not enough to annoy pure SGA fans.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              Who cares about SG1 plots coming to Atlantis?! Atlantis has it's own plots from S1-3 it needs to bring over.

Is it just me, or don't you wonder what happened to that entity in Hide and Seek, and what the hell was it?! Why was it captured by the Ancients if it wasnt' one of their creation.
              It was just a one off thing! They said in the epi that it was sentinet but they'd have better luck trying to communicate with a shark. So obviously not any real future in building up any kind of rapport with it. As to it's whereabouts, the creature is most likely on whatever planet was dialled at the time.

Where the bloody hell is the continuation of the guy with the chromosome so they can't be eaten by the Wraith!? Hello!!! Where is the continuation?!
              You mean the Hoffans? I think it was implied as to their eventual fate in the actual episode. They thought that when the Wraith came, tried to feed on them & couldn't, then they'd simply go away never to return because it would be pointless.

SHEPPARD: "If and when we ever return, I don't imagine you'll be here. I don't imagine anybody else will be, either. (Carson hands the vote result back to Druhin.) Good luck."

He's probably 100% correct in his judgement. The Wraith will know that they have no future food source on that planet & so what further use would they be. They obviously couldn't be left alone because they'd develop & advance over the years. When this happened, they could eventually pose a threat to their dominance of the galaxy. Therfore the only real logical choice from the Wraith's pov would be to exterminate them there & then & be done with it.

Letters from Peggy, hello people, is it just me or why was there a massive culling that Teyla had never seen or heard of...why did they cull in that fashion...is it just me asking this question?! There was no real answer, you could say they were filling up reserves, but the main thing was the amount of ground troops and that one steady beam, what up?!
              She said she never witnessed so many being taken during a culling before. Since then we've discovered every Wraith in the galaxy has awoken. There isn't enough food to go around, so they are at civil war with each other because of it. Basically the strongest survive by conquering the weaker factions. This allows them control over the small number of human planets that remain in the galaxy. So nothing really to be explained in that other than, all Wraith are awake now. Which they never ever were before for the past 10,000 years. There is not enough humans to sustain them all as a species. So they are being more aggressive in how they cull & how many they cull at any one time. Probably because they know if any are left, another faction will come later on & take them for themselves. Basically the exact same that happens in real life with animals. The less food a group gets, the hungrier it becomes. So when feeding time finally comes around, they are far more aggressive & greedy in the portions that they take.

Ford?! Give me him dead or alive, just a bloody conclusion at this point.
              This I do agree should have been followed up upon, even if only for a single ep. Fair enough, they don't want him back full-time or even recurring. However they should have at some point in S3 dedicated an ep to bringing him back one last time to give the character a proper send-off. Maybe see the team capture him, or have him come back aboard a PJ one day to everyone's surprise. Have them try to help him off the retro-virus, then right at the end, send him back to his family. Don't honestly see why they haven't done this, they can't say they didn't have time because Lucius was given two full episodes.

Aurora---What sort of intel was the Wraith getting on that ship and why?! Did we ever get an answer?! No. What was it gonna use it for?! Give me an answer in a later ep.
              We find out both the Asuran & Wraith weakness in S4 according to JM.

Trinity, did it ever come out what Ronon did and Teyla covered it up!? No!
              Why would it need to come out. It happened off-world. It was his own personal business & had nothing in all honesty to do with anyone back on Atlantis. Can't see them throwing him off the team for killing a traitor when they blew up almost an entire solar system (killing one of their own men in the build-up), killed hundreds of Wraith with their retro-virus. Creating a new sub-species (Michael) who has killed off 3 planets full of humans because of their repeated failures. Were directly responsible for waking up the Asurans who now threaten Earth & also killed off over 100 living Lanteans because of McKay screwing up yet again. So him killing a traitor that sacrificed his own people'es live to escape pales in comparison to their antics before & after the events of 'Trinity'.

In short, I seriously doubt that they'll be puting over any SG-1 plots other than anything that happens in any crossover eps. They've been as careful as they can to the fact of using SG-1 stuff on Atlantis. SG-1 has a ton of unresolved arcs, conflicts & plots over the years which they've never chosen to resolve or abbreviate upon. With it now over, then I can't see them suddenly throwing it all over to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                On the most part, I agree that Atlantis should have and tie up its own storylines but a mention or appearance by Cassie and Jack (in terms of Sam/Jack ship and otherwise) would be nice too. Not like a whole ep dedicated to it but just a few scenes in the midst of a larger storyline. Just enough to be a small reminder to the SG1 fans but not enough to annoy pure SGA fans.
                No offense but I think that pure SGA fans can´t be annoy more than they are now.

vaberella: I agree. There are lots of things that needed to be solved. Ford is one from most important things. Even Sora from Genii just disappeared and nobody seems to care. I hope that SGA will avoid SG1 mistakes in future and that the authors will try to explain at least something.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  Even Sora from Genii just disappeared and nobody seems to care. I hope that SGA will avoid SG1 mistakes in future and that the authors will try to explain at least something.
                  Sora was sent back to the Gennii at the end of i'The Siege II' in return for the nukes they were given. It was cut from the final episode because it ran long & had to be trimmed down!

Comment

None really except the Ancients. Let SG-1 tie up their stories in the movies. The only thing I wouldnt mind is crossovers.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                      Xeon_1On the most part, I agree that Atlantis should have and tie up its own storylines but a mention or appearance by Cassie and Jack (in terms of Sam/Jack ship and otherwise) would be nice too. Not like a whole ep dedicated to it but just a few scenes in the midst of a larger storyline. Just enough to be a small reminder to the SG1 fans but not enough to annoy pure SGA fans.
                      Let the writers tie up that info in the movies, not in SGA. IMHO, any time wasted on any "shippy" type episodes or even small scenes will be stupid even if it involves SGA people! This is not a soap opera, it is Sci-Fi!

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      None really except the Ancients. Let SG-1 tie up their stories in the movies. The only thing I wouldnt mind is crossovers.
                      Agreed, the only other thing I want is the Asgard tech.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                        Sora was sent back to the Gennii at the end of i'The Siege II' in return for the nukes they were given. It was cut from the final episode because it ran long & had to be trimmed down!
                        Where is that info coming from?

Comment

I think one or more of the writer have said it, but the scene had to be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                            to the person who asked, one of hte writers said this in a Q&A. it was never shown, so who knows?

anyway, I don't want any SG1 plots/characters puton SGA, even though the producers are doing it. We don't need replicators ad naseum, please no Ori or Gou'ald, god no Ba'al clones (or any other clones). I'd like SGA to be its own show, which would be nice.

Comment

The scene was shot but it had to be cut due to time constraints. Therefore that's what obviously happened!

That's why people ask them all the questions, to know & learn things that haven't been referenced in the show. There is a ton of stuff that doesn't make it in & lots have to be cut.

Example, the blue beam in 'LFP' is to tag the planets. It's never been referenced other than a brief bit of dialogie in 'The Gift'. Which doesn't actually make it clear that it was the same device that they seen in 'LFP'. However JM confirmed what it was.

Another example is what the planet that Atlantis was called. It was only called 'Lantia' in the very last episode 'First Strike' for the very first time in the show, yet MG said it's name a couple of years ago in his old thread here.

Planet Name

Martin Gero said this regarding the character:

1. We are definitely doing a Genii episode this year…the cast will depend on actor availability, so I can’t say much more. There was a scene in “Siege: Part 2” where Sora was sent back to the Genii in exchange for their nukes…but it had to be cut for time.
                              Martin Gero Q&A

Also, and I know you've been asked this a few times already but I think we're collectivly trying to impress apon you its importance, but is Sora ever going to come back? If not are they going to atleast mention that they traded her for the nukes?

MG Response: Sora: Asked and Answered.
                              MG Q&A 2

As far as they are concerned, it was asked and answered as to her fate. They done the scene, but it was cut because of time issues. So nothing to be followed up by her. She was in the 1st where her father died. She wanted revenge, so came on Kolya's strike team to get Teyla. They had a fight, Teyla won & she ended up seeing sense. They both helped Beckett back to the control room. Saved the city from destruction. She stayed in Atlantis until the season finale. Probably they sent her back with the Genii soldiers who helped carry the nukes through the gate. Now she's back amongst her people for he past 2 years. I'm sure that some may want to see her appearing in any future Genii eps they have, but MG has already answered what happened to her character. So that bit definitely doesn't need following up upon. Although it probably would be nice to see how much her replationship with Teyla has developed since the last time we saw them together.

Although you have to laugh at the circumstances that the actress who played Sora (Erin Chambers) has landed herself in. She's marrried to a guy names......Carson McKay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably is the Beckett & McKay love child from 'Duet!'

Comment

Working...
                              X