Lost finale vs. Heroes finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost finale vs. Heroes finale

Does anyone else watch both shows? How do they compare? Which one was more satisfying? Let's discuss.

(I'll be creating one on the Lost thread as well)
    Spoiler:
    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Hard for me to choose which was more satisfying really. Both were great in their own way. A lot went on in both finales, and we were presented with new questions in both.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hard numbers:
      Heroes
      NBC’s Heroes closed season one first in both total viewers (13.21 million) and adults 18-49 (6.1/15)
      Link: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...451/m/55210535
      Lost
      Lost (two-hour season finale)
      - 13.655 million viewers
      - 5.8/15 A18-49
      Link: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...451/m/55610045

Looks like Lost won in total viewers and Heroes won with the 18-49 years.
      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I watch both, and I enjoyed both of them. IMO, it is hard to choose between the two finales, because SO much happened in them both. I think Heroes was more satisfying because of the redemption that Nathan got in it. It is going to be difficult to say much more, but I can't wait till the season primieres.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Both had an intense finale, though i must say Lost produced far more questions in those final minutes than Heroes did.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            I must say Lost produced far more questions in those final minutes than Heroes did.
            I didn't see it like that. I feel like I can now see the rest of Lost kinda layed out. This is where I see it going...

I think they're gonna start season 4 back on the island again but something's going to go wrong and they don't get rescued, at least not this time. It'll continue with them trying to get off the island mixed in with flash-fowards of them rescued and trying to get back to the island. The flash-fowards can show how these people's lives are falling apart since they got back. We know Jack's a drug addict and freaking out, Hurley will be even unluckier than before the island, Claire misses Charlie (If he is in fact, dead) and thinks that being back on the island will bring her closer to him, Sun and Jin will have marital problems again, maybe Sayid is running from either the people he tortured, or the Iraqi Military, Rose's cancer returns, etc... Slowly they all come to realize they want to go back. I think a poignant and downright poetic way to end the series could be a wide shot of them meeting again on the beach, embracing. With a similar vibe to the way the people in The 4400 were all drawn back to the spot they returned to. In fact if I DON'T see that scene at the end of the series, I'm going to be disappointed..

Also, on the funeral Jack went to...

Originally I thought it might be for Juliet, on account of Jack being so broken up about it. Plus Kate saying at the end, "Why would I go to that?" She always resented Jack and Juliet's relationship...

But then I freeze framed the news clipping that Jack was looking at right before he went into the funeral. It looked like it said "Man Found Dead In Downtown Loft." and then it looks like "J... ...antham of New York was found dead shortly after 4 a.m. Blah, blah, blah..."

So now I'm not sure WHO it is. And we have to wait till February at the earliest.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
              I watch both, and I enjoyed both of them.
              Same.

Hard to pick which one i liked best. Heroes wrapped most things up, while Lost gave possibilities and questions for next season.

I like Heroes better, so it will get my vote...
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                Both had an intense finale, though i must say Lost produced far more questions in those final minutes than Heroes did.
                I agree. Heroes wrapped up the season very nicely. Everything was concluded pretty nicely while we got a nice little glimpse of what the next season is going to be about.

With Lost, there were a lot more question about what the hell is going to happen on the island next season. Plus
                Spoiler:
                with the flash forward, you've got to wonder what the hell happened so that the future ended up the way it did.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                  I didn't see it like that. I feel like I can now see the rest of Lost kinda layed out. This is where I see it going...

I think they're gonna start season 4 back on the island again but something's going to go wrong and they don't get rescued, at least not this time. It'll continue with them trying to get off the island mixed in with flash-fowards of them rescued and trying to get back to the island. The flash-fowards can show how these people's lives are falling apart since they got back. We know Jack's a drug addict and freaking out, Hurley will be even unluckier than before the island, Claire misses Charlie (If he is in fact, dead) and thinks that being back on the island will bring her closer to him, Sun and Jin will have marital problems again, maybe Sayid is running from either the people he tortured, or the Iraqi Military, Rose's cancer returns, etc... Slowly they all come to realize they want to go back. I think a poignant and downright poetic way to end the series could be a wide shot of them meeting again on the beach, embracing. With a similar vibe to the way the people in The 4400 were all drawn back to the spot they returned to. In fact if I DON'T see that scene at the end of the series, I'm going to be disappointed..

Originally I thought it might be for Juliet, on account of Jack being so broken up about it. Plus Kate saying at the end, "Why would I go to that?" She always resented Jack and Juliet's relationship...

But then I freeze framed the news clipping that Jack was looking at right before he went into the funeral. It looked like it said "Man Found Dead In Downtown Loft." and then it looks like "J... ...antham of New York was found dead shortly after 4 a.m. Blah, blah, blah..."

So now I'm not sure WHO it is. And we have to wait till February at the earliest.
                  I agree whole heartedly. I mean I personally was more satisfied with Lost in that season finale than in the last three seasons watching.... So that Finale to me was quite satisfying; any questions they may have asked in those final moments is nothing in comparison to how they set the show up for Next season. I can't wait to see if Buddha's prophecy is correct because I have a feeling you are on the right track. :-P
                  sigpic

Comment

I watch both showes and i am more looking forward to the lost finaly because there is less misterey to heroes than there is to lost but i also think that heros is the better TV programe
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post

My mom and I were speculating that it was either Sawyer or Locke. I'd imagine Locke just by the way he was acting. I don't know. Could be anyone I suppose.
                      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                        My mom and I were speculating that it was either Sawyer or Locke. I'd imagine Locke just by the way he was acting. I don't know. Could be anyone I suppose.
                        I think it's someone we haven't met yet. This is what the article said...

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."
                        sigpic

Comment

Teenage son? Michael, perhaps? (Maybe some reason pops up for him to need a name change.)
                          sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Working...
                          X