This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM's

Was just thinking. Didn't Jack build a ZPM in an early episode (the one he used to reach the Asgaard world's gate)? Didn't anyone watch him built this thing? Or shouldn't considering his state of mind he at least have been monitored for security purposes so shouldn't the process of how to make one be on SGC surveillance tape somewhere? Obviously he had all the materials he needed to built it right there in the SGC. So why is getting more ZPM's such a big issue. They should already know how to produce them. Am I missing something?

He built a power boost for the gate.
    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

and it stop working after the frist time they use it so its not a zpm

Comment

Either way hes got a point, they could make another power booster...

Comment

yeah

Comment

It was a power booster device which got its power from a piece that was acquired from a staff weapon. I guess it could be fixed, but it's really not an item to reuse, is it?
            Channara

-"How come I never get to kiss anybody?"
            -"Well, it's a... there's being episode written for you ...soon. Very soon."
            -"Sure."

Comment

They used it to contact the Asgard in the alternate reality. Both Sam's replaced the LIQUID NAQUADRIA power source used in the staff weapon for the device. It is now gone. There are 3 threads floating around on this same topic.
              When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

I was thinking about this ZPM thing too, I mean how did the Ancients create more of them, it couldn't have been too hard essentially as an item it's a powerful battery, they must have been able to manufacture them, so why don't they have a store, I mean you'd think in a giant floating city that has big power requirements like Super shields, cross galactical travel and flying around the universe so you'd have to assume hyperdrive as well.

Surely there is some unexplored store room in the city which has a whole bunch of ZPM's in storage.

Comment

it wasn't a ZPM it was a temporary solution for boosting power to their gate.

Comment

Why not just build a "one time use" power booster everytime they want to reach a gate in a distant galaxy (Asgaard or Pegasus gate) Obtaining Naquadia shoud not be a problem. Jonas's home planet is loaded with it and since they are our friends I am sure they would be happy to share what we need to build a stock of "gate boosters"..

Comment

Jonas's planet is rich in NAQUADRIA, which is highly unstable and might not be safe to use.
                      Rocky

Comment

I though that it would be better to use Naquadria rather than Naquada for a gate booster because it is more powerful and you only need to use it once for a short time. It's not like it is a continually running power source that can go haywire and meltdown. It is basically drained after the gate is powered (hence can only be used once) so should be OK in terms of worrying about it becoming unstable?

Comment

Naquadria is very dangerous and we've had some minor problems with it. Naquadah (and I do believe we have an off-world mine) would work tons better.
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                            Naquadria is very dangerous and we've had some minor problems with it. Naquadah (and I do believe we have an off-world mine) would work tons better.
                            Spoiler for SG1 S.6 ....

Minor problems? Oh yeah, you mean Daniel dying, right? Indeed, that was a problem

Spoiler:
                            [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
                            [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
                            [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
                            ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

That actually wasn't what I was refeering to Lyne.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X