Season 2 Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 Spoiler

Question: The Heroes finale was awesome, but I'm a little worried about Peter and Nathan. Please tell me they are coming back next year

Ausiello: (Major spoiler alert)

Spoiler:
    They'll both be back next season

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...o/default.aspx
    Last edited by Starxgate; 23 May 2007, 05:38 PM. Reason: Season 2 Spoiler

I sure hope that is the case. Although, it would have been one hell of a gesture and act of heroism for
    Spoiler:
    Nathan to have sacrificed himself to save New York. I understand how Peter could survive this, but how could Nathan survive the intense radiation he must have been exposed to??
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I seriously hope that Nathan and Peter will be permanent fixtures for next season, and I so hope that the Bad guy is ultra-evil, because Sylar wasn't that evil he just wanted everyone's ability and and became obsessed, whilst the new baddy can just want to kill everyone!!

I bet you that the reason they older generation wanted to the bomb to go off is that they know that the Baddy guy would die in the explosion, whilst because it didn't go off, terrible things are going to happen!

Ooh you never know!!

BBC has won the rights to air season 2 first in the UK they paid nearly £400,000 ($800,000) per episode!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I'm thinking that Peter was trying to forcibly stop himself from emitting radiation, but that prevented him from projecting it out (thus hurting Nathan and the others), but it also caused him to be unable to calm the the power down. So in that sense, Nathan could have gotten to a certain height and, with Peter's persuasion, just let Peter go and got away. And after a few seconds, Peter overloaded and all that power emitted outward.

Kinda like holding it in.

Comment

Peter may have survived, but I don't think Nathan did.

The explosion was supposed to take out all of New York City. There's no way that Nathan could have flown Peter to a safe distance and then flown far enough away that Nathan would be safe from the blast. Nathan wasn't trying to save himself; he was just trying to get Peter as far away as possible before Peter exploded.

Comment

It makes sense, Nathan would only have had a few seconds to get Peter into space, and that gives barely any time for him to excape. Remember that Nathan would have lived through any blast wave because space has no medium for the blast to have traveled through but he had no time to excape the heat and the radiation. The radiation would have hit him no matter how fast he was going. It would be crazy in Nathan survives.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Once they got high enough, Nathan could have let Peter fall and kept flying off.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                I bet you that the reason they older generation wanted to the bomb to go off is that they know that the Baddy guy would die in the explosion, whilst because it didn't go off, terrible things are going to happen!

Ooh you never know!!
                Maybe the new bad guy IS in NY and that is who dragged a dead/dying Sylar into the sewer...
                sigpic

Comment

The only logical explanation for Nathan to survive lies with Hiro's powers which Peter possesses by now and have seen him use about twice, IIRC. Both of them, I think.

Maybe he teleported or time shifted Nathan away in a act of despair to save him just like he used Sylar's telekineses in Unexpected out of nowhere because he needed that at that time. His power is based on his emotions after all.

We also know that at first Ted only emitted an unharmful radiation level, perhaps Peter was radiating like that while he was being flown by Nathan into space because he was using everything Claude taught him not to explode. I mean something like what IcyNeko said. He was repressing Ted's power as best as he could at first, so Nathan wouldn't be overly irradiated while flying him upwards.

Some could say that he could have tried to teleport to Sahara before Nathan had to fly him away, but we must remember that Peter was desperately trying not to explode at the time and calling for Hiro's power or even Nathan's could make him loose control of Ted's even more since it was a very faint control. So once Nathan flew him to a safe distance in which he could explode safely (LOL), he called for Hiro's power and saved Nathan and by doing this lost control and truly exploded just then. It's the only thing that makes sense if Nathan indeed survives and Peter survives calling for Claire's and Nathan's or Hiro's powers in conjunction after he explodes.

Besides, we know that Hiro can use his powers on others, namely Ando when they time shifted and teleported to future NYC and back in Parasite and further.

That's my two cents worth...
                  Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 27 May 2007, 04:39 PM.
                  Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krysti View Post
                    Peter may have survived, but I don't think Nathan did.

The explosion was supposed to take out all of New York City. There's no way that Nathan could have flown Peter to a safe distance and then flown far enough away that Nathan would be safe from the blast. Nathan wasn't trying to save himself; he was just trying to get Peter as far away as possible before Peter exploded.
                    I don't think it was going to take out all of New York City, a sizeable portion of it yes, but not the entire city, and while I think Nathan probably did die, the fact that he can fly at supersonic speeds means it might not be the case.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Plus, it would have been the radiation that made most of the city uninhabitable far beyond that blast radius.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
                        The only logical explanation for Nathan to survive lies with Hiro's powers which Peter possesses by now and have seen him use about twice, IIRC. Both of them, I think.
                        Hiro's time field extends to anyone he touches. Hence why he has to hold Ando to teleport with him. If Peter used Hiro's power, Nathan would have teleported with him whereever he went, because Nathan would be holding onto him.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          Hiro's time field extends to anyone he touches. Hence why he has to hold Ando to teleport with him. If Peter used Hiro's power, Nathan would have teleported with him whereever he went, because Nathan would be holding onto him.
                          You can touch someone without holding the person and OUR TIME Hiro does not have full control of his powers yet. When you compare him with FUTURE Hiro, he seems to be able to do less while doing the exact same because he has less control. The episode Hiros is a good example, OUR Hiro never stopped time so long and so well, IIRC. What I want to say is that his power may not require for him to hold Ando for it to work, but that was the way he could do it at that moment. It was a pain for him to teleport just himself in the end of Genesis too, so OUR TIME Hiro is not a template for what his powers can truly achieve.

OK Peter would have even less control over Hiro's power than OUR TIME Hiro in a normal situation, but that would be a moment of dispair for him, you do things when dispaired that you wouldn't find the strength or the skill in any other situation, specially considering the nature of Peter's power and his love for his brother. I think he really cares about Nathan and vice versa. It just comes out of nowhere and Peter has a lot of stuff that can come out of nowhere and save Nathan. Hiro's power is just the most logical.

A mix between Matt's and Linderman's powers could be an answer too for Nathan to survive, but I don't remember if Peter has ever crossed paths with Linderman right now. Maybe they met way back, but he didn't know Linderman had a healing power, but Nathan does, so using Matt's power on him Peter could find out and heal Nathan after the whole thing is done with.

I just think that's less probable than Peter using Hiro's power to save Nathan. I don't know, I can just see that happening for some reason.

We'll see when season 2 begins, but it's fun to speculate.
                          Does anybody know when Heroes will return?

AF
                          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

With the speeds Nathan can fly it, it would not have been too much of a stretch for him to get Peter going upwards at a high rate of speed. Let him go and he would continue upwards for a distance as he slowed down and then began to fall backwards again. At the kind of altitude we saw, it would take a couple of minutes for Peter to free fall back to earth. Plenty of time for Nathan to get to a safe distance and still have Peter explode at a safe distance above the city so that damage is minimal at worst.

Comment

I do think Peter definitely survived the blast.

However, I really hope Nathan is dead. He was one of my favorite characters, because you just really couldnt tell whether he was good or bad. His final act of heroism was surprising and amazing. It would cheapen the act if he survived.

I think Nathan will only be back in flashbacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X