Puddle Jumper Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper Dimensions

Does anyone know the dimensions of the puddle jumper? Based on screencaps from 38 minutes (the shot of the back of the ship stuck in the gate), screencaps of the side view and my estimate of the event horizon being 15 feet in diameter (please correct if I’m wrong). I’ve been able to estimate the puddle jumper is 12.82 feet wide by 29.5 feet long and 9.84 feet tall. Does anyone know if this is even remotely accurate?

I’m making a model of the puddle jumper, not the first one I’ve made (as you can see in my signature) and I know the measurements of the designs I have are accurate(watched every scene of the puddle jumper from season 1 boxset at least 100 times and have almost every frame saved on my computer for reference). I just want to know the scale of the model! At the moment I estimate it to be 1:34 and the older model to be 1:17.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Does anyone know the dimensions of the puddle jumper? Based on screencaps from 38 minutes (the shot of the back of the ship stuck in the gate), screencaps of the side view and my estimate of the event horizon being 15 feet in diameter (please correct if I’m wrong). I’ve been able to estimate the puddle jumper is 12.82 feet wide by 29.5 feet long and 9.84 feet tall. Does anyone know if this is even remotely accurate?

I’m making a model of the puddle jumper, not the first one I’ve made (as you can see in my signature) and I know the measurements of the designs I have are accurate(watched every scene of the puddle jumper from season 1 boxset at least 100 times and have almost every frame saved on my computer for reference). I just want to know the scale of the model! At the moment I estimate it to be 1:34 and the older model to be 1:17.

Not too sure now but I did scale it for myself a couple of months ago and have lost the piece of paper it was on, never got round to typing it up on computer

But the model in your sig looks really kool

Comment

If I could get an accurate measurement of the gate I could work it out from that. Been searching the boards, found a few threads about the size of the gate but everyone seems to have a different opinion of how big it is, ranging from 15 feet to 30! Its not really that important, i just want to know what scale I'm working at!

Comment

I estimated it to be about 21 feet long, by 10-11 feet wide with a height of about 7 feet, 8 inches to possibly 8 feet even.

Granted all thats calculated from veried perspectives, the length and width come from observing how many steps it takes for the characters to move back to front and left to right in the craft with a little added on to account for the hull. Oof course iwhtout knowing the hei9ghts of the actors it's all eyeballing it.
        "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Stargates are exactly 22 feet in diameter. Twice the diameter of a ring transporter (11 feet). That should enable you to calculate the size of a puddle jumper.

Comment

not fully though, that only give you an idea of how big the jumper isn't hight and width-wise. It fails to tell you how long they are entirely and since jumpers aren't on a tight squeeze to go through it chances the math a bit.

Comment

The Stargate is 22 feet (6.7 meters) in diameter (Wikipedia) I guess the PJ is slightly under that.

You could perhaps also derive it by measuring people inside in a front shot.

Comment

The average male footstep width for a human is 3.5 feet... it takes sheppard six or so steps to go from back to front inside the jumper and about 2-3 steps to cross it left to right. Of course I have no idea how think the jumper walls are...and the interior is square while the exterior is round.

The real variable is what is the average width of the siding on the jumper? My guess 6-8 inches.

Comment

24 feet, I'm quite sure about it.

Vala,

Comment

I'm also intrested in knowing the dim of PJ. I have found some images that might help:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...sateda758.html

Paper model site translated from German to english
                    Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                    "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                    "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                    ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                    McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                    "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

IIRC stargates in pegasus have a different diameter, can't remember where I heard this (maybe an interview)... so you'd have to be careful about which you check on.
                      Now what's this whole mess with feet ??? Didn't the Ancients use the metric system anyway ?

Comment

the diameter of the stargate might be different, but is the event horizon the same diameter? i've been measuring against the Atlantis gate because all my measurements have been from screenshots from the DVDs and I dont own any SG-1 episodes with Jumpers in!

Comment

I'm quite sure I read/saw an interview once where they say the gate in Atlantis is different (foam vs rubber or something) and also has a different size.
                          Tried finding on gateworld.net with google but it didn't come up.

Comment

Now I remember it was there they talked about rubber gate, but no mention of size.

Comment

i found the dimensions here:
                              http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Puddle_Jumper

i did a quick conversion and it come out to 26ft long by about 15-16 feet high so that would give us about 18 feet wide if you say that the jumper is 2-3 feet wider than it is tall.
                              sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Working...
                              X