PDA

View Full Version : How will Peter Survive ? (Spoilers)

Starxgate
May 22nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
My guess is while Peter is falling from the sky & stuff he remembers that Hiro can TELEPORT because he saw Hiro appear out of no where behind Sylar & Peter will TELEPORT to safety.

tace
May 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
He can also fly and/or heal if he goes splat as long as nothing cuts his brain stem.

The Signal
May 22nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Spoilers for "Five Years Gone" and "How to Stop an Exploding Man"

He'd still explode. We know that Peter survived in the Five Years Gone 'verse (though I don't know how as he shouldn't have been able to heal having presumably never having met Claire), so it seems only natural that he'd survive here too.

As for the fall, he should be able to fly to safety.

memnarch
May 22nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Future Peter survived because Future Hiro created a new timeline by giving the save the cheerleader message. In that new timeline, Peter exploded but Sylar survived because present Hiro had traveled into the future and wasn't there to stab him like this time. Does that clear things up?

And Peter will survive because once he exploded he can fly, especially given that he'll be thinking about the sacrifice of his brother (if he's dead that is).

Gala
May 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yep personally if i flew upwards at the speed of sound and turned into a nuclear bomb killing my brother id be able to fly home safely.

I think not.. lol.

monkey_man132
May 22nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
I don't think he will die. Hiro's adventure could bring him to go back and prevent his death entirely. My hopes lie with Hiro and his new samurai friends.

The Ori
May 22nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
We all know that Peter survis becasue of "Five Years Gone", but what I want to know is does Nathan Patrelli survive?

Baalthazar
May 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
In Classic Comic book style there is a Balance between Good and evil if there is a Bad guy who can amass power by doing evil (Syler) there is a Counterbalance on the Good side. A being who can amass power by doing good (Peter saves Claire he gains Regeneration)etc In Comic books more often then not if the Villain Dies so does the hero in the ultimate Sacrifice to Save others. But if the Villain survives then The Hero will return to fight another Day. (Sylerís Blood trail down the drain clearly shows that he survived)

5 years gone shows that peter can survive after going Boom so i think it is very likely he will be back.

Ehecatl
May 22nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
It will be exactly like what happened in the latest superman movie.

He'll fall from the sky slowly regenerating even after he smacks the ground. His recovery will take a while though. either that or he'll teleport to safety to heal.

Cap116
May 22nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Peter will be back next season. The show won't be the same without him in it.

Buddhawasanancient
May 22nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
Speaking of Five Years Gone, I was thinking about it today, and how it relates to the season finale...Are we to believe that the future in Five Years Gone would have come to pass had Nathan NOT flown Peter to safety? Cause if that's the case, and Peter exploded, all of the people there at Kirby plaza would have died. Bennet, Niki, Mohinder, Parkman, etc were all alive and well in the future. Ok, so you say maybe on the night of the bomb from that future, Parkman and Bennet aren't in the city. Ok then how did Peter meet Ted Sprague and become radioactive? And maybe The Sanders don't go to NY that day, but we see a painting of Micah in the bomb, and Peter says "I killed Micah". We'd have to assume Niki and DL would come to NY to find Micah if he was in trouble in ANY timeline.

And just when I thought I had Five years Gone all figured out...

the fifth man
May 22nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty confident Peter will be in Season 2. But like others have stated, I'm more concerned with Nathan's fate. I really hope he didn't die, heroically or not.

-PITBULL-
May 22nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
I dont know what to think , Peter could Survive from all that . He does have Clares powers and for all we know even if he does go off and explodes he could still survive from it , It could be more like an energy spike from himself , and rather exploding he could be gathering the energy around his body to expode from him , leaving him unharmed ...

As for his brother , well he could have survived it as well . Seeing how fast he could fly , he could easly have got high anuff in time and then let his own brother go so he could get out of there in time .. Making him look like he was doing the right thing , but over all he was tring to get ride of his own brother so he could take over everthing else for himself ...

Scyler could be alive still , but for who long is the question on that one . Scyler could have over heard the little girl talking about this powerful guy or gal and might want that power for hsi own , and might end up starting up and Villian campain . Collecting and finding others like himself to battle the others , but still looking for this one person that this girl was talking about ....

Jace021903
May 23rd, 2007, 06:02 AM
I don't know how much people want to be spoiled for season 2 so I'll put in spoiler space.

Spoilers about Peter and Nathan's fate and season 2 timeline found here:

http://urlzip.org/here66

from E online

"Spoiler Alert! I have it on good authority that both Milo Ventimiglia (Peter) and Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) are back next season. I'm also 99 percent certain Greg Grunberg (Matt) is back, but not so sure about D.L. (Leonard Roberts). I have a sneaking suspicion Linderman's blood or heart may heal him, but that could just be my wishful thinking, for I love Leonard so.

Glug! Glug! The script called for Nathan to drop Peter into the ocean after he exploded, which should explain my "swim" reference in today's chat. We'll see next season if that is indeed where P.P. landed.

Spoiler Alert Part Deux! I'm told next season begins four months into the future, and two of the main characters are in deep despairóone having completely lost his memory (bring on the Bourne Identity storyline!) and the other having developed a major drinking problem. Told ya Sylar wasn't this show's only demon."

Archaeis
May 23rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
It also begs the question of why NAthan had to fly Peter up instead of Peter flying himself.

As for Peter surviving, the whole "exploding man" thing is really misleading. He was never actually going to "Explode" as it blow himself apart, but just emit of ****load of radioactive energy at once. HIs body would be fine.

mi4si
May 23rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
It also begs the question of why NAthan had to fly Peter up instead of Peter flying himself.

As for Peter surviving, the whole "exploding man" thing is really misleading. He was never actually going to "Explode" as it blow himself apart, but just emit of ****load of radioactive energy at once. HIs body would be fine.

Why is it so hard to believe that Peter was under so much stress trying to control Ted's power that he couldn't concentrate to fly. He couldn't even finish dealing with Sylar as he was beginning to glow.

ranlynn
May 23rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Future Peter survived because Future Hiro created a new timeline by giving the save the cheerleader message. In that new timeline, Peter exploded but Sylar survived because present Hiro had traveled into the future and wasn't there to stab him like this time. Does that clear things up?

And Peter will survive because once he exploded he can fly, especially given that he'll be thinking about the sacrifice of his brother (if he's dead that is).

Actually we really don't know what happened when Peter went critical. It's possible that the force of the blast radiating outward and leaving Peter himself suffering very little physical damage.

Though I'd imagine he's be very exhausted and/or drained of energy. Which could also explain the scar that 'Future' Peter had if he was injured when his resources were so low.

tace
May 23rd, 2007, 11:44 AM

The "exploding man" tag came from one of Isaac's paintings--which are all fairly misleading until you see the scene actually play out. I loved that line "How do you stop an exploding man?". Glad they used it for the title :)

I wondered about Peter flying himself, too. He was probably concentrating everything he had on not going nuclear

peter_pan
May 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
I don't think he will die. Hiro's adventure could bring him to go back and prevent his death entirely. My hopes lie with Hiro and his new samurai friends.

My theory is that new samurai friend the one on the horse with the familiar symbol is Hiros Farther. Thatís Hiros fathers power being hundreds of years old. That explains how if farther seemed to know what was happening. Like how he knew Hiro was going to be at the sward reaper shop.

2ndgenerationalteran
May 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM
interesting theory about Hiro's father being the Samurai Kensei. But what seems to be misunderstood is that the current storyline and the future storyline we saw are two completely different. Therefore you cannot base predictions from the future storyline to the current one, the older Hiro messed up our path to that storyline when he came back to tell Peter to save Claire.

As for Peter's survival, its pretty much safe to say he'll live. Mrs. Petrelli reasured us that when Peter asorbed Claire's ability it ensured he will live. But being in space and all, he may "die" because there is no air, if he somehow makes it back to Earth he probably will recover again. Nathan has an even lower chance of living, having taken Peter into space, and most likely been caught in the nuclear blast. If he lives it may mean that Peter tried to explode like an EMP rather than a nuke.

Avenger
May 28th, 2007, 03:07 PM
We all know that Peter survis becasue of "Five Years Gone", but what I want to know is does Nathan Patrelli survive?

That's a different time line where the explosion occurred in the city itself. What happened in that episode has changed because Peter didn't go nuclear in the city.

YodaMate
May 31st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Indeed, Five Years Gone still confuses me a little.

Peter was the bomb, in NYC. Sylar was close enough to witness it (he knew Pete was the bomb), Micah and Ando were killed in the explosion. Mohinder met Nathan prior to the bomb and was somehow complicit ("five years ago, you and i let a man blow up NY") but Mohinder may not know it was Pete. It's possible that Nathan simply convinced him it couldn't be stopped (Isaac's paintings could help in that regard).

Nikki didn't witness it, in fact she didn't even meet Peter at the time (she meets him a year later in the comic).

However, strangely enough, Peter survives the explosion with a nasty scar and the comic of Ando's death shows a broken body, not an incinerated one. Which leads me to agree with above posters, the 'bomb' isn't a normal nuclear (or even conventional) explosion, all the comments about going 'nuclear' and radiation are misleading.

I think it's more like a non-radioactive shockwave emanating from Peter/Ted (see the Bennet house, ripped apart but Ted's alive and there's been no visible radiation side effects). Everything gets pushed away, explaining how extra tough Sylar could survive but Ando gets badly broken. If Nikki was using her power, it's possible she survived (any solid objects getting pushed into her might break first). Of course if nothing gets in her brain, Claire should have an easy time of it. If they see it coming, DL could phase out and Hiro teleport out of the way.

No sign of Linderman in the future. This could mean that DL killed him or any number of things. Molly Walker survived, meaning that she received treatment from Mohinder (and probably evacuated with him or DL phased her out). Matt and Bennet couldn't possibly have been anywhere near the bomb.

So what changed ? The Kirby Plaza confrontation is radically changed, most of the participants originally weren't present. And Nathan made his choice. But how did this happen ? Only Hiro and Ando really have the power to alter things, but they didn't interact with many people, just Nathan and Sylar really. Perhaps that scene where Hiro shouts "villain" at Nathan's limo is in fact what saved the world ? Also, their attempts to kill Sylar may have altered his movements (and desire to die), and Hiro choosing to go after Ando.

One possible change : afrer killing his mother, Sylar is more or less ready to die. Hiro arrives and Sylar dares Hiro to kill him but, survival instincts been strong, quickly decides against it. Now wanting to live, he paints the 5 Years Gone future (in blood !) and decides to hunt down Peter and make him explode. He finds him at Kirby Plaza with Ted and Claire, decides to get Ted away from Pete before killing him (to ensure he gets Ted's power, before possibly losing him to Pete's explosion). This sets in motion a series of moves that results in all the players been in Kirby Plaza, many of them trying to kill Sylar. It could be these moves put Claire and Peter onto the fact that Nathan wants the bomb to go off, and between them and Hiro's earlier "villain" effort, Nathan decides to save New York.

lunarleviathan
June 1st, 2007, 12:11 AM
Peter doesn't need Claire's ability to survive. As seen with Ted, he is not affected by the radiation - his own ability, also Claire's biological mother could not be burnt due to her fire ability, so it stands to reason Peter having Ted's radioactive ability would make him imune to any effects. The explosion doesn't come from inside of Peter, so it's not like his entire body is going to be blown into pieces. It's clearly shown that the ability is external, also as illustrated by Issac's painting of the exploding man still having a human form (thus, having not actually exploded in the traditional sense.) So, Peter didn't need to save Claire to get her ability. We know that regardless he survived anyway as seen in 5 Years Gone.

There were two real reasons to save Claire, thus save the future. Firstly to prevent Sylar getting her ability, and secondly so she could kill Peter by withstanding the radiation. However, Nathan was convinced to save the world rather than his political career. It's hard to pinpoint what actually changed his mind, since we don't have all the details of the alternate timeline. But, Hiro telling him that in the future he would be a villain probably helped.

Well, actually, now I think about it. Nathan flying Peter away might require Peter to have Claire's ability to survive. He's going to be falling from a pretty high height. That's irrelevent anyway, since he does have that ability in the present, and he didn't need it in the alternate set of events leading to the bad future.

The real question is how will Nathan survive? He's exposed to Peter "exploding", and that's after the radiation effects.

Shep
June 1st, 2007, 02:59 AM
The real question is how will Nathan survive? He's exposed to Peter "exploding", and that's after the radiation effects.

remember that Nathan is capable of faster than sound speed, which they established when he got away from Mr Bennett in Las Vegas.

if Nathan took Peter up high enough, somewhere between the mesosphere and the thermosphere maybe, then i'd think Nathan would have enough time to zip off at mach whatever before Peter went kersplodey, and the distance would allow Peter a bit of room to fall and still keep the wee earth safe.

Perhaps that scene where Hiro shouts "villain" at Nathan's limo is in fact what saved the world ?

imho, it was the effect that both Claire and Peter had on Nathan, combined with Peter's rooftop convo with Charles. that, and quantum reality; the future's never written in stone.

Major Tyler
June 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
Spoilers for "Five Years Gone" and "How to Stop an Exploding Man"

He'd still explode. We know that Peter survived in the Five Years Gone 'verse (though I don't know how as he shouldn't have been able to heal having presumably never having met Claire), so it seems only natural that he'd survive here too.

As for the fall, he should be able to fly to safety.Why wouldn't Peter survive the explosion, even without Claire's power? Ted isn't hurt by his ability, so why would Peter be hurt? Based on what we've seen of Ted and Syler when they make their "mini-nukes" with their hands, I think it's clear that his body doesn't actually explode...it seems like the energy is generated by his body and explodes outward, away from Peter. Otherwise wouldn't Ted/Syler's hands explode everytime they made their "mini-booms?"

Buddhawasanancient
June 1st, 2007, 12:43 PM
So what changed ? The Kirby Plaza confrontation is radically changed, most of the participants originally weren't present. And Nathan made his choice. But how did this happen ? Only Hiro and Ando really have the power to alter things, but they didn't interact with many people, just Nathan and Sylar really. Perhaps that scene where Hiro shouts "villain" at Nathan's limo is in fact what saved the world ? Also, their attempts to kill Sylar may have altered his movements (and desire to die), and Hiro choosing to go after Ando.

I think they all should have been present that day in the city even in the past that led up to Five Years Gone. Or else how would Peter/Sylar have absorbed/killed Ted? The 2 of them, seperately, go to Las Vegas, meet Ted, then come back to NY for their inevitable showdown? I don't think so. I believe in both timelines Bennet, Parkman and Ted were going to NY (BTW this was a plan that was set into motion before Hiro and Ando went to the future for Five Years Gone so anything they did when the got back should have had no effect on the Bennet/Matt/Ted coming to NY). It's the only way to explain how Peter and Sylar both became nuclear. Also Micah rigging the vote has obviously been part of Linderman and Angela P's plan for a while and was the reason Nathan got elected in Five Years Gone so you'd have to assume Nikki and DL would have gone to NY to save Micah, even in the past that led up to Five Years Gone. Plus Mohinder lives in NY so he would more than likely have been there when Peter exploded. All of this is pretty much telling me that everyone who was alive in Five Years Gone should have been in NY and dead. Besides Ando not dying and Peter not exploding in the city, everything else should have happened the same way. In other words if Nathan never flies Peter out of there, everyone in Kirby Plaza is dead except Peter, Claire, and possibly Sylar. Now I understand that the only way they could have done Five Years Gone was with everyone alive (It would have been pretty boring if it just followed Peter around for an hour) but there's definitely a HUGE plot hole right here and I can't believe no one else sees it...

jds1982
June 1st, 2007, 01:15 PM
All of this is pretty much telling me that everyone who was alive in Five Years Gone should have been in NY and dead. Besides Ando not dying and Peter exploding in the city, everything else should have happened the same way. In other words if Nathan never flies Peter out of there, everyone in Kirby Plaza is dead except Peter, Claire, and possibly Sylar. Now I understand that the only way they could have done Five Years Gone was with everyone alive (It would have been pretty boring if it just followed Peter around for an hour) but there's definitely a HUGE plot hole right here and I can't believe no one else sees it...

There were people who survived very close to ground zero in Hiroshima when the bomb went off, and we don't even know how big Peter's explosion was going to be. Judging by what I saw from "Five Years Gone", obviously not big enough to level New York, heck not even just Manhatten, it just blew out the windows in Isaac's loft. However even a small nuclear explosion in New York has the potential to kill millions because of the population density. In fact I suspect the majority of the casualties would be from things like falling debris, collapsing buildings, and radiation sickness, rather than the actual explosion. So it would be very possible for a person to be in New York that day and be completely fine.

Buddhawasanancient
June 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
So it would be very possible for a person to be in New York that day and be completely fine.

But they were all at Kirby Plaza which would have been ground zero...

YodaMate
June 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Plus, Niki didn't see Peter 'explode', according to the comic she didn't even meet him til a year later. So obviously, she wasn't in the immediate vicinity.

Maybe Kirby Plaza wasn't the original ground zero, after all Peter's dream in Episode 11 was outside Nathan's campaign office. Of course, his dreams aren't the most reliable.

Possibly if they see it coming (say in the building at a window but not down in the Plaza below, so they just see an explosion), Niki's power could protect her from a collapsing building, DL has just enough time to phase out himself and Molly but Micah is out of reach and dies.

jds1982
June 2nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
But they were all at Kirby Plaza which would have been ground zero...

Like Yodamate said Kirby plaza might not have been ground zero in the original timeline.

2ndgenerationalteran
June 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
would claire have survived the explosion if peter did go nuclear and blow his top in the city?

Buddhawasanancient
June 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
would claire have survived the explosion if peter did go nuclear and blow his top in the city?

It probably depends on if she's completely disintegrated (where her brain would be destroyed) or just charred like when Ted blew his top in her house...

the fifth man
June 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM

If she were at ground zero, I highly doubt it. There would have been nothing left to regenerate.

Shep
June 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
If she were at ground zero, I highly doubt it. There would have been nothing left to regenerate.

it's certainly a good question. :D