PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

LauraT
May 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Am I the only one who doesnt like Mama Petrelli? I really cant stand her. Shes horrible

Doze
May 22nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Mr Muggles thinks she's HOT!

docballen
May 22nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
No you are not the only one.

My hubby and I voted and we've decided she's pure unadulterated evil.

And she's an [expletive deleted]-- uhhh, pregnant dog. (Sorry, girl dogs everywhere!)

memnarch
May 22nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
She all kinds of beotch. I kept waiting for someone to slap her during the finale...

Doze
May 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
And that's just how Mr Muggles like them.

The Ori
May 22nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
She looks like Tony Blair's wife!!

Buddhawasanancient
May 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
What a weird conversation with her on the phone with Noah (haha), huh?

Angela P: Claire's fine. She's with family.

Bennet: You're not her family. I'm her father

Angela P: No you're not. You're the person we asked to watch her for a while.

...Or something to that effect...

Ehecatl
May 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Does she have a power or is she just really informed from her former contacts with the secret agency?

docballen
May 23rd, 2007, 12:21 AM
She all kinds of beotch. I kept waiting for someone to slap her during the finale...

I'll do it. Normally I'm against the use of violence... but this person would benefit from being beotch-slapped right into next year.

And Mr Muggles had better like 'em that way... none of that "cats and dogs--living together"
stuff where I come from!!!

May 23rd, 2007, 05:24 AM
No you are not the only one.

My hubby and I voted and we've decided she's pure unadulterated evil.

And she's an [expletive deleted]-- uhhh, pregnant dog. (Sorry, girl dogs everywhere!)

My wife and I came to the same conclusion. She really is, in her own way, just as evil and just as much of a sociopath as Sylar is.

Commander Jumper
May 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt like Mama Petrelli? I really cant stand her. Shes horrible
My mother and I voted that she's evil... and has some crazy psycho evil power

Mr Muggles thinks she's HOT!
NO MUGGLES LIKES SYLAR!!!!

And that's just how Mr Muggles like them.
MUGGLES + SYLAR :p

I'll do it. Normally I'm against the use of violence... but this person would benefit from being beotch-slapped right into next year.

And Mr Muggles had better like 'em that way... none of that "cats and dogs--living together"
stuff where I come from!!!
Muggles is into the whole Evil psycho thing.. but he'd rather be with sylar :p LOL... OH NOES HOW WILL MUGGLES TAKE THE NEWS OF SYLARS....not sure if he's dead...DEATH!!!

Trek_Girl42
May 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM

Muggles is into the whole Evil psycho thing.. but he'd rather be with sylar :p LOL... OH NOES HOW WILL MUGGLES TAKE THE NEWS OF SYLARS....not sure if he's dead...DEATH!!!
:eek: Poor Mr. Muggles! Someone break it to him gently.....

Doze
May 24th, 2007, 05:02 AM

Hello... ever hear of a two timing dog? Mr. Muggles is more than dog enough to be getting some on the side. He would never leave Sylar but...
A dawg's got to do, what a dawg's got to do. :D

This should put her number one on Sylars hit list. ;)

jds1982
May 24th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Does she have a power or is she just really informed from her former contacts with the secret agency?

She has the power of being an overbearing mother, and driving her children crazy, hmm I wonder if her name is Lucille.

tace
May 24th, 2007, 06:12 AM
She has to have a power because (online comic book spoiler):

according to the comic books online the Petrelli's dad didn't have a power. At least he hasn't shown one yet.

I wanted to smack her for what she said about her sons. Evil woman. But man, she's a great character/actress.

Trek_Girl42
May 24th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I wanted to smack her for what she said about her sons. Evil woman. But man, she's a great character/actress.
I absolutely agree- she's a fantastic actress who really makes the character hateable, but in a way that we want to keep watching her. I still think that she can redeem herself.

Doze
May 24th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I absolutely agree- she's a fantastic actress who really makes the character hateable, but in a way that we want to keep watching her. I still think that she can redeem herself.I don't think there will be a need to redeem herself. I think we have only seen 1/5 of the story and in the end it would have been the 'safe thing' to let Peter blow up NY City. But if the old guy that Peter watch over is right, his heart will save the world... in session five and he was not talking about this session. IMHO

tace
May 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I absolutely agree- she's a fantastic actress who really makes the character hateable, but in a way that we want to keep watching her. I still think that she can redeem herself.

Probably. Look how Noah Bennett turned out. He had his awful moments but still turned out to be (mostly) good. Wanting to let a third of New York get nuked isn't quite as morally gray as all the bad things Bennett did to protect his family but there's potential for Ma Petrelli to redeem herself. We've only see what she's done, not why she's doing it (or why she's so reptilian).

Then again, she may just be a sociopath.

LauraT
May 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Even though I hate her with a firey passion it shows how up until the season finale why Nathan was the way he was. I'm kinda hoping that Peter takes after Papa Petrelli lol.

RainbowMist
May 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Even though I hate her with a firey passion it shows how up until the season finale why Nathan was the way he was. I'm kinda hoping that Peter takes after Papa Petrelli lol.

I don't know, Papa Petrelli was no humanitarian... Did you read the "War Buddies" comics on NBC.com? Plus I got the impression from "Six Months Ago" that Peter has some sizable daddy issues =) it doesn't seem like they saw eye-to-eye at all. He's a Mama's boy which makes me wonder how he really took his mother's evaluation of him in the finale. I think Nathan was probably his biggest parental figure when he was growing up. I hope he's not dead :(

Wow, that was a bit of a Tangent wasn't it? On topic: Yeah Angela Petrelli = Cruella De Vil (or if you want a funnier reference- Mom from Futurama, Think about it)

cindyz
May 29th, 2007, 05:33 PM
She seemed to have an agenda that was further revealed in Landslide and the finale. She is evil...don't know if she has a power. I thought the father was the one with some sort of power. maybe I missed that detail. It seems to me that every child had 2 parents with some sort of powers each.

the fifth man
May 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
She seemed to have an agenda that was further revealed in Landslide and the finale. She is evil...don't know if she has a power. I thought the father was the one with some sort of power. maybe I missed that detail. It seems to me that every child had 2 parents with some sort of powers each.

Seems logical that those with powers would get together with others with powers. That would pretty much guarantee any children would also have powers of some kind.

Doze
May 29th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I don't agree that she is evil, at least not yet. This show is about the unexpected, keeping us on our toes. I find it hard to believe; that a show that is this well thought out would leave any impression of any charter we have been given in the first season until the last. There should be at least five seasons right, to get the magical 100 shows? My bet is that by the end of the fourth season she will be thought of as a good guy.

May 30th, 2007, 03:23 AM
I don't know, Papa Petrelli was no humanitarian... Did you read the "War Buddies" comics on NBC.com? Plus I got the impression from "Six Months Ago" that Peter has some sizable daddy issues =) it doesn't seem like they saw eye-to-eye at all. He's a Mama's boy which makes me wonder how he really took his mother's evaluation of him in the finale. I think Nathan was probably his biggest parental figure when he was growing up. I hope he's not dead :(

Wow, that was a bit of a Tangent wasn't it? On topic: Yeah Angela Petrelli = Cruella De Vil (or if you want a funnier reference- Mom from Futurama, Think about it)

Ooh! Good analogy to Mom. Have some green.

I don't agree that she is evil, at least not yet. This show is about the unexpected, keeping us on our toes. I find it hard to believe; that a show that is this well thought out would leave any impression of any charter we have been given in the first season until the last. There should be at least five seasons right, to get the magical 100 shows? My bet is that by the end of the fourth season she will be thought of as a good guy.

I think she IS evil. In her own way, she was every bit as evil as Sylar. Possibly moreso. Sylar KNEW he had a problem. He went to his mom practically BEGGING her for approval. If she had approved of him I think he would have been content and would no longer feel this compulsion to seek out new powers. It seems he really didn't WANT to be bad, he just couldn't help himself. Mrs Petrelli, on the other hand, was a stone cold *****. She had no qualms about killing MILLIONS of innocents and her own son all to put Nathan in power. Had it happened she would not have felt the slightest bit of remorse about it. Even when it seemed there really was a chance to stop it all she pushed Nathan to let it all happen. So really, in her own way, she was MORE evil than Sylar.

Doze
May 30th, 2007, 06:16 AM
I think she IS evil. In her own way, she was every bit as evil as Sylar. Possibly moreso. Sylar KNEW he had a problem. He went to his mom practically BEGGING her for approval. If she had approved of him I think he would have been content and would no longer feel this compulsion to seek out new powers. It seems he really didn't WANT to be bad, he just couldn't help himself. Mrs Petrelli, on the other hand, was a stone cold *****. She had no qualms about killing MILLIONS of innocents and her own son all to put Nathan in power. Had it happened she would not have felt the slightest bit of remorse about it. Even when it seemed there really was a chance to stop it all she pushed Nathan to let it all happen. So really, in her own way, she was MORE evil than Sylar.Lot me first say I don't disagree with anything you are saying. I just think there is a much bigger picture in play here. And I believe that we are being given all the dark parts of the bigger picture for Mrs. Petrelli and Linderman. Even charter in this show has at sometime had a dark side (and that is something I love in this show) but the motive of these two have not been shown as of yet.

What if...
Something real bad that is going to happen now because the explosion did not go off?
What if...
The world needed to know that there are Heroes?
What if...
The old Heroes have seen the future and are picking a better one.
What if...
The writers are taking us down this wrong path to add some surprise later on.

I am not at all saying I am right in anyway, I just think there is a lot of room for the 'What if' and she is a big part of that what if to me.