This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you want as an ally

If you had to choose sides who would you pick?

Humans + Asurans against wraith

OR

Humans + Wraith against Asurans?

I rather team up with the Asurans, so far they just seem to be after Atlantis for sentimental value or something like that. While the Wraith are after Earth so they can Eat.
    Last edited by Hypochondriac; 22 May 2007, 08:52 AM. Reason: Changed Title

I'd prefer to ally with the Asurans. It would be like being allied with the Ancients, but not exactly. Having said that, it seems rather impossible now...

Comment

Not much thought needed here, I'm with the people who won't eat me afterwards. Asurans, dude. The wraith are never our allies, they will get hungry and I know I'd be first in line when that happens. I wasn't meant to be din-din. Not only for the eating part, the Asurans have great techs and seem to have a city 3 times as large as ours and they have so many zpms. Shoot, we'd be in bliss. Anyway I thought Oberoth rocked!
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

The practicalities of warfare would suggest it is wiser to ally with the weaker of the two enemies.. i.e. the one it would be easier (even slightly) for you to defeat on your own. If you ally with the stronger enemy to kill off the weaker... then that leaves you.. and the tough mofo's..
        sigpic

Comment

It's better to die with honor, than to show up as an appetizer.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            It's better to die with honor, than to show up as an appetizer.
            Like it.
            sigpic

Comment

I would ally with the Wraith. Because I prefer an ally who can be throw into a civil war, divided,etc. if this ally becomes an enemy.
              LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
              Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
              http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
              My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                If you had to choose sides who would you pick?

Humans + Asurans against wraith

OR

Humans + Wraith against Asurans?

I rather team up with the Asurans, so far they just seem to be after Atlantis for sentimental value or something like that. While the Wraith are after Earth so they can Eat.
                Asurans don't need any help in taking out the Wraith. They have had 10,000 years to build up ZPM's, Drones & all the rest. They can build ships in the space of weeks etc etc. Not to mention that energy beam they possess. Any Hives that come into orbit above their planet, they simply need fire towards them. A single hit & it'd cut through the Hive's like a hot knife through butter.

Not to mention they were going to kill the humans the very first time they met. They didn't offer to have the humans evacuate Atlantis & hand it over to them. They were simply gonna destroy it with all them inside at the time.

In the 2nd encounter, they killed all the Lanteans without thought & after they took the city back to their home planet, would have done some terrible things to the team.

If that wasn't enough to show their intentions, the 3d meeting in 'First Strike' proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there can never be any alliances between them given the outcome of what happened.

Lastly, it's been said by the team that it was the Asurans who probably made the 'Hot Zone' virus. So if that's the case, then their big plan involves wiping out the humans of the galaxy forcing the Wraith to starve. At least Wraith will leave human worlds alone because they need them to survive.

Wraith are a better ally to have because they aren't the main threat. Simply because they can't get to the MW. They are consigned to Pegasus. Not to mention when they attack the Asurans, they will lose a ton of Hives in the process. So either way, it's a win win situation for the Atlantis expedition.

The only things they have to watch is that Wraith don't backstab them & get control of a 304 or locate the wherabouts of Atlantis. If they did, the not only would the MW be opened to them, but they'd turn tail asap & leave you to deal with the Asurans on their own. Then if they defeated the Asurans, make sure you have a plan in place to take them out immeditaely after because you wouldn't want them to step into an empty Asuran city with all the technology & knowledge that it possesses.

Best thing to do is make a temporary alliance with the Wraith. Set them at war with each other, work on the satellite weapon in Area 51. Then get something in place for the Wraith to take care of them when the time comes.

Not to mention, if the events of 'Unending' play out & they get the same upgrades as 'Odyssey'. It may be the Wraith coming to seek their help!

Comment

Can I pick option 3? Find a way to pit them against each other and sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I like Ruffles's 3rd option!
                    Now , If I had to choose it would be the wraith! They are a less- powerful enemy then the asurans.
                    + with all the loses that they might suffer in this war , it could be easy to get ridd of them if they decide to stab us in the back again.
                    I think asurans are far more colder than the wraith ( of course they are , since they are machines.), so , not the "ideal ally" profile.
                    sigpic

Comment

The main point I have against the Wraith is they will head for Earth ASAP. You would have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they don't get the advanced anctient technology once they defeat the asurans.

I don't expect us to have the unending tech for much longer. Probably get's destroyed of something

Comment

Wraith and us as allies is very cool, but wait...that didn't work out very well the first time...

Comment

I would go with the Wraith, because as has been mentioned, there is the possibility of civil war within the WRaith, but when that one asuran went with the team back to Atlantis, they just reset him, they have pure cohesion. It's all about teaming with the Wraith and opening up cans of whupass on the Asurans. I'm all for handing out that Wraith gas to half of the Wraith so the other half can feed on them, that'll keep them at bay for a while at least.
                          sigpic
                          If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                          I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                            The main point I have against the Wraith is they will head for Earth ASAP. You would have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they don't get the advanced anctient technology once they defeat the asurans.

I don't expect us to have the unending tech for much longer. Probably get's destroyed of something
                            If you saw the ending of Atlantis, you'd know that the Asurans have pretty much the same plan. The only difference is that they have the means to get there whenever they choose & once they do, there's pretty much nothing you can do against them. If they send a fleet of warships powered with ZPM's, Drones & Energy Weapons. Realistically who will be able to stop them?

Wraith only htreaten Atlantis, Asurans threaten the whole human populations of Pegasus & MW galaxies. Of course both need to be taken out at the end-up but they don't have & never will have the capabilities or resources to do it on their own.

Asurans don't need humans & want to annihilate them as a species. Wraith need a new feeding ground & Lantean technologies hold the key to them getting there. Not to mention, Asurans have a plan to finally take the Wraith out at some point anyhow. So Wraith are in a no win situation. Stand back, do nothing. Asurans at some point in future, launch their attack & Wraith are no more. Asurans do nothing for a good few years, Wraith factions battle each other, with the strong overcoming the weak. Eventually the strong run out of rival Wraith & human planets, as a result end up starving to death.

Either way, they're screwed. At least with attacking the Asurans, they get a chance to get hold of their technology.

If Atlantis & the SGC are able to build a fleet of ships with energy weapons etc as soon as they can, then the unshielded Hives shouldn't be too difficult to take out given the right strategy once the Asurans are dealt with. Once they go at it, Wraith will either destroy the Asurans. Which if is the case, then they'll have lost a good few Hives in the process. So you simply send in your fleet at that moment & take them out.

On the other hand, if the Wraith fail. Then those attacking will only have pissed off the Asurans, brought the Wraith onto their radar. Forcing them to start their master plan to finish them off once & for all.

Either way, it's a good result for the humans. Wraith win, Asurans are gone, Wraith military power depleted. You swoop in with your energy weapons, retro-virus etc & finish them off. Asurans win, Wraith are gone & pose no further threat. Asurans have taken damage from the Wraith war & so will have most likely had ZPM's depleted, Drones depleted & lost ships etc in the process. The time spent at war should give you enough time to complete the satellite weapon, you swoop in, deploy it & whack them all in one single swift blast.

That's the best possible outcome because you get all the Asuran planet & their ready made technology in perfect working order.

So an alliance with the Wraith is in the humans best interests. You are there all the time, you can sway them in a particular direction. Most importantly youa re close to them so that in the event of them launching any plans of attack that you will be in a position to do something if they ever got their hands on an Asuran city or ship etc.

Think how it'd play out if you stood back & had nothing to do with it. Wraith ambushed & got control of a warship. Took the plans & info on how to upograde their Hives. Then you got a call one day from the SGC that the Wraith have arrived in the MW. 50+ Hives would be carnage, at least with the Asurans at them, they'll drop that number down significantly. In the wost of the worst, during or after the war, they got their hands on the upgrades. Then 5/10 Hives is a lot easier to manage than 50.

So an alliance is perfect as long as they keep their wits about them constantly. Don't want to get suckered into a trap in which a 304 ends up in their possession. So as long as they do that, build more 304's with energyw eapons back in the MW as quickly as they can. Then Wraith shouldn't ever be too much of a problem that the 304's + Jaffa Ha'taks can't deal with.

The reality is you have 2 enemies. 1 by far a serious threat to multiple galaxies. A race that can adapt & replicate anything that is thrown at them. While another that is starving, limited to a single galaxy, ships don't possess shields etc. The only threat is the Asurans, the Wraith are contained. So it's in both interests that Asurans are public enemy no.1 However I'm certain at one point or another in S4, we'll see the humans get suckered by the Wraith.

I'd have set them at war for at least S4 & S5, but in JM's blog a few weeks ago he dropped a hint that one of them may be finished come the end of S4.

Comment

The asuran suck and they hate all humans so how could we ally with them,
                              Id go with humans + wraith because the asuran are to powerful to defeat on our own at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X