Why no Batman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no Batman?

Why isn't batman in this or even maybe just Bruce Wayne?

What I'm wondering is if the show's producers don't want him or if their is some other reason.

Also Batman has a very special connection to Superman and he is a member of Justice League and they have the green arrow who is a very minor charater and I thought Bruce Wayne would have been better so what is you opinion?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Why isn't batman in this or even maybe just Bruce Wayne?

What I'm wondering is if the show's producers don't want him or if their is some other reason.

Also Batman has a very special connection to Superman and he is a member of Justice League and they have the green arrow who is a very minor charater and I thought Bruce Wayne would have been better so what is you opinion?
    If I remember correctly Bruce or Batman won't appear b/c of coppyright issues at the moment.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      If I remember correctly Bruce or Batman won't appear b/c of coppyright issues at the moment.
      It's not copyright issues. The same people own the entire DC Universe. I've read that WB fears that having Batman appear in Smallville would be detrimental to the current movie franchise because some will confuse continuity.

I personally stopped watching Smallville after Angel was canceled. Batman/Bruce appearing on Smallville is the only thing that would have me watch again.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Ripple in Space, you are right, it is because if Batman or Wonder Woman were to be in the show then they would have too much character depth for fans to focus on Clark/Superman, and the prodcuers do not want that to happen!!
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

there doesnt have to be an appearance, you could have someone mention him like say lex was boycotted by some rich billionaire boy named bruce wayne and now lex is having an hissy fit!

well in smallville they have mentioned gotham city (i think) so maybe the tphb might introduce them later
          sigpic

Comment

Yeh I realised that when they mentioned Gotham, it was in that episode when Lex was having a hisy fit against Oliver Queen because Queen used to bully him.

And then one of Queen's friend's said he has to go back to Gotham and then he gets in his car/limo and it blows up!! I was wondering if that was the case.

Anyway, it would be crap if they just mentioned Bruce Wayne and not show him!! What they need to do is an episode where say

"people in Smallville re dying with smiley faces, and Clark wants to investigate it, so he tries to do it and finds out that there were similar deaths in a city called Gotham. He realises that a villian called Joker is in town. When he investigates more he comes across a man in a bat suit and comes "Batman". Then what happens is that Batman tracks Clark and finds out about his powers and they work together to find the joker and then they both find out that the joker is in town to work with Lex for some deal!!"

This story is more or less the same as a story in Superman The Animated Series, but I gotta ssay it kicks ass and would be very good way to introduce Batman!
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Didn't McKay like Batman? I agree with McKay, Batman rocks, I would start watching Smallville if Batman could be in it. Dam you copyright laws and other such things!!

Comment

Batman and Wonderwoman will probably never appear in SMALLVILLE because they are the only two other DC characters with the potential to take the spotlight away from Superman, which would unbalance the focus on Clark Kent.

SMALLVILLE, at this point, doesn't need anymore actual super heroes, since that would just be overdoing it. If a sequel/spinoff series focusing on the justice league ever came into comission, then it would be better for those two to pop in.

Comment

i wouldn't want to see batman. i'm not even sure about just seeing bruce, but definately a mention about wayne enterprises would be very cool. Perhaps Lex going on a bit of a rant about the new playboy billionaire on the block.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

what would be worse than seeing batman or bruce is that clark is scared of bats!!!!lol
                    sigpic

Comment

considering the fact that bruce and clark aren't meant to be far off the same age then really bruce shouldn't be batman yet anyway.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

No, seriously it's Copyright issues. They can't get the legal rights to use Bruce/Batman on Smallville.

They want to but there's nothing they can do about it.

DC owns the Comics and multimedia rights for MOST things, Batman/Bruce the characters belong to the families of Bob Kane and Bill Finger.

Comment

While I would love to see Bruce Wayne pop up in Smallville, I'd be willing to settle for them just mentioning him a few times. At least that would be something.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Using "Batman Begins" as the go-to source, I'd say that during Smallville's season 6, Bruce is probably sitting in Rachael's car in front of Carmine Falcone's dive and about to be slapped sensless.

What would draw Bruce to Smallville? During Smallville's season six (using my postulation), Bruce is in terrible shape mentally. He wants justice. He wants to do good. But he's too full of guilt, anger and revenge to even begin to think about becoming a crime fighter. Bruce has only began fighting his demons, no pun intended. (Ra's al Ghul = the Demon's Head.)

If Bruce did come to Smallville, Clark really, really wouldn't like Bruce at the point Bruce would be at in that stage of his life. Bruce wouldn't in charge of Wayne Industries so he wouldn't be the socialite playboy he later becomes. He'd just be the gruff, smart-ass self destructive a-hole he later learns to grow out of.

So what would THAT Bruce Wayne be doing in Smallville?

Once he becomes Batman, Clark - being the greatest superhero of them all - would surely come onto Bruce's radar. That would help foster those two meeting. And when Bruce finally takes control of Wayne Industries again and becomes the billionaire Playboy, I would imagine that Lex's obsessive curiosity over Clark would put Clark on his radar again as well.

So what would a billionaire punk be doing in smallville?
                            Last edited by markaudette; 11 June 2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post

So what would a billionaire punk be doing in smallville?
                              Could be in metropolis like queen was?
                              Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Working...
                              X