Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Webisode Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary Webisode Discussion (Spoilers)

I wasnt sure where to start this so I picked here. I thought we needed a place to discuss each webisode. I havent seen it yet the damn thing won't work after 14 minutes. Word of advice don't download the Quicktime version. It took forever and it doesnt work right. From what I've seen so far it's very good. I have only a few rules here.
    1. All discussion is welcome negative or positive.
    2. Don't bash each other or actors
    3. Use spoilers
    4. Have fun.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

It was much better than I expected. I should have known that it would be really good because of the actors, and Martin Wood and Damian Kindler, but I worried that the story would not interest me. So I was pleasantly surprised to find an intriguing storyline so far.

I now want to know so much more about Helen, Jack, Will, and Helen's daughter for starters. i want to know who the boy is. I loved going back in time and then jumping to the present with Helen. I thought the acting was really good -- the writing was strong, and the effects were really good so far.

There is so much potential to this show. I honestly didn't expect to be this excited for the rest of the webisodes.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      It was much better than I expected. I should have known that it would be really good because of the actors, and Martin Wood and Damian Kindler, but I worried that the story would not interest me. So I was pleasantly surprised to find an intriguing storyline so far.

I now want to know so much more about Helen, Jack, Will, and Helen's daughter for starters. i want to know who the boy is. I loved going back in time and then jumping to the present with Helen. I thought the acting was really good -- the writing was strong, and the effects were really good so far.

There is so much potential to this show. I honestly didn't expect to be this excited for the rest of the webisodes.
      Same here. I just finished watching it and I must admit I too am pleasantly surprised. It was very good and I can't wait to see more. Funny though how David plays a psychotic extremely well isnt it?

Comment

I really enjoed the first webisode. I still am having sound/ picture lack of sync issues with the QT version... I have lots of free harddrive/ RAM, any suggestions? (I am not a computer genius - just get by).

I liked the webisode despite the fact we had seen several scenes in promo material.

The image quality is astounding to me, the various shots Martin Wood selected, the camera work, the acting, the writing. I loved all of it.

I think the second webisode will have even more meat to it - more fleshing out of the characters and stories! Can't wait. I hope this takes off, I'll feel totally cheated if they have to stop production after the 8th webisode!!

What is the power Druitt has that is driving him mad? The travelling power? What did everyone think?
        Last edited by tagger; 24 May 2007, 08:39 AM.
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

I liked the first peek into Victorian Helen and just loved the "Let her go" from Helen, every word punched home with compassion,threat and what we have to look foreward to what Helen is all about!
          I really think this will take off for the simple reason of the story and it's characters, you can have all the special efects in the world but if the story does not grab you then imho you drift away and this show right from the start has both, add that to being the first of it's kind in how us the viewer get's to see it, well, history in the making comes to mind!
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            I really enjoed the first webisode as well. I still am having sound/ picture lack of sync issues with the QT version... I have lots of free harddrive/ RAM, any suggestions? (I am not a computer genius - just get by).

Anyway, I liked the webisode as well, even given the fact we had seen several scenes in promo material.

The image quality is astounding to me, the various shots Martin Wood selected, the camera work, the acting, the writing. I loved all of it.

I think the second webisode will have even more meat to it - more fleshing out of the characters and stories! Can't wait. I hope this takes off, I'll feel totally cheated if they have to stop production after the 8th webisode!!

What is the power Druitt has that is driving him mad? The travelling power? What did everyone think?
            I thought it was great too. As to the QT version it seems very glitchy. What I ended up doing is downloading the Windows Media version then you have to unzip the file. Easiest way to do that is right click on the folder and there should be an option to do that. It takes a few minutes but when it's done you should have no trouble running it through Windows Media. If you have more questions PM me.

Comment

I really want to watch this, but don't want to use the QT version as it doesn't sound too great, but I don't want Windows Media because I use Linux mostly. Are there any more formats it's available in, or is that it? I will be really put off if that's it, even though it sounds really great.
              sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40175

Comment

First of all, what is the point of posting a link without mentioning where it is linking us to?

Secondly, since I was nosey and clicked the link, I found it took me to the Sanctuary discussion thread. This thread I'm posting in now is specifically to discuss the actual webisodes whereas, whilst still having posts about the webisodes, the Sanctuary discussion thread also has many posts about the technical aspects to downloading, computers in general, programs, the Sanctuary website etc. therefore I think it's probably a good idea to have a separate thread purely for the episode discussion. If the Mods think this thread is redundant, then they'll close/combine the thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first webisode, and found myself wanting to know more about all the characters. After repeated viewings, I have noticed more of the backgrounds and am very impressed by them. I also like the sound: not only the music (which I love), but little things like hearing Helen, off-screen, telling Jack to stop. The way my speakers are set up, I can hear Helen off to my left, and then, once she's in front of me on-screen, she sounds in front of me. (That was a bit garbled, but I hope you get the idea )
                  I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    First of all, what is the point of posting a link without mentioning where it is linking us to?

Secondly, since I was nosey and clicked the link, I found it took me to the Sanctuary discussion thread. This thread I'm posting in now is specifically to discuss the actual webisodes whereas, whilst still having posts about the webisodes, the Sanctuary discussion thread also has many posts about the technical aspects to downloading, computers in general, programs, the Sanctuary website etc. therefore I think it's probably a good idea to have a separate thread purely for the episode discussion. If the Mods think this thread is redundant, then they'll close/combine the thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first webisode, and found myself wanting to know more about all the characters. After repeated viewings, I have noticed more of the backgrounds and am very impressed by them. I also like the sound: not only the music (which I love), but little things like hearing Helen, off-screen, telling Jack to stop. The way my speakers are set up, I can hear Helen off to my left, and then, once she's in front of me on-screen, she sounds in front of me. (That was a bit garbled, but I hope you get the idea )
                    I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.
                    That was my thought too which is why I created this thread, also I agree it is very entertaining so far and it really makes me want to see more. It took a bit getting used to AT with a british accent but she pulls it off nicely.

Comment

OK...

Watch the website version.

1. I'm guessing that Helen's daughter is meant to be the blonde girl that turns up in both 1888 and the 21st century.

The first ep really does leave you with more questions than answers like:

2. What exactly is posessing the kid?

3. Who exactly is Helen and how did she get caught up in this?

Overall, interesting start up, I just want to know when ep 2 will be available!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                        OK...

Watch the website version.

1. I'm guessing that Helen's daughter is meant to be the blonde girl that turns up in both 1888 and the 21st century.

The first ep really does leave you with more questions than answers like:

2. What exactly is posessing the kid?

3. Who exactly is Helen and how did she get caught up in this?

Overall, interesting start up, I just want to know when ep 2 will be available!
                        I think the next episode is available on May 28th. Not long to wait now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          I think the next episode is available on May 28th. Not long to wait now.
                          Not too long at all. Can't wait, I do suggest if your computer can handle it to download the HD version. It's a big difference in quality.

Comment

Okay, I just got to view the HD version tonight and I must, must bring the following observations up (now that I could really see clearly) ...

Spoiler:

1. Did anyone think that the prostitute in the very beginning is the same actress who played the abducted soldier in COTG?

2. Someone is asking "what possesses the boy?" Well, I saw a black snake coiling at the top left of frame (under the bed) as the cop is reaching in to get the kid and then ...

3. Shades of Apophis and Hathor! Is that a wriggling full grown snakehead in the very next frame on the right of the kid when he stands up in back of the bed?!

4. And David Hewlett is quite good as a psycho but for a while there I thought I was watching Robin Williams! Resemblance?

I really loved Webisode I and can't wait to see how this starts to play itself out ... and I'm not even a fan of monsters. Amanda and Damian may make a believer of me yet!
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 23 May 2007, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                              Okay, I just got to view the HD version tonight and I must, must bring the following observations up (now that I could really see clearly) ...

Spoiler:

1. Did anyone think that the prostitute in the very beginning is the same actress who played the abducted soldier in COTG?

2. Someone is asking "what possesses the boy?" Well, I saw a black snake coiling at the top left of frame (under the bed) as the cop is reaching in to get the kid and then ...

3. Shades of Apophis and Hathor! Is that a wriggling full grown snakehead in the very next frame on the right of the kid when he stands up in back of the bed?!

4. And David Hewlett is quite good as a psycho but for a while there I thought I was watching Robin Williams! Resemblance?

I really loved Webisode I and can't wait to see how this starts to play itself out ... and I'm not even a fan of monsters. Amanda and Damian may make a believer of me yet!
                              Not sure about the blonde but their are many SG crossovers. Major Lorne, the dr that hiccups alot, and Mckay are a few. It is a great start and I can't wait for part 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X