Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am bored so decided to do some 3d stuff for Horizon (Not offical art)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am bored so decided to do some 3d stuff for Horizon (Not offical art)

Well as the tile say it really, this my thread for some of the 3d models I am gonna create well until I get bored of them. These two pieces are based on two pieces of concept art that had been posted around here.

Both of these are in the very early stages.

The first one is of the Draque vessel concept shown here at gateworld

Draqueship.jpg

This is the Bellermorphon (do not think that how you spell) again in the early stage of development, I must admit I do not like the shape of the craft, so either it will be change completly or modified.

Belleraphon1.jpg

The next model I will probably start on is Valiant. This will be my original design and most likely not based on any concept art here.

Then eventually the Horizon station, through for some reason I keep think it like the federation space stations so I got to come up with a concept that is not federation like and original.

If anyone got these concept art already on gateworld, or photobucket then please do as I only have them on my harddrive and not enough attachment space here to post them.

Will do some bigger pictures of the vessel later, in the up dates I will post.

Well here a lot more work done on the Draque Vessel.

C&C is welcome, not to sure where to put the weapons, suggestions please
    Attached Files
    Last edited by knowles2; 24 May 2007, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Those look pretty good. I like especially the basic design for the Draque Marauder.

If you ever want to come on board and work on official designs for the series, just let me know.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Wow Knowles! That's quite an opportunity right there!

Congrats on being AWESOME. Lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Well her a up date. I stuck some engines on the Draque Marouder. And decided where I might put the weapons, they the indented bits. Added a bit details to the engines.

Draque 6.jpg
          Draque 7.jpg
          Draque 8.jpg

I would like to people like the locations of the weapons. And if they have any suggestions on what the weapons should look like.

Also think about colour, scheme i thinking of going for dark blue/purple hull color, unless a color is stated in the script.

Tonight I am gonna start creating the dome for the horizon station as I know their needs to be a dome in the design.

Alex would love this to become official art for the series. So consider me sign up if you have me.

Comment

knowles maby embed the weapons in the side of the MArauder Akin to Galactica's side guns
            Originally posted by cowpants
            ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            Rosilin for pres

Comment

I have to take a look at some pictures of Galactica, I cannot rememeber exactly where their weapons are, but it could be a good place to put them.

Any more suggestions.

Comment

well here some pictures of the landing gears. Not to clean on them so they will be change radically in the future, but I just thought I ask people what they thought of them now.

Draque Landing gears.jpg
                Draque Landing gears1.jpg

gonnaa work on some weapons designs tomorrow.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...0&d=1181191446

their are updates to these on my harddrive but waiting for my new pc arrives then I will up load them

Comment

Yeah, some bug-like Draque ships. Don't forget the scale effect in some place of the hull! Nice job there knowles
                    sigpic
                    ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                    - That's a lie!!!
                    - Indeed it is...

Comment

Now only if you could show me show drawings of the aliens
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Does the draque ship look like a Jem'Hader fighter?
                        sigpic
                        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                          Does the draque ship look like a Jem'Hader fighter?
                          In a word: no.

Actually, there's a concept drawing of a Draque Marauder on the gallery page of our website.

I do think Jem'Hadar ships look pretty cool, though.
                          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Both "Bug Ships" in their own way. lol
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well I thought I come back to this again, good old boredom has set in again. No more done on the other models, still got them of my old hard drives have not transfered them over to knew hard drive yet. But I thought I start on the star of the show, the Horizon station.

The design is based on several concept pictures already started in 3d and the hand drawn designs which was made offical and my own imagination.

The biggest problem at the moment seem to be size portions getting them right, the dome (a placement sphere for now) which houses the stargate looks too big in caparisons to some other parts of the station which looks to small, it gonna be a painful trying to balance these out, but this is my first attempt at design some of it I like and other bits I am not to sure about, well that enough of me talking here a few pictures I uploaded, comments.suggestions welcome.

Last edited by knowles2; 07 November 2008, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X