X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D programs

just curious as to what programs you guys use

im a cinema 4d person myself, but theres lots on the market and wanna see if anyone uses C4D with me

I mainly use Maya and 3DMax
    Visit my Website

Comment

I've been using cinema 4d lately because its what we just learned in school. I've also been messing with Sketchup. Its limited but fun to add stuff to google earth. I also use AutoCAD and Inventor for blue printing. I'm also in the process of learnng Rhino and StudioTools....Its a lot of fun stuff..

-James-

Comment

NewTek Lightwave 3D. Almost exclusively. That's what Rainmaker uses for SG-1 and Atlantis as well .

Comment

i like blender 3d, i have no frame of reference, but it has okay fluid simulators, soft body stuff, and once you figure everything out it is really powerful. however i might try some of these other programs listed. also the most important part, it's FREE XDDD

Comment

Lightwave as well for me.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I use 3D Max.
              Had to learn it at Uni for making animations and i now love it.

Maybe one day I will make my own Stargate Ship like alot of you do on these forums
              (However designing ships on paper is not my strong point as they always end up looking like star destroyers)
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I use Sketchup for basic framework and do rendering, animations and other complex stuff with 3ds. It's a good combo of programs, altough you have to be careful with face headings..

Comment

I'd love to learn how to use LightWave and 3dS Max

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                    I'd love to learn how to use LightWave and 3dS Max
                    If your primary goal is animating movies or rendering pretty pictures, I'd go with Lightwave. There are hundreds of tutorials for any and all 3D programs online. You can become fairly proficient in a year, if you stick to one program, play around, and do some tutorials.

3D modeling and animation programs are a beautiful piece of technology in my opinion. Perhaps one of the top 10 things which will change the world this century. Complex mathematics behind the scene let you unleash your inner artist and create ANYTHING you can imagine. And given some time and genuine interest, anyone can get beautiful results. As time passes, more and more affordable products are coming out, making the technology accessible to everyone.
                    Last edited by Londo Molari; 24 May 2007, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I mainlyu used Maya.

But I player around and produced stuff in pov ray. Also done stuff with Sketch up. And played a little with poser.

Comment

I use 3DS Max and I still got to find the time to design my own ship in Max, but the problem is that it's kinda complex lol. (my ship..)

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                          I use 3DS Max and I still got to find the time to design my own ship in Max, but the problem is that it's kinda complex lol. (my ship..)
                          I have a question with 3DMAX infact two.
                          I have been using it for about two months now and am quite gd at building stuff and an starting to understand alot of the features and ligthing tricks (LOVE THE SKYLIGHT. makes everything look realistic but takes 4ever 2 render. lol)

Anyways my two questions are texture based. (btw I am using 6 as that was the 1rst versiuon i learnt at uni)

1. How do you get more than the 24 Texture windows in the map screen (with the 24 grey globes). I have done a piece inwhich i filled up all 24 and could have used another 2 or 3 for finnishing touches.

2. Another texture related problem i have and have yet to figure out is sometimes the texture dose not wrap around the object i want correcty. Its noramly fine however mostly on cylinders the textures goes strange and looks stretched and smooved (hard top desicide. but 3D max users may know what i mean) It also happens sometimes on Boxes on Extrudes and bevels.

I am sure these are just noob questions however they are a pain in my side. Also removing these texture problems would greatly help a ship i am plaining on building.

Thanks
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I'm sorry but I haven't been really into texturing yet, just the basic material editor stuff , for the rest I've only been modelling, and it'll probably take a while since I'm now learning special effects in the Battelfield editor.

Your best bet would probably to Google for a 3DS Max forum, or try the support section in www.firststrikemod.com/fsforums/

Comment

Working...
                            X