This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pets and such

think McKay should be allowed to have his cat in the city?

Do you think that Weir should consider allowing truly trusted allies to live in the city like the people that the found on the volcano planet or Teyla's kinsmen?

Absolutely not.

We don't need another unpredictable factor in the city that can accidentally cause a disaster by fiddling around with Ancient doohickies.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Absolutely not.

We don't need another unpredictable factor in the city that can accidentally cause a disaster by fiddling around with Ancient doohickies.
      Bloody hell thank you. And if Weir were to allow that...I'd ask for her resignation and picket JM's blog for her resignation. Not to mention the cat might die goig through the stargate for all we know. I don't need to see McKay crying--thank you very much!
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post

Do you think that Weir should consider allowing truly trusted allies to live in the city like the people that the found on the volcano planet or Teyla's kinsmen?
        Its possible to have a cat on Atlantis. Maybe being sort of military its not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post

Aren't the volcano people
          Spoiler:
          All dead?

Comment

As much as I would miss my cats if I had to leave them behind, I would rather leave them with a trusted friend than take them into harms way with me. Imagine trying to wrestle a frightened cat into a puddle jumper the next time Atlantis is evacuated.

As to allowing allies in the city, I think it would probably require too much energy and additional supplies. At least the Athosians on the mainland were
            self-sufficient for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Spoiler:
              All dead?
              Yes! I'm so mad about that! I loved that woman that worked with McKay with the Orion in "Inferno". She would have made an excellent reoccurring character. She really appreciated McKay and I enjoyed their interaction. Way better character than that Lucius guy, but they give him two dreadful episodes..

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                Yes! I'm so mad about that! I loved that woman that worked with McKay with the Orion in "Inferno". She would have made an excellent reoccurring character. She really appreciated McKay and I enjoyed their interaction. Way better character than that Lucius guy, but they give him two dreadful episodes..
                You're talking about Noreena?! That twit. I was so disappointed in that character it was sad. I thought she was going to be intelligent, she didn't understand a thing McKay was saying. I was very upset with her. She was nothing like Allina, who I thought was great. She worked well with Rodney and understood everything he was saying. Not to mention she respected and was totally in love with him...of course that was until he totally mislead her and she got upset. But I always wanted her to come back and hook up with McKay.

Allina was just wicked...I'm not into this boring Katie Brown. Well for McKay it was alway Allina or Cadman, and scientifically both those women were fairly adept and would compliment McKay very well. I would have loved to see them interact with McKay more. Now I have to ask JM about bringing Cadman back...at least in S5. Hoepfully he'll be cool with it....

Oops I joined in the OT strand. Back to teh pet thing, what if the stargate does funny things to the cats brains or something or the cells in their body? You've never seen animals go through the gate, just people. What if people and animals did go through the gate and they got all wonky and McKay came out with a tail and the cat had his head? Poor Zelenka would have a field day.

Comment

Definitely no pets because they could end up being used in some experiment or other. "Sorry, Rodney. We've run out of mice and Wraith so your cat is the only option."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    All dead?
                    Spoiler:
                    I just finished watching the episode, from what I understood there world was destroyed, but they managed to relocate a large number of the population to another planet. Where was it said that there dead

Pets shouldn't be allowed, there is no knowing what they will run in to. Watch the cat accidentally activate some ancient device.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      Not to mention the cat might die goig through the stargate for all we know.
                      The cat wouldn't die. It's a life form like all the others that travel through the gate and it doesn't distinguish between them. After all they took mice through and they where ok weren't they?

Maybe they should take animals and let them loose on the mainland. It would be a good way to preserve some of the endangered Earth species!
                      sigpic

Comment

Back to teh pet thing, what if the stargate does funny things to the cats brains or something or the cells in their body? You've never seen animals go through the gate, just people. What if people and animals did go through the gate and they got all wonky and McKay came out with a tail and the cat had his head? Poor Zelenka would have a field day.
                        Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                        The cat wouldn't die. It's a life form like all the others that travel through the gate and it doesn't distinguish between them. After all they took mice through and they where ok weren't they?

Maybe they should take animals and let them loose on the mainland. It would be a good way to preserve some of the endangered Earth species!
                        ^What she said. Carson had his experimental mice in the lab back in Hide & Seek so, though we never actually *saw* it happen, animals have travelled through the Stargate with no ill effects. And really, what reason is there to think the Stargate would react differently to animals than it would to humans? We're all just animals to the Stargate - I don't think it tests IQ on the way through.

My main concern in taking animals through the Stargate would be the issue of compromising eco-systems. I guess if you took a cat to Atlantis it would be pretty much contained in the city so that wouldn't really be a problem... (though the above-mentioned issues of e.g. the cat wandering off/accidentally activating dangerous machinery etc would be a definite worry) but if it were ever to get to the mainland it could be a major problem. Introducing a non-native species into an eco-system can have devastating consequences... there have been numerous examples of it just here on Earth, let alone on an inter-planetary scale.

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I just finished watching the episode, from what I understood there world was destroyed, but they managed to relocate a large number of the population to another planet. Where was it said that there dead
                        Umm... take it you haven't seen all of Season 3 yet?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm really going by the tail thing and their body composition---you know four legs thing...than anything else. I figured it would make them all weird and stuff---since even humans feel weird the first time around. I thought they'd be all discombabulated (sp?).

Comment

You're talking about Noreena?! That twit. I was so disappointed in that character it was sad. I thought she was going to be intelligent, she didn't understand a thing McKay was saying. I was very upset with her. She was nothing like Allina, who I thought was great. She worked well with Rodney and understood everything he was saying. Not to mention she respected and was totally in love with him...of course that was until he totally mislead her and she got upset. But I always wanted her to come back and hook up with McKay.

Allina was just wicked...I'm not into this boring Katie Brown. Well for McKay it was alway Allina or Cadman, and scientifically both those women were fairly adept and would compliment McKay very well. I would have loved to see them interact with McKay more. Now I have to ask JM about bringing Cadman back...at least in S5. Hoepfully he'll be cool with it....

Oops I joined in the OT strand. Back to teh pet thing, what if the stargate does funny things to the cats brains or something or the cells in their body? You've never seen animals go through the gate, just people. What if people and animals did go through the gate and they got all wonky and McKay came out with a tail and the cat had his head? Poor Zelenka would have a field day.
                            We have already seen animal go through the gate. Don't know the episode but in season 8 Nishta comes with her people and brings horses through, O'Neill was like WTF!!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Schuey View Post
                              We have already seen animal go through the gate. Don't know the episode but in season 8 Nishta comes with her people and brings horses through, O'Neill was like WTF!!LOL
                              Dude... I don't know SG1 from Gargamel's smurf-hungry arse.

Comment

Working...
                              X