X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using The Gate To Clone Stuff.

I 48 HOURS THE WRITERS/CREATERS INTRODUCED TO PROSPECT OF A RISIDUAL
    GATE MEMORY FOR WHAT HAS ENTERD THE GATE AND COMES OUT AND THE FACT IT RE- SAVES A DIFFERENT THING FOR EACH TIME THE GATE IS USED.

I THEREFOR PROPOSE THEY COULD CLONE THINGS IF THEY COULD RE-ENGINER THE GATES MEMORY TO MAKE SOMETHING PASS THROUGH IT MORE THAN ONCE.

BUT I DONT THINK IT WOULD WORK ON ZPM'S BECAUSE OF THE SUBSPACE/MINI-UNIVERSE

sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Not possible as the gate rematerialize objects only from their original materials and then erase the patterns, even if the patterns were stored they would be useless as you would need materials which you cannot feed into the gate without giving them a pattern, even if you could do that, there would be no way to make the gate use random material for the reconstruction of an object.

Beaming tech is a better way to do this, the Stargate is useless for it.

You have no reason to use caps lock, it is annoying to read a post in pure caps, please stop it.

Comment

We've discussed this to death. OVer and over. For the love of god, new people, use the search function.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        We've discussed this to death. OVer and over. For the love of god, new people, use the search function.
        When have we in this forum become so jaded that we get mad at newcomers for not knowing something? I know its a big forum and many things have already been discussed, but the point of a forum is to discuss things you find interesting and if we can't do that because someone comes by and says we've discussed that topic, then whats the point of posting here at all?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
          When have we in this forum become so jaded that we get mad at newcomers for not knowing something? I know its a big forum and many things have already been discussed, but the point of a forum is to discuss things you find interesting and if we can't do that because someone comes by and says we've discussed that topic, then whats the point of posting here at all?
          I'm not so sure you would be such a champion of forum newbies of someone started a new Goa'uld vs Wraith thread...

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
            I'm not so sure you would be such a champion of forum newbies of someone started a new Goa'uld vs Wraith thread...
            Hey I think I made that when I was newb
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              Hey I think I made that when I was newb
              I am not a NEWB i just dont like posting things that never get read because on the previous thread on this topic there would be heaps of unread pages.....
              2 is better than 1

lmao
              sigpic
              i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

When have we in this forum become so jaded that we get mad at newcomers for not knowing something?
                We've alway been this Jaded...

And No, using the Gate to clone things wouldnt be easy, beaming technology we know can be modified to duplicate things, thats Cannon. But the gate works on different principles, and while it could be possible to use the gate to clone something, ie Sent a ZPM through the gate, disconnect the wormhole prematurely, copy the digital signiture in to the crystel then use beaming technology to rematerialise it, while using the 48hours solution that was used to get tealc back to retrieve the origional.
                This wouldnt be practical, imagine the amount of DHD's wed burn up. There are much easier ways to get things tha cloning by gate.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Exactly, like Hari Seldon once said of psychohistory "Its possible, but not practical." Except he was wrong, and we are right (about the practical part).

Comment

Alot of things are possible, but only great things are practical, you can think of the Possible but most of them are in reality impossible due to the logistics involved. There are few things that are truely impossible, but the practical reality of life is that most things, even in scifi will remain impossible. Cloning by Gate, it is possible, but using the gate to travel to other universes, then bringing back an AU Quantum mirror, using that to travel to other universes and getting all thier ZPM's while complicated is more practical than cloning by gate.
                    If hammond had kept the QM we could sit someone in front of it for decades dialing until one day the QM was discovered lying in a room full of ZPM's, its not impossible, or impractical either. if we got anothe Quantum mirror
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Actually, that 'standing infront of QM mirror/room full of zpms' IS impractical.

It far more practical to spend your time and energy looking for the ZPMs in our own universe.

Comment

Working...
                      X