This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Transporter Device..Possible Spoilers

In Hide and Seek we realize that the Transporter Device only works for people that have the ancient gene, correct? (remember the little boy being lost in the storage room, and the other boy in some random part of Atlantis) Now, how is it possible that Weir used the Transporter Device in The Storm if she didn't have the gene?

Did she have the gene inserted in her, like McKay did? Did they rig the transporter device to allow everyone? Because if she does have the gene, then she lied to the Genii people about not having it..right?

If anyone has answers..lemme know!

Thanks,
    Courtney
    ~Courtney

"I think it's rounding her out as a person, and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her for the future when she does eventually get together with O'Neill." -Amanda Tapping (in an article with Sci-Fi)

Originally posted by SierraGulfNiner1
    In Hide and Seek we realize that the Transporter Device only works for people that have the ancient gene, correct? (remember the little boy being lost in the storage room, and the other boy in some random part of Atlantis) Now, how is it possible that Weir used the Transporter Device in The Storm if she didn't have the gene?

Did she have the gene inserted in her, like McKay did? Did they rig the transporter device to allow everyone? Because if she does have the gene, then she lied to the Genii people about not having it..right?

If anyone has answers..lemme know!

Thanks,
    Courtney
    I think that we just started to pile things in there, and never got close enough to the panel to activate it.
    sigpic

Comment

omg you really didn't listen the seasons first's part of Atlantis ! WEIR SAID : Once activated, anything can use ancients device in Atlantis ...

In fact this device was already activated because it is one the most primary device on the city then, anybody can use it as anybody can open a gate or flush the toilet
      - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
      - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
      - The Nox

Comment

imagine if only those with the ancient gene could flush a toilet

Comment

No, anyone can use the transporters, the boy in "hide and seek" got himself transported by fiddling with the panel.

Comment

I f only people with the Ancient gene could flush the toilet the Atlantis team would have to assign a weekly duty of flushing the toilet.

"Do I have to do it this week I was the Toilet flusher two weeks ago, have McKay do it he hasn't done it yet"

Ha

Comment

Working...
            X