This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kolya (Possible Spoilers)

Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it too late attempting to fix it.
    Last edited by marty2006; 21 May 2007, 06:58 AM.

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it oo late attempting to fix it.
    We don't know if Kolya really died, he may have survived. Bringing back Kolya would be like bringing back Ford, so I have no problems with the idea, Kolya is a really great character, indestructible like Apophis.
    Last edited by Vespasianus; 21 May 2007, 01:54 AM. Reason: grammar
    sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Seems to me that
      Spoiler:
      Kolya died in Irresponsible.
      What's your evidence otherwise and what is this talk about him coming back?

Edit: Ignore me, I've just found the news item on the front page.
      Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 21 May 2007, 02:21 AM.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I was right.

Delka
        ~watch out for the white vans~

Comment

There's no reason to think for certain that Kolya is dead. He got shot once in the chest by a 9mm. Shappard may have allowed his mercinaries to have taken him away for treatment. Granted it's unlikely but I've seen characters in other shows miraculously survive without a really good explanation and it's just one of those things that happen in TV land and I frankly don't care because Kolya is such a great character that I'll be delighted to see return.

The article says Davi said he'd be shooting Atlantis is June which would obviously mean he's in Season 4. Hopefuly it all works out and we get a Genii episode in Season 4.
          'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Kolya is my all-time fave non-team character and Davi just oozes charisma, I would never say no to having him back.

BUT! TPTB can't keep killing characters off and reviving them. It's getting very tiresome. Reduces the impact of the original demise. Death where is thy sting etc? Leaving aside the fact that Kolya's was completely pointless and badly handled, and in one of the most stupid episodes ever.

There seems to be no way to keep a character dead in Stargate.
            Spoiler:
            Gives the Beckett fans some hope I suppose.
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
              We don't know if Kolya really died, he may have survived. Bringing back Kolya would be like bringing back Ford, so I have no problems with the idea, Kolya is a really great character, indestructible like Apophis.
              AHMEN BROTHER
              sigpic
              i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                Kolya is my all-time fave non-team character and Davi just oozes charisma, I would never say no to having him back.

BUT! TPTB can't keep killing characters off and reviving them. It's getting very tiresome. Reduces the impact of the original demise. Death where is thy sting etc? Leaving aside the fact that Kolya's was completely pointless and badly handled, and in one of the most stupid episodes ever.

There seems to be no way to keep a character dead in Stargate.
                Spoiler:
                Gives the Beckett fans some hope I suppose.
                may i steer you're attention in the direction of apophis, anubis and the replicators?
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Although I must admit that their kill-then-revive some characters is getting rather borring , I would be very happy if they brought Koyla back. He was one of my fav bad-guys , + as Commander Ivanova already staded, Davi has charisma.
                  He made a great bad guy, he scared me more then the wraith. uf , it'll be great to have him back.
                  sigpic

Comment

I figured that he would be back.
                    Spoiler:
                    If you looked carefully, the shot was a little low for the heart.

Comment

Koyla was too cool to kill in "Irresponsible", they'll probably just ignore the episode and when Koyla returns...

Sheppard: Didn't I shoot you?
                      Koyla: Indeed you did Colonel Sheppard, unfortunately for you the wound wasn't fatal...
                      sigpic

Comment

Best news I’ve heard in ages , I sure hope they do bring him back. And like they say, no one never dies in Sci-Fi .
                        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Maybe Kolya has a Wraith friend or had an earlier Wraith gene therapy, so he can heal himself after time.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 21 May 2007, 05:48 AM.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think this is great news. Kolya provided a strong, complex 'bad guy' character to give the Atlantis team extra headaches. I also see him as adding balance to the show because -

1: Wraith are aliens who have to eat like everyone else.
                            2: Michael is an alien with an understandable grievance.
                            3: The Asurans are machines so are aliens in a way.
                            4: Kolya is a ruthless, power hungry human. He reminds us that our own species is far from perfect.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                              Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it oo late attempting to fix it.
                              Who?! What?! Where?! When?! How?! WTF?!

They're bringing back Kolya back?1 You have to give me the link to this little snippet of information. I need to see it with my own eyes. Some people seem to be certain he's coming back, other's are unsure, and other's already have specs on how he DIDN'T die, so someone has to give me the full info.

Where did you get the news?! Can I get a quote maybe a link!!
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                              X