PDA

View Full Version : Kolya (Possible Spoilers)

marty2006
May 21st, 2007, 01:14 AM
Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it too late attempting to fix it.

Vespasianus
May 21st, 2007, 01:53 AM
Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it oo late attempting to fix it.We don't know if Kolya really died, he may have survived. Bringing back Kolya would be like bringing back Ford, so I have no problems with the idea, Kolya is a really great character, indestructible like Apophis. :)

Commander Ivanova
May 21st, 2007, 02:00 AM
Seems to me that Kolya died in Irresponsible. What's your evidence otherwise and what is this talk about him coming back?

Edit: Ignore me, I've just found the news item on the front page.

Delka
May 21st, 2007, 02:40 AM
I was right. :)

Delka

BJX
May 21st, 2007, 03:05 AM
There's no reason to think for certain that Kolya is dead. He got shot once in the chest by a 9mm. Shappard may have allowed his mercinaries to have taken him away for treatment. Granted it's unlikely but I've seen characters in other shows miraculously survive without a really good explanation and it's just one of those things that happen in TV land and I frankly don't care because Kolya is such a great character that I'll be delighted to see return.

The article says Davi said he'd be shooting Atlantis is June which would obviously mean he's in Season 4. Hopefuly it all works out and we get a Genii episode in Season 4.

Commander Ivanova
May 21st, 2007, 03:12 AM
Kolya is my all-time fave non-team character and Davi just oozes charisma, I would never say no to having him back.

BUT! TPTB can't keep killing characters off and reviving them. It's getting very tiresome. Reduces the impact of the original demise. Death where is thy sting etc? Leaving aside the fact that Kolya's was completely pointless and badly handled, and in one of the most stupid episodes ever.

There seems to be no way to keep a character dead in Stargate. Gives the Beckett fans some hope I suppose.

Athosian Death facilitator
May 21st, 2007, 03:18 AM
We don't know if Kolya really died, he may have survived. Bringing back Kolya would be like bringing back Ford, so I have no problems with the idea, Kolya is a really great character, indestructible like Apophis. :)

AHMEN BROTHER

P-90_177
May 21st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Kolya is my all-time fave non-team character and Davi just oozes charisma, I would never say no to having him back.

BUT! TPTB can't keep killing characters off and reviving them. It's getting very tiresome. Reduces the impact of the original demise. Death where is thy sting etc? Leaving aside the fact that Kolya's was completely pointless and badly handled, and in one of the most stupid episodes ever.

There seems to be no way to keep a character dead in Stargate. Gives the Beckett fans some hope I suppose.

may i steer you're attention in the direction of apophis, anubis and the replicators?

ChelApophis
May 21st, 2007, 03:36 AM
Although I must admit that their kill-then-revive some characters is getting rather borring , I would be very happy if they brought Koyla back. He was one of my fav bad-guys , + as Commander Ivanova already staded, Davi has charisma.
He made a great bad guy, he scared me more then the wraith. uf , it'll be great to have him back.

greytop
May 21st, 2007, 03:41 AM
I figured that he would be back. If you looked carefully, the shot was a little low for the heart.

Steve_the_Wraith
May 21st, 2007, 04:42 AM
Koyla was too cool to kill in "Irresponsible", they'll probably just ignore the episode and when Koyla returns...

Sheppard: Didn't I shoot you?
Koyla: Indeed you did Colonel Sheppard, unfortunately for you the wound wasn't fatal...

Wormhole
May 21st, 2007, 04:54 AM
Best news I’ve heard in ages:cool: , I sure hope they do bring him back. And like they say, no one never dies in Sci-Fi:rolleyes: .

Platschu
May 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM
Maybe Kolya has a Wraith friend or had an earlier Wraith gene therapy, so he can heal himself after time. ;)

ciannwn
May 21st, 2007, 05:51 AM
I think this is great news. Kolya provided a strong, complex 'bad guy' character to give the Atlantis team extra headaches. I also see him as adding balance to the show because -

1: Wraith are aliens who have to eat like everyone else.
2: Michael is an alien with an understandable grievance.
3: The Asurans are machines so are aliens in a way.
4: Kolya is a ruthless, power hungry human. He reminds us that our own species is far from perfect.

vaberella
May 21st, 2007, 06:10 AM
Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it oo late attempting to fix it.

Who?! What?! Where?! When?! How?! WTF?!

They're bringing back Kolya back?1 You have to give me the link to this little snippet of information. I need to see it with my own eyes. Some people seem to be certain he's coming back, other's are unsure, and other's already have specs on how he DIDN'T die, so someone has to give me the full info.

Where did you get the news?! Can I get a quote maybe a link!!

scifi_lemon
May 21st, 2007, 06:16 AM
Who?! What?! Where?! When?! How?! WTF?!

They're bringing back Kolya back?1 You have to give me the link to this little snippet of information. I need to see it with my own eyes. Some people seem to be certain he's coming back, other's are unsure, and other's already have specs on how he DIDN'T die, so someone has to give me the full info.

Where did you get the news?! Can I get a quote maybe a link!!

Check the homepage of GW. It's at the top of the news. :P

vaberella
May 21st, 2007, 06:24 AM
Check the homepage of GW. It's at the top of the news. :P

Gadzooks...it's true! Oh my cookies!! Well, I don't know guys, I don't know how I'm going to handle this new info.

Well, I do love Kolya, so I'll suck it up. They should have brought Davi's back as John's dad on Earth...that would have been wicked!! Double faces all over the place.

VSHARMA
May 21st, 2007, 06:47 AM

Same. He reminds of Adama from BSG a little. I think he would have made a just as captian

marty2006
May 21st, 2007, 07:00 AM
I think hes a great character incase it came off sounding like i dont like him, its just the whole reviving thing thats annoying.

Wraith_Boy
May 21st, 2007, 07:55 AM
If this is true, it's fricking moronic of them & proves they don't have a clue about what they're doing.

Kolya & Beckett should never have been killed off in the 1st place! Then there would have been no need to see you were wrong, then stumble & bumble on the cock-ups that you made & try to rectify them.

If they had a problem, then should have simply cut Doc Beck's appearances back a few. While making Kolya the leader of the Genii. Meaning there would be no alliance & always trouble when they met.

The only way I can see this working is if it's him & Beckett that come back in the same episode as clones, asurans etc, or their whole 'ressurection' thing isn't true at all & it turns out to simply be a flashback episode involving both characters or something like that.

If he simply turns up one day, Shep stumbling for words & says I killed you. He laughs & says you should have finished the job then. It turns out that they didn't even bother checking that he was dead & simply let the mercs take their leader away only to discover he was still alive, I swear I'll smash the damn tv!

vaberella
May 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM
If this is true, it's fricking moronic of them & proves they don't have a clue about what they're doing.

Kolya & Beckett should never have been killed off in the 1st place! Then there would have been no need to see you were wrong, then stumble & bumble on the cock-ups that you made & try to rectify them.

If they had a problem, then should have simply cut Doc Beck's appearances back a few. While making Kolya the leader of the Genii. Meaning there would be no alliance & always trouble when they met.

The only way I can see this working is if it's him & Beckett that come back in the same episode as clones, asurans etc, or their whole 'ressurection' thing isn't true at all & it turns out to simply be a flashback episode involving both characters or something like that.

If he simply turns up one day, Shep stumbling for words & says I killed you. He laughs & says you should have finished the job then. It turns out that they didn't even bother checking that he was dead & simply let the mercs take their leader away only to discover he was still alive, I swear I'll smash the damn tv!

I like TPTB, but I have to say, I totally agree with Wraithboy. To many dead, but not dead people turning up---is a bit unnerving. Especially considering that there was no point in regards to Carson, and way too lame in regards to Kolya--who was a bloody great "human" villain. I'll wait and see, but I just don't think coming back from the dead is viable. I like it just as the final end.

Note to TPTB---You're not MARVEL!! And please don't try to be, I can't handle too many Jean Grey's and Scarlet Witch's providing the in you need to bring back JG...just leave them dead.

Greened you for this one Wraithboy.

ciannwn
May 21st, 2007, 08:26 AM

I rather hope that's the way it's done. It would indicate sloppiness and over confidence on the team's part. Being able to kill Wraith doesn't mean they can automatically assume a fellow human is dead just because they think he ought to be. "Sheppard shot him so he must have expired."

prion
May 21st, 2007, 08:32 AM

They'd definitely check to see if he was dead. If not, the sharks are a jumpin' ;)

I don't want to see clone (gah, aren't there enough ba'al clones for the entire sG franchise??). I'm hoping that this is all a nightmare sequence (not dream, as Kolya should be in a nightmare) or flashback. I can't see the team leaving in such a happy mood if Kolya was still alive, plus Beckett seemed to be the only doctor around and he wouldn't leave a patient - even an enemy - bleeding to death.

Kolya's dead and well, that's that. If not, the writers are damn sloppy.

Carter1994
May 21st, 2007, 08:43 AM
I can totally see Kolya surviving. He's been shot through the chest, and didn't they say he survived a explosion somewhere? :confused:

Anyway, I would be quite pleased if he returned. He's my favorite bad guy! But, for those of you who don't like people 'coming back from the dead', I imagine they could bring the actor back by saying Kolya has a twin brother... That would be so cool!! (Well, actually, it would probably make Sheppard nuts! :sheppard33: *giggles*) :)

prion
May 21st, 2007, 08:50 AM
I can totally see Kolya surviving. He's been shot through the chest, and didn't they say he survived a explosion somewhere? :confused:

Anyway, I would be quite pleased if he returned. He's my favorite bad guy! But, for those of you who don't like people 'coming back from the dead', I imagine they could bring the actor back by saying Kolya has a twin brother... That would be so cool!! (Well, actually, it would probably make Sheppard nuts! :sheppard33: *giggles*) :)

I don't recall him surviving an explosion, but he did survive the shoulder shot in Storm/Eye. Ack, ack, no twin brother! (shades of "Days of Our Lives"!) ;)

Commander Ivanova
May 21st, 2007, 09:04 AM
Frankly, I'm happy to see Kolya back, I'm just a bit p'd at TPTB for reviving a supposedly dead character. AGAIN. It's getting old already.

Bets now being taken on the form of his return.
Not dead at all, brought back from dead, time travel, AU, alternate dimension, twin brother, dream, flashback (my personal fave) etc...

Carter1994
May 21st, 2007, 09:04 AM
I don't recall him surviving an explosion, but he did survive the shoulder shot in Storm/Eye. Ack, ack, no twin brother! (shades of "Days of Our Lives"!) ;)

Sorry, never seen "Days of Our Lives". But I still think the whole twin brother thing would be neat. :cool:

vaberella
May 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM
Do you guys think this whole Kolya coming back is based on the plot/script that JF pitched to JM a while back?! JM said it was great, and maybe could have worked in S4, but they were pushing it to S5 instead?! <---confirmation of an S5, anyone?!

Sorry, never seen "Days of Our Lives". But I still think the whole twin brother thing would be neat. :cool:

Technically it's more of a One Life To Live plot line. They have used it about 5-6 times in the past 5 years. Actually just recently a new bro is coming into OLtL. Days is known for it's supernatural or epic storylines that kill off a butt load of people. During those times about 5-7 characters get eliminated. Marlena and the John Black characters are the only ones set in stone for life.

Suzotchka
May 21st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Kolya will return in a soft reset. The whole episode will never have happened! LOL :P

The Suicidal Goldfish
May 21st, 2007, 09:44 AM
Well, nobody griped about the ever living Apophis....

Kolya is dead. Long live Kolya!

mcbarr
May 21st, 2007, 10:15 AM
I'd like to see Kolya back, but there's no way he could still be alive (short of a soft reset, as Suzotchka suggested) after what happened in Irresponsible. If the writers bring Kolya back, Atlantis will lose credibility just as SG-1 lost credibility with Apophis and (let's not forget) Daniel.

Missster.Freeman
May 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, nobody griped about the ever living Apophis....

Kolya is dead. Long live Kolya!Yeah, but don't forget, Apophis had the Acme™ deluxe "deus ex sarcophagus" to keep him healthy and disease free.

Was it actually confirmed that Koyla is ___? He could have been just critically injured. Unless it was a "BOOM! Headshot!" by Sheppard.

While Robert Davi is sure he is appearing in season four, the producers are saying that it "might" be a possibility. It seems to me like it's a case of we'll Kolya back. But only if we need ya.

Ruined_puzzle
May 21st, 2007, 12:14 PM
I'd like to see Kolya back, but there's no way he could still be alive (short of a soft reset, as Suzotchka suggested) after what happened in Irresponsible. If the writers bring Kolya back, Atlantis will lose credibility just as SG-1 lost credibility with Apophis and (let's not forget) Daniel.

Atlantis stopped making sense a long time ago. So really I'm all for Koyla returning. I would watch that episode, along with the Elizabeth ones.

Redhooks
May 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM

The explosion you are refering to was probably in "The Brotherhood" when Shep and Ford set off the flash-bang grenades. The grenades are not meant to kill, just disable a person for a short time due to intense light and sound, hence flash-bang. :)

I think the best idea is the twin brother angle that you mentioned. In another thread someone named him Toyla!! :)

Mitchell82
May 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
First I have to say YIPPEE 6000 posts! I have no life.:cameron: As to Koyla we don't know he died. He was shot in the chest but there was no blood, also it wasnt squarely in the chest so he could have survived or had on body armor.

Carter1994
May 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM
The explosion you are refering to was probably in "The Brotherhood" when Shep and Ford set off the flash-bang grenades. The grenades are not meant to kill, just disable a person for a short time due to intense light and sound, hence flash-bang. :)

Nah. I know what flashbangs are. My dad and brother mentioned the surviving an explosion thing. In a building, I think. I'll ask 'em. :rolleyes: (Smilie not sarcastic)

I think the best idea is the twin brother angle that you mentioned. In another thread someone named him Toyla!! :)
Thanks! It just seems most fathomable to me. :)

Someone's calling him Tolya? Who, were, when and how? :eek:

P.S. Congratulations on 6,000, Mitchell82! ;)

Redhooks
May 21st, 2007, 03:42 PM
First I have to say YIPPEE 6000 posts! I have no life.:cameron: As to Koyla we don't know he died. He was shot in the chest but there was no blood, also it wasnt squarely in the chest so he could have survived or had on body armor.

I would think that Beckett would have checked him out before they left that world. It wasn't like he went thru the Stargate like when Shep shot him before. If Beckett didn't check him out, then I really think that episode was a stinker for all time!!!

Thanks! It just seems most fathomable to me. :)

Someone's calling him Tolya? Who, were, when and how? :eek:

P.S. Congratulations on 6,000, Mitchell82! ;)

Ditto on 6000 Mitchell82!!!

See the
Shep Whumping thread in Characters and Relationships. Honestly, if anyone asks, I saw it somewhere else. :o

prion
May 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM

Normally, when you're shot and are alive, you tend to bleed. If you're shot and die instantly, you may not necessarily bleed because nothing's pumping through your veins.

Anyway, in today's JM blog it was written:
Bebop writes: “Ae we looking at the return of Kolya later in this season or next?”
Answer: Probably not this season.

So, maybe this question is now moot...

ToasterOnFire
May 21st, 2007, 05:37 PM
Okay, I think Koyla is a great character (but think the whole Shep/Koyla feud is sorta meh) and I thought it was incredibly stupid how he was killed. Cliched and done in one of the worst episodes in s3, if not the entire series so far. Dumb.

BUT, if they bring back Koyla like he wasn't really killed in Irresponsible I'm going to cry big FOUL. What, Shep and co. don't check to see that he's really dead? They just leave him on the planet for his team or something magical to nurse him back to health? The guy who killed Atlantis members, tried to take over the city, and constantly threatened the team in the past? I know Shep and the others have done some really, REALLY dumb things in the past, but this would be the final straw.

I would be somewhat more forgiving if he comes back in a different way, like a clone or AU or something. Still, if TPTB are going to kill all these important people it's better if they keep those characters dead. Otherwise it looks like they can't hold firm to a decision.

Willow'sCat
May 21st, 2007, 05:49 PM
Well I am for once not going to get upset over a vague reference from Joe M and quite frankly second hand comments from someone Darren only refers to as an Atlantis fan... Darren why is this fan any more credible then others? :cool: Did I miss something? Is there any other info to back this up? :S

Anyway, it could be flashbacks it could be Sheppard having nightmares... who knows, and if they are shooting in June it will probably be a season ender or very close to it so we may not even see it... :P *cough*

But I do think if I was Sheppard I wouldn't be so fraking STUPID to just accept he was dead and leave the planet... no I would have gotten Beckett to do some bloody tests on him there and then you know to make sure he was actually DEAD! :rolleyes: Hell, I would have dragged his sorry ass to the PJ and shipped him back to Atlanits! How stupid are these characters? [/rhetorical question]

garhkal
May 21st, 2007, 06:34 PM
There's no reason to think for certain that Kolya is dead. He got shot once in the chest by a 9mm. Shappard may have allowed his mercinaries to have taken him away for treatment. Granted it's unlikely but I've seen characters in other shows miraculously survive without a really good explanation and it's just one of those things that happen in TV land and I frankly don't care because Kolya is such a great character that I'll be delighted to see return..

Well remember, we saw him shot and fall, not being checked for a pulse. Also he had a 'thicker' chest than usual. So that imo could easily be taken as he was wearing a Bullet Proof Vest.

Darren
May 21st, 2007, 07:01 PM
Well I am for once not going to get upset over a vague reference from Joe M and quite frankly second hand comments from someone Darren only refers to as an Atlantis fan... Darren why is this fan any more credible then others? :cool: Did I miss something? Is there any other info to back this up? :S
We follow up on news tips to make sure they are credible, and Joe confirmed for us that this one is on the level.

In case people are misreading the whole of the news story, the current status is that there is a story in the works for Robert Davi's return, even going so far as to confirm the actor's availability to shoot -- but for reasons unknown, it has been "put on ice" and bumped back to a possible fifth season. That means it almost certainly won't happen this coming season, and (as we've seen with other stories that have been bumped) may not come to pass.

Willow'sCat
May 21st, 2007, 07:18 PM
We follow up on news tips to make sure they are credible, and Joe confirmed for us that this one is on the level.Thanks, for clarifying, maybe Joe M is still being so cagey 'cause it has been shelved for now.

Although, the piece reads like Davi will be filming in June.

The Suicidal Goldfish
May 22nd, 2007, 01:41 AM
Just a quick point of order, who's to say Beckett didn't check Kolya and it turned out he was alive, his troops took him back through the Stargate to whatever Rogue Genii outpost he'd been holed up in?

Mister Oragahn
May 22nd, 2007, 02:30 AM
Kolya is revived by:

- Alien tech.
- Super medecine.
- Wraith enzime (he becomes a sort of hybrid).
- Magical power.
- He never died. He was only injuried, and healed later on, or it was a clone/twin/robot/dream.

Sheppard having nightmares about Kolya? Please.
Not only this reeks of a Scorpius redux, but handled by lame writing, but why would Shep be even tormented? Maybe after Common Ground? oh, yes! Let's make Common Ground 2.0.

And you know, despite how pathetic this is, illogical, absurd, stupid and telling of how lowbrow certain aspects of the show are now, I actually wish we'll see more of Kolya.

But not the Irresponsible pale imitation.

That was NOT Kolya.

I want the real one. The one who made season 1 shine. The one who made Common Ground the best episode of Atlantis, imho.

See, by the word of many fans, it took four seasons for B & B to make Enterprise a good show. And in fact, many Trek characters were a thousand times better than many who were main figures in Atlantis.
Ah, that sounds like a bad note in fact. Nevermind, there's hope things can get better.

Heaven
May 22nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
he was shot right in the heart I don't see how he could ever survive that

Mister Oragahn
May 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
He does not have a heart.

marty2006
May 22nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
He does not have a heart.

Lol :)

Willow'sCat
May 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
he was shot right in the heart I don't see how he could ever survive thatHe's later revealed to be a TimeLord. He has two hearts. :eek: :p

Commander Ivanova
May 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
I actually wish we'll see more of Kolya.

But not the Irresponsible pale imitation.

That was NOT Kolya.

I want the real one. The one who made season 1 shine. The one who made Common Ground the best episode of Atlantis, imho.

AMEN, brother.

garhkal
May 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Normally, when you're shot and are alive, you tend to bleed. If you're shot and die instantly, you may not necessarily bleed because nothing's pumping through your veins.

That is a common misconception. Working with military docs and such you
can still bleed out when dead.. just not as fast.

Hobbes
May 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Dead characters should stay dead permanently. We don't want this turning into another Hercules/Xena thing, where characters can be repeatedly killed off.

Mitchell82
May 23rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well remember, we saw him shot and fall, not being checked for a pulse. Also he had a 'thicker' chest than usual. So that imo could easily be taken as he was wearing a Bullet Proof Vest.

Thats my thought as well. He wouldnt be stupid enough not to take precautions. I'm betting he had a flak jacket or something on. If he doesnt reapear this season we better get a fifth season just for a Koyla ep.

the fifth man
May 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
As long as his return was a plausible one, I'd love to see the return of Kolya. He was a great thorn in our side.

Carter1994
May 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
he was shot right in the heart I don't see how he could ever survive that

Well, when you have a heart of stone... *Smirks* :D

I still want to see a twin brother. :S

Twinchy
May 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Thats my thought as well. He wouldnt be stupid enough not to take precautions. I'm betting he had a flak jacket or something on.

That's what I think too. He wouldn't have come to the 'shoot-out' with just his good faith to keep him safe!

And then there's also the possibility (as someone else mentioned) that the Atlantis team did check on him and was well aware that Kolya didn't die.
I haven't see the ep yet (so please don't stake me if I'm mistaken here) but I suppose they didn't show what happened to Kolya after the show-down anyway. Thus he might even have ended up in the Atlantis brig (or a shiny Genii prison) after Carson found out he wasn't dead, nursed him back to health and they locked him away.

If he doesnt reapear this season we better get a fifth season just for a Koyla ep.

Amen to that!!!

Occulus
May 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
My own "return of Kolya" scenario: Genii doctors know how to bring Kolya back. Allow me to explain:

I've always wanted to see more references to actual science on television science fiction, such as biotech plotlines stemming from real techniques, or bleeding-edge physics research, for example.

Recently, an article titled To Treat the Dead (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18368186/site/newsweek) over at msnbc.com detailed a new technique for resuscitating patients who are today considered clinically dead.

Common emergency response dogma states that if a patient does not receive CPR within four to five minutes, and if the heart is not started shortly thereafter, the patient will likely not recover.

But what, precisely, has died? The heart cells aren't dying until several hours after the heart has stopped and the patient is 'dead'. They're still alive, but they're shut off due to lack of oxygen.

Per this fascinating article:

That dogma went unquestioned until researchers actually looked at oxygen-starved heart cells under a microscope. What they saw amazed them, according to Dr. Lance Becker, an authority on emergency medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. "After one hour," he says, "we couldn't see evidence the cells had died. We thought we'd done something wrong." In fact, cells cut off from their blood supply died only hours later.

But if the cells are still alive, why can't doctors revive someone who has been dead for an hour? Because once the cells have been without oxygen for more than five minutes, they die when their oxygen supply is resumed. It was that "astounding" discovery, Becker says, that led him to his post as the director of Penn's Center for Resuscitation Science, a newly created research institute operating on one of medicine's newest frontiers: treating the dead.

And from a bit further down:

Mitochondria control the process known as apoptosis, the programmed death of abnormal cells that is the body's primary defense against cancer. "It looks to us," says Becker, "as if the cellular surveillance mechanism cannot tell the difference between a cancer cell and a cell being reperfused with oxygen. Something throws the switch that makes the cell die."

I submit the Genii perfected an oxygen reperfusion inhibition technique (oh how very very unintentionally cute, the acronym is ORI) a couple decades before we ever figured out it was possible. Kolya's mercs take the body back with them- hey, Shep and Co. aren't heartless, even though Shep just shot a man to death- fix whatever problem caused Kolya to 'die' in the first place (hey, yank the faulty pump out and slap in an artificial heart if need be), use this technique to revive him safely and there he is, fit as a fiddle in Season 5.

Congratulations. May I present you with a legitimate and completely plausible method for bringing a recently "dead" character back to life, given they died in certain ways.

They could establish the Genii ORI technique in a previous episode, one in which a major, main character very clearly dies in a specific way and is brought back by a Genii doctor who tells the new Atlantis doctor (her name escapes me at the moment) how it's done. Shep can even make a comment along the lines of "So Kolya could still be alive?" to set up Kolya's return. Maybe they could kill off Shep for half an episode, and make it very clear that, yes indeed, he's dead. I do this for the Shep-whumpers. :)

As a side bonus, the Genii don't know about the Ori, yet would have a procedure they term "the ORI technique", which would of course make Shep & Co. have kittens until they figure out what it really means to the Genii. Joke's on them, I guess.

I don't think this would work for Beckett, though, because the corpse has to be warm and fresh for the technique to have a chance to work. His is warm and crispy.

I guess I just want to see the science on Sci-Fi's shows to be as true to actual science as possible, when possible. This is a serendipitous opportunity for the writers to do just that.

Finally, people, do go read that article. It seems our hospitals have been resuscitating people in exactly the wrong way all this time.

Mister Oragahn
May 28th, 2007, 07:06 AM
That's an interesting read.
However, what about the brain? It seems to take damage from the moment it lacks air supply within a few minutes, no?

I don't want to see a vegeable Kolya.

Heaven
May 28th, 2007, 09:32 AM
sounds even less feasible than exploding tumors

marty2006
May 28th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Lolol

aviv18391
May 28th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Returning ?? Not another beckett attempt is it, realising they've done somthing foolish and once it too late attempting to fix it.

Ohhh, He's like so dead right now so why wont you just give it a rest ?
He has been shot and blood came out of him, hes gone !

marty2006
May 28th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Ohhh, He's like so dead right now so why wont you just give it a rest ?
He has been shot and blood came out of him, hes gone !

Is that why hes returning in season 4 at some point or perhaps season 5?? However there is talk of his return so please get your facts right before you attempt to put others down.

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Is that why hes returning in season 4 at some point or perhaps season 5?? However there is talk of his return so please get your facts right before you attempt to put others down.

Indeed and aviv, don't come in here and trash talk when you obviously know nothing. They have stated that they want to bring him back if they can, it's even on the main pagehttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/05/will_robert_davi_return_to_istar.shtml. Also he didn't bleed, so please don't come in here trash talking with no knowledge of what you are talking about.

Occulus
May 29th, 2007, 10:14 AM
That's an interesting read.
However, what about the brain? It seems to take damage from the moment it lacks air supply within a few minutes, no?

I don't want to see a vegeable Kolya.

My impression from the article is that this is true for any cell, not just heart tissue, since cells share this self-termination mechanism. As the article said, this is the cell's primary defense against becoming cancerous.

ed.: Note that the cells- heart cells, anyway, I'm not sure how they would test this with brain tissue- don't seem to die until after they are newly flushed with oxygen.

Matt G
June 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I got various bits of Gate intel tonight from a Gater mate with a contact at Rainmaker.

I mentioned the "Kolya returns in Atlantis S4" story to him though and it was the first he'd heard of it and his mate gets to see casting sides! So either Kolya doesn't turn up till late on in the season or the story is a dud!

marty2006
June 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Yea it was late season 4 or perhaps season 5.

scifi_lemon
June 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yea it was late season 4 or perhaps season 5.

JM says he won't come back in S4 but there's a definite possiblity he'll return in S5. Whoo! lol

aviv18391
June 12th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Indeed and aviv, don't come in here and trash talk when you obviously know nothing. They have stated that they want to bring him back if they can, it's even on the main pagehttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/05/will_robert_davi_return_to_istar.shtml. Also he didn't bleed, so please don't come in here trash talking with no knowledge of what you are talking about.

hey, hey,hey...... wait a minute, i didnt say anything about anyone's opinion, i just said mine so dont tell me im speaking trash because in my point of view i know just as much as you do about SGA, ok ? and im sorry for not knowing about the fourth and fifth season spoilers, its not a top priority of mine.
thank you.

marty2006
June 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Well as mitchell said it was on the front page, and if you had actually read the first few posts you would have understood.

russ_sg1
June 14th, 2007, 03:05 PM
The best way I can think of to bring him back would be for him to explain next time they see him that he was wearing body armour so that the pistol shot didnt touch him, and then the ponytail Genii mercenary dude that knelt down next to him slipped him a tablet.

The tablet contains a drug perfected by the Genii that makes someone appear dead, with almost no heartbeat. The drug was made so that soldiers about to be taken by the wraith for feeding could play dead and thus avoid capture.

So he gets shot, and slipped the pill. Becket examines him and determines him dead, then the Genii dudes are allowed to take him offword for their own funeral ceremony, where he returns to plotting the downfall of the galaxy

I hope im right!

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 03:24 PM
hey, hey,hey...... wait a minute, i didnt say anything about anyone's opinion, i just said mine so dont tell me im speaking trash because in my point of view i know just as much as you do about SGA, ok ? and im sorry for not knowing about the fourth and fifth season spoilers, its not a top priority of mine.
thank you.

My point was that it was on the front page that he might return and you came in here stating that we should forget about him.

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 03:26 PM
The best way I can think of to bring him back would be for him to explain next time they see him that he was wearing body armour so that the pistol shot didnt touch him, and then the ponytail Genii mercenary dude that knelt down next to him slipped him a tablet.

The tablet contains a drug perfected by the Genii that makes someone appear dead, with almost no heartbeat. The drug was made so that soldiers about to be taken by the wraith for feeding could play dead and thus avoid capture.

So he gets shot, and slipped the pill. Becket examines him and determines him dead, then the Genii dudes are allowed to take him offword for their own funeral ceremony, where he returns to plotting the downfall of the galaxy

I hope im right!
I hope you're wrong about the pill as that has been done to death. I didnt see any blood so I am guessing he had body armor on as to him apearing dead he could slow his breathing to apear dead.

prion
June 14th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Kolya was left as dead in "Irresponsible." The thing is that when you're shot dead and you die immediately, you don't bleed out (which is a TV misnomer of great gouts of blood everywhere). If the bullet strike the right place, death is instantaneous. The heart stops pumping and nothing is pushing blood out of the wound.

However, I really don't care to see Kolya turn into the Stefano DiMara of Stargate. Stefano was a character on a soap opera who kept dying but kept coming back.

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Kolya was left as dead in "Irresponsible." The thing is that when you're shot dead and you die immediately, you don't bleed out (which is a TV misnomer of great gouts of blood everywhere). If the bullet strike the right place, death is instantaneous. The heart stops pumping and nothing is pushing blood out of the wound.

However, I really don't care to see Kolya turn into the Stefano DiMara of Stargate. Stefano was a character on a soap opera who kept dying but kept coming back.

True I've seen it in person so I know what you mean, but Koyla isnt stupid enough to let that happen. I'm betting he came prepared.

prion
June 14th, 2007, 03:54 PM
True I've seen it in person so I know what you mean, but Koyla isnt stupid enough to let that happen. I'm betting he came prepared.

Actually, how would Kolya even know Sheppard would shoot him? And not go for a head shot? And I'd be surprised if Shep's team DIDN'T check to make sure he was dead. Beckett certainly would.

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Actually, how would Kolya even know Sheppard would shoot him? And not go for a head shot? And I'd be surprised if Shep's team DIDN'T check to make sure he was dead. Beckett certainly would.

Because Koyla knows Shepard nad knows he wouldnt go for a quick shot. Also like I said there are ways to appear dead.

Cautious Explorer
June 14th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Because Koyla knows Shepard nad knows he wouldnt go for a quick shot. Also like I said there are ways to appear dead.

We know Sheppard, but I wouldn't have faulted him for taking a quick shot at Kolya. And if I were the one who had tried to feed him to a Wraith, I wouldn't be betting on him being overly concerned with fair play. That's a pretty big risk for Kolya to take.

Not to mention, let's imagine he has taken some kind of pill to fake his death. That puts him in a very vulnerable position. Does he trust his men that much? Didn't Ladon already betray him?

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 04:09 PM
We know Sheppard, but I wouldn't have faulted him for taking a quick shot at Kolya. And if I were the one who had tried to feed him to a Wraith, I wouldn't be betting on him being overly concerned with fair play. That's a pretty big risk for Kolya to take.

Not to mention, let's imagine he has taken some kind of pill to fake his death. That puts him in a very vulnerable position. Does he trust his men that much? Didn't Ladon already betray him?

All good points. Who knows how they could bring him back.

marty2006
June 14th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Thats like saying why do our police and soldiers etc wear bullet proof vests when people could just shoot them in the head.

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Thats like saying why do our police and soldiers etc wear bullet proof vests when people could just shoot them in the head.

Touche good point.

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Good point. I think that he was wearing body armor and went into hiding. He could be gatering supplies/more troops to fight Landon. Perhaps that's how he comes back in S5; assualting the other Genii with his own private army. It's a plot line that been done to death, but it might be interesting.

jenks
June 14th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I hope you're wrong about the pill as that has been done to death. I didnt see any blood so I am guessing he had body armor on as to him apearing dead he could slow his breathing to apear dead.

I did! ;)

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/313/irresponsible0696.jpg

prion
June 14th, 2007, 05:03 PM

Because most people who are fighting it out with cops/soldiers aim for the biggest part of the body, although lord knows, enough people get shot in the head in armed robberies, but on TV it's a censor/violence problem. Shoot people in shoulder, etc., eh, okay, but head shots are considered pretty violent so not used as much.

Good point. I think that he was wearing body armor and went into hiding. He could be gatering supplies/more troops to fight Landon. Perhaps that's how he comes back in S5; assualting the other Genii with his own private army. It's a plot line that been done to death, but it might be interesting.

Oy, then it would him such a coward (well, after he fled in "Common Ground," that was sorta obvious).

marty2006
June 14th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I did! ;)

Lol always there with the screencaps jenks :)

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I did! ;)

Well, you see, that can easily be explained...uh, you see, in order to make sure everyone thought that he was dead, Kolya also wore one of those fake-blood thingies so that if he got shot, 'blood would spill out and everyone would think that he was dead even though he wasn't.
Or maybe we were wrong. :P

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Well, you see, that can easily be explained...uh, you see, in order to make sure everyone thought that he was dead, Kolya also wore one of those fake-blood thingies so that if he got shot, 'blood would spill out and everyone would think that he was dead even though he wasn't.
Or maybe we were wrong. :P

Damn that theoryis blown. Ok here's one, he was barely alive when his team took him back for emergency surgery but one of the Genii found a way to get to the MW galaxy captured a Goa'uld and implanted it in Koyla! Now we have the ultimate badass!

Heaven
June 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM
maybe the wraith cloned him

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Is it Kolya or Koyla? It seemed to me his name was Kolya :P.

prion
June 15th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Is it Kolya or Koyla? It seemed to me his name was Kolya :P.

Kolya, like COAL - YA.

Yeah, there are so many typos in thread titles in GW these days it makes your head spin ;)

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Kolya, like COAL - YA.

Yeah, there are so many typos in thread titles in GW these days it makes your head spin ;)

relly i hadnt noficed :P

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Anyone care to edit the title? Now that we confirmed his name is spelled wrong :D.

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Anyone care to edit the title? Now that we confirmed his name is spelled wrong :D.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that only the person who started the thread can edit the title?

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 04:39 AM
That was a hint hint poke poke wink wink, snap , snap at one of the mods :D.

***You have such a Carson way of phrasing things :D.

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 04:54 AM

So I guess I phase things like a Scot when I'm up at 6AM because my stupid cats want for and I decide to check the GW forum?

Wehl. Tha's juhs behutihful. :P

marty2006
June 15th, 2007, 06:23 AM

Lol oops, is it possible for me to change it or can only a mod do it?

Heaven
June 15th, 2007, 06:42 AM

:lol: you make me miss him already

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Kolya, like COAL - YA.

One typo down, tons to go ;).

you make me miss him already

We all miss his snappy accent ;). Hope he comes back and haunts Atlantis with tons of fishing rods ;).

marty2006
June 15th, 2007, 08:27 AM
One typo down, tons to go ;).

We all miss his snappy accent ;). Hope he comes back and haunts Atlantis with tons of fishing rods ;).

Lol, thanks to whoever did it :D

prion
June 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Lol, thanks to whoever did it :D

I did it :) But it's easy to do. Use the "report' feature (designed to report bad behavior and simply ask for a correction) :) I figured better do it now before we blow a couple dozen posts on how to spell Kolya...

marty2006
June 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I did it :) But it's easy to do. Use the "report' feature (designed to report bad behavior and simply ask for a correction) :) I figured better do it now before we blow a couple dozen posts on how to spell Kolya...

Lol good move, greened :D

JDB
June 15th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Have we already ruled out alternate timelines/universes, because that seems the most likely way for him to come back to me, this is a scifi show afterall. I know it's been done to death on sci fi shows, but I still think these kinds of things can be fun if they are done well enough.

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 10:47 AM
^ I'm pretty sure JM said that it would be OUR Carson, not an AU one. I'm not sure about the time-travel one though.

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 05:49 PM
^ I'm pretty sure JM said that it would be OUR Carson, not an AU one. I'm not sure about the time-travel one though.

Are we talking about Carson or Koyla?:tealcanime49: As to carson he has ruled out AU and time travel, as to Koyla that is possible.

prion
June 16th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Have we already ruled out alternate timelines/universes, because that seems the most likely way for him to come back to me, this is a scifi show afterall. I know it's been done to death on sci fi shows, but I still think these kinds of things can be fun if they are done well enough.

Must admit, I think both time travel and alternate universes are a cheat. It's for correcting mistakes or giving fans something they desperately want (like ship) without inserting it in the main show permanently. I do think they get done to death, so if they're used, used once every three seasons, not every season. I'd really rather the characters just deal with the here and now; more fun.

cshawzye
June 16th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Kolya was a great villain and he definitely didn't get the end that his greatness deserved.

Though, instead of bring back our Kolya, I think tptb should switch it up a little. Perhaps Kolya does come back, as Kolya of the Undead. :P Sheppard's shot did kill him, but because of some strange error he got trapped in the world of the undead. So he comes back to haunt Atlantis and .... Yeah, I've got nothing. :p

But, Kolya was a great character. He was such a great wrench to throw into the team's plans.

scifi_lemon
June 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Are we talking about Carson or Koyla?:tealcanime49: As to carson he has ruled out AU and time travel, as to Koyla that is possible.

o.o Oh. Oops. I knew that. ^_^ Guess I just have Carson's return on the brain. But AU Kolya might work.

Integrabyte
June 17th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Kolya was an okay character but the writers made John like Arnie whenever they had an encounter. The whole wild west thing was boring and out of place. Come on, who does that in a SciFi show where you got Asgard beaming technology???? :mckay::mckay::mckay:

2ndgenerationalteran
June 17th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Kolya was a realistic character, strong but cowardly. But we certainly did kill him

Mitchell82
June 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Kolya was an okay character but the writers made John like Arnie whenever they had an encounter. The whole wild west thing was boring and out of place. Come on, who does that in a SciFi show where you got Asgard beaming technology???? :mckay::mckay::mckay:

I've never got why some say it's out of place. The whole standoff thing seemed quite believable for the characters.

Missster.Freeman
June 17th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I've never got why some say it's out of place. The whole standoff thing seemed quite believable for the characters.Well maybe Sheppard I could believe. I would, however, like to know where Kolya got his copy of a A Fistful of Dollars from. :beckettanime14:

The stand-off scene did make me groan at its cheesiness. What else can I say? I can only give my honest opinion of what I felt while I was watching that scene.

scifi_lemon
June 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Well maybe Sheppard I could believe. I would, however, like to know where Kolya got his copy of a A Fistful of Dollars from. :beckettanime14:

The stand-off scene did make me groan at its cheesiness. What else can I say? I can only give my honest opinion of what I felt while I was watching that scene.

I loved Kolya. He was a great character, but his death was...really, really bad to say the least. Such an awesome character deserved a better death IMHO. That's one of the reasons I want him to still be alive; it would mean he didn't end in such a stupid way.

Mitchell82
June 17th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I loved Kolya. He was a great character, but his death was...really, really bad to say the least. Such an awesome character deserved a better death IMHO. That's one of the reasons I want him to still be alive; it would mean he didn't end in such a stupid way.

I do think he does deserve a better end than that, but I still found it fitting and I actually liked that ep.

Commander Ivanova
June 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Well maybe Sheppard I could believe. I would, however, like to know where Kolya got his copy of a A Fistful of Dollars from. :beckettanime14:

Totally green-worthy but I've run out.

Integrabyte
June 18th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Finally someone who agrees with me regarding that scene ;). I think CLINT EASTWOOD smacked his head 50 times against the table when he saw how youtube style that thing was done.

scifi_lemon
June 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I do think he does deserve a better end than that, but I still found it fitting and I actually liked that ep.

I *loathed* that ep, but I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree :P

Finally someone who agrees with me regarding that scene ;). I think CLINT EASTWOOD smacked his head 50 times against the table when he saw how youtube style that thing was done.

:lol: That was green worthy! Nice.

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 06:19 AM
I *loathed* that ep, but I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree :P
We disagree?! *looks for signs that hell is freezing* I know I'm in the minority on that and I agree it is a weak ep but not that bad. Still I think Koyla should have a better end.

marty2006
June 19th, 2007, 07:09 AM
We disagree?! *looks for signs that hell is freezing* I know I'm in the minority on that and I agree it is a weak ep but not that bad. Still I think Koyla should have a better end.

Yea i agree, it was a poor episode for him to die in.

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Yea i agree, it was a poor episode for him to die in.

While I liked the ep the more I think about it Koyla needs a much better end than that, which is why I am praying he's not dead.

scifi_lemon
June 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM

LOL! I think that that's one of the main reasons I don't like that ep: Kolya's death. The highlight of that ep IMO, is when they're discussing their fave superheroes at the begininng. :P

JDB
June 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I thought it was an ok episode, not terrible but not great. Although it was deffinitely a really crappy way for Kolya to die, he deserved a bigger death.

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 03:35 PM
LOL! I think that that's one of the main reasons I don't like that ep: Kolya's death. The highlight of that ep IMO, is when they're discussing their fave superheroes at the begininng. :P

LOL I loved that part too, but Koyla's death wasnt as good as it could be.

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM
LOL I loved that part too, but Koyla's death wasnt as good as it could be.

ITA

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 07:49 PM
ITA

Yeah lets hope he is allive and next time he dies it is onboard a ship that is about to explode and he screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah lets hope he is allive and next time he dies it is onboard a ship that is about to explode and he screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OMG that's from Goonies, ain't it?! I <3 that movie!! It's the only flick where you can see Kolya sing. In Italian nonetheless. I always thought he looked like he belonged in the mafia. XD

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 08:37 PM
OMG that's from Goonies, ain't it?! I <3 that movie!! It's the only flick where you can see Kolya sing. In Italian nonetheless. I always thought he looked like he belonged in the mafia. XD

It is but what I had in my head was the Anubis scene in Lost City. Koyla deserves something like that.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
It is but what I had in my head was the Anubis scene in Lost City. Koyla deserves something like that.

Ooooh. Well, they both died the same way XD

But Kolya does deserve a demise like that. "Go out big" and all. ;)

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ooooh. Well, they both died the same way XD

But Kolya does deserve a demise like that. "Go out big" and all. ;)

Indeed, and thanks btw now I want to see Goonies again.;)

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM

You should. It's an awesome movie. ;)

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 08:50 PM
You should. It's an awesome movie. ;)

I know, just need to find it I only have it on VHS, and my vhs movies are somewhere in a big room filled with unpacked boxes from my move 2 years ago.:mckay:

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM
I know, just need to find it I only have it on VHS, and my vhs movies are somewhere in a big room filled with unpacked boxes from my move 2 years ago.:mckay:

Ugh, moving. *shudder* Good luck in your search ;)

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 08:53 PM
Ugh, moving. *shudder* Good luck in your search ;)

Yeah I might have better luck buying it on dvd from Amazon.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah I might have better luck buying it on dvd from Amazon.

:lol: DVD would probably be in better condition than a VHS that's been sitting in a box for two years anyways.

Integrabyte
June 22nd, 2007, 01:30 AM

Come on that was so bad. Anubis deserved better :P. Did not think that a bad guy like Anubis can say that when his ship got blown to pieces by drones. He should have said something along the lines: "Oh crap, back to the drawing board " :P. I mean he knew he was no match for the drones, yet he still shouted NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was so Shrek style, honestly! He shouted like an OGRE.

Kolya deserves better. Something interesting... McKay lands a cloaked puddle jumper on him. No need for words when a villain dies. Give him some respect :D. No need for him to say something. They never say something intelligent. They guy is a genius because he can do so much evil and before he dies, he says something so rank that you wanna kill yourself. That is such a cliché.

PG15
June 22nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
No...Anubis shouted like Darth Vader. :D

Missster.Freeman
June 22nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
No...Anubis shouted like Darth Vader. :DLike this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/bossnads/VaderNOOOOO.gif

Credit goes to Anubis69, for letting me borrow this pic. Although it is widely available on t'internet. :D

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Come on that was so bad. Anubis deserved better :P. Did not think that a bad guy like Anubis can say that when his ship got blown to pieces by drones. He should have said something along the lines: "Oh crap, back to the drawing board " :P. I mean he knew he was no match for the drones, yet he still shouted NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was so Shrek style, honestly! He shouted like an OGRE.

Kolya deserves better. Something interesting... McKay lands a cloaked puddle jumper on him. No need for words when a villain dies. Give him some respect :D. No need for him to say something. They never say something intelligent. They guy is a genius because he can do so much evil and before he dies, he says something so rank that you wanna kill yourself. That is such a cliché.

NO! Not another Wizard of Oz reference! Leave that in SG-1. Actually it is quite funny though, but I quite liked how Anubis died. i felt it was fitting.

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
NO! Not another Wizard of Oz reference! Leave that in SG-1. Actually it is quite funny though, but I quite liked how Anubis died. i felt it was fitting.

Seriously, what IS it with all the Wizard of Oz references?? All throughout SG-1, it was "We're not in Kansas" this and "Off to see the Wizard" that. Jeez, you'd think that the writers can't think of anything else witty to say so they use. The. Same. Material. It's not funny the hundreth time around!

[/random rant]

I think that saying "NOOOOOOO!!!!" is a lot better than "I cannot die! I am invincible!" or something equally cleche. Count your blessings people ;)

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Seriously, what IS it with all the Wizard of Oz references?? All throughout SG-1, it was "We're not in Kansas" this and "Off to see the Wizard" that. Jeez, you'd think that the writers can't think of anything else witty to say so they use. The. Same. Material. It's not funny the hundreth time around!

[/random rant]

I think that saying "NOOOOOOO!!!!" is a lot better than "I cannot die! I am invincible!" or something equally cleche. Count your blessings people ;)

Exactly.

Integrabyte
June 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM

[/random rant]

Can you blame them for using and abusing a classic? :cameron:

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM

Good point.

garhkal
June 22nd, 2007, 08:59 PM

Its a pity they never made a sequal that i know of..

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM

Yes. Yes I can. ;)

Mitchell82
June 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Its a pity they never made a sequal that i know of..

I know a sequal would have been great.

JDB
June 24th, 2007, 01:59 PM
If Kolya were to come back and die, it would have to be in some huge battle or something equally as dramatic IMO. Something like he takes on the whole team, only to finally be killed by Shepard.

ricc
June 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I think they should bring him back as some sort of ally, not sure how, maybe the team are caught by the wraith and just before they are fed on, he show's up and saves the day for some reason of his own

He is too good a character to loose

scifi_lemon
June 24th, 2007, 02:54 PM
If Kolya were to come back and die, it would have to be in some huge battle or something equally as dramatic IMO. Something like he takes on the whole team, only to finally be killed by Shepard.

I want something like the final duel at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Kolya and Shep, duking it out with nothing more than their bare hands/whatever they can find.

Now THAT would be a cool end to a cool character, as cliche as that is ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I want something like the final duel at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Kolya and Shep, duking it out with nothing more than their bare hands/whatever they can find.

Now THAT would be a cool end to a cool character, as cliche as that is ;)

No not bare hands lightsabers! Must have lightsabers!;):mckayanime17:

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
No not bare hands lightsabers! Must have lightsabers!;):mckayanime17:

:lol: And they should battle on the volcano planet ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 11:58 AM
:lol: And they should battle on the volcano planet ;)

Indeed it would be perfect.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Indeed it would be perfect.

ITA. *pictures it in her head*

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Here mabey this would help.
Koyla: Join me John, the dark side beckons!
Shep: NEVER!
Massive battle ensues *cue dramatic music*
Koyla: Join me John, you will have power beyond your imagination!
Shep: I will NEVER JOIN YOU!
Koyla: JOHN! I AM YOUR FATHER!
Shep: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll never.....join YOU!
Koyla: So be it!
Massive battle ensues again with the two dramatically battling untill shep jumos to high ground.
Shep: Don't do it Koyla, I have the high ground. You've lost.
Koyla jumps up and shep swings his saber slicing him in two and he falls into the lava.:D:D:samanime15::samanime27::mckayanime17:

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Here mabey this would help.
Koyla: Join me John, the dark side beckons!
Shep: NEVER!
Massive battle ensues *cue dramatic music*
Koyla: Join me John, you will have power beyond your imagination!
Shep: I will NEVER JOIN YOU!
Koyla: JOHN! I AM YOUR FATHER!
Shep: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll never.....join YOU!
Koyla: So be it!
Massive battle ensues again with the two dramatically battling untill shep jumos to high ground.
Shep: Don't do it Koyla, I have the high ground. You've lost.
Koyal jumps up and shep swings his saber slicing him in two and he falls into the lava.:D:D:samanime15::samanime27::mckayanime17:

*snort* :lol: I think you should send this to JM...or I'll do it for you ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 06:44 PM
*snort* :lol: I think you should send this to JM...or I'll do it for you ;)

How would I do that? I know about his blog but is there an email adress? I just fixed a typo so if you want to send it I give you permission just make sure to credit me.;)

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 07:09 PM
How would I do that? I know about his blog but is there an email adress? I just fixed a typo so if you want to send it I give you permission just make sure to credit me.;)

I would just post it in his blog. People have pitched *cough* "ideas" *cough* in his blog before and if he thought they were funny enough he respond to them. Sorry, don't know of any email.

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I would just post it in his blog. People have pitched *cough* "ideas" *cough* in his blog before and if he thought they were funny enough he respond to them. Sorry, don't know of any email.

I might just do that.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I might just do that.

Yay! :lol: I wonder if he'll actually respond...:P

marty2006
July 12th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Lol keep it on topic lads.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Lol keep it on topic lads.

Hey, that WAS on topic. We were discussing the possible return of Kolya. Or, not so possible. ;)

marty2006
July 13th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Hey, that WAS on topic. We were discussing the possible return of Kolya. Or, not so possible. ;)

Lol i know i had nothing to say and wanted to bring the thread back lol :o

scifi_lemon
July 13th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Ah. No problem!

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM

Ok how's this. Koyla was not the one killed. Koyla had a rapidly aged clone take his place at the last moment and he is still running loos looking to kill shep.

g.o.d
July 15th, 2007, 01:03 AM
bad idea. He's dead and he should remain dead

"colonel sheppard."
"Kolya, I killed you. how..?"
"that was my evil twin."

Mitchell82
July 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
bad idea. He's dead and he should remain dead

"colonel sheppard."
"Kolya, I killed you. how..?"
"that was my evil twin."

Unfortunatly that was the only part of Irresponsible that I didn't like. I really hope they bring him back somehow.

JSPuddlejumper
July 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Koyla can be brought back via TIME TRAVEL EPISODE.

They go back in time and encounter him.

Koyla would be still dead in the present.

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Ok how's this. Koyla was not the one killed. Koyla had a rapidly aged clone take his place at the last moment and he is still running loos looking to kill shep.

I'd accept anything, even the 'evil twin plot not!twist of doom' rather than admiting he died in Irresponsible.

Koyla can be brought back via TIME TRAVEL EPISODE.

They go back in time and encounter him.

Koyla would be still dead in the present.

But then he still would have died in Irresponsible which defeats the whole purpose of wanting him alive! Yeesh. ;)

Matt G
July 16th, 2007, 02:02 PM
But it acheives the objective of bringing him back! ;)

scifi_lemon
July 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
But it acheives the objective of bringing him back! ;)

BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!!

*cries* Oh Kolya... why did the writers kill you off like that? It was so horrible!! :(:(:(

hehe ;)

Mitchell82
July 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!!

*cries* Oh Kolya... why did the writers kill you off like that? It was so horrible!! :(:(:(

hehe ;)

Agreed. Mabey he called up Harlan, so he could live?

Ruffles
July 17th, 2007, 07:13 AM

Maybe Michael cloned Kolya too as part of his evil plot. ;)

hazg
July 17th, 2007, 07:55 AM
i'd like to see him return but from the current episodes we've been told about there doesnt seem to be much that he could feature in.
It would be good to see him return but the fact that SGA is heading in a new direction according to the writers means that they should leave the old enemies from the past behind.
Thats why we never saw Ford return and doubt we ever will.

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 11:18 AM

You mean so he could get "better"? :P

:lol: Well, Mikey does need all the allies he can get...;)

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 05:19 PM
You mean so he could get "better"? :P
:lol:

:lol: Well, Mikey does need all the allies he can get...;)
Indeed he does.

RepliHawk
July 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Sounds very evil

vaberella
July 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Actually if they bring Kolya back I hope they make him formitable. It would be cool to see a huge power struggle between Kolya and Ladon and then this affecting the Atlantis team as Kolya takes over. I would just like Kolya to become the enemy he was back in S1. Intense, set in his goal, and ready to take over Atlantis.

Plus it would be cool if he came and created his elite military. Maybe it's too much time on the First Strike thread and talk of the SS during WWII---but something like that but the SS made up of warriors similar to Ronon and Teyla. An elite, extremely intelligent, and vicious army to do his bidding and annihilate the wraith.

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Actually if they bring Kolya back I hope they make him formitable. It would be cool to see a huge power struggle between Kolya and Ladon and then this affecting the Atlantis team as Kolya takes over. I would just like Kolya to become the enemy he was back in S1. Intense, set in his goal, and ready to take over Atlantis.

Plus it would be cool if he came and created his elite military. Maybe it's too much time on the First Strike thread and talk of the SS during WWII---but something like that but the SS made up of warriors similar to Ronon and Teyla. An elite, extremely intelligent, and vicious army to do his bidding and annihilate the wraith.

That'd be cool. Kolya as a Pegasus galaxy Hitler with his own SS, waging war on the usurper Landon and the Atlantians. I like it ;)

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
That'd be cool. Kolya as a Pegasus galaxy Hitler with his own SS, waging war on the usurper Landon and the Atlantians. I like it ;)

Ooo me too. *imitates Nazi salute* "Hail Koyla!";)

scifi_lemon
July 18th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Ooo me too. *imitates Nazi salute* "Hail Koyla!";)

LOL! But he'll be introduced to us as the "Fueher" ;)

Mitchell82
July 18th, 2007, 01:40 PM
LOL! But he'll be introduced to us as the "Fueher" ;)

:lol: Indeed. Then he subsequently goes and kills anyone not like him and starts the third Reich!(sp)

scifi_lemon
July 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
:lol: Indeed. Then he subsequently goes and kills anyone not like him and starts the third Reich!(sp)

Nah, he'll wipe out anyone with the ATA gene! ;)

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Nah, he'll wipe out anyone with the ATA gene! ;)

LOL good point.