Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancer

Okay, so I got thinking about Claire's healing and it's essentially just rapid cellular division to repair tissue, right? Now in that whole thing with Ted at her house were to have caused even one of her cells to become cancerous, her rapid cell division could become disastrous, especially when a good portion of her body was nuked away.
    sigpic

I think the thing with rapid cell regeneration is that your body's DNA strands essentially contain a blueprint of your body. Claire's ability may be not only an accelerated restoration of her previous body state, but it may also correct any abnormalities like tumors and cancers. A "read only" DNA sequence, if you will.

Comment

That is the most stupid thing i have ever heard. if she can heal, she would heal from the cancer and if her power already is rapid cell growth, then technically she alreay has cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by zhowlett View Post
        That is the most stupid thing i have ever heard. if she can heal, she would heal from the cancer and if her power already is rapid cell growth, then technically she alreay has cancer.
        Cancer is uncontrolled cell growth, thats a far cry from rapid cell growth

Comment

well the writers seem to have completely disregarded how radiation knocks parts of DNA off of the strand. That much radiation would have most definately screwed Claire's DNA up so much that she would probably lost her ability to regenerate, but being that neither her nor any one human or superhuman in that house got any form of radiation poisoing or cancer shows that the writers aren't really making this very scientific. Their intention is for us not to think and just enjoy the show.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

What is intriguing is whether Claire (and Peter) will eventually age slower, or not age at all.

Comment

It scontinuity guys, no biggee, maby clare will doe, thad be nice
              Originally posted by cowpants
              ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Rosilin for pres

Comment

Working...
              X