Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will. It might take a few episodes to build an audience, but if FOX will commit to a full season, they ought to gain a large audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      I think it will. It might take a few episodes to build an audience, but if FOX will commit to a full season, they ought to gain a large audience.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

I've just watched the first episode of 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles'.

It was just released on the internet, so I obviously *D* it.

It's not that bad, but obviously they are going to introduce everything and everyone, but hopefully the story through out the season will be good!

But overall the first episode is good!!
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I liked it but this is on FOX so I do not have any faith in FOX giving this show a chance
          Last edited by Starxgate; 22 July 2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Sounds like there's going to be some re-shooting going on

A handful of scenes in the new Terminator-offshoot series depict a school shooting, which one journalist described as ''painful to watch.'' Liguori assured that the scenes were being looked at very closely in context of what happened at Virginia Tech this spring. ''Those scenes were shot before Virginia Tech,'' he said. ''We plan on re-shooting with recognition of what happened.'' He also defended the show's aggressive tone, saying, ''[The show's] cornerstone isn't violence. It's, oddly enough, an action family drama. It's got the tone of a comic book.'' Still, he said, everyone involved was ''completely in agreement that we have to address'' the situation. There's plenty of time, too, since the show isn't likely to bow until January (to capitalize off the largely female audience of American Idol, it seems).
            For anyone who has seen the pilot- is it a good idea for them to re-shoot it, or is this just paranoia on the part of Fox?

Sometimes it's a good idea to remove stuff and sometimes it isn't- I remember watching a Buffy episode (Earshot) that I had read was axed from the line-up after Columbine, well, after I watched I thought it would have been more appropriate/timely if they had aired it when it was originally supposed to, with it's message and all, my opinion anyway.

Comment

So should the show be called
              The Sarah Connor Chronicles = TSCC
              OR
              The Sarah Connor Chronicles = SCC
              I like SCC my self.
              The reason I asked is, there is just no way that I'm putting "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" enery time.
              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Here is the logo they used from the episode

Last edited by Starxgate; 23 July 2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

To your corners kids

First, download talk is forbidden here

second, even if every single person on this forum, around 30,000, watched a show, they wouldn't even add a fraction of a ratings point, so chill out on that aspect

third, just chill out. all you can do is control yourself, so control yourself and let the others be
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                    how about you share your thoughts on how long the first season might be?
                    Very hard to say these days. The Terminator franchise does have a built in fan base. So that might help it & that might not. What FOX needs to do is advertise the **** out of it & let people know that this is first & foremost a Terminator Show. The Terminator name alone should get people interested in it. FOX just have to create awareness.

Comment

If you're going to delete the recent posts on downloading, then please proceed to edit the previous posts that mention downloading the show. Any poster that claims to have seen the show might as well have said they downloaded it. Please, finish the job. Thanks.

By the way, I do not appreciate you deleting all of my posts. Some could have been editted, because only part of the post related to the download issue. Next time, read the entire post before clicking that delete button. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                        What FOX needs to do is advertise the **** out of it & let people know that this is first & foremost a Terminator Show. The Terminator name alone should get people interested in it. FOX just have to create awareness.
                        FOX is doing just that. There is talk of this new TV show all over the internet, plus there's a promo video on YouTube.

Comment

FOX is doing just that. There is talk of this new TV show all over the internet, plus there's a promo video on YouTube.
                          They need to do it on the air to & also they need to have the unmistakeable Terminator THEME in the commercials. Just tell the audience what the show is & it also wont help to let them know that this takes place before T3 ever happened going by the first episode it should be obvious this takes place after T2

Comment

Regular promos and ads typically don't do it anymore. Advertising the **** out of something just tends to get annoying for anyone who isn't already interested. I think networks should offer up their pilots as free LEGAL downloads (I can talk about that right?) because that's how you get people interested. And yes, I say download, because streaming on their websites is problematic/doesn't really provide a very good viewing experience. You appease your audience, they'll come back.

This makes it much easier for viewers to pick their shows that they want to continue watching on TV, and it provides infinitely better word of mouth than promos. Half the shows I thought about watching in the fall I probably won't because I don't want to re-arrange my schedule to view the pilot and find that it's a load of crap- that won't get me back watching. If I could view pilots for shows at my leisure, I'd be far more likly to re-arrange my schedule for the shows I want to watch. As it is I'll consider trying one, maybe two new shows this fall, because I really don't feel like picking and choosing through the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                              They need to do it on the air to & also they need to have the unmistakeable Terminator THEME in the commercials.
                              I don't watch FOX, so I don't know if FOX is showing adds for the show. However, they are using the classic Terminator theme music in the adds.

Just tell the audience what the show is & it also wont help to let them know that this takes place before T3 ever happened going by the first episode it should be obvious this takes place after T2
                              The show is based on T2 and will ignore T3. The preview makes this quite clear. Most people are aware of T2 and will probably rewatch it to refresh their memory before diving into the TV show. I know I'll be watching T1 and T2 the week before the show premieres just for the fun of it.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Regular promos and ads typically don't do it anymore. Advertising the **** out of something just tends to get annoying for anyone who isn't already interested.
                              Right now, I think the most successful way to advertise a TV show is through internet advertising and word of mouth. That's how I found out about the TV show. In this day and age, you can't just pick one way to advertise and then run it into the ground. If you're going to advertise a TV show, you need TV commercials, internet advertising, word of mouth, and perhaps have some advertisers join some random message boards with high traffic and post about the TV show as if they were just regular people. For example, "Hi, I'm new, anyone hear about TSCC?"

I think networks should offer up their pilots as free LEGAL downloads (I can talk about that right?) because that's how you get people interested. And yes, I say download, because streaming on their websites is problematic/doesn't really provide a very good viewing experience. You appease your audience, they'll come back.
                              Actually, this is becoming quite popular. TV shows are being aired on TV, then the episodes are hosted online at the official website where they can be viewed online via streaming video. Alternatively, you can download the episodes from iTunes. There's nothing wrong with downloading, so long as you do it legally.

This makes it much easier for viewers to pick their shows that they want to continue watching on TV, and it provides infinitely better word of mouth than promos. Half the shows I thought about watching in the fall I probably won't because I don't want to re-arrange my schedule to view the pilot and find that it's a load of crap- that won't get me back watching. If I could view pilots for shows at my leisure, I'd be far more likly to re-arrange my schedule for the shows I want to watch. As it is I'll consider trying one, maybe two new shows this fall, because I really don't feel like picking and choosing through the schedule.
                              When I want to get into a show, I go online and research it. If it captures my interest enough, I set time aside to watch it on TV. If I want to see the episodes more than once or twice, I buy the DVD set. Right now, the only shows currently in production that have captured my interest are Stargate: Atlantis and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
                              Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 23 July 2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I don't watch FOX, so I don't know if FOX is showing adds for the show. However, they are using the classic Terminator theme music in the adds.
                                Well FOX needs to have a good plan seeing as how in a few weeks the Fall Season Commercials should start soon

Comment

Working...
                                X