This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gero looks forward to Season Four

Click here! New article on GW. Hope its OK for me to make a post like this( ). I searched and i think I'm first.

I think Martin Gero is a genius. I love the featurette he made for season 2 DVD. He is a great writer and very funny. If hes liking season four that means its got to be good.
    Last edited by monkey_man132; 17 May 2007, 06:45 PM.

First of all I'm a known massive supporter of TPTB so I was all up in fire about S4 and loving the snippets I was given. I figured I would love S4. His interview is clarifying a few things, "soft reset" almost sounds like a clean up of the show a bit to balance everything out.

I like the fact they were also given lots of time to really edit the work and give us quality rather than rushed stories which at times can be seen. All in all, I loved the interview and definitely got me even more hopeful, if that's possible, for the future of SGA.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Did you see Martin Gero's video in the season 2 DVDs? Its hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
        We have a Martin Gero appreciation thread on GW here...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ht=Martin+Gero

It's a little dusty.

Since the thread does not have a spoiler warning...

Spoiler:
        I am a little disappointed that the soft reset just seems to mean a few eps stranded then Weir gone (maybe they were taking her to the drop off point in that well used spoiler piccie) and Carter arriving and therefore back to normal *more or less*.
        I do like the idea that they may have had more time to spend polishing up the scripts, I recall last season tptb saying they had some great stories but for the life of me I can only put that label on 2 of the 20 we got so I will take Martin's comments with a grain of salt.

Also not a fan of more SFX on the show I think they had enough, if it means no more stupid monster things fine but if all it means is space fights.. leave them to George and his franchise I prefer substance over SFX.

Comment

Hopefully Danger Beckett will make a return appearance in season4

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Hopefully Danger Beckett will make a return appearance in season4
            LOL! NO! Not with that accent.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
              really? watched about half before i got bored.
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                LOL! NO! Not with that accent.
                omg dont be a hater. you're not a true fan :|

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                  Oh come on.... Joe Flanigan... hugged? Funny.

Comment

gero has to look forward to season 4 ... hehe its not like he has a choice hehe

Oh come on.... Joe Flanigan... hugged? Funny.

hehe nope joe was cute but it just never caught my funny bone, i thought joe looked a bit uncomfortable

oh well, i'm not really in to comedy movies and stuff either..just didn't find it funny.

*shrugs*
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

That explains a lot.

Road to a Dream was dog-on hilarious. SuperMegaUberGod Martin Gero is a genius. There is no debate there.

Period.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        That explains a lot.
                        what exactly does it explain?
                        Last edited by parisindy; 17 May 2007, 08:02 PM.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

hehe nope joe was cute but it just never caught my funny bone, i thought joe looked a bit uncomfortable
                          Um... that is what makes it funny. Joe was uncomfortable because it went on so long. Funny. *shrugs* each to their own, humour is an individual thing.

Comment

i wish Gero were writing more than 4 or 5 eps. his ones are generally the bets coz he can do both humour and drama so well. but i guess since they have more time, his few will be even better (yeah, like there's better than M&MM )

as for road to a dream: in the 100 page special edition of the SG1/SGA mag they have an interview with Gero. i was trying to explain to my sister who he was, so i showed him a picture and she goes "OH Danger Beckett!"
                            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*
                            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Um... that is what makes it funny. Joe was uncomfortable because it went on so long. Funny. *shrugs* each to their own, humour is an individual thing.
                              I found the hug hilarious... Joe was supposed to look uncomfortable cos that was part of the joke.

I think the soft reset Gero is referring to (and which Joe Flanigan already referred to it as in an interview some months ago) is
                              Spoiler:
                              the city once again being cut off from Earth.
                              Interesting to learn that it won't last all that long though (which I suspected) but also that he would have liked it to go on longer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X