Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaint - Is this Stagate: Atlantis or is it Star Trek I’m watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaint - Is this Stagate: Atlantis or is it Star Trek I’m watching?

Okay, am I the only one getting frustrated about this?

Lets recap.

First the kirking beginning with The Tower
    Now we have a story arc, as Deep Space Nine done.
    This Mortal Coil – Umm wasn’t that a Voyager episode?
    Then the new uniforms, rather trekkie.
    Last but not lest, the latest episode - The Spoils of War – A DS9 Ep. wasn’t it?

Why don’t they just rename the show? Sorry about being blunt but I thought it needed pointing out. I would prefer the old show back .
    Last edited by Wormhole; 16 May 2007, 12:37 PM.
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

Lets recap.

Nope, just the generic "good guy banging alien chick" plot first done, I think, in Brief Candle. If not, then it was in Need. In Atlantis, it was first done in "Sanctuary".

So what do you call the huge-ass Goa'uld arc spanning the first 8 seasons of SG1? The last 3 episodes of Season 1? The last 2 eps of Season 4 and first 2 eps of Season 5? The whole search for the Lost City?

Nope. "Mortal Coil" was though, and both were rips of Shakespeare.

I knew you'll bring this up.

Look people, color coordination is not Trekkie, it's useful and logical, and appropriate.

Last but not lest, the latest episode - The Spoils of War – A DS9 Ep. wasn’t it?
    Nope. There was "The Dogs of War", which was also rips of Shakespeare.

Why don’t they just rename the show? Sorry about being blunt but I thought it needed pointing out. I would prefer the old show back .
    Because all you've pointed out are surface and generic similarities that can be used to pretty much compare any 2 shows?

Comment

Lets recap.

I agree with some of your points, however it's always been a bit like Star Trek in one way or another..
      Voyager- In an alien enviroment fighting new enemies and discovering new species..
      DS9 - On the front lines with a space station, fighting a war.
      TNG - Discovering new things, exploration, ect.

- I could do without the hitting on random aliens, hot Ancients withstanding, of course.
      - What story arc are you referring to?
      - I don't really care about the ep names.
      - Ugh, I agree 100% on the uniforms. It wasn't so bad when there was just red, but now blue? What's next, we put all of the military in yellow?
      Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
        - Ugh, I agree 100% on the uniforms. It wasn't so bad when there was just red, but now blue? What's next, we put all of the military in yellow?
        weren't there red, blue, and yellow uniforms since the first episode?

Comment

Yep.

This is one of the qualities of The Fans[tm], the moment they see something they dislike, they automatically forget any previous appearance of said "thing".

It happens a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
            weren't there red, blue, and yellow uniforms since the first episode?
            I don't remember seeing yellow uniforms and I thought blue were new? I could be wrong.
            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

I don't remember anything yellow or blue either.

Wormhole, you forgot to add SG-1 in the title, it's a mixture of 3 shows now it seems.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post

Wormhole, you forgot to add SG-1 in the title, it's a mixture of 3 shows now it seems.
                One character moving over does not a show make.

Oh and here is blue:

Rodney wore it a lot. I don't get why people didn't remember it. As for yellow:

And here is light green:

And this is all within "38 Minutes."

Comment

One character coming over to replace the leader and, as we can see by the spoilers, not only to support the other characters but being a much bigger part of the show then we were told initially, not to mention the writers making the show too Sg-1 like with all the military taking over and stuff and other characters of that show appearing as well. Yes, I'd say it is becoming Sg-1. I wonder how much of screen time Carter will have in comparison to other characters.

Anyway this is off topic in this particular thread.

Those old uniforms were nice, the blue one at least, but those new.. no comment. Let's just say I'm glad I'm not watching the show anymore, it's getting worse in every way. lol
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Lets recap.

Well, you're probably not the only one, but I haven't a clue what you're talking about. Sorry. I still see Stargate:Atlantis, same as always.
                    sigpic

Comment

How many freaking episodes of Stargate have their been (SG-1 & SGA) almost 300, you try coming up with new episode titles.

Oh my god their referencing Shakespeare, no ones allowed do that, if anyone references one of the greatest and most influential writers in human history, they must be ripping off Star Trek.

Shepperd romancing what, 3 or 4 women in three seasons of course hes "kirking", before Star Trek fictional characters weren't the least bit flirtatcious

Colour co-ordinated uniforms, what's even worse their slightly different than last season [shakes fist in dislay of rage]

Oh my god Generic similarities abound, they both involve space travel!!!!! Obviously we should all stop watching the show, but not stop coming to websites and forums about it so we can blow small things out of proportion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh hush up....let them all whinge, moan, gripe etc.

Then when they go and watch some real bad sci-fi (Painkiller Jane?) they'll all come back, tails wedged firmly between legs.

If they'd moaned about the prevalence of ships in Atlantis, then I might have agreed.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                          If they'd moaned about the prevalence of ships in Atlantis, then I might have agreed.......
                          At least then there would be similarities.

"Shields at 50%"

I forehead slap every time they mention shields like that.

Beam me up Hermie - Carter is coming and apparently she is bringing a bigger thermonuclear reaction!

/random
                          : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                          : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

I agree with some suggestions.

I don’t mind the titles so much; I agree after writing over 200 episodes or more that it would be difficult to come up with new ideas.

The uniforms, the minute I saw them they reminded me of Star Trek. Took me awhile to know what colour was for which department mind. But I much preferred the old ones compared to the new ones.

It would just be nice to have something fresh a bit like Season One was it just seems to have declined slowly, by treading over old ground used by Star Trek or as pointed out SG-1 .
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Nope, just the generic "good guy banging alien chick" plot first done, I think, in Brief Candle. If not, then it was in Need. In Atlantis, it was first done in "Sanctuary".

So what do you call the huge-ass Goa'uld arc spanning the first 8 seasons of SG1? The last 3 episodes of Season 1? The last 2 eps of Season 4 and first 2 eps of Season 5? The whole search for the Lost City?

Nope. "Mortal Coil" was though, and both were rips of Shakespeare.

I knew you'll bring this up.

Look people, color coordination is not Trekkie, it's useful and logical, and appropriate.

Nope. There was "The Dogs of War", which was also rips of Shakespeare.

Because all you've pointed out are surface and generic similarities that can be used to pretty much compare any 2 shows?

NICE WORK PG15 IF I HADNT GREENED U ALREADY ID GREEN U AGAIN!!!

SOME MAJOR PWNAGE GOING ON HERE!!!!
                              The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Working...
                              X