Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New and Improved Anti-Carter on Atlantis -thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New and Improved Anti-Carter on Atlantis -thread...

Do NOT post in this thread if you're gonna defend Sam or hate on anyone else on the show, like, Dr. Elizabeth Weir. This is an Anti-Sam thread ONLY.

Since the old one seems lost or whatever and there's a Pro-Sam thread, I don't see why we can't have an Anti-Sam thread.

Alright, we all know that big changes are about to happen. I haven't stayed in the loop lately but I just read the spoilers for "The Seer" and boy are the writers stupid.

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/6830.html

What the spoilers tell us is:
    Spoiler:

* Teyla is pregnant and it's a complicated issue (WTF?! Who's the father?! Michael?! John, somehow?!)
    * Sam is the leader of Atlantis (either temporarily or permanently)
    * No mention of Elizabeth was made so she might be gone already.
    * Sam is the person whose actions will decide the future of the Pegasus Galaxy

O... K...

As if it wasn't enough with Sam saving the Milky Way every other week, saving an entire alternate universe and now in season 4 of Atlantis probably replacing Elizabeth and somehow arriving in "her own ship", she's now also the most important person in the galaxy!!!!!

Way to go, Mary Sue Sam-loving PTB! Way to go!

She had a good 10 year run of perfection where she didn't make any major mistakes and where she was always perfect in what she did. Now she's brought over to continue that, replacing an old character and also becoming the most important person in the galaxy (nay, two galaxies since the Asurans and Wraith are after more than just the Atlantis expedition)!
    Last edited by Skydiver; 15 May 2007, 06:05 PM.

I don't want Sam on Atlantis either. I'm not a fan of the character. In fact, I'm not a fan of SG-1 at all(Shocking, I know ).
    Atlantis doesn't need a character who's incapable of making a mistake. I love my very flawed Atlantis people.
    And why should she take over Atlantis. She hasn't been there the last 3 years.
    You would think that AT would be sick of doing Stargate too, wouldn't you? But that's besides the point.

Comment

i wonder how soon it will take tptb to have an alien hunk fall at her feet..or please god no they try and set up a love triangle (gets sick bucket ready)

i liked sga because it was not a smooch fest. every ep i saw in season 8 of sg1 was centred around carters love life, to the detrement of other characters and more interesting story lines thats the main reason i gave up on sg1.

i dont know why the rest of the people on atlantis dont pack up and go home there saviour has arrived
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

lets all bow down to the wonderful Carter

hey we won't even need to use puddlejumpers to get to the mainland now, because Samantha can walk on water!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I like Carter. She's my current fave on SG1, actually. But I don't want to see her on Atlantis for 14 episodes and I don't to see her replacing Weir as head of the city. I think Carter has had her time to shine for 10 seasons and I'd rather see TPTB focus on strengthening Weir and the Atlantis characters rather than ditching the ones that they seem to have difficulty writing and bringing in safe, familiar faces.

I get the feeling that TPTB don't think that Atlantis can stand on its own without the SG1 lead-in and that's why a character was brought over full time. Too bad - they had three seasons to make Atlantis into a spinoff that could survive once SG1 ended. Now it looks like they're going in reverse.

Comment

The. Best. Thread. I never liked Carter too much. I think it was OK in first years of SG1 but than, I don´t know. She is perfect, never makes mistake, she has no depth. And one season (8 btw.) where she has a boyfriend and solves only if she should marry him which was clear from the beginning that she won´t marry him...

I don´t want her in SGA. I don´t want any SG1 character in SG1. I am not interested in SG1 since Daniel died three times and it started to be SG1 "one-man show". Only SG1 can safe the world, the other teams don´t exist....and now, they move the least needed to SGA.
            What does she have the other don´t? She is a soldier-Sheppard is lead military. Scientist-we have McKay and Zelenka and they are both damned good. Leader-Atlantis had one-Weir. Sure, not perfect, but THAT´S THE POINT. Who wants perfect leader, scientist, soldier in one? Instead of working in characters they have, they bring character, who was 10 years in SG1 and (IMO) made no bigger progress.
            I am afraid what her presence can do with Rodney and the other scientists. They are usually acting like an idiots around her. Because she is the perfect blondie who has to be right everytime.
            Sure, I keep saying "wait and see" and some spoilers like "dark and continual story" is really great but always when get over it, comes some news about Carter and I feel down again.

I hope this is OK, I needed to write it somewhere how I feel it. And I hope I didn´t touch anyone. But I feel it this way...and I feel much better now
            And sorry for my English, this isn´t one of my better days

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              The. Best. Thread. I never liked Carter too much. I think it was OK in first years of SG1 but than, I don´t know. She is perfect, never makes mistake, she has no depth. And one season (8 btw.) where she has a boyfriend and solves only if she should marry him which was clear from the beginning that she won´t marry him...

I don´t want her in SGA. I don´t want any SG1 character in SG1. I am not interested in SG1 since Daniel died three times and it started to be SG1 "one-man show". Only SG1 can safe the world, the other teams don´t exist....and now, they move the least needed to SGA.
              What does she have the other don´t? She is a soldier-Sheppard is lead military. Scientist-we have McKay and Zelenka and they are both damned good. Leader-Atlantis had one-Weir. Sure, not perfect, but THAT´S THE POINT. Who wants perfect leader, scientist, soldier in one? Instead of working in characters they have, they bring character, who was 10 years in SG1 and (IMO) made no bigger progress.
              I am afraid what her presence can do with Rodney and the other scientists. They are usually acting like an idiots around her. Because she is the perfect blondie who has to be right everytime.
              Sure, I keep saying "wait and see" and some spoilers like "dark and continual story" is really great but always when get over it, comes some news about Carter and I feel down again.

I hope this is OK, I needed to write it somewhere how I feel it. And I hope I didn´t touch anyone. But I feel it this way...and I feel much better now
              And sorry for my English, this isn´t one of my better days
              thats cool! i agree with most of what you said and its great to have somewhere to air the disbelief at whats happenin without having to justify why you dislike carter.

and hey my english is pretty poor and ive lived here all my life!
              sigpic
              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

It'll be Nice to have Cater in Atlantis for 1 session

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                  did you mean 1 season?
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

So here's where the heretics come together to refuse Stargate goddess Samantha Carter. May I join? Personally, I have nothing against Sam (quite the opposite, actually ). I just don't wanna see an SG-1 character (or anyone else) take Dr. Weir's place. It's just wrong to mess with Atlantis like this. SG-1 and SGA should be two separate shows. The more SG-1 characters are tossed into Atlantis, the sooner the series will die. Just my opinion.
                    Last edited by mcbarr; 16 May 2007, 06:14 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am not anti-Sam at all, in fact I like her on SG1, I just don't want to see her on Atlantis. IMO 10 years on SG1 plus the two SG1 movies is enough for one character. I wouldn't mind her appearing in say 2/3 eps but 14 is just too much.

And becoming the leader of Atlantis? To me that's crazy. I am a fan of Weir and don't like her being pushed out. I can't see why Carter is more qualified than anyone else for the position, plus why all of a sudden is it ok for a member of the US military to be in command. Atlantis is an international expedition, and isn't Sheppard effectively the military commander?

TPTB only want to bring Sam over because they think it will guarantee them part of the SG1 fanbase, and it may bring in some Sam fans who didn't previously watch SGA, but this along with all the other cast changes, will drive a lot more people away.

I agree about the crossovers, whilst I don't mind the odd appearance by an SG1 person, SG1 has had 10 seasons, plus 2, maybe more movies, time to let it rest.

For me I have enjoyed most of S3, and IMO the team was coming together nicely and it felt like they were finding their way, if that makes sense. Come S4 that's all going to change.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

I wasn't Anti-Sam until I stopped watching SG1 and gained hindsight...
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          lets all bow down to the wonderful Carter

hey we won't even need to use puddlejumpers to get to the mainland now, because Samantha can walk on water!
                          And don't forget, she will be the new goddess the Pegasus natives will have to bow down to. Temples are being build as we speak. What was that thing with false gods again?

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                          Wrong thread, dude!

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                          did you mean 1 season?
                          That's what he/she means.

Originally posted by Elitenova
                          What have Weir brought to the Pegasus Galaxy?

1. Woken the Wraith.
                          2. Experimented on human wraith virus.
                          3. Almost brought the expedition to extinction.
                          4. Allowed McKay to destroy half a system.
                          5. A week leader in military matter.
                          6. A week leader in Civillian matter.
                          7. Made an Alliance with the Wraith that eventually failed.
                          8. Almost brought Earth to the Wraith.
                          Also, wrong thread. Try reading post number 1, it usually helps to know what it is all about. It does with me anyway.

First of, like a few others, I have nothing against Carter ... in SG1.

However, in SGA I have a huge problem with the Golden Girl. And my muse has been thinking of ways to get rid of Carter fast, and preferably in the most horrible ways possible. Wraith sucking the life out of her, just doesn't cut it at this point. Certainly not after those Seer spoilers.

Up until recently I didn't really have a least favorite character on Atlantis. Yes, maybe Lucius but in the end he wasn't such a bad guy after all. And Kavanagh, well, he got what was coming to him.
                          I'm pretty sure Carter will fill that place real fast real soon, actually if I have to be honest, she's already taking up that spot. And I highly doubt my opinion will change any time soon.

I may be looking forward to season 4, but I'm not looking forward to see Carter flaunt around the city, being the center of attention while there are other characters who are far more interesting than the flawless blonde goddess (not meant in the nicest way).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Moving her to Atlantis is a HORRIBLE idea. The way she is written is just so damn obnoxious. Nobody is that perfect, nobody can solve absolutely ANY problem in hours, and suprisingly, astrophysicists can't preform delicate medical operations (SG1 Season 1).

I only hope McKay doesn't act like a schoolgirl with a crush around her and that there is a bit of resentment between her and the expedition due to her taking Weirs position. Also, I don't want John to get along with her atleast at first and he better still have authority over her in military situations.
                            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

If she turns up with the type of 'seen it all before' attitude that she seems have addopted in SG-1 then it could spell disaster for her role in Atlantis, it needs to stay relatively dark to stand a chance on it's own imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X