Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylar discussion, powers, etc

Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been answered but what was the thing on Sylars head when he locks H.R.G. in the prison?

Also can someone explain what exactly is his ability. Six months ago stated he could see how things worked and could fix things. But when H.R.G's docs had a look at him all they could find is his telekinesis.

Also ( sorry if I'm dragging this out ), how does he survive getting shot by Parkman, falling off the top of Claire's school, and being shot in H.R.G's house?

Originally posted by bringbackApophis View Post
    Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been answered but what was the thing on Sylars head when he locks H.R.G. in the prison?

Also can someone explain what exactly is his ability. Six months ago stated he could see how things worked and could fix things. But when H.R.G's docs had a look at him all they could find is his telekinesis.

Also ( sorry if I'm dragging this out ), how does he survive getting shot by Parkman, falling off the top of Claire's school, and being shot in H.R.G's house?
    The thing on his head, power inhibitor maybe? Maybe they just put a bolt in his head for fun. Sylars power is to see how things work, and apparently copy powers once he examines (or eats) the brains of the people with the powers. All those incredible feats of survival can be explained by use of his telekinesis, somehow using it to arrest the momentum of bullets and himself. It could also be a much simpler explanation, he has a bulletproof vest and Peter broke his fall.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by bringbackApophis View Post
      Sylar has the abililty to see what's wrong with anything, and fix it - provided the tools are at hand. That means he can repair himself, using his own power and telekinesis.

Comment

when he broke the sword, he froze it and caused it to break. I dont recall anyone with the ability to freeze things. unless it was REALLY early.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

the power was seen in the second ep in which the Matt and the feds found Molly after Sylar killed her parents. he used the power to kill her father. We don't know from where/whom he acquired this ability.
          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

"James Walker Unknown "Don't Look Back" His corpse was found frozen. Later, Sylar unsuccessfully attempted to kidnap the Walkers' daughter, Molly, from FBI custody. " from a Wikipedia search on Syler

i'm assuming here, that he got the freezing ability from him, James Walkers wife's head was only opened, the brain was still there....

it's an assumption, please don't jump down my throat...
            sigpic

Comment

We haven't been watching Sylar from the beginning of his spree, so there've probably been a bunch of people he's killed (and stolen their powers) that we haven't seen, because it happened before we met him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                We haven't been watching Sylar from the beginning of his spree, so there've probably been a bunch of people he's killed (and stolen their powers) that we haven't seen, because it happened before we met him.
                Exactly! It's a neat power though.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

for lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP-X6_Xk5qI

now who can imagine sylar singing and dancing?

Comment

What the hell was that?
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Haha!

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

How is that video in any way related to "Heroes" or Syler?
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                          How is that video in any way related to "Heroes" or Syler?
                          The guy in the glasses looks like Sylar.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            The guy in the glasses looks like Sylar.
                            Umm...because he's a male...and has...hair...?
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                              Umm...because he's white...and has...hair...?
                              Well, with those striking similarities, one can see how a person could become confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X