PDA

View Full Version : Sylar discussion, powers, etc

bringbackApophis
March 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM
Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been answered but what was the thing on Sylars head when he locks H.R.G. in the prison?

Also can someone explain what exactly is his ability. Six months ago stated he could see how things worked and could fix things. But when H.R.G's docs had a look at him all they could find is his telekinesis.

Also ( sorry if I'm dragging this out ), how does he survive getting shot by Parkman, falling off the top of Claire's school, and being shot in H.R.G's house?

jds1982
March 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been answered but what was the thing on Sylars head when he locks H.R.G. in the prison?

Also can someone explain what exactly is his ability. Six months ago stated he could see how things worked and could fix things. But when H.R.G's docs had a look at him all they could find is his telekinesis.

Also ( sorry if I'm dragging this out ), how does he survive getting shot by Parkman, falling off the top of Claire's school, and being shot in H.R.G's house?

The thing on his head, power inhibitor maybe? Maybe they just put a bolt in his head for fun. Sylars power is to see how things work, and apparently copy powers once he examines (or eats) the brains of the people with the powers. All those incredible feats of survival can be explained by use of his telekinesis, somehow using it to arrest the momentum of bullets and himself. It could also be a much simpler explanation, he has a bulletproof vest and Peter broke his fall.

Gelondil
March 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM

Sylar has the abililty to see what's wrong with anything, and fix it - provided the tools are at hand. That means he can repair himself, using his own power and telekinesis.

Iguana775
May 15th, 2007, 06:45 AM
when he broke the sword, he froze it and caused it to break. I dont recall anyone with the ability to freeze things. unless it was REALLY early.

Kirath
May 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM
the power was seen in the second ep in which the Matt and the feds found Molly after Sylar killed her parents. he used the power to kill her father. We don't know from where/whom he acquired this ability.

atlantis_angel
May 15th, 2007, 10:49 AM
"James Walker Unknown "Don't Look Back" His corpse was found frozen. Later, Sylar unsuccessfully attempted to kidnap the Walkers' daughter, Molly, from FBI custody. " from a Wikipedia search on Syler

i'm assuming here, that he got the freezing ability from him, James Walkers wife's head was only opened, the brain was still there....

it's an assumption, please don't jump down my throat...

TheBigFlush
May 15th, 2007, 11:26 AM
We haven't been watching Sylar from the beginning of his spree, so there've probably been a bunch of people he's killed (and stolen their powers) that we haven't seen, because it happened before we met him.

the fifth man
May 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
We haven't been watching Sylar from the beginning of his spree, so there've probably been a bunch of people he's killed (and stolen their powers) that we haven't seen, because it happened before we met him.

Exactly! It's a neat power though.:)

eri-chan
May 30th, 2007, 04:02 AM
for lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP-X6_Xk5qI

now who can imagine sylar singing and dancing?

jds1982
May 30th, 2007, 10:06 AM
:S :confused: What the hell was that?

Cap116
May 30th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Haha!

Major Tyler
May 30th, 2007, 10:09 AM
How is that video in any way related to "Heroes" or Syler? :confused:

jds1982
May 30th, 2007, 10:13 AM
How is that video in any way related to "Heroes" or Syler? :confused:

The guy in the glasses looks like Sylar.

Major Tyler
May 30th, 2007, 10:15 AM
The guy in the glasses looks like Sylar.Umm...because he's a male...and has...hair...? :ronananime25:

Trek_Girl42
May 30th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Umm...because he's white...and has...hair...? :ronananime25:
Well, with those striking similarities, one can see how a person could become confused. :jack_new_anime04:

monkey_man132
May 30th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Its just about the fruitiest video of all time. The guy has a slight resemblance.

the fifth man
May 30th, 2007, 08:13 PM
That was definitely strange. Very, very strange.:S

GateMan2000
May 31st, 2007, 06:18 AM
That was retarded...nothing even close to Sylar..

Aerilon
December 5th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Ok, so assuming that this writers strike gets sorted out somewhat quick, and the series of Heroes does indeed continue, at some point, they are going to need to get rid of the bad guy.

Adam and all the other people we may think of Evil aside here, my main concern is Sylar, and how he will be disposed of at the end of the show. Logically thinking (ironic using that word seeing as how he is playing a Vulcan in a Trek movie), but anyway, realistically thinking here, there are only a number of ways that the threat he poses could be removed.

I'd like to share them with you...

The first way would be for Sylar to change. He is Evil, we know that, but what if something happened to him, and he became one of the good guys? I'm not talking one or two episodes here either, I am talking about permanently.

The second, would be down to Matt. Using his forced thoughts, he could either lock Sylar up in a dream for eternity, or, using the power of his mind, could 'tell' Sylar to kill himself, or to do something that would result in his own death.

The third would be to kill him with other powers (or not), by stabbing him through the heart, or by removing his head. I'm still debating whether or not Sylar actually has the regenerative ability.. We know he had some of Claire's blood, but we don't know if it is only temporary or not.

The forth, an addition to the third, would be down to our Friend the Haitian. His power, is the ability to block others, thus he could (before our other Heroes got involved) block Sylar's powers, allowing another Hero to kill him straight off.

Does anyone have any other theories as to how they could get rid of him?

Aerilon
December 5th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yes, Sylar had Claire's blood, and it healed him, but we do not yet know whether this is a temporary, or permanent change. Whilst the subject of whether he has the regenerative power is still open for debate, I would like to address another matter.

Before I get started, I would like people to 'assume' that the regenerative power that Sylar now has is perminant.

Generally speaking, Sylar only kills other Heroes to acquire their power. In addition to them, he may on the odd occasion kill someone who he deems as a threat to him and his abilities.

The question then, if Sylar were to come across Claire, Adam, or anyone else with the ability to regenerate the way he now can, would he dispose of them, or would he leave them be?

In addition to this, I suppose you could ask the same question for others. If Sylar came across another Hero, of who's power he already had (lets say, he meets someone else who is telekinetic, or who has better hearing, or whatever), would his dispose of them, or just move on, leaving them be?

Thoughts?

MarshAngel
December 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think they'd be a high priority but my suspicion is he won't consider himself truly unique or special if there's someone wondering around out there able to do the same or similar. In Five Years Later he wanted to round up and kill all others with abilities. He didn't have all their abilities but their existence weakened his personal assessment of himself.

Vash
December 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Umm...Peter?

P-90_177
December 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yes, Sylar had Claire's blood, and it healed him, but we do not yet know whether this is a temporary, or permanent change. Whilst the subject of whether he has the regenerative power is still open for debate, I would like to address another matter.

Before I get started, I would like people to 'assume' that the regenerative power that Sylar now has is perminant.

Generally speaking, Sylar only kills other Heroes to acquire their power. In addition to them, he may on the odd occasion kill someone who he deems as a threat to him and his abilities.

The question then, if Sylar were to come across Claire, Adam, or anyone else with the ability to regenerate the way he now can, would he dispose of them, or would he leave them be?

In addition to this, I suppose you could ask the same question for others. If Sylar came across another Hero, of who's power he already had (lets say, he meets someone else who is telekinetic, or who has better hearing, or whatever), would his dispose of them, or just move on, leaving them be?

Thoughts?

The thing with sylar is that he isn't too concerned with most people. All he wants is ultimate power and ultimate control. He kills to get powers cos that's what he has to do to get them and he has no remourse for it but he views anyone else as insects. He'll squash them if they get annoying but for the most part he'll ignore them.

MarshAngel
December 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Umm...Peter?

What about him?

Archaeis
December 5th, 2007, 04:19 PM
What about him?

I think he meant that Peter would be, ultimately, the greatest threat to Sylar, but also the greatest prize. UNfortuantely for Sylar, no matter how many unique powers he gains, the second he comes close enough to Peter, Peter gets all those powers too and Sylar has lost his advantage. Whether or not Sylar knows the full extent of Peter's power is questionable though.

Although, he did have access to Mohinder's computer in Powerless, so he might know all about Peter and have a new list of people to hunt down.

Buddhawasanancient
December 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM
You could use the Haitian to either wipe his mind of the knowledge of his powers or wipe his mind of the knowledge that he's an evil murderous villain. Or my vote...BOTH!

The Prophet
December 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
He could win. And the other Heroes die.

;)

jds1982
December 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I seriously doubt Sylar has the regenerative ability, he wasn't able to get Claire's brain and the healing we did see was simply the result of her blood. That being said, Sylar could always be done in if someone took a page out of Jokey Smurfs book and gave him a nice big package bomb trussed up like a pretty present. Sylar won't be able to resist something like that.

2ndgenerationalteran
December 7th, 2007, 01:11 AM
he would dispose of others with redundant powers, and i dont think clairs blood will always work, Nathan had it and it seems to have wore off when he was shot. I think it will only heal with minor injuries after that. So Noah Bennett would have some healing ability now.

the fifth man
December 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Eventually, yeah, Sylar will have to die. But seriously, it doesn't have to be anytime soon. He could remain a baddy for quite some time IMO.

JSPuddlejumper
December 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Or

Peter can finally man up and stop being such a pussy and finish off Sylar

Peter has way more powers, and can regenerate. Hell he can control time now to some extent. Hone that ability...

Avenger
December 9th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Assuming the regenerative ability stuck, which I doubt, he would still kill Adam or Claire because they are a threat to him.

Gala
December 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I disagree Syler hides his powers somehow.

They could only ever make him use telekenises its the only one Peter took I think its safe 2 assume. He used it out of nowhere he probably would of discovered another by now if he had it.

Whats also interesting is how syler hides, "hiding in plain site" as it was described.

Aerilon
December 14th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I never intended for Sylar to be killed off just yet, but really, it is only Hiro and Peter that I truly believe have the power to kill him. Mainly because of their ability to control time.

Ultimatley, it should be Peter that takes out Sylar, him having all those powers, he could I suppose freeze time, kill Sylar, and then unfreeze time, in which Sylar would have died.

flameling
December 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I think it is Peter who should kill Sylar-by freezing time and elctrocuting him and if that doesn't work, have Hiro impale his head.

the fifth man
December 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Oh yeah, I definitely think it will be Peter that eventually kills Sylar. I just hope it is one hell of a good battle.

jds1982
December 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah, I definitely think it will be Peter that eventually kills Sylar. I just hope it is one hell of a good battle.

The way Heroes does battles...it won't be.

Gregorius
December 16th, 2007, 03:09 PM
The way Heroes does battles...it won't be.

They had one good battle: Future Peter vs Future Sylar. It's a shame most of it happened off-screen after it started.

jds1982
December 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM
They had one good battle: Future Peter vs Future Sylar. It's a shame most of it happened off-screen after it started.

I think you proved my point.

flameling
December 16th, 2007, 04:11 PM

I never thought about that. Your right-that was a good battle. Sadly-as you already said-it was off screen, so we can only debates who wins and losses. And this might be off topic, but I once saw an advertisement for heoes season 2 and it had a vaiety of heroes-and mohinder-with the RNA symbol on their face, except for Claire. So I have to wonder what the writers would have done with Adam and Sylar if the WGA strike was quickly resolved.

Gregorius
December 17th, 2007, 04:29 AM
I think you proved my point.

The seconds before it went of screen it was still the best battle I've seen so far in Heroes. :p

The Prophet
December 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Sylar didn't like the idea of hurting the innocents, such as when he phoned Mohhinder about destroying NY (This was the only episode I missed :O So, I hope that's right).

Sylar just wants to be Unique. Different to everybody else. If Adam/ Claire tried to prevent him from his goal- Claire by actually trying to stop him, Adam my gaining World Dominence, then probably Sylar would attempt to stop them. But, if Adam/Claire went into recluse as hermits, not interacting with the world at large, then I doubt Sylar would want to track them down and kill them.

Unless, he had removed ALL the active Heroes, and wanted to reduce the chance of a foe emerging, such as Claire/Adam/offspring, then he might consider them a threat.

puddlejumper747
December 19th, 2007, 04:53 PM

I really don't understand how this can be open for debate... :confused: Sylar took an injection, he got cured... from everything: physical wounds and the Shanti virus. With the virus gone, his powers have now returned.

What gives us any indication that the healing factor would stick around? Claire's blood heals people, it doesn't give them her ability. If they get injected, they get cured. Her blood remains in their bloodstream until it breaks down, and that's the end of it, since their bodies don't naturally produce more of that kind of blood.

Unless the writers truly intend for every character healed by Claire's/Adam's blood to gain the ability of regeneration (including but not limited to: Nathan Petrelli, Sylar, Maya, and Noah Bennett)... I seriously doubt that we're going to see Sylar with regeneration. It would just be way too easy to give everyone her ability, and if it were that easy the Company should have definitely been aware of it.

While my mind is wandering, I wonder if the writers intend this blood/ability transfusion to be unique to regeneration alone... if other powers could be temporarily granted though a blood transfusion... *thinking*

MarshAngel
December 20th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I really don't understand how this can be open for debate... :confused: Sylar took an injection, he got cured... from everything: physical wounds and the Shanti virus. With the virus gone, his powers have now returned.

You know...this is the part I really question. Didn't Mohinder say he used his antibodies in combination with Claire's blood to cure the virus? This makes me wonder if Claire's ability didn't simply heal him and protect him from the effects of the virus without eliminating the virus itself. I see potential for Sylar as a carrier.

It's just speculation but it would be interesting to see this play out.

flameling
December 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
The seconds before it went of screen it was still the best battle I've seen so far in Heroes. :p

True. It was interesting to see them go nuclear and clash. I'm wondering if his means peter mans up in the future?

Aerilon
December 24th, 2007, 01:08 AM

What gives us any indication that the healing factor would stick around? Claire's blood heals people, it doesn't give them her ability. If they get injected, they get cured. Her blood remains in their bloodstream until it breaks down, and that's the end of it, since their bodies don't naturally produce more of that kind of blood.

Unless the writers truly intend for every character healed by Claire's/Adam's blood to gain the ability of regeneration (including but not limited to: Nathan Petrelli, Sylar, Maya, and Noah Bennett)... I seriously doubt that we're going to see Sylar with regeneration. It would just be way too easy to give everyone her ability, and if it were that easy the Company should have definitely been aware of it.

While my mind is wandering, I wonder if the writers intend this blood/ability transfusion to be unique to regeneration alone... if other powers could be temporarily granted though a blood transfusion... *thinking*You make a good point here, but at this time, we can only speculate (or hope) that the blood doesn't mean an extra regenerative ability.

I've just thought too... Sylar has his powers back, he can now change, everything, from his appearance, to his surroundings with the power he acquired from that girl...

Watch out Heroes.

Aerilon
February 10th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Was thinking the other day... Now that Sylar has his powers back, he is practically going to be unstoppable. He has killed at least two others of whom had Power. Meya's brother (can't be arsed to try and spell his name), and that woman / girl who could change herself, and her surroundings..

I think he only took that womans head off though, Meya's brother has been left in tact, just, he is dead. But yeah, Sylar in theory, could now change all and any surroundings, and himself at his choosing.

This would mean, that any other Hero that he comes up against, he could change the location to suit his needs, plus, he could change his own appearance, making him appear to be someone else.

Easy Killings. I somehow doubt anyone (other than Peter) now has the power to stop him, unless they see him coming first.

If various Heroes saw him coming, they could Act. Nathan (assuming he is alive) could fly away, Hiro could teleport off somewhere and Matt could give him a Mind Meld or something, but generally, unless these guys see him coming before the change, they're screwed.

Oh, and I don't know how true this is, but rumour has it Heroes is back in April. Whether this be to our TV screens, or back in filming I don't know.

Archaeis
February 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
You're talking about candance, right? I don't think that he will have gotten her power since all of his powers were disabled the virus, including his original of absorbtion/intuitive aptitude. So, when they were restored by the vaccine, all of the ones he acquired through his power returned, but he didn't have his own to acquire Candance's in the first place.

the fifth man
February 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I'll just be happy to see Sylar getting back to what he does best.

Aerilon
February 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
You're talking about candance, right? I don't think that he will have gotten her power since all of his powers were disabled the virus, including his original of absorbtion/intuitive aptitude. So, when they were restored by the vaccine, all of the ones he acquired through his power returned, but he didn't have his own to acquire Candance's in the first place.Hmm... I didn't think of that, and yeah, I did mean Candice.

I think then, for the remainder of this thread, we should assume (until we find out otherwise) that Sylar has got her power. :)

adam3780
February 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
i have to point out that candices power changed how she looked by bending light (according to mica) so she couldn't actually change anything just how people perceived it

Rock
February 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hiro stop time and slice him into pieces.
Dunno. I'm just finnished with season 1.

wise one
February 22nd, 2008, 07:30 AM
i just hope it doesnt make sylar boring if he keeps using that power

the powers he has now are so cool and that he doesnt harld use them apart from the telekinisis

angelamia
February 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I already think Sylar is boring. I was like "uggh" when we saw him back in season 2

Korean_Turtle87
March 3rd, 2008, 02:41 AM
I already think Sylar is boring. I was like "uggh" when we saw him back in season 2

ya. same. the sylar-maya-alexandro story was boring

Allestian
March 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
:(

Aww don't say the storyline is boring in season two...I think it starts again in the UK in a week or two.

I adore Sylar...

I don't think he'll use Candice's power (If he turns out to have it all) since it seems to be one that needs a lot of practice to pull off...he'll probably struggle and not use it.

*One can hope*

:D

March 24th, 2008, 05:34 AM
why doesn't peter just sacrifice himself to sylar, then sylar would have no reason to kill anymore right?

Allestian
March 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Anyone else agree that it's starting to sound a bit like Highlander???

I can just imagine Sylar stood before Peter, both ready to fight, and Sylar saying the words. "There can be only one, Petrelli..."

:P

SG13-NightOps
March 26th, 2008, 06:27 AM
You're talking about candance, right? I don't think that he will have gotten her power since all of his powers were disabled the virus, including his original of absorbtion/intuitive aptitude. So, when they were restored by the vaccine, all of the ones he acquired through his power returned, but he didn't have his own to acquire Candance's in the first place.

I always thought Sylar's ability was more just knowing how things worked. What made it "tick" (hence the ticking clock everytime we see him). By the time he run into Candice, he had taken so many abilities from others that taking hers would have been like second nature and unlikely to mess it up.

There was something in one of the episodes about it all just being pieces needing to be put together.

GateofDOOM
April 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Anyone else agree that it's starting to sound a bit like Highlander???

I can just imagine Sylar stood before Peter, both ready to fight, and Sylar saying the words. "There can be only one, Petrelli..."

:P

YES!!!
I was just thinking this...when I was re-watching "How to Stop an Exploding Man".
:D

The Peter/Sylar conflict will only be resolved in a climatic showdown!
...again!

gloriaelisa
July 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Ohh!!! I'm a Zachary Quinto fan, so, I wish the heroes eliminate him, and Zach move to Atlantis to replace Woolsey... ;)

Aerilon
July 22nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
^^ Good Luck with that. He can currently be found on the Enterprise. ;)

Colonel Eriksen
September 23rd, 2008, 07:15 AM
This clip shows that Sylar gains two more powers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9_Trb-vXKg

Invisibility and Impenetrable skin but Sylar donít have those powers

When he go after Claire

So do you thing he will get those power later on?

And what powers do you thing he have now?

Aerilon
September 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Considering they're 'behind the scenes' I doubt they're considered official.

flameling
September 23rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Invisibility? I hope he doesn't get Claude.

Madwelshboy
October 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM
The shock revelation that Sylar is part of the Petrelli family in Heroes did not impress Milo Ventiglia and Adrian Pasdar when they were first told.

Ventimiglia, who plays Peter Petrelli, told E! Online that he and on-screen brother Pasdar were both initially unhappy, saying: "Somebody asked us at the same time and we were in the room together. We just kind of turned and looked at each other and said, 'Well, there's not really room'."

Pasdar joked: "We were thinking, 'There's no room in the womb! No room at the inn!' But finally we said, 'Zach [Sylar actor Zachary Quinto], we love you and we'll take you in'."

"We'll show him what it's like to be a Petrelli, to have grown up a Petrelli," he added. "And by the way, you think you know but you don't know the full story. I can't really get into that."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a131753/heroes-stars-discuss-sylar-twist.html

knowles2
October 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I still think she said that so she could control him. I think she just made it up to try and regain control of the future, the only way she can do that is if she fines someone who can take on and defeat future peter and the only person who can do that is sylar. That if future peter and present peter does not gang up on him.

But I still want to meet the person behind the company. I mean the way she said she now taking charge sound like she was chosen by someone else to move in. And also their sound like their board of the company. But virtually everyone of the founders are dead so I am wondering who on that board. But that does not really belong in this thread.

Madwelshboy
October 5th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I still think she said that so she could control him. I think she just made it up to try and regain control of the future, the only way she can do that is if she fines someone who can take on and defeat future peter and the only person who can do that is sylar. That if future peter and present peter does not gang up on him.

But I still want to meet the person behind the company. I mean the way she said she now taking charge sound like she was chosen by someone else to move in. And also their sound like their board of the company. But virtually everyone of the founders are dead so I am wondering who on that board. But that does not really belong in this thread.

The company was set up by the founder along with Adam. Angela said when se took control of the company "the line of command falls to me" (so sumtmhin along those line" which suggests that each of the founders where ranked in some order (e.g Bob was ranked higher than Angela)

Madwelshboy
October 16th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Zachary Quinto has discussed his views on the inner turmoil of his Heroes character Sylar.

Speaking to the Radio Times about Sylar's behaviour in the current season, Quinto said: "He is in great conflict within himself and you get to see different shades of his character, some a little less threatening than others, but that darkness and evil that he serves have a great power over him and I don't know if that power is surmountable."

He added: "We establish in the first episode of the season that he doesn't eat brains. He has a different relationship to them - which is not edible!"

Quinto, soon to be seen as Spock in J.J. Abrams's new Star Trek movie, joked: "I don't think my eyebrows factored into the decision to hire me as Sylar, but once I got the job, they played into my characterisation of this man. Spock is a pretty eyebrow-centric character in his own right, too."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a132558/heroes-star-explains-sylar-turmoil.html

the fifth man
October 16th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Actually, I have really liked the other sides of Sylar we have gotten to see this season.