Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes Spinoff Announced

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070514/...DCIFOKnIDMWM0F

To stretch the normal 22-episode season of "Heroes," which faltered after its long hiatus this year, NBC will add "Heroes: Origins." The spinoff will introduce a new character each week, and viewers will select which one stays for the following season. The two series will have 30 new episodes combined.

The six-episode "Heroes: Origins" series is a novel way for a network to address one of its chief unpleasant lessons this season: viewers are impatient when their favorite serials disappear into reruns for a huge chunk of the year. Each episode will introduce a potential new character, and the most popular chosen by fans will join the "Heroes" cast full time.
    Voting for Heroes? I mean I like the idea of another show (Can never have to much Heroes), but what is this, American Idol?
    sigpic

I'm curious to see how it'll work out. And I think voting characters onto a show is an interesting approach. Dunno if it's a good idea and I dunno if it'll work, but I'm certainly gonna tune in to see how it all develops and cast my vote if I think someone's particularly good.

Comment

I just read some more about this and it seems like it will air during next season's hiatus to keep the interest while on break and we will be voting in a character for season 3...
      sigpic

Comment

I think it hasn't been decided yet although the article I read seemed to think that the bigwigs were leaning towards airing it in the break between the finale and the S2 premiere. We could very well get something else to bridge the gap for the S2 hiatus.

Networks are finally catching on to the idea that hiatus = ratings death.

Comment

wow - one show actually understands that viewers views (oddly enough) do count!

Oh and they recognise that their viewers have a life outside of their favourite shows, and will turn off unless their interest remains piqued.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Haha, T.V. execs are morons. Take that your reruns liking *******s

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Networks are finally catching on to the idea that hiatus = ratings death.
              It's about time. It sure took them long enough.

I actually think this is a pretty interesting idea. I'm very intrigued on how this will work out.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is an interesting idea. However, you just know people are gonna be pissed when their favourite doesn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                  This is an interesting idea. However, you just know people are gonna be pissed when their favourite doesn't win.
                  Well, of course. That's just the way things go.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't know how I fell about this. Trying to maximize how much they can make off of the franchise as fast as they can. At least that is the way it seems to me.

: Green is Good.
                    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

That's an interesting idea, I'm curious to see if it works out.

Comment

It seems unclear as to when they're going to be airing these. If it's during this summer, I don't know that it'll work. Next summer seems more logical from a storyline standpoint. But if they make it work, I won't complain...
                        Spoiler:
                        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          wow - one show actually understands that viewers views (oddly enough) do count!

Oh and they recognise that their viewers have a life outside of their favourite shows, and will turn off unless their interest remains piqued.
                          Yeah imagine that. Why did it take so long?

Comment

not really sure what to think of this
                            sigpic
                            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                              Or... we can have the Peter PEtrelli show for 3 months. >:|

Comment

Working...
                              X