This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans ascending??

With all the spoilers we are seeing for various eps, who here feels that the asurans might finally find the answer to their 'wanting to ascend'?

If they do, do you think the rest of the ascended beings would LET them?

^ i dont think they can... you need workign brain. like you need what ever it is ammount of brain usage. the asurans can't do that. they might be able to dupe the abilities. but thats all. and because its not a singal being its 100000000000000000000000000 (give or take a few 100000000000000000000000000) nanobots.

Comment

they can clone an anicent and transfer their subconicous (spelling) like the asgard, bada bing bada boom you have ascended.

Comment

if it where possible for them to ascend they kind of need daniel for that!
        Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          With all the spoilers we are seeing for various eps, who here feels that the asurans might finally find the answer to their 'wanting to ascend'?

If they do, do you think the rest of the ascended beings would LET them?
          i reckon if one was to ascend, all would ascend as they pass information - if that was to happen i bet it would be either when they are about to kill Atlantis or they finally became allies with Atlantis and they managed to overcome the anger intergrated into there base code.

--My two cents--

Comment

When it comes down to it cells are alot like machines, they have programing codes (DNA), burn fuel for energy (digesting sugars for their chemical energy) communicate with electrical impulses, and have complicated "machinery" able to produce everything it needs from raw materials (producing all the chemicals the body needs from raw materials).

So why can't Asuran's ascend?
            sigpic

Comment

Ascending without help involves evolving to the point where the body can become pure energy i don't know if the Asurans could change in that way
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                Ascending without help involves evolving to the point where the body can become pure energy i don't know if the Asurans could change in that way
                Well it has always been one of their primary goals and even though they are machines I think if they all devoted themselves to it they could garner enough energy to ascend as a group and if that happens........
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

well maybe the machine in ToR may have something to do with artificially assisting their bids to ascend.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                  ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

i stil think there is something spiritual needed to ascend and the asurans are machines like they said when first met the refined ancient tech! unless the asurans become more like flesh. so that they can create something spiritual within!

to help them ascend
                    Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

I believe they could if they wanted too. They're currently driven by other motives, but if they sorted themselves out, then they would be able too I believe.

Think about what was said in the first episode, when Weir and co+ met them.
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I think that the Asurans are not ready to ascend. Not because of their artificial
                        bodies, but more likely because they'd need to have the correct spiritual level:
                        leave their anger and fears behind and reach a certain spiritual balance ...

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                          I think that the Asurans are not ready to ascend. Not because of their artificial
                          bodies, but more likely because they'd need to have the correct spiritual level:
                          leave their anger and fears behind and reach a certain spiritual balance ...
                          Agreed they have to find a way to rid themselves of their violent urges.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyku View Post
                            i stil think there is something spiritual needed to ascend and the asurans are machines like they said when first met the refined ancient tech! unless the asurans become more like flesh. so that they can create something spiritual within!

to help them ascend
                            How are you defining spiritual here? The Ori are ascended beings but they can hardly be described as spiritually evolved in the usual sense of the term.

Spoiler:
                            The Tao of Rodney and Unending (SG1 episode) indicate that Ascension is a purely materialistic event - all the 'spirituality/meditation' stuff is simply a technique to alter the way the brain behaves. Neurotheology, while still a controversial line of research, is exploring the neurological basis of spiritual experiences and what meditation actually does. etc. In my opinion it ties in very well with the process of Ascension as it's been developed in the Stargate universe. If transforming one's body into energy required spirituality in the conventional meaning of the term, the Ori would never have done it. Conversely, the Asgard wouldn't have been barred from it just because they had irreparable genetic flaws.

The Asurans won't be able to ascend in exactly the same manner as organic life forms because they're machines. This doesn't mean that there can't be a way of transforming non organic bodies into energy, though. Also, why couldn't a sentient non-organic machine evolve spirituality? What's so special about biological machines?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              How are you defining spiritual here? The Ori are ascended beings but they can hardly be described as spiritually evolved in the usual sense of the term.
                              Huh? what makes you say that? We know that they focused on religion while the Ancients were more into science, we also know they started off with good intentions when they first ascended.

Comment

Working...
                              X