This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions you want answered in S4

We've been promised some major plot-twists/revelations in the fourth season of SGA. My quesiton, what do you want to be revealed or learn more about?

Engage speculation... now!
    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Where do the Wraith get their leathers?

I don't see cows.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

What makes Shep's hair stand up like that?

My guess? Shep's secretly an Ancient and uses his telekinetic powers to make his hair defy gravity!

Comment

I want to know what the beam thing was from 1x17.

Comment

Furlings? Nah!

OK, I'd like to know how the Wraith managed to defeat the almighty Lanteans. Did the Wraith have allies or something?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
            We've been promised some major plot-twists/revelations in the fourth season of SGA. My quesiton, what do you want to be revealed or learn more about?

Engage speculation... now!
            Virtually everything!

We still don't know virtually anything about the Wraith as a species & their technology, we know nothing of how Lantean tech is constructed, like Drones.

In the beginning we were told that the lost city of the Ancients had powerful weapons that would have allowed them to defeat Anubis & the Goa'uld. Yet we actually haven't seen anything of that other than weapons, despite McKay saying it had other defensive systems. We haven't seen them get anything from the database yet that's of real value.

Although I'm a bit skeptical on their definition of revelations. I remember reading an answer JM gave on his old thread about Drones & how they were made. He responded to the question that more would be revealed in 2nd half of S2. Turned out to be 'The Tower' which actually showed no insight to the Drones whatsoever.

So I'll hold out to keep my expectations down as I feel what fans want & what fans usually get are two completely different things entirely!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I want to know what the beam thing was from 1x17.
              No need, it's already been explained by Martin Gero that it was dropped to tag the planet.

Basically a Wraith version of a life signs detector. Which allows them to know if anyone thinks they are smart by hiding out on a culled planet, simply because they'll assume the Wraith won't ever have a reason to go back to it again!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                Furlings? Nah!

OK, I'd like to know how the Wraith managed to defeat the almighty Lanteans. Did the Wraith have allies or something?
                I thought they answered this in S1 or S2, the Wraith were larger in numbers, much much much larger. So they were able to over power the Lanteans. Not only that, they got pretty wicked cruisers. And even the Lanteans are susceptible to a blast by a wraith stunner--i.e. din-din!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  Where do the Wraith get their leathers?

I don't see cows.
                  Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  What makes Shep's hair stand up like that?

My guess? Shep's secretly an Ancient and uses his telekinetic powers to make his hair defy gravity!
                  *snort*
                  click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                    I thought they answered this in S1 or S2, the Wraith were larger in numbers, much much much larger. So they were able to over power the Lanteans. Not only that, they got pretty wicked cruisers. And even the Lanteans are susceptible to a blast by a wraith stunner--i.e. din-din!
                    But that's exacly what doesn't make sense... The technology gap between the Lanteans and the Wraith was huge. Even if there had been gazillions of Wraith in PG, the Lanteans would have wiped them out easily unless they had some assistance to establish themselves as a spacefaring race and so on.
                    sigpic

Comment

But that's exacly what doesn't make sense... The technology gap between the Lanteans and the Wraith was huge. Even if there had been gazillions of Wraith in PG, the Lanteans would have wiped them out easily unless they had some assistance to establish themselves as a spacefaring race and so on.
                      I don't know. I think it's entirely possible that the Lanteans were so completely overwhelmed by the wraith that their resources were simply spread way too thin. In such a case it's more than conceivable that the wraith simply became too much for them to take on. Without the ability to completely rally their forces together the wraith, though perhaps less technologically savvy, would definitely be at an advantage.

I think the biggest thing I want more of is the character revelations/development we've been promised. Though I'd love it if we could find out something else about the city. Perhaps some piece of useful information/tech.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Well I don't know if I agree. If we look at episodes like Aurora (to a lesser extent), Michael, Sateda, and recently
                        Spoiler:
                        Vengeance
                        . The Wraith are extremely extremely intelligent and a little information takes them a long way. Further more, we have no clue the full extent of their mental abilities and the amount of recon they need to learn it.

They could have just captured a few Lanteans and figured out some way to upgrade. There really is no need to have an ally out there to do. They are afterall superhuman---and their brain-hopping ability gives them that extra advantage. Super strength and violence can also manipulate any smart man to do something fo ryou if they want to live or want to save their family. Long live blackmail and violent manipulation <---the wraith need to provide very little incentive to get much action.

Add all of the above and numbers...the Lanteans were screwed.

Comment

the questions i'm interested in having answered are all sam-based questions. (it's all i know so far)

*just what kind of commander is sam?

*are/did sam and jack get together.

*how does sam fit in at the base?

*how does sam fit in with everyone?

*is she happy there, or just fulfilling her duty?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I've used this example before, but who do you think will win if I throw you into a giant pit of fire ants?

Take your time...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I've used this example before, but who do you think will win if I throw you into a giant pit of fire ants?

Take your time...
                              I'd green you, but I give you far too much love it seems. That was great, and just as cringe worthy as Bea Arthur naked.

Comment

Working...
                              X