PDA

View Full Version : "Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoiler)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PG15
May 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM
What we know so far about this episode:

From JM:

It’s the second part of the mid-season two-parter compliments of Marty G. I predict it will vie for the title of Season Four Fan Favorite Episode. We’ll see if the title sticks.

Also, courtesy of The Stargate Atlantis Spoiler Community (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/):

The second part of the mid-season two parter will be a “science geek episode”, featuring “a lot of space ships and advanced technology at work” and will in some way involve the legacy of the Asgard’s technology left to the human race in SG1’s Unending. The episode will be written by Martin Gero.

Discuss away!

parisindy
May 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
wow this eppy has the same name as my favorite andromeda episode :)

PG15
May 9th, 2007, 05:12 PM
The title is a quote from Hamlet; specifically, it's part of this famous soliloquy (also note episode 410's title in there):

HAMLET
To be, or not to be: that is the question: (3.1.55)
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep; (3.1.59)
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub; (3.1.64)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life; (3.1.68)
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear, (3.1.75)
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn <--- Star Trek 6! :D
No traveller returns, puzzles the will (3.1.79)
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, (3.1.84)
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.--Soft you now! (3.1.87)
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd. (3.1.89)

That last part is explained:

Hamlet sees Ophelia:
After a few more words about how thinking stops action, Hamlet sees Ophelia and greets her. His greeting, like his soliloquy, is surprising. Ophelia has dumped him, and he has paid her a strange, silent visit that frightened her, but now he says "Nymph, in thy orisons / Be all my sins remember'd" (3.1.88-89). A "nymph" is a minor goddess of a field, forest, or stream, and a "nymph" is any beautiful girl that could be thought to look like a nymph. In short, Hamlet just called Ophelia something like "babe," and asked her to pray for him.

All from here:

http://www.clicknotes.com/hamlet/H31.html

parisindy
May 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM
yup knew that to..believe it or not i have read Shakespeare ;)

but thanks for the direct quote

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM
The title is a quote from Hamlet; specifically, it's part of this famous soliloquy (also note episode 410's title in there):

That last part is explained:

All from here:

Wow nice quote I didnt realize that. This ep sounds very interesting, lets just hope we get to keep this technology.

Alipeeps
May 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM

Awesome coincidence... I've just this evening re-watched Dr Who ep 3x02 The Shakespeare Code... in which Shakespeare comes up with the line "To be or not to be.." and the Dr tells him, "You should write that down." Shakespeare thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I don't know.. bit pretentious maybe?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

scifi_lemon
May 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
All from here:

If you look in the poem closely, you'll see references to other SGA episodes: Travelers ("from where no traveler returens), The Real World maybe (with all the talk of sleeping and dreaming.

As we find out more about this two-parter, I think that it's going to be about the Ancients. "shucking off this mortal coil", fear of death... that sounds a lot like ascension to me. The fear of death might sound contradicory because ascension is a sort of death, but when Oma offered ascension to Daniel again in S8, she basically said that he could ascend or die and no one wants to go down that road. Well, unless they have issues ;)

We also know that the Ancients have "sinned" a lot and have done as much harm as good over their thousands of years of rule. From the mention of spaceship battles, I think this is going to deal with their great and "remembered sins" with the Asurans and the Wraith.

How does that sound? Close, waaaay off or "omg that's awesome!"?

vaberella
May 9th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I figured it had to do with Michael. Tragic son you're unsure whether he is mad, or a product of his socially debilitating environment. A reactionary self-destructive puppet. ~sigh~

Poor Michael.

PG15
May 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
JM has said that Michael does not appear in the front half of Season 4; now, this ep is obviously not part of the front half, but seeing as it's part 2 of a front half ep, I'm guessing Michael is not involved.

vaberella
May 9th, 2007, 07:06 PM
JM has said that Michael does not appear in the front half of Season 4; now, this ep is obviously not part of the front half, but seeing as it's part 2 of a front half ep, I'm guessing Michael is not involved.

Or JM is going by a count. Maybe the story starts off with those bloody bugs in the first half and ends with him..isn't this like a three parter.

Now I might push some buttons...maybe another cast member dies?! Isn't it Gero who likes to kill characters or is that Binder?! :D I need to keep my mouth shut, before we see a Save Zelenka thread.

PG15
May 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Gero is indeed the reaper.

But don't fear him; there is no need. ;)

I wonder if anyone got that reference...

scifi_lemon
May 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM

Sadly, I did. Blue Oyster Cult, "Don't Fear the Reaper". Good song :P

vaberella
May 9th, 2007, 07:23 PM

I got the reference...you're doomed anyway. :D Figured as much. We all know that Hamlet died at the end...and that actually happens to be my favorite scene with my favorite line.

Hamlet. O, I die, Horatio!
The potent poison quite o'ercrows my spirit. 4015
I cannot live to hear the news from England,
But I do prophesy th' election lights
On Fortinbras. He has my dying voice.
So tell him, with th' occurrents, more and less,
Which have solicited- the rest is silence. Dies.

Horatio. Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince,
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!

It's absolutely pathetic and the impact just breathtaking. Meh, I had a thing for Horatio. Hamlet was second best in my heart. :o

Royalty of some kind die?! Those in lead positions?! John would be a good Hamlet as a matter of fact, Michael is more poetic.

monkey_man132
May 9th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Wow this episode sounds cool I was hoping to find out what episode we might see Asgard legacy in. Well we might see tech earlier. Thats it everyone thats all spoiler talk I'm doing. Cause of spoilers I've ruined second half of season 3/10 and I'm in USA. Who am I kidding? I need help for my spoiler issues. :sheppardanime32:

scifi_lemon
May 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Wow this episode sounds cool I was hoping to find out what episode we might see Asgard legacy in. Well we might see tech earlier. Thats it everyone thats all spoiler talk I'm doing. Cause of spoilers I've ruined second half of season 3/10 and I'm in USA. Who am I kidding? I need help for my spoiler issues. :sheppardanime32:

It's hard to go SIX FRIGGIN' MONTHS!!!!!!! without a spoiler. I too have succumbed to spoiler-addiction, but I succeeded in not reading the transcripts, just the summeries. More power to me! ;)

vaberella
May 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
We got a title, possible spaceship battles, and asgard tech...we got nothing.

On another note...will this be an important ep in the lead in two eps with Carson. Can someone please give me an example of Asgard Tech from Unending...

Cause what I heard of Unending, people did some things, then forgot the things they did except for one cause he's like...not quite human. :D

PG15
May 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM
There were in essence Star Trek Replicators in Unending. Oh, and of course, a time dialation field.

Irish Eyes
May 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Wow nice quote I didnt realize that. This ep sounds very interesting, lets just hope we get to keep this technology.

Better hope it's not a ship! ;)

Alipeeps
May 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM
There were in essence Star Trek Replicators in Unending. Oh, and of course, a time dialation field.

And a big honking energy beam weapon... :D

SazZat
May 10th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Oooo interesting title. Even more interesting that both titles of the 2 parter appear in that soliloquy. Surely that means that there is some more clues in it somewhere?...Maybe?

Anyway I was just on this website reading a (rather snarkastic but amusing) analysis of the whole solilioquy and this bit made me go oooo:

http://members.aol.com/PhilM4/page3.html

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

The Trekkies are fond of seizing on this line due to the title of “Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.” New Agers, however, insist that the country is Atlantis.

Not that offers anything helpful, but still, another Atlantis link ;)

Ruffles
May 10th, 2007, 09:09 AM
We got a title, possible spaceship battles, and asgard tech...we got nothing.

On another note...will this be an important ep in the lead in two eps with Carson. Can someone please give me an example of Asgard Tech from Unending...

Cause what I heard of Unending, people did some things, then forgot the things they did except for one cause he's like...not quite human. :D

The parts that were forgotten came after they received all the Asgard technology (weapons, etc). But more importantly (to me anyway) they got all the Asgard knowledge.

PG15
May 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM
And a big honking energy beam weapon... :D

Now how the heck did I miss that?!

Hmm...I’m sure that was an aspirin I took this morning... ;)

The Trekkies are fond of seizing on this line due to the title of “Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.”

Yep, did that. :D

SazZat
May 10th, 2007, 01:40 PM
'The undiscover'd country'

Apparently refers to death.
In context of the whole solilioquy, the whole thing seems to be about death and if it is wrong to be afraid of dying. Is it more noble to live a life unhappy or to give up and die...basically.

This makes me think more and more that the 2 parter is to do with the Asurans and their want for ascension.
And maybe the ascension machine will pop up again because of this. We know a lot of TMC is set on base, maybe that will be carried over to this. That is why a lot of it is on base.

I don't know. Clutching at straws here. I need to analyse the soliloquy a bit more. In my opinion though, I think that is where we will find most clues for now. They wouldn't name both episodes from that unless it had some link.

vaberella
May 10th, 2007, 01:47 PM
'The undiscover'd country'

Apparently refers to death.
In context of the whole solilioquy, the whole thing seems to be about death and if it is wrong to be afraid of dying. Is it more noble to live a life unhappy or to give up and die...basically.

This makes me think more and more that the 2 parter is to do with the Asurans and their want for ascension.
And maybe the ascension machine will pop up again because of this. We know a lot of TMC is set on base, maybe that will be carried over to this. That is why a lot of it is on base.

I don't know. Clutching at straws here. I need to analyse the soliloquy a bit more. In my opinion though, I think that is where we will find most clues for now. They wouldn't name both episodes from that unless it had some link.

I thought only a choice few wanted ascension. While Oberoth and with the support of the majority asurans believe they cannot ascend. I may be a bit weak on this point, as it was not my main focus of that episode. So I fail to see a two parter really developing that sort of b-story---while in reality their just our prime enemy next to the wraith. It just wouldn't make for showy tv. You may or may not be imply this view, but it seems reminiscint of Epiphany, which although I really liked, wouldn't want to see again.

Two pages in and I'm already borderline spec'ed-out.

Willow'sCat
May 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM
How do you lot go from a title (that is a stolen line anyway) to all this!?!? :confused: :P

It is going to be a long six months. :cool:

scifi_lemon
May 10th, 2007, 05:21 PM
How do you lot go from a title (that is a stolen line anyway) to all this!?!? :confused: :P

You over-analyze everything. ;) Six months?! Don't remind me :(

vaberella
May 10th, 2007, 06:06 PM

You're tellling me...that's why I was like, I'm spec'ed out. Watch all this be wrong. I don't think I can speculate any more, it gives me a headache---and quite frankly I'm crap at it. Then you're gonna have folks who believe the non-sense (assumption lovers). I'm gonna wait until the show airs the new eps---and send out my love to TPTB for a great show in the mean time.

Mitchell82
May 10th, 2007, 08:24 PM
You over-analyze everything. ;) Six months?! Don't remind me :(

No kidding don't remind me either.

SazZat
May 11th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Ahhh well I find speculation to be fun at this stage. This is the stage where we can come up with a zillion and one crazy ideas and at the moment not be wrong. As soon as more spoilery details are given, I get bored and give up.
I guess it's about whether you like being imaginative and creative or if you prefer some solid facts to make a more logical argument. Logic versus the dreamer argument.
Speculation doesn't have to be serious, it can be fun. That's how I see it anyway. At this stage the only damage that reading into things will do is broaden your mind (I mean come on, we're all reading Shakespeare because of this lol) and give your imagination and thought complex a little bit of a work out ;)

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Ahhh well I find speculation to be fun at this stage. This is the stage where we can come up with a zillion and one crazy ideas and at the moment not be wrong. As soon as more spoilery details are given, I get bored and give up.
I guess it's about whether you like being imaginative and creative or if you prefer some solid facts to make a more logical argument. Logic versus the dreamer argument.
Speculation doesn't have to be serious, it can be fun. That's how I see it anyway. At this stage the only damage that reading into things will do is broaden your mind (I mean come on, we're all reading Shakespeare because of this lol) and give your imagination and thought complex a little bit of a work out ;)

I agree, but it can get a bit... old.

PG15
May 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Some tiny details:

Scifan writes: “Can you give us a hint about "Be All My Sins Remember'd"? Is it just about one member of the team or all of them?”

Answer: All of them. And then some.

Mitchell82
May 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Some tiny details:

Hmm sounds great.

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Some tiny details:

I wonder who the 'and them some' includes...

Mitchell82
May 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM

Mabey he means Carson and Ford?

Alipeeps
May 11th, 2007, 07:00 PM

"And then some", in this context, means "really, really". I don't think he's saying, "It's about all the team - and then some other people too".. more that the episode is very much focused on the entire team.

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Mabey he means Carson and Ford?

Sadly, JM said that there'd be no Ford next season...

"And then some", in this context, means "really, really". I don't think he's saying, "It's about all the team - and then some other people too".. more that the episode is very much focused on the entire team.

That makes sense.

Mitchell82
May 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Agreed. It means that he will pull out all the stops on this.

scifi_lemon
May 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Agreed. It means that he will pull out all the stops on this.

I hope so too.

belanna30
May 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Well, don't we know that Weir is in "This Mortal Coil" could she be the "and then some" in addition to the typical team?

Also, I'm glad we found out about Asguards being in this. Woohoo! At least I guess a TINY bit right.

Mitchell82
May 13th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Well, don't we know that Weir is in "This Mortal Coil" could she be the "and then some" in addition to the typical team?

Also, I'm glad we found out about Asguards being in this. Woohoo! At least I guess a TINY bit right.

Actually isnt it just Asgard tech not the actual Asgards?

Alipeeps
May 14th, 2007, 02:31 AM

See above:

"And then some" is a phrase that means the same as "and how!"

Gen_J_O'Neill
May 14th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Very interesting title. I love it!

I'm wondering whether the line in JM's poem, 'and a grand battle looms' refers to something in this ep. Afterall it does have ships and battles, etc. Or has that line been associated with another ep already?

vaberella
May 14th, 2007, 06:31 AM
See above:

"And then some" is a phrase that means the same as "and how!"

You have to love the hilarity of how people need to be taught basic contextual English. :D

So how is this gonna work...I wonder what sins we'll be looking at---> Is this a prelude to a huge Michael b-story.

SazZat
May 15th, 2007, 02:38 AM
You have to love the hilarity of how people need to be taught basic contextual English. :D

So how is this gonna work...I wonder what sins we'll be looking at---> Is this a prelude to a huge Michael b-story.

Well considering a lot of people on here don't speak English as a first language, it seems perfectly understandable that they wouldn't know what JM meant.

sparkygate
May 15th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Nice episode, but isnt the title a little too long??

Finally we get to see some asgard technology in use and also some new tech INVENTED BY EARTH coming along... Shame though i wish thor didnt die... RIP... who know we might see him in a hologram form as carter is coming over to atlantis and i dont think she could stand the fact that some of the really cool asgard tech was left behind on earth instead of keeping her busy but then again ancient tech is pretty cool as well

Alipeeps
May 15th, 2007, 06:03 AM

It's a direct quote from Shakespeare... specifically, a famous soliloquy from Hamlet.

Mitchell82
May 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Finally we get to see some asgard technology in use and also some new tech INVENTED BY EARTH coming along... Shame though i wish thor didnt die... RIP... who know we might see him in a hologram form as carter is coming over to atlantis and i dont think she could stand the fact that some of the really cool asgard tech was left behind on earth instead of keeping her busy but then again ancient tech is pretty cool as well

It is a bit of a long title but it sounds like a great episode.

Redhooks
May 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Look at the spoilers from Main Page.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/05/spoilers_be_all_my_sins_remember.shtml

PG15
May 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Frick! That's the exact kind of super!spoilers that I can't read.

Looks like I'll have to be careful with this thread from now on...

rarocks24
May 18th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Look at the spoilers from Main Page.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/05/spoilers_be_all_my_sins_remember.shtml

7/50ish isn't too great though

monkey_man132
May 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Is this right from the GW article?

On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Heimdall's former work station. Do they mean Hermiod?

Alipeeps
May 18th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Do they mean Hermiod?

I think they probably do... I've seen that mistake made before...

monkey_man132
May 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think they probably do... I've seen that mistake made before...:confused: :confused: :confused: Someones has got do something! They can't mean Hiemdall because he was in Ida trying to save Asgard whole time and was never in Pegasus.

PS: I want my name on the "Thanks for correction", you hear that Gateworld?!?!? :)

prion
May 18th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Do they mean Hermiod?

The source material calls it "the former Asgard terminal." No Asgard is mentioned by name.

Alan
May 18th, 2007, 05:26 PM
This episode looks like it's going to be brilliant from what I've read here at Gateworld! And I'm getting a wish granted:Amanda Tapping and Mitch Pileggi sharing a scene together (hopefully the first of many) for the first time since 1996 when they appeared together in The X-Files episode Avatar! Fantastic! :) :) :) :)

prion
May 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM

We don't know if it's new tech. The asgard terminal has been retrofitted with some earth technology. Heck, they could be slapping a Blackberry on it for all we know ;)

rarocks24
May 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM
This episode looks like it's going to be brilliant from what I've read here at Gateworld! And I'm getting a wish granted:Amanda Tapping and Mitch Pileggi sharing a scene together for the first time since 1996 when they appeared together in The X-Files episode Avatar! Fantastic! :) :) :) :)

I did not know that. :eek:

Then again, I wasn't too big into X-Files. The alien episodes were fascinating, but the weird ones were just that, a bit too weird for my taste. I watched it on occasion.

Still, I wish them a good luck on their eppy.

rarocks24
May 18th, 2007, 05:32 PM
We don't know if it's new tech. The asgard terminal has been retrofitted with some earth technology. Heck, they could be slapping a Blackberry on it for all we know ;)

Blackberry, those are so 2005.

Nah, their slapping this, because it's the new modern breakthrough (http://www.apple.com/iphone/) NOT!!! :rolleyes:

sparkygate
May 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Well at least we know that they

upgraded the dadaelus and the apollo with the asgards new tech, also them allying themselves with 7 wraith hiveships WOW, a bit drastic for the wraith if they ae going against the Asurans, i mean we still have that anti-replicator weapon to wipe them out if we wanted too, but for the wraith to think they are a HUGE threat is like WHOA!

rarocks24
May 18th, 2007, 06:23 PM

upgraded the dadaelus and the apollo with the asgards new tech, also them allying themselves with 7 wraith hiveships WOW, a bit drastic for the wraith if they ae going against the Asurans, i mean we still have that anti-replicator weapon to wipe them out if we wanted too, but for the wraith to think they are a HUGE threat is like WHOA!

7 hive ships is nothing. Even with the suspected number of cruisers that comes along with those hive ships, that's still a significant portion of the Wraith fleet that has chosen to stand aside or go back to culling or whatever it is that they were planning to do. I don't think the Wraith were going to attack Atlantis because those seven hives would be...well, destroyed....very quickly.

Should we really use spoiler tags on a spoiler thread?

sparkygate
May 18th, 2007, 07:01 PM
7 hive ships is nothing. Even with the suspected number of cruisers that comes along with those hive ships, that's still a significant portion of the Wraith fleet that has chosen to stand aside or go back to culling or whatever it is that they were planning to do. I don't think the Wraith were going to attack Atlantis because those seven hives would be...well, destroyed....very quickly.

you know if those seven hiveship allied with us that, probably did look at the grad picture in the galaxy because we know well off the wriath have no means of defeating them, as for the other wriath they will be eventually wiped out because of the Ausrans and seven hiveships is better than nothing

freyr's mother
May 18th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Can anyone say............AMBUSH!?

There is no evidence to suggest that the wraith are even aware of the presence of the replicators. This is starting to become just stupid mistake after stupid mistake. But i wanna see the cool battle! *DROOLS*

Oreo
May 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Wow just when I thought Stargate reached a low they go even lower.

Atlantis has no allies, so why not team up with the Wraith to piss off everyone in the galaxy? Lame yet again.

scifi_lemon
May 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Here's something no one's addressed yet...

What about the captive Wraith who convinces the seven hive ships to ally themselves with us? Do you think it's the Wraith from CG, or a completly different one?

I'm not using spoiler tags. Down with the tags!!! :P

Steven_the_Atlantean
May 19th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Gosh teaming up with the wraith again, are we really that desperate! The wraith and the Asurans don’t really have dissimilar goals, they both want earth and to deal with it their own way. (Wraith – food, Asurans, destruction), in the end same results. Although the twist is the Asurans are weapons specifically designed to destroy wraith, and according to the wraith, the Asurans are a threat (obviously). We tried to have an alliance with the wraith but we were messing with two hive ships, BUT seven, like Teyla said “they are wraith…use of techniques such as tone, close shot…etc……..all emphasises that she’s implying “they can’t be trusted”, and how about Michael, his still on the run with his gang (numbers which we can assume are rapidly increasing). I am assuming we still have one ZPM, because if that ZPM is depleted in adrift or Lifeline we are totally screwed, lol the Daedalus and Apollo, ha please two ships against seven hives ( if it comes to that, obviously the hives would win) [10 depletes the cities shield with a ZPM powering it up]….so you get what I mean. I seriously have no idea where the producers are heading with this storyline!! Ah well!

ashman2
May 19th, 2007, 01:58 AM
While I think it probably is the Asurans, is it not possible that the 'common enemy' could be Michael with a vast army of Iratus soldiers? Sorry I don't really know what they're called because they're not really Wraith. He might have got himself a fleet of ships or something. From what I saw the spoiler didn't actually say who the enemy was. Just an idea though.

Vespasianus
May 19th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Erm... don't you complainers think that writers will build up the story up to this 'alliance'? You're assuming they will simply jump to this point. There will be 10, TEN episodes leading to Be All My Sins Remember'd. If you're so negative now, you won't enjoy the show at all, which is bad for everyone, including yourselves. Try to be more open-minded.

Colonel Eriksen
May 19th, 2007, 03:07 AM
The Atlantis team has allied themselves with a captured Wraith, a scientist who wants to help them against a common enemy. Under heavy guard, the Wraith helps McKay in his science lab.

some allied Wraith

hope it will go well

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 03:49 AM
JM said that the CG Wraith would be in 'The Seer' and could become a recurring character, so maybe it is him?

Episodes sounds great by the way. Regarding the 'don't trust the wraith' posts, the first time this happened it was an ambush where two hives pretended to be enemies to fool Atlantis. Unless the Wraith and Asurans are working together, I don't think they would. They would never share Earth, or even Pegasus willingly.

Plus regarding the Apollo and Daedalus vs 7 hives, remember they have both recieved Asgard upgrades at this point. I personally think that if one bc-304 (albeit upgraded with a ZPM) can take out two Ori motherships (it probably could have taken out more, had it been prepared and not caught of gaurd as they dropped out of hyperspace as soon as they did, that two BC-304s can take on 7 hive ships and atleast do ALOT of damage before they are destroyed.

Not that I think that is the way it will play personally.

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 04:06 AM
The sppoilers from Stargate Solutions, with a little bit of new info:

Summary: The Atlantis Expedition and the Wraith join forces to execute a daring plan against a common enemy.

McKay and a Wraith work together in a lab on Atlantis with two Marines keeping watch. They’re working together under an extreme time limit and McKay reassures the Wraith that they’ll be done as planned. The Wraith doesn’t believe the estimate is long enough, and McKay claims that he performs better under pressure. They’ve spent enough time together that the Wraith has picked up on McKay’s modus operandi and offers to speed up the process by threatening to feed on him. The Marines don’t take this as a joke, even as McKay tries to reassure them that it is, but he still moves as far from the Wraith as possible to continue his work.

In the meantime, both the Daedalus and the Apollo are in orbit over Atlantis. Carter is with Caldwell on his ship, looking at the upgrades that include a retrofit of an Asgard terminal. They discuss Carter’s command and how different it is from being on an SG team.

Later, the Wraith is with Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla on a puddle jumper. They’ve gone to the Wraith’s hive ship to negotiate the joining of forces. The Wraith’s fellow Wraith stunned the Expedition members so that they could talk with the Wraith in private. The Wraith wakes up Sheppard and tells him he’s managed to get seven hive ships instead of the twelve they had anticipated to join them. The Wraith explains that not all of the hives agreed to the plan and that some of them don’t have queens to create new soldiers should any of them be lost. Sheppard agrees that seven is better than none and they proceed with their plan.

While his team is out, McKay stays behind in Atlantis, this time working with Zelenka in the lab. They are conducting their experiments on a block of silvery metal [Although silvery metal has been seen on Stargate SG-1 as the appearance of the inert state of Replicator cells, the common enemy in this story is currently not known].

I think the stuff I highlited is new info?

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 04:10 AM

We don't know the extent of the upgrades to the Deadalus and Apollo unless they have the Asgard weapons 7 hives would beat them very easily...

This episode sounds amazing i think in season 4 we're finally getting a continual arch throughout the season! This seems to be something that's been coming together throughout the season...

Seer spoilers
We know the Wraith have atleast some knowledge of the Asurans in this episode and that we have possible Wraith allies

So bearing that in mind it looks like this storyline could come together quite well.

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 04:26 AM
This episode sounds amazing i think in season 4 we're finally getting a continual arch throughout the season! This seems to be something that's been coming together throughout the season...

Agree, happy that there will be 1 big storyline throughout the season. And also happy that the war arc is coming to fruition.

If this is the last season (!!hope not!!) A war for Pegasus would mean Atlantis would leave on a high.

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Agree, happy that there will be 1 big storyline throughout the season. And also happy that the war arc is coming to fruition.

If this is the last season (!!hope not!!) A war for Pegasus would mean Atlantis would leave on a high.

Yeah but the get the most out of a war like this i'd like atleast 2 more season to explore it fully!

It also looks like we're finally seeing depth to the Wraith! Wraith allies, motivations besides culling even maybe a little insight into how they reproduce!

I can't wait for this.

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Neither can I!

It is shaping up to be the best Atlantis season ever.

Gero said it himself, the writers have much more time to create and polish up the scripts, it should be of a much higher quality than previous seasons. At SG-1s expense of course, but that arm of the franchise is moving on to other things now, so it's OK:)

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Neither can I!

It is shaping up to be the best Atlantis season ever.

Gero said it himself, the writers have much more time to create and polish up the scripts, it should be of a much higher quality than previous seasons. At SG-1s expense of course, but that arm of the franchise is moving on to other things now, so it's OK:)

Well tbh i prefer atlantis especially the Wraith and the setting of the whole series.

And we've still got SG1 movies so it's not a total loss.

I wonder how this ties into the next episode, 'Spoils of War' obviously there's a battle.

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Perhapse 'Spoils of War' refers to the defeat of the Asuran goup at the battle, and us/the Wraith will go head to head to take something important from the wreckage? A still operational Asuran ship possibly?

I don't know, we'll see:)

Oh and Jill Wagner (The leader of the 'wild-card' race in 'Travelers') has announced that the race's second episode is 'Spoiles of War' on her IMDB message board.

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Perhapse 'Spoils of War' refers to the defeat of the Asuran goup at the battle, and us/the Wraith will go head to head to take something important from the wreckage? A still operational Asuran ship possibly?

I don't know, we'll see:)

Oh and Jill Wagner (The leader of the 'wild-card' race in 'Travelers') has announced that the race's second episode is 'Spoiles of War' on her IMDB message board.

I hope we keep this alliance with the Wraith, could be interesting...

If the 'Travelers' are also in the episode they could be attacking the Wraith after the battle, possibly endangering the alliance.

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Ooh yes, forced to make a decision, keep a temporary cease fire and relative peace with the Wraith and help them defend against 'the Travelers' or create an alliance with 'the Travleres' and help them battle the Wraith!

Would be great to watch!

Klenotka
May 19th, 2007, 05:57 AM
How do we know that it´s not Atlantis and people who will lose? It could be interesting to watch and nice change. Alliance with Wraith can be very fragile nad if Asurans and Wraith went together against people and their two ships...well, no comment to this. :)

I know that Asurans have that code which force them to fight against Wraith. But they were able to change the code once already so why not in this case?
They are both "children" of the same "parents" and people are descendants of Ancients. More reason for both those races to hate us. And it would make Asurans interesting and Warith would return to position of real bad guys. ;)

female Wraith
May 19th, 2007, 06:02 AM
I wonder why some of the hives are without queens?? May be the queen gives birth to only one female Wraith to 10 000 or more males? And what happened with the queens??? I hope this will be explained in Season 4.

marty2006
May 19th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Im liking the sound of this hopfully it will be the downfall of the asurans. Long live the wraith

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Im liking the sound of this hopfully it will be the downfall of the asurans. Long live the wraith

I want the Asurans to live on for atleast a couple of season so we can see some Wraith vs Asurans and to add a sense of peril to the show.

Though i much prefer the Wraith as a species and an enemy.

talyn2k1
May 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Its nice to see that we will finally be getting a 3rd dimension to the Wraith that hasn't been seen since 'Common Ground'.

Hopefully this ep will be the beginning of the end for the Asurans. I don't think the writers really realised when they created them, just how much of a flawed concept they were.

Not only do they possess all the knowledge and technology of the Ancients, but they themselves cannot be touched by normal weapons fire and the ARGs only last a few shots before they adapt.
Having them build 'normal' ships was, too me atleast, just a cheap escape from the truth we all know - if the Asurans stayed true to what they were, they would just form themselves into a fleet of ships and come and blow the hell out of Atlantis. They wouldn't bother building normal ships that could be blown up by a nuke.

They gave up on the Wraith as a main enemy far too quickly and hopefully this will be atleast a partial reversion of that. Having a group of Wraith as Yu/Ba`al-type characters and the rest as they have been will make for some interesting conflicts and, hopefully, some good space battles :D

Wraith_Boy
May 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Can anyone say............AMBUSH!?

There is no evidence to suggest that the wraith are even aware of the presence of the replicators. This is starting to become just stupid mistake after stupid mistake. But i wanna see the cool battle! *DROOLS*

In 'The Seer', it's proven that they are aware of them. So it's gotta be something that takes place at the start of S4 which kicks it all off. So it's not a mistake because it's been referenced earlier on in the season!

Here's something no one's addressed yet...

What about the captive Wraith who convinces the seven hive ships to ally themselves with us? Do you think it's the Wraith from CG, or a completly different one?

Look at spoiler pictures from 'The Seer' & you'll see it is him that they have in Atlantis!

Gosh teaming up with the wraith again, are we really that desperate! The wraith and the Asurans don’t really have dissimilar goals, they both want earth and to deal with it their own way. (Wraith – food, Asurans, destruction), in the end same results.

The big difference is that Wraith can't get to a new galaxy, while Asurans can. Therefore theya re the bigger threat. If they are allowed to go free, then they could potentially destroy not only humans in Pegasus, but also in Pegasus & the MW. The humans don't have the ability to take on Asurans in battles because they only have 2 ships at their disposal. Whereas Wraith have many more & also are used to battling Lantean technologies. An alliance is the only possible outcome against a bigger threat. Asurans don't need anyone, they have the capabilities to wipe out both on their own. It's in the humans & Wraith's best interests to wipe out the Asurans. The other reason that the Wraith have is that if they get their hands on Lantean hyperdrives, then they'll be able to get to the new feeding ground anyhow. So they can't lose either way because if they do nothing, Asurans will wipe them out as a species.

Of course the alliance will never be permanent, Wraith will backstab them at the first glimpse of them getting new hyperdrives & head to the MW. Humans can't obviously allow that to happen, but as of right now the Reps are the biggest threat. Once they are taken care of, the Atlantis expedition can use the captured Asuran tech (ships, weapons, power sources etc), then turn their attentions to the Wraith.

Not really, in 'The Siege II' they sent 3, then another 12 towards capturing Atlantis. However 7 Hives + a potential 21 Cruisers, many thousands of Wraith who have experience in battling Lantean technologies are better on your side than not. Even if they can't be trusted one little bit. Worst comes to the worst, you get them into a firefight, if things go bad, you run & leave them. If they win such a battle, then Asurans are dealt a major blow. This will make Asurans even more out to wipe the Wraith out as a species. If they fail, then Asurans have eliminated all those Wraith & their ships.

At the end up though, we know Wraith are only out for themselves. So as long as team remember that & don't totally trust them, then they can't lose.

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 09:07 AM
In 'The Seer', it's proven that they are aware of them. So it's gotta be something that takes place at the start of S4 which kicks it all off. So it's not a mistake because it's been referenced earlier on in the season!

Look at spoiler pictures from 'The Seer' & you'll see it is him that they have in Atlantis!

The big difference is that Wraith can't get to a new galaxy, while Asurans can. Therefore theya re the bigger threat. If they are allowed to go free, then they could potentially destroy not only humans in Pegasus, but also in Pegasus & the MW. The humans don't have the ability to take on Asurans in battles because they only have 2 ships at their disposal. Whereas Wraith have many more & also are used to battling Lantean technologies. An alliance is the only possible outcome against a bigger threat. Asurans don't need anyone, they have the capabilities to wipe out both on their own. It's in the humans & Wraith's best interests to wipe out the Asurans. The other reason that the Wraith have is that if they get their hands on Lantean hyperdrives, then they'll be able to get to the new feeding ground anyhow. So they can't lose either way because if they do nothing, Asurans will wipe them out as a species.

Of course the alliance will never be permanent, Wraith will backstab them at the first glimpse of them getting new hyperdrives & head to the MW. Humans can't obviously allow that to happen, but as of right now the Reps are the biggest threat. Once they are taken care of, the Atlantis expedition can use the captured Asuran tech (ships, weapons, power sources etc), then turn their attentions to the Wraith.

Not really, in 'The Siege II' they sent 3, then another 12 towards capturing Atlantis. However 7 Hives + a potential 21 Cruisers, many thousands of Wraith who have experience in battling Lantean technologies are better on your side than not. Even if they can't be trusted one little bit. Worst comes to the worst, you get them into a firefight, if things go bad, you run & leave them. If they win such a battle, then Asurans are dealt a major blow. This will make Asurans even more out to wipe the Wraith out as a species. If they fail, then Asurans have eliminated all those Wraith & their ships.

At the end up though, we know Wraith are only out for themselves. So as long as team remember that & don't totally trust them, then they can't lose.

where are these pictures of 'the seer'?

ashman2
May 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM
where are these pictures of 'the seer'?

Joe Mallozzi's blog every once in a while has photos from them shooting scenes of either Stargate Atlantis or the SG-1 films. The link from memory is http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com I should probably be embarrassed that I can remember that but hey!

SGFerrit
May 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM
A good place to watch for pics is The Stargate Atlantis Spoiler Community (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/).

They take the ones from Mallozzi's blog, and others from other places.:)

Page for The Seer (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/6830.html#cutid1)

Buba uognarf
May 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Joe Mallozzi's blog every once in a while has photos from them shooting scenes of either Stargate Atlantis or the SG-1 films. The link from memory is http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com I should probably be embarrassed that I can remember that but hey!

thanks i know about the site i was hoping for something direct lol :)

Alipeeps
May 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Its nice to see that we will finally be getting a 3rd dimension to the Wraith that hasn't been seen since 'Common Ground'.

I don't think the Wraith referred to in spoilers about this ep is going to be the Common Ground wraith. It looks to me like these spoilers have come from casting sides for the episode.. and the sides seem to consist of scenes featuring the Wraith.. which means the Wraith character is one they are looking to cast a guest actor for (hence the need to produce casting sides). So I think it'll be a Wraith we've not seen before.

If the Wraith was going to be the one from Common Ground, then they wouldn't need to cast the role as Chris Heyerdahl would be playing him again.

rarocks24
May 19th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think the Wraith referred to in spoilers about this ep is going to be the Common Ground wraith. It looks to me like these spoilers have come from casting sides for the episode.. and the sides seem to consist of scenes featuring the Wraith.. which means the Wraith character is one they are looking to cast a guest actor for (hence the need to produce casting sides). So I think it'll be a Wraith we've not seen before.

If the Wraith was going to be the one from Common Ground, then they wouldn't need to cast the role as Chris Heyerdahl would be playing him again.
Well, BamBam could play one. He played Mr. Oakley in Sateda.

Alipeeps
May 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well, BamBam could play one. He played Mr. Oakley in Sateda.

Only in the indoor fight scene... ;)

The fact is, if they've released casting sides for the role of the Wraith, then it means they are holding auditions to cast this role. So it's doubtful it's gonna be played by any of the regular gang and it means it's very unlikely that the Wraith will be a "character" Wraith that we have seen before...

Mitchell82
May 19th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Well they ally themselves with him so I'd bet it is the Common Ground Wraith. It can't be Michael as he isnt trusted anymore. I can't see them allying with another Wraith.

Wraith_Boy
May 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM

I'm going for it to be him myself because he's involved a few eps earlier. Which we know he is on Atlantis. He respects Shep, so can't honestly see another Wraith suddenly so willing to help & stick around them, as well as giving back their weapons & so on. That may be a bit too soon to actually realistically believe for a brand new Wraith character, but the CG Wraith already has that rapport with the team built up previously. So would seem a more believeable course of action for him to take because he already has a history with them.

However if it's another Wraith indeed, then he's probably one of the ones taken from the Hives that are headed towards Atlantis revealed in 'The Seer'. Which probably takes place in 'This Mortal Coil'. Most likely why Daedalus & Apollo are both in the galaxy at the same time, rather than just one. They'll probably battle the Hives. Destroy one or all thanks to their new upgrades. A dart or scout ship will exit just in time & they'll beam it into the hangar bay. This will be the captured Wraith. Whom they'll take back to Atlantis, then in the next ep (this one), he'll be helping them.

Personally, I'd rather it be the CG Wraith myself, but if it's a brand new Wraith. Then I hope they write him in properly & not suddenly have him willing to work with them, help them negotiate treaties. Then wait in a PJ alone with the unconscious team waiting for them to wake up. Then handing Shep back his weapon. At least give him an ep or 2 before this to let people get to know him.

scifi_lemon
May 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well they ally themselves with him so I'd bet it is the Common Ground Wraith. It can't be Michael as he isnt trusted anymore. I can't see them allying with another Wraith.

I agree. It's gotta be the CG Wraith. Nothing else makes sense.

Mitchell82
May 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I agree. It's gotta be the CG Wraith. Nothing else makes sense.

Unless they decide to ally with another Wraith but since our track record isnt the greatest this is the only line of thought that makes any sense.

majortrip
May 19th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Only in the indoor fight scene... ;)

The fact is, if they've released casting sides for the role of the Wraith, then it means they are holding auditions to cast this role. So it's doubtful it's gonna be played by any of the regular gang and it means it's very unlikely that the Wraith will be a "character" Wraith that we have seen before...

Unless CH is not available, and they need another actor to play the CG Wraith. They did this before with Michael. When CT was unavailable, they cast another actor to play Michael. This could be the same type of situation.

Gala
May 20th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Bril to know that our battlecruisers now have teh asgard tech, or atleast some of it. And we'll be allying with the wraith to fight someone...

Culd be the asurans.. other wraith, michaels wraith or even that new race we havent exactly met yet.

Mitchell82
May 20th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Unless CH is not available, and they need another actor to play the CG Wraith. They did this before with Michael. When CT was unavailable, they cast another actor to play Michael. This could be the same type of situation.

Very true it could happen that way.

ChelApophis
May 21st, 2007, 12:24 PM
From what we've seen this far ( from the few piccies that we've been able to see:( )in "the seer" it is the wraith from "common ground". They didn't even brushed his hair!:mad:
So , it would seem logical that they ally themselves with him.
It would be cool if we saw the meeting between the other 7 hive ships, like in "summit" in sg-1. I can picture all the seven wraith hive queens /leaders, whatever, snarling at each other.

Hawke1984
May 26th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Well I'm looking forward to seeing the Daedalus and Apollo on-screen together, I'm also looking forward to seeing the 2 BC-304s joining 7 Hive ships and of course the potential 21 cruisers, and finally I look forward to the potentially glorious battle that will take place

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Well I'm looking forward to seeing the Daedalus and Apollo on-screen together, I'm also looking forward to seeing the 2 BC-304s joining 7 Hive ships and of course the potential 21 cruisers, and finally I look forward to the potentially glorious battle that will take place

That's a plus too. Seeing the two ships together as well as the CG wraith this sounds very good.

PG15
May 28th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Larrin is in this episode, so sayeth Joe Mallozzi. Larrin, for those who don't know, is introduced in "Travelers" and will be played by Jill Wagner.

Spent most of the day in editing today (Reunion is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the Be All My Sins Remember’d read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we’d known he’d do such a spectacular job, we’d have cast HIM for Travelers.

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Larrin is in this episode, so sayeth Joe Mallozzi. Larrin, for those who don't know, is introduced in "Travelers" and will be played by Jill Wagner.

Hmmm, I got some incorrect info that the next episode she was to appear in was the one after this, "Spoils of War." Maybe she is in both because they are parts 2 and 3 of the mid-season two-parter. (That must be a Canadian thing because in 2002, the Canadian rock band Rush released a song that was part 4 to the Fear trilogy on their "Vapor Trail" album!!)
I can only hope!!!

SGFerrit
May 29th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Yep, Joe Mallozzi said they would be big players this season, so I am hoping that they are in both episodes as well as Travelers, and perhapse one at the end of the season too:)

Edit: I checked, and it was actually Jill Wagner herself who said her people would be returning in The Spoils of War on her IMDB messageboard. So unless her or Joe are confusing the two episodes, we can assume, for now, that they are in both:)

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Yep, Joe Mallozzi said they would be big players this season, so I am hoping that they are in both episodes as well as Travelers, and perhapse one at the end of the season too:)

Edit: I checked, and it was actually Jill Wagner herself who said her people would be returning in The Spoils of War on her IMDB messageboard. So unless her or Joe are confusing the two episodes, we can assume, for now, that they are in both:)

I think maybe Jill was mistaken about her next episode or her comment "confirming" her in Spoils of War was misinterpreted from her IMDb board by me. I know, because I made the initial guess that she was in "Spoils of War" on that board, which I thought she had confirmed with her reply to my post. On the other hand, maybe she was being vague and will be in both episodes. I can only hope because she is going back to Vancouver this week I believe. I would love to see her in as many episodes as possible!!!

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I think maybe Jill was mistaken about her next episode or her comment "confirming" her in Spoils of War was misinterpreted from her IMDb board by me. I know, because I made the initial guess that she was in "Spoils of War" on that board, which I thought she had confirmed with her reply to my post. On the other hand, maybe she was being vague and will be in both episodes. I can only hope because she is going back to Vancouver this week I believe. I would love to see her in as many episodes as possible!!!

Well since they are parts 1 and 2 mabey she is in both. It make sense wouldnt it?

SGFerrit
May 29th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I thought it would make sense too, as her being in Be all my sins remember'd, which is part 2 of the mid season 2 parter, would mean she could easily be in 'part 3' aswell.

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I thought it would make sense too, as her being in Be all my sins remember'd, which is part 2 of the mid season 2 parter, would mean she could easily be in 'part 3' aswell.

Agreed.

Herb
May 29th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I just got off the SGA set for Be All My Sins Remember'd. This episode is going to be awesome!

Before anyone asks, all that I am saying is what I just said. No spoilers here! Oh boy, it is going to rock!

PG15
May 29th, 2007, 08:04 PM
That doesn't help us, you know. ;)

Thanks anyway! :D I can't wait!!

Pharaoh Atem
May 29th, 2007, 08:05 PM
best episode title since there but for the grace of god

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I just got off the SGA set for Be All My Sins Remember'd. This episode is going to be awesome!

Before anyone asks, all that I am saying is what I just said. No spoilers here! Oh boy, it is going to rock!

:confused: They just had the read through for this ep yesterday according to JM right? I wonder if he means the set is awesome, because I don't think anything has be shot yet, has it???

Herb
May 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM
:confused: They just had the read through for this ep yesterday according to JM right? I wonder if he means the set is awesome, because I don't think anything has be shot yet, has it???

Day one of 7 was shot today. Did I mention it is going to be an awesome episode?

prion
May 30th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Well, let's see, we know Zelenka will be in, we know that (david nykl dropped that tidbit)...

is lorne in it? that won't be too much spoiler. that's just casting...

Redhooks
May 30th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Day one of 7 was shot today. Did I mention it is going to be an awesome episode?
Well in my eyes, any episode with Jill Wagner(Larrin) in it will be awesome. ;)

Mitchell82
May 30th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Well in my eyes, any episode with Jill Wagner(Larrin) in it will be awesome. ;)

Agreed. It sure would.

PG15
June 1st, 2007, 09:06 PM
A tiny hint from JM:

Martin has just finished up his pass on Miller’s Crossing and seen the war council convene for Be All My Sins Remember’d.

scifi_lemon
June 1st, 2007, 10:18 PM
A tiny hint from JM:

War Council? That phase has such exciting connotations and it sounds like it won't just include people from Earth... This season just sounds better and better!!!

vaberella
June 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
War Council? That phase has such exciting connotations and it sounds like it won't just include people from Earth... This season just sounds better and better!!!

I concur. When I heard War Council..."Holy Cookies Batman!!" :eek: , came to mind. I see why Carter has taken command of the expedition. It seems Earth has now declared war in the Pegasus Galaxy---way to go!!:rolleyes:

Do you guys think we have a real life War Council? Is the Security Council probably synonymous with War Council...most likely. Wow, that's pretty intense a War Council---this episode might beat Sateda and Progeny as my fave ep. Hopefully the dialogue holds up the action that will be in the ep.

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Ummm... maybe it's just me but I interpreted Joe's comment about seeing the War Council convene for BAMSR not as a hint as to what happens in the ep, but rather a reference to the behind the scenes process... especially in the context that he mentioned it. I thought he was talking about some kind of writer's meeting to go over the script or even the cast read-through or some such?

scifi_lemon
June 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Ummm... maybe it's just me but I interpreted Joe's comment about seeing the War Council convene for BAMSR not as a hint as to what happens in the ep, but rather a reference to the behind the scenes process... especially in the context that he mentioned it. I thought he was talking about some kind of writer's meeting to go over the script or even the cast read-through or some such?

Could be. Perhaps we're so desperate for more info we see spoilers in everything? :P

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Oh I hope not. It would be better to see it actually in the ep.

PG15
June 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Dredging this thread up with this tiny tidbit from JM:

Anonymous #3 writes: “Is there friendship growth between Teyla and Rodney this season?”

Answer: Yup. There’s a particularly sweet scene in Be All My Sins.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/06/june-27-2007.html

Willow'sCat
June 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Dredging this thread up with this tiny tidbit from JM:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/06/june-27-2007.htmlHmm, well I won't hold my breath for anything interesting, and by sweet he means? And by scene he means?

Dam Joe and his vagueness! :P

elbo
June 28th, 2007, 01:05 AM
This sound by far the most interesting point of the serie, of course in connection with "Mortal Coil" and "Spoils of War". A conflict between 3-4 parties which are enemies in nature to eachother, and close like strength it is something unseen even for SG-1 (except maby "Reckoning").

I'm also almost certain that the title suggest both Replicators and Wraith like essentialy sins of the Ancients and they will be the main players of those episodes. But i will welcome a surprise.

I don't see the new Atlantis leadership making the same mistake like in "Allies" and underestimating the Wraith and get burned for.

I also welcome seeing both Apollo and Daedalus, Asgard upgraded, in a space battle, hopefull with another outcame than the one in "Camelot". Let's not forget that their laser beam weapons will give them an significant advantage over the Wraith hives and cruisers, shieldless and build only to defend against missles, with kamikaze strategies, lack of manuvrability and speed.

I was always wondering why the Ancients didn't implement laser beam technology, which is ovioulsy Wraith's Nemesis, on their warships, as we seen in "Siege" that they had this technology implemented in a the defence satelites.

I'm looking forward to this, and the way they build the events to lead to this "alliance against a common enemy"!

pie eater general
June 28th, 2007, 04:54 AM
'This Mortal Coil' and 'Be all my sins remember'd' are both lines from Hamlet's 'to be or not to be' speech (as many have already stated).

I am struggling to see the relevance of that soliloquy to this storyline, since it refers on the one hand to Hamlet's desire to end his own life and also to the bigger theme of his over-riding inability to act out his revenge...

Hmmm... revenge?

On who, by who...?

To 'shuffle of this mortal coil' is to die... or to ascend?

And the 'be all my sins remember'd' line is mean't specifically for Ophelia... relevant?

Meh, I dunno... been a good few years since I studied any Shakespeare.

Basically, this two-parter sounds like it is going to kick serious botty!

DONNA BOOTH
June 28th, 2007, 05:37 AM
according to JMs latest blog someone asked him are we going to see any nice moments between rodney and teyla and he replied theres a cute scene between them in be all my sins

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hmm, well I won't hold my breath for anything interesting, and by sweet he means? And by scene he means?

Dam Joe and his vagueness! :P

I can't wait to see what he has instore for us. It sounds like this season will be very character driven.

scifi_lemon
June 28th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I can't wait to see what he has instore for us. It sounds like this season will be very character driven.

Ditto. I like the Teyla/Rodney friendship and it'll be nice to see some more of that!

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Ditto. I like the Teyla/Rodney friendship and it'll be nice to see some more of that!

Mabey she'll teach him how to spare better?;)

scifi_lemon
June 28th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Mabey she'll teach him how to spare better?;)

To be honest, I don't think that there's any hope for McKay ;)

Mitchell82
June 29th, 2007, 06:40 PM
To be honest, I don't think that there's any hope for McKay ;)

Yeah your right. Let Ronon kick his ass again.;)

scifi_lemon
June 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah your right. Let Ronon kick his ass again.;)

I loved that scene. It'd be awesome to see another one like that. Teyla trying to teach Rodney would be hilarious as well ;)

Mitchell82
June 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I loved that scene. It'd be awesome to see another one like that. Teyla trying to teach Rodney would be hilarious as well ;)

What be hilarious is if Rodney learns how to spar and truly tries to beat Ronon but he still bests him.

scifi_lemon
June 30th, 2007, 05:21 PM
What be hilarious is if Rodney learns how to spar and truly tries to beat Ronon but he still bests him.

No, a funny scene would be McKay acidentily tripping Ronon or something and end up winning ;)

Mitchell82
June 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM
No, a funny scene would be McKay acidentily tripping Ronon or something and end up winning ;)

Nah he ends up tripping Ronon then whines because he's affraid he's dead meat.;)

scifi_lemon
June 30th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Nah he ends up tripping Ronon then whines because he's affraid he's dead meat.;)

Maybe he trips Ronon, "wins", and then fears for his life by whining to Shep to protect him :P

Mitchell82
June 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Maybe he trips Ronon, "wins", and then fears for his life by whining to Shep to protect him :P

LOL. I know this is going to seem strange but I just rewatched Robocop. Imagine his fear if he came up against him?!

scifi_lemon
June 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM
LOL. I know this is going to seem strange but I just rewatched Robocop. Imagine his fear if he came up against him?!

LOL!

Mitchell82
July 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
LOL!

I think his directive of protect the innocent would short circut when he met mckay.

Adria
July 3rd, 2007, 04:46 AM
great epsiode title and the fact that we are working with the wraith is even better :D plus we might be able to see the new asgaurd upgrades i hope

scifi_lemon
July 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
great epsiode title and the fact that we are working with the wraith is even better :D plus we might be able to see the new asgaurd upgrades i hope

ITA!

Mitchell82
July 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM

Agreed it sounds great and very sweet that we will get to use our shiny new Asgard tech.

Redhooks
July 5th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I have heard a little rumor that in this episode
the Travelers somehow show up in the battle against the Replicators with their Ancient Warship and turn the tide of the battle in our favor. We will have to wait until early next year to find out if this info is correct or not. We know they are in this episode so this isn't too far out there as rumors go.

scifi_lemon
July 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I have heard a little rumor that in this episode
the Travelers somehow show up in the battle against the Replicators with their Ancient Warship and turn the tide of the battle in our favor. We will have to wait until early next year to find out if this info is correct or not. We know they are in this episode so this isn't too far out there as rumors go.

I heard about something along these lines as well. This ep is gonna be great!

DONNA BOOTH
July 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
this episode looks to be one of the more interesting ones in season 4

girlinabox
July 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a good episode.

But I'm looking forward to the sweet friendship scene JM mentioned between Rodney and Teyla.:)

Mitchell82
July 10th, 2007, 10:28 AM

But I'm looking forward to the sweet friendship scene JM mentioned between Rodney and Teyla.:)

Indeed. It sounds like a great ep and the Rodney and Teyla scene is a plus.

scifi_lemon
July 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Indeed. It sounds like a great ep and the Rodney and Teyla scene is a plus.

ITA

poundpuppy29
July 10th, 2007, 08:47 PM
There will also be a moment between Ronon & Teyla too. I found out when I asked a ? on JM blog. here it is

Poundpuppy29 writes: “Will there be any emotional scenes between Ronon & Teyla in season 4?”

Answer: Yup. A really sweet one in Be All My Sins Remember’d

Redhooks
July 10th, 2007, 08:58 PM

There will also be a moment between Ronon & Teyla too. I found out when I asked a ? on JM blog. here it is

Poundpuppy29 writes: “Will there be any emotional scenes between Ronon & Teyla in season 4?”

It sounds to me like John, Rodney, and Ronan will be going into a space battle with the Daedulus, the Apollo, and the Wraith against the Asurans and Teyla hugs all of them as they go because they might not come back. She stays on Atlantis because she is pregnant and the goodbyes are emotional. Just a thought.

Suzotchka
July 11th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Very cool! :)

PG15
July 17th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Some hints from Joe:

Redhooks writes: “Will the Travelers appear in a third episode near the end of the season?”

Answer: You’ll have to watch BAMSR to find out.

Zabadoo writes: “...4.)Will fourth season episodes dealing with the Wraith or the Asurans be mainly dialogue-based or action-based? Any "Reckoning" style episodes in the near future for Atlantis?”

Answers: ...4) More weighted toward action but studded with scintillating dialogue. BAMSR.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-17-2007.html

Xicer
July 17th, 2007, 04:32 PM
The more I read JM's blog, the more I think I'm really gonna like this episode.

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM

The more I read the happier I am. Season 4 will be great.

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 09:46 PM

Ditto. This ep and all of S4 sounds good.

Redhooks
July 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Some hints from Joe:
Redhooks writes: “Will the Travelers appear in a third episode near the end of the season?”

Answer: You’ll have to watch BAMSR to find out.
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-17-2007.html
I hate when Joe tries to be so cryptic and when he edits out the entire question. Here is my original question:

Joe,
There has been some discussion about the actual "level of technology" the Travelers have. Some of the writers from the Press Tour three weeks ago have said that the Travelers are far more advanced than the Atlantis expediton. Was this just a bad interpretation on the part of the article writers? Everything else I have seen points to them having just about the same level of tech as our expedition/Earth before we got the Asgard tech. Also, will the Travelers appear in a third episode near the end of the season? Or does their Ancient warship not survive the BASMR space battle like almost all the other Ancient stuff you writers dangle in front of us for an episode or two and then take away?

Thanks!
No answer about level of technology and unfortunately, the last question is what I think will happen in this episode!! The writers won't let ANYBODY keep Ancient Tech!!!!! :D

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I hate when Joe tries to be so cryptic and when he edits out the entire question. Here is my original question:

No answer about level of technology and unfortunately, the last question is what I think will happen in this episode!! The writers won't let ANYBODY keep Ancient Tech!!!!! :D

LOL! Maybe just ask, "What is the level of the Travellers technology? Is it close to Earth or more advanced?". He might answer something a bit more straight forward.

Redhooks
July 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
LOL! Maybe just ask, "What is the level of the Travellers technology? Is it close to Earth or more advanced?". He might answer something a bit more straight forward.
Actually that was about the fourth time I had asked this question without changing too much except from two weeks to three weeks ago from when I had first asked it.

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Actually that was about the fourth time I had asked this question without changing too much except from two weeks to three weeks ago from when I had first asked it.

Huh. I guess he just doesn't want to answer it. ;)

Redhooks
July 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Huh. I guess he just doesn't want to answer it. ;)
What I meant was that I cut and pasted the question 4 times and the only thing I changed was the two to three weeks line. Maybe he got tired of me asking it and thought this way he could get rid of me. :lol: He has no idea what persistance is yet!!!

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 10:41 PM
What I meant was that I cut and pasted the question 4 times and the only thing I changed was the two to three weeks line. Maybe he got tired of me asking it and thought this way he could get rid of me. :lol: He has no idea what persistance is yet!!!

:lol: And like I suggested, maybe if you rephrase it without the bit he already answered, he'd respond to the tech part.

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 11:23 PM
:lol: And like I suggested, maybe if you rephrase it without the bit he already answered, he'd respond to the tech part.

I doubt it. You know how cryptic he can be. He never wants to give us too much information, and he also loves feeding us misinformation.

Redhooks
July 17th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I doubt it. You know how cryptic he can be. He never wants to give us too much information, and he also loves feeding us misinformation.
Misinformation like "Sci-Fi is going to show what they are calling an extended trailer?" :lol:

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Misinformation like "Sci-Fi is going to show what they are calling an extended trailer?" :lol:

:lol: Exactly, though I'm sure he's as disapointed as we were.

seldear
July 18th, 2007, 02:25 AM
:lol: Exactly, though I'm sure he's as disapointed as we were.Also keep in mind that TPTB are not always in accord with SciFi. The two are two separate sets of entities and not always in cahoots with each other.

JM may have been told it was an "extended trailer" and passed that on without actually knowing himself.

Sel.

Mitchell82
July 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Also keep in mind that TPTB are not always in accord with SciFi. The two are two separate sets of entities and not always in cahoots with each other.

JM may have been told it was an "extended trailer" and passed that on without actually knowing himself.

Sel.

Exactly.

Redhooks
July 18th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Also keep in mind that TPTB are not always in accord with SciFi. The two are two separate sets of entities and not always in cahoots with each other.

Sel.
You are correct. He said he was told by Nora O'Brien that it was something Sci-Fi was calling an extended trailer. This time the misinformation from JM wasn't on purpose. :rolleyes:

scifi_lemon
July 18th, 2007, 11:48 AM
You are correct. He said he was told by Nora O'Brien that it was something Sci-Fi was calling an extended trailer. This time the misinformation from JM wasn't on purpose. :rolleyes:

True. I blame him for our dissapointment though ;)

Mitchell82
July 18th, 2007, 02:32 PM
True. I blame him for our dissapointment though ;)

No don't do that. Much more fun blaming it on scifi and planning our revenge if they screw up SGA.

scifi_lemon
July 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
No don't do that. Much more fun blaming it on scifi and planning our revenge if they screw up SGA.

LOL! It's settled then. Down with Skiffy if the mess anything else up!!!

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2007, 03:40 PM
LOL! It's settled then. Down with Skiffy if the mess anything else up!!!

Indeed. *starts planning for revenge, just in case.*

Ltcolshepjumper
July 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Instead of an extended trailer what we got was a little vignette.

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Instead of an extended trailer what we got was a little vignette.

It was a neat vignette but I was expecting something more.

Redhooks
July 22nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Knowing that the Travelers are in this episode made me think about what is the reason for them to get involved with the Wraith and the Asurans. As far as we know the Wraith and Asurans are unaware of the Travelers and why would Larrin risk letting these powerful races know of their existance? To me there are two explanations:

1) The Travelers show up only in the Ancient warship that they had in "Travelers" and needed Sheppard to activate and this won't expose their race or their "armada" of transports to discovery by the Asurans. This would only work if the Wraith we are working with also think the ship is being controlled by our Expedition and not another race. Or, we keep the info of the Ancient warship from the Wraith and use it only if necessary which of course will happen or why even show them.

2) The Travelers are given some technology or even the ATA gene therapy by us in exchange for their participation.

Any comments?

scifi_lemon
July 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Knowing that the Travelers are in this episode made me think about what is the reason for them to get involved with the Wraith and the Asurans. As far as we know the Wraith and Asurans are unaware of the Travelers and why would Larrin risk letting these powerful races know of their existance? To me there are two explanations:

1) The Travelers show up only in the Ancient warship that they had in "Travelers" and needed Sheppard to activate and this won't expose their race or their "armada" of transports to discovery by the Asurans. This would only work if the Wraith we are working with also think the ship is being controlled by our Expedition and not another race. Or, we keep the info of the Ancient warship from the Wraith and use it only if necessary which of course will happen or why even show them.

2) The Travelers are given some technology or even the ATA gene therapy by us in exchange for their participation.

Any comments?

I could see those things happening. But the Travelers might also realize that there are a lot more Wraith awake than before. Perhaps they've recognized that they won't be able to hide much longer so they capture Sheppard to activate the warship?

Redhooks
July 22nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I could see those things happening. But the Travelers might also realize that there are a lot more Wraith awake than before. Perhaps they've recognized that they won't be able to hide much longer so they capture Sheppard to activate the warship?
Well they captured Sheppard in "Travelers" not "BASMR" in order to activate the ship, but what I meant was why risk it being destroyed when they need it to defend all their other ships? There has to be something in it for them because they aren't described as an altruistic race. While they may no longer be able to hide from the Wraith for the reason you describe, I would think the longer it is before the Wraith hear about them, the more likely they can remain hidden.

scifi_lemon
July 22nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Well they captured Sheppard in "Travelers" not "BASMR" in order to activate the ship, but what I meant was why risk it being destroyed when they need it to defend all their other ships? There has to be something in it for them because they aren't described as an altruistic race. While they may no longer be able to hide from the Wraith for the reason you describe, I would think the longer it is before the Wraith hear about them, the more likely they can remain hidden.

Oh. I was thinking of "Travelers". Sorry. :o

I agree; why would they risk their greatest defense? There has to be something in it for them. Either their hand is forced by the Wraith/Asurans or the expidition gives them something.

Xicer
July 31st, 2007, 07:58 PM
Some news:

By the way, we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene. Oh, and in dailies today = the wee turtles!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-31-2007.html

War council eh?

PG15
July 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Oh yes, he's talked about the war council thing before.

I guess it's more than just all the parties meeting in the Atlantis briefing room...maybe.

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Oh yes, he's talked about the war council thing before.

I guess it's more than just all the parties meeting in the Atlantis briefing room...maybe.

I think the inclusion of "war" makes it more than just your average council.

Yay for the wee turtles! http://i19.tinypic.com/6284rx0.gif

Redhooks
July 31st, 2007, 11:20 PM

Spent most of the day in editing today (Reunion is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the Be All My Sins Remember’d read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we’d known he’d do such a spectacular job, we’d have cast HIM for Travelers.

Any comments?

Some news:

By the way, we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-31-2007.html

War council eh?
Do you think the Wraith are in this War Council? I hope not because as I said before, it makes no sense to me for Larrin to reveal her people's existance to the Wraith. It sounds like an all human council to me that hopefully will use the Travelers Ancient Warship as a face card (not an Ace) :) in the hole in case something goes wrong, especially with the Wraith. There was no mention in Joe's comments about Col. Ellis being in the council although maybe Michael Beach was in attendance for the read-through.

I hope my spidey sense is wrong about Joe's reply ("you have to watch BAMSR to find out") to my question about the Travelers showing up in any later season 4 eps and now that I see/remember Marty (The Bringer/Writer of Death) Gero wrote BASMR, I am more concerned that the Travelers don't survive. :( Of course, if I hear that Jill Wagner is going back to Vancouver sometime before early October, I'll throw out my spidey sense with the trash. :D

Xicer
August 1st, 2007, 04:54 PM
Hmm JM thinks that this episode would've made a good feature film.

FargateOne writes: “Which stories of s10 SG1 eps would have done ( or deserved to be ) a good feature film, considering that to do a film is not the same thing that a tv show?”

Answer: Be All My Sins and Midway would have made great features.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-1-2007.html

Hehe yea I know the guy asked S10 SG1 eps not SGA S4 eps, but whatever :P

PG15
August 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well, just in case there was anymore doubt:

...In fact, Jill will be back to do the mid-season 2-parter where, for a second time, Sheppard and Larrin will have to work together.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/starb1.jpg

Special thanks to Sheppard's Delight for scanning the whole thing! :D

Xicer
October 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
New info, haven't had any for this episode for a while.

Anna writes: “Will Carter get angry and yell at anyone this season?”

Answer: Yes. There’s one little exchange in particular that stands out - in Be All My Sins Remember’d where she dresses a certain character down for disrespecting one of her people.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-4-2007.html

Redhooks
October 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
New info, haven't had any for this episode for a while.

Anna writes: “Will Carter get angry and yell at anyone this season?”

Answer: Yes. There’s one little exchange in particular that stands out - in Be All My Sins Remember’d where she dresses a certain character down for disrespecting one of her people.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-4-2007.html
Sounds like it could be Caldwell or Ellis?

Ltcolshepjumper
October 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I hope not. I don't think she has the right to yell at either one as they have been Colonels far longer than she has been one. Also, neither have been rude or condescending to any of the expedition members.
I'm betting it's an off-worlder, possibly one of the travelers or Wraith.
1,800th post

Redhooks
October 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I hope not. I don't think she has the right to yell at either one as they have been Colonels far longer than she has been one. Also, neither have been rude or condescending to any of the expedition members.
I'm betting it's an off-worlder, possibly one of the travelers or Wraith.
1,800th post
Congrats on 1800 posts.
You may be right but she still is the base commander. It could be Larrin or the CG Wraith as you have mentioned.

Killdeer
October 5th, 2007, 08:04 AM
My guess would be an IOA member maybe?

SGFerrit
October 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Congrats on 1800 posts.
You may be right but she still is the base commander. It could be Larrin or the CG Wraith as you have mentioned.

I would LOVE to see that:)

I'm very happy that Carter will give someone a 'dressing down':)

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I would LOVE to see that:)

I'm very happy that Carter will give someone a 'dressing down':)

Yeah i wonder who.;)

jenks
October 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Sounds like it could be Caldwell or Ellis?

I hope not.

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I hope not.

My guess would be someone of lower rank or civi.

SGFerrit
October 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I have been thinking about this for a few days now...

From SGA Spoiler Community:

Joe Mallozzi reported that “we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene.”

I was wondering- Who will be on this council? Which races, and more sepcifically, which characters? Who do you think we will see on the council? Who would you like to see on the council? Why?

Anyone got any ideas?

Platschu
October 15th, 2007, 12:55 PM
My guess: Atlantis, Travelers, Allied Wraith (= Tok'Replicator or Tok'Keeper :) ). Second guess: the Wraith high-council (alias Summit v2.0 :D ).

Here you can read the spoilers:
http://gateworld.net/news/2007/05/spoilers_be_all_my_sins_remember.shtml

Mattathias2.0
October 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
We may not know for sure until TMC.

I have a feeling we first ally ourselves with one race, but then for whatever reason, ally with some others against that race.

SGFerrit
October 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I think it should be very interesting... A Pegasus Galaxy alliance. I expect to see Carter, Shep and Rodney on the council... And Larrin perhapse? IF it's an allied council, not an enemy one;) I wonder where the council will be, Atlantis? Neutral ground?

Platschu
October 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I think the Wraith Queens will make a council to decide to support or not Atlantis against the Replicators. ;)

Phenix
October 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I think it should be very interesting... A Pegasus Galaxy alliance. I expect to see Carter, Shep and Rodney on the council... And Larrin perhapse? IF it's an allied council, not an enemy one;) I wonder where the council will be, Atlantis? Neutral ground?

McKay would add nothing to a War Council. He is neither a diplomat nor a soldier. McKay would likely add chaos and insult to the council and cause it to fail.

Carter is both a soldier and scientist and can speak for Atlantis on both counts. However I'd have no problem if Shepard was on the council. He would not cause any major disruptions and might have something to add.

In SG-1 I was always bothered with Jack received diplomatic chores. He was the character who was most likely to mess up such a mission. In this show McKay is the most likely to mess up and diplomatic effort. Unfortunately their is no Daniel like character on Atlantis to handle these situations but at least Carter has grown into someone who can do this.

Disclaimer. I was never a fan of McKay or Weir but yet I still watch the show.

Suzotchka
October 15th, 2007, 02:53 PM
It would be funny if Elizabeth Weir was representing the Asurans! :)

Mitchell82
October 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
It would be funny if Elizabeth Weir was representing the Asurans! :)

Hmm I like that idea.

P-90_177
October 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM
not realy related to this topic so much but i just thought of something that i would really like to see.

How about all the wraith queens convening for a meeting at once like the system lornds in summit.

Mitchell82
October 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM
not realy related to this topic so much but i just thought of something that i would really like to see.

How about all the wraith queens convening for a meeting at once like the system lornds in summit.

MAbey over the war with the Asurans?

scififreak23
October 15th, 2007, 04:50 PM
i think it will be carter and sheppard representing atlantis, for the wraith it will be the wraith from common ground, larrin for the travelers and ladin for the genii(if they're in it). Atleast, that's who it should representing their people.As for the asurans, weir representing them is a major possiblity. I really hope they go that way.

Mitchell82
October 15th, 2007, 04:52 PM
i think it will be carter and sheppard representing atlantis, for the wraith it will be the wraith from common ground, larrin for the travelers and ladin for the genii(if they're in it). Atleast, that's who it should representing their people.As for the asurans, weir representing them is a major possiblity. I really hope they go that way.

Very plausable. Unlikely Allies uniting in the presence of an even bigger threat.

Mattathias2.0
October 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I had not thought of the Genii, in all honesty. Would be interesting to see them involved, if that be the case.

Redhooks
October 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
As I have similarly stated before, I believe the War Council will include: Carter, Sheppard, Caldwell, Ellis, Larrin, McKay, and maybe Teyla, Ronon, and one of Larrin's lieutenants. I don't think the Wraith will be included in this, but another meeting with them will happen with Carter, Sheppard, and the CG Wraith (Tood or Todd? JM called him ;)) only. Just my two cents. :)

Jeff O'Connor
October 16th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I'd love more than anything to see the Genii involved, but I think TPTB have their hands full already. Still, it'd make me smile if they could pull it off.

Niteshadow
October 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
of all the episodes this season this is the one i am looking forward to the most. but i dont' want to rush it still need to enjoy the other epsidoes

Mitchell82
October 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I'd love more than anything to see the Genii involved, but I think TPTB have their hands full already. Still, it'd make me smile if they could pull it off.

We'll see. It'd be nice to at least have Ladon there.

Redhooks
October 28th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Well this is the next episode the Travelers are in but I don't think we will get anymore backstory on them in it. They will be here only, as Sheppard said, "to tip the balance when the time is right." I thought originally that the Wraith would not know about the Travelers prior to this ep, but since Sheppard let the Wraith go in Travelers, at least some Wraith will know that there is a working Lantean warship in the galaxy. I bet they will be sending out more search missions to find it, if they can be spared from the war with the Replicators.
I know I will try and avoid anymore spoilers for this episode due to seeing too many before Travelers, but it may be tough over the four weeks between the airings of This Mortal Coil and BAMSR. ;)

Linzi
October 28th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Well this is the next episode the Travelers are in but I don't think we will get anymore backstory on them in it. They will be here only, as Sheppard said, "to tip the balance when the time is right." I thought originally that the Wraith would not know about the Travelers prior to this ep, but since Sheppard let the Wraith go in Travelers, at least some Wraith will know that there is a working Lantean warship in the galaxy. I bet they will be sending out more search missions to find it, if they can be spared from the war with the Replicators.
I know I will try and avoid anymore spoilers for this episode due to seeing too many before Travelers, but it may be tough over the four weeks between the airings of This Mortal Coil and BAMSR. ;)
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Travellers again. I really liked Larrin in Travelers, and loved her's and Shep's chemistry. I hope to see more of it in this episode.

I agree on not being too spoiled! For both DG and Travelers from the promo clips I'd seen, I felt like I'd seen the best parts of the episodes already! I mean, I know it's my fault for watching them so obsessively, but I'm not doing it anymore.

Mitchell82
October 28th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Travellers again. I really liked Larrin in Travelers, and loved her's and Shep's chemistry. I hope to see more of it in this episode.

I agree on not being too spoiled! For both DG and Travelers from the promo clips I'd seen, I felt like I'd seen the best parts of the episodes already! I mean, I know it's my fault for watching them so obsessively, but I'm not doing it anymore.

Agreed and yeah the previews are horrible since scifi love to give away too much.

h22chen
October 28th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I hope the Travelers do not get exterminated since it seems that whatever people the Atlantis team meets, the civilization gets wiped out... well, most of the civilizations anyway.

SGFerrit
October 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I doubt they will be exterminated. The way tptb have spoke about them, I think they are intended to be long term. They won't get many other chances to introduce advanced Pegasus races.

PG15
October 31st, 2007, 06:10 PM
And we're back! Some updates from Joe's blog today:

Actually three great mixes of late: Spoils of War (So what is the difference between the silent masked wraiths and the chatty ones? Ohhhhhhh, I see.), Be All My Sins Remember’d (Awesome. This one boasts the greatest visual effects sequences the show has ever done. Mark is going to be hard-pressed to top this one.), Miller’s Crossing (With that incredibly angsty McKay-Sheppard scene.)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-31-2007.html

Ltcolshepjumper
October 31st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Good, special effects.

Agent_Dark
October 31st, 2007, 06:24 PM
Good, special effects.

*visual effects

Ltcolshepjumper
October 31st, 2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah, probably both. that's what I meant.

Redhooks
October 31st, 2007, 06:41 PM
And we're back! Some updates from Joe's blog today:

Be All My Sins Remember’d (Awesome. This one boasts the greatest visual effects sequences the show has ever done. Mark is going to be hard-pressed to top this one.)
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-31-2007.html
Anyone for a few of our "Allied" Wraith Hive ships, a few Replicator ships, and the Ancient warship (AW for short) of the Travelers getting blown up? Maybe with another emergency beam out from the Travelers ship by one of the Earth ships like in No Man's Land?
Also, it was never mentioned in the episode, but how many drones do you think the AW has left? Do you think Atlantis may give up some of their drones to the Travelers? Or are the writers going to conveniently forget that the AW was in a battle with the Wraith probably using up most of its drones and then Sheppard uses about 20 or so more to destroy the Wraith cruiser?

Briangate78
October 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM
This episode is probably going to change SGA around yet again. It's one of those eps that will make a dramatic imprint on the entire series. Hopefully it is an amazing episode. SGA needs all the viewership it can get.

Best part is, we only have to wait till January! :p

ha'tak_
November 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
This episode is probably going to change SGA around yet again. It's one of those eps that will make a dramatic imprint on the entire series. Hopefully it is an amazing episode. SGA needs all the viewership it can get.

only , i cant wait , i am traying to not thing about it because i do, i die of exeiting if i do

Mitchell82
November 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM

I know if we had to wait 7 months again I'd.....:mckayanime17::ronananime01::samanime15:

Mattathias2.0
November 2nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
I can't wait either!

Caldwell/Daedalus, Ellis/Apollo, Replicators, Wraith, Larrin/Ancient Warship (?) and some really good space battle!

Mitchell82
November 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
I can't wait either!

Caldwell/Daedalus, Ellis/Apollo, Replicators, Wraith, Larrin/Ancient Warship (?) and some really good space battle!

I know some uber awsomeness. The wait will be torture.

Redhooks
November 6th, 2007, 02:44 AM
From JM's Blog:

Tim writes: “Will we be seeing anymore The Siege -like battles in the future?”

Answer: For the greatest space battle we’ve ever done, check out BAMSR.
Sounds great. Sure hope the VFX department does a better job than they have in some past space battles with the size ratios of ships in relation to each other. Like in Travelers when the Wraith Cruiser exits hyperspace and appears to almost fly into the Ancient warship because it is too close. The next shot we see of it, the cruiser is much farther away at a more realistic distance. I don't think it flew by the Ancient ship and then went around in a circle to end up out in front and above the ship like it was when it exited hyperspace.

The one thing I hope they don't do, but I am afraid they will, is take up about 2 minutes at the beginning of the episode with a "previously on" segment. It is just a waste of precious time to me that could be spent on the episode. I also hope Martin Gero did a better job of writing Larrin than Paul Mullie did in Travelers. :(

Mitchell82
November 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM
From JM's Blog:

Sounds great. Sure hope the VFX department does a better job than they have in some past space battles with the size ratios of ships in relation to each other. Like in Travelers when the Wraith Cruiser exits hyperspace and appears to almost fly into the Ancient warship because it is too close. The next shot we see of it, the cruiser is much farther away at a more realistic distance. I don't think it flew by the Ancient ship and then went around in a circle to end up out in front and above the ship like it was when it exited hyperspace.

The one thing I hope they don't do, but I am afraid they will, is take up about 2 minutes at the beginning of the episode with a "previously on" segment. It is just a waste of precious time to me that could be spent on the episode. I also hope Martin Gero did a better job of writing Larrin than Paul Mullie did in Travelers. :(
I didn't notice that but mabey that's because I don't scrutinize the eps that hard. Personally they have always done great with vis effects so this gets me really excited.

Redhooks
November 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I didn't notice that but mabey that's because I don't scrutinize the eps that hard. Personally they have always done great with vis effects so this gets me really excited.
Well I noticed it when I was making screencaps for Travelers and here are the photos:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Travelers%20Screencaps/TravelersScrcap085.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Travelers%20Screencaps/TravelersScrcap089.jpg
Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it, I am always looking at the details of stuff due to my meticulous personality which helps me in my RL job. ;) This lack of proper perspective and the flipped image of the ship coming out of hyperspace in Travelers should be something that to me should have been noticed by at least one person of the multitudes to see the episode before it is aired. The only issue is that it might have been too expensive or too late to correct.
Shot of flipped or mirrored ship:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Travelers%20Screencaps/TravelersScrcap060.jpg

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Well I noticed it when I was making screencaps for Travelers and here are the photos:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Travelers%20Screencaps/TravelersScrcap085.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Travelers%20Screencaps/TravelersScrcap089.jpg
Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it, I am always looking at the details of stuff due to my meticulous personality which helps me in my RL job. ;) This lack of proper perspective and the flipped image of the ship coming out of hyperspace in Travelers should be something that to me should have been noticed by at least one person of the multitudes to see the episode before it is aired. The only issue is that it might have been too expensive or too late to correct.
Shot of flipped or mirrored ship:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Travelers%20Screencaps/TravelersScrcap060.jpg

I see your point and yes it should have been noticed but in the end I can forgive it. They are only human and their vis department usually does a great job. I do disagree on this point though.

The one thing I hope they don't do, but I am afraid they will, is take up about 2 minutes at the beginning of the episode with a "previously on" segment. It is just a waste of precious time to me that could be spent on the episode. I also hope Martin Gero did a better job of writing Larrin than Paul Mullie did in Travelers.
I have a degree in filmmaking but rarely used it since I decided to go to OCS(Officers Canidate School) and take a career in the AF. So I understand why previous segments are needed. It helps the casual viewer of the show. As to the other part I thought she was written quite well still she needs more development.

Redhooks
November 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I have a degree in filmmaking but rarely used it since I decided to go to OCS(Officers Canidate School) and take a career in the AF. So I understand why previous segments are needed. It helps the casual viewer of the show. As to the other part I thought she was written quite well still she needs more development.
If the segment lasts about 30 seconds then I am OK with it, but not 2 minutes (or more) of "previously on."

I'll just agree to disagree with you on the how well she was written part. I thought she was written OK (not "quite well" as you do,) and I hope MG does a better job. I don't think she was written poorly, just that there was very little reason given why she was the leader of her people at such a young age. It gets back to the reason why I thought Travelers should have been better, but wasn't. Not enough backstory on their race and too much attempts at humor which I thought fell flat. Yes it would have meant more exposition and less action, but I think it would have been better for an introduction episode. Oh well, what is done is done and I hope BAMSR is better.

PG15
November 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Fresh news from Joe's Blog:

Elizabeth writes: “1) What's your favorite episode of season four?

Answer: 1) Hard to say as we are still finishing episodes. Right now, my favorites are Tabula Rasa, BAMSR, and Harmony.

Joshua Meyers writes: “I love the chemistry of Larrin and Sheppard, can we have more of that?”

Answer: BAMSR.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-9-2007.html

Mitchell82
November 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
If the segment lasts about 30 seconds then I am OK with it, but not 2 minutes (or more) of "previously on."
Unfortunatly 30 seconds isn't enough for the casual viewer.

I
'll just agree to disagree with you on the how well she was written part. I thought she was written OK (not "quite well" as you do,) and I hope MG does a better job. I don't think she was written poorly, just that there was very little reason given why she was the leader of her people at such a young age. It gets back to the reason why I thought Travelers should have been better, but wasn't. Not enough backstory on their race and too much attempts at humor which I thought fell flat. Yes it would have meant more exposition and less action, but I think it would have been better for an introduction episode. Oh well, what is done is done and I hope BAMSR is better.

I see your point but we just don't know enough about her or her culture to make a statement like that.

Mitchell82
November 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Fresh news from Joe's Blog:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-9-2007.html

Can't wait.

Xicer
November 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Anonymous #2 writes: “If Joe gave you free range and you could write an episode for any female character in Stargate history (Atlantis or SG1) who would it be and why?”

Carl: I really like Fran, from Be All My Sins Remember'd.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-11-2007.html

...Fran?

Mitchell82
November 11th, 2007, 10:18 PM

...Fran?

Hmm new character I guess.

PG15
November 19th, 2007, 10:41 PM
No new spoilers, but...

* Martin Gero has agreed to do a post-Be All My Sins Remember’d Q&A on this blog.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-19-2007.html

ussrelativity
November 29th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Here we go. Some more information via the SkyOne program guide. It seems to be cut off, but I'll post what's there:

http://data.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/wtv.php?week=227&chan=SKD1#

STARGATE ATLANTIS (NEW)
Be All My Sins Remember'd

The Atlantis team strives to eliminate the Replicators once and for all, but with time in short supp
Tuesday 8 January 2008 at 20:00

Redhooks
November 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
It looks like from the second picture from this episode that was posted in the Season 4 publicity stills thread (BAMSR picture post (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7376415&postcount=591)) that the Travelers have done some of their trademark modifications to the Aurora-class ship they got in Travelers. :D I wonder if Sheppard will make another snarky comment about their functional, but not aesthetic, decorating tastes! :lol:

Heaven
November 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I wonder if Sheppard will make another snarky comment about their functional, but not aesthetic, decorating tastes! :lol:

like ours is any better :rolleyes:

Redhooks
November 30th, 2007, 12:44 AM
like ours is any better :rolleyes:
It wasn't ours, it was the Ancients' design style.

Looking at the picture again, it reminds me of the scene in The Siege, Pt. 2 where Dr. Weir goes to the Genii to negotiate for a couple of their nuclear weapons. She was tied up to a chair in an isolated room with one interrogator also. This picture/scene may be a nod to that scene.

Mitchell82
November 30th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Looking at the picture again, it reminds me of the scene in The Siege, Pt. 2 where Dr. Weir goes to the Genii to negotiate for a couple of their nuclear weapons. She was tied up to a chair in an isolated room with one interrogator also. This picture/scene may be a nod to that scene.

Possibly. Shep tied up might mean more whump. The whump fans should be quite happy.;)

Heaven
November 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM

what do you mean?

Mitchell82
November 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM
what do you mean?

You said like our design style is any better and what he said was that the decorating was the Ancients not us and he's half right. We also decorated too.

Redhooks
November 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
what do you mean?
I meant the design of the Ancient warship and Atlantis in general was done by the Ancients and not the Atlantis expedition.

What did YOU mean by "our" designs aren't any better?

If you were talking about the BC-304s, then they have a much cleaner design with all the power and control lines/circuits in the wall and not in insulated wires external to the wall like what the Travelers have been portrayed to do.

Heaven
November 30th, 2007, 11:28 AM
yes I meant the 304s/midway, they look like a zoo (and they are brand new)

Mitchell82
November 30th, 2007, 11:30 AM
yes I meant the 304s/midway, they look like a zoo (and they are brand new)

Really? Looked fine to me.

Redhooks
November 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hmm new character I guess.

...Fran?
I think I saw on the S4 Spoiler page on LJ, that David Hewlett in an interview was talking about a lot of dialogue he had to get through for this episode with a female Replicator and Fran may be her?

Edit: Here is the link: SGA Spoiler Community (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/7984.html#cutid1)

a-parmar
December 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

I have a theory on BE ALL MY SINS REMEMBER'D, basically from what I've read on 'This Mortal Coil' I've come up with this possible theory on what is too come.... so here goes

Ok seeing as Atlantis and the team have been cloned with the nanites, it says that the cloned team go in search for the orignal team and they call team up with the captured wraith to stop the Replicators once and for all.

It seems possible because from what I've read on the episodes the teams will reunite original and copies along with the wraith to find and disable the Replicators code and maybe do some looking around the base code for Rodney to do some more messing around.

How does that sound?

Ltcolshepjumper
December 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
That sounds good. I just hope they don't kill them all.

a-parmar
December 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
They will be destroyed im guessing...

If you remember that scene in The Seer where Atlantis is being attacked I have a major feeling that it was the Copy Atlantis that is destroyed by the Replicators because they realise that the copies are helping the originals disable them (replicators).

Its all falling to place