PDA

View Full Version : "Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoiler)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

The_Carpenter
December 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
They will be destroyed im guessing...

If you remember that scene in The Seer where Atlantis is being attacked I have a major feeling that it was the Copy Atlantis that is destroyed by the Replicators because they realise that the copies are helping the originals disable them (replicators).

Its all falling to place

Excellent prediction... Green for you. This sounds like a Atlantis version of Double Jeopardy but with more depth (am watching that one now) which is awesome.

Redhooks
December 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
I was thinking about this episode after staring at Jill Wagner, *cough* :D I mean the picture of Larrin with a tied up Sheppard, and I thought that there can't be too much of this scene in an already seemingly crowded episode. I think this might be part of the teaser or the 1st act when Sheppard goes to the Travelers to ask for their help and before Larrin comes to Atlantis (I assume) for the War Council. My question though is where do you think each of the characters will be during the "Huge" space battle?

My guesses:

Sheppard - On board the Travelers' Ancient Warship. (I'm assuming they will not have perfected their control interface adapter yet.)

Carter - On board the Daedalus.

McKay - On board the Apollo.

Teyla - In command at Atlantis just as she was in No Man's Land.

Ronon - Not sure, but hopefully with Sheppard on the Travelers' Ancient Warship. (Just so that Jill Wagner will have a long scene where Jason Momoa is present because she said after Travelers that is one thing she really wanted at least once on a SGA episode since they are friends from LA.)

Zelenka - Probably with McKay.

Anyone else have ideas?

PG15
December 2nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Ok guys and gals, bring out your inner fanboy/fangirls:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=37

I'm all for character development and plot twists and junk, but come on; once in a while you just need a good ole' CGI extravaganza. From JM's words I've always thought it'll be great, but...3+ minutes?!

*drools*

Redhooks
December 2nd, 2007, 11:21 PM

I'm all for character development and plot twists and junk, but come on; once in a while you just need a good ole' CGI extravaganza. From JM's words I've always thought it'll be great, but...3+ minutes?!

*drools*
Well the last part from that story about being on the planet's surface may have just rendered my previous post about where people will be a bad guess. :o :( I love speculating, except when I am wrong. ;):)

Integrabyte
December 4th, 2007, 12:21 AM
As long as Caldwell has time to show Carter how he decorated his quarters I don't mind what happens in this episode.

*Thump whump, thud on the floor :D*

....funny how this episode sounds like Camelot the Pegasus version :D. Apollo = Korolev, Dedy=Odyssey, Travllers+Wraith = Asgard and allies ships before the big bang...

dresi4
December 4th, 2007, 04:22 AM
PG15: What did you expect? 20 minutes of space battles? IMO this is not big film for 100 milions dolars. It will be eight minutes, if you count the scenes on planet surface with Darths over Asura. I think, it's gonna be awesome. The good episode isn't only CGI effects.

Only my opinion :)

reddevil18
December 4th, 2007, 08:43 AM
....funny how this episode sounds like Camelot the Pegasus version :D. Apollo = Korolev, Dedy=Odyssey, Travllers+Wraith = Asgard and allies ships before the big bang...
Well, let's just hope the Apollo doesn't go the way of the Korolev. But perhaps Ellis can hit his head and die...:D

Naonak
December 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM

*drools*
I don't got an inner fanboy. Just an outer fanboy, and an inner normal person. :p

And, uh... Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

If it's interspersed with cool action scenes, that'll be a great ten minutes. If it's really dramatic stuff, same again. :D

PG15
December 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
PG15: What did you expect? 20 minutes of space battles? IMO this is not big film for 100 milions dolars. It will be eight minutes, if you count the scenes on planet surface with Darths over Asura. I think, it's gonna be awesome. The good episode isn't only CGI effects.

Only my opinion :)

You misunderstand; my "3 minutes?!" wasn't an expression of disappointment, but rather an expression of OMFG!! THIS IS GOING TO ROCK SO HARD!!! :D

Given that the First Strike sequences blew me away, I fully intend to faint from enjoyment during "Be All My Sins Remember'd". ;)

Heaven
December 4th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Well, let's just hope the Apollo doesn't go the way of the Korolev. But perhaps Ellis can hit his head and die...:D
Amen :)

jonos101
December 4th, 2007, 08:47 PM
You misunderstand; my "3 minutes?!" wasn't an expression of disappointment, but rather an expression of OMFG!! THIS IS GOING TO ROCK SO HARD!!! :D

Given that the First Strike sequences blew me away, I fully intend to faint from enjoyment during "Be All My Sins Remember'd". ;)

i fully intend to do something else from enjoyment;) OMFG this is goin to be F'N GREAT

dresi4
December 4th, 2007, 11:17 PM

upss, sorry, my fault :S

beale947
December 7th, 2007, 10:20 AM
with the Sky One synopisis, we can assume that the planet seen blowing up in the season 4 trailer, is Asura going windward :P

*Hopes that it's caused by replicators self destructing or (and) the ZPM's powering the cities overloading.

Redhooks
December 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM
with the Sky One synopisis, we can assume that the planet seen blowing up in the season 4 trailer, is Asura going windward :P

*Hopes that it's caused by replicators self destructing or (and) the ZPM's powering the cities overloading.
Wild speculation:
Since we now know that
(TMC spoiler)
the Atlantis team has this tracking device for Replicator Aurora-class warships, how will we use it?
-Will we share the location info with the Wraith?
-Use it conjunction with the Wraith Replicator virus to attack Asura itself as has been suggested in order to destroy the controlling "collective" at its source thus rendering the ships as useless. If useless, but not destroyed, don't we want to grab a few ships or just try to destroy all of them lest they fall into the hands of the Wraith or less worrysome the Travelers?
-Another use perhaps?

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Wild speculation:
Since we now know that
(TMC spoiler)
the Atlantis team has this tracking device for Replicator Aurora-class warships, how will we use it?
-Will we share the location info with the Wraith?
-Use it conjunction with the Wraith Replicator virus to attack Asura itself as has been suggested in order to destroy the controlling "collective" at its source thus rendering the ships as useless. If useless, but not destroyed, don't we want to grab a few ships or just try to destroy all of them lest they fall into the hands of the Wraith or less worrysome the Travelers?
-Another use perhaps?

Or could that device be used to actually track us?

prion
December 10th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Skiffy put this up today

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/BAMSR.jpg

So, doesn't look like our Common Ground wraith (stuck in the basement, still?) but probably just one they have to work with.

PG15
December 10th, 2007, 06:36 PM
No, that's him. You can tell by his KISS-inspired tattoo around the eyes.

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM
No, that's him. You can tell by his KISS-inspired tattoo around the eyes.

Yeah it's him it's a bad shot that's all.

captain jake
December 10th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah it's him it's a bad shot that's all.

Can you honestly have a bad shot of a wraith? They are all kinda nasty...

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Can you honestly have a bad shot of a wraith? They are all kinda nasty...

Good point.

captain jake
December 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Good point.

As for this wraith, have we found out what his name is?

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 09:51 PM
As for this wraith, have we found out what his name is?

Todd. We find out in either BAMSR or Spoils of War.

captain jake
December 10th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Todd. We find out in either BAMSR or Spoils of War.

Todd? are you kidding me?

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Todd? are you kidding me?

Nope. It was on JM's blog.

captain jake
December 10th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Nope. It was on JM's blog.

That sucks! I mean what a crappy name for a badass wraith... He should be named something warrior like. Not Toddddd!

Vala_M
December 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM
That sucks! I mean what a crappy name for a badass wraith... He should be named something warrior like. Not Toddddd!

Sheppard likes to name them like that. Remember Bob and Steve from season 1?

Vala,

Anubis91
December 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Sheppard likes to name them like that. Remember Bob and Steve from season 1?

Vala,

But I don't think it's Sheppard that call him this way, I thought it was his real name, at least a way to pronounce it ! Am I mistaking ?

Jeff O'Connor
December 12th, 2007, 11:39 AM
No, it's a nickname. The news snippet for the SkyOne article giving more details on this episode has parentheses next to 'Todd' which reads something along the lines of (nicknamed later in the season).

I'm sure John had a hand in it, after much bickering over how to refer to him. As was said before, remember Bob and Steve?

kirmit
December 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM
It's a nickname, didn't Mckay ask Todd what his name was and he refused to answer in 'The Seer'?

Jumper_One
December 12th, 2007, 02:39 PM
it'd be really weir it the Wraith would give themselves names like Steve, Bob and Todd

Vala_M
December 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Why have we never learned a Wraith's name? Is it that they don't have any or that humans aren't "worthy enough"?

Vala,

jenks
December 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I've always thought that because they can communicate with each other with their minds, they probably don't need them...

Jumper_One
December 12th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I guess it's just something we haven't learned yet - whatever the reasons may be, there's a lot of stuff we don't know about the Wraith

EDIT: or what jenks and The_Carpenter said ;)

The_Carpenter
December 12th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Why have we never learned a Wraith's name? Is it that they don't have any or that humans aren't "worthy enough"?

Vala,

Gonna go with the view that we are not worthy enough.

I mean they essentially view us as cattle, I guess they're just not used to their food talking back to them!

rarocks24
December 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
It'd be really weird if the Wraith gave themselves names like Steve, Bob and Todd.

;)

And yes, yes it would.

Mitchell82
December 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM
it'd be really weir it the Wraith would give themselves names like Steve, Bob and Todd

Yeah it would be weird. BTW you do realize just how funny your typo is right?

Mitchell82
December 12th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I've always thought that because they can communicate with each other with their minds, they probably don't need them...

Or we just couldn't pronounce them. Like Lt. Tyler's real name.

freetoken
December 13th, 2007, 01:27 AM
So this thought occurred to me...

Remember pre-season 4 spoilers where Carter was suppose to "show up in her own ship"? Well, so far she hasn't, but her mysterious absence from "mortal coil" could be explained by the fact that she was back on earth, picking up the first earth ship that has been outfitted with back-engineered Asgard designs gleaned from the Asgard database.

Thus, imagine the story line... IOC asks the US to supply a ship to help defend Atlantis, so one is assigned and shows up just in time to meet the Replicator Navy about to descend upon Atlantis.

reddevil18
December 13th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Remember pre-season 4 spoilers where Carter was suppose to "show up in her own ship"? Well, so far she hasn't, but her mysterious absence from "mortal coil" could be explained by the fact that she was back on earth, picking up the first earth ship that has been outfitted with back-engineered Asgard designs gleaned from the Asgard database.

Thus, imagine the story line... IOC asks the US to supply a ship to help defend Atlantis, so one is assigned and shows up just in time to meet the Replicator Navy about to descend upon Atlantis.

Ummm...no.

jenks
December 13th, 2007, 04:49 AM

That comment was referring to the Apollo, it wasn't supposed to be interpreted as if she were coming in her own personal ship...

Jumper_One
December 13th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah it would be weird. BTW you do realize just how funny your typo is right?

haha actually I had no idea what you were talking about, had to read my post 4 times until I finally spotted it. awesome :p

McSwift
December 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
"Spent most of the day in editing today ('Reunion' is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the 'Be All My Sins Remember'd' read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we'd known he'd do such a spectacular job, we'd have cast HIM for 'Travelers.'"
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

I just noticed that and noticed that it didn't make any sense.

Is he getting killed off?

The_Carpenter
December 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Nope His back in the Kindred

Platschu
December 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I hope they won't kill him. I miss him, but I won't miss Abe Ellis. He should go, because I don't like his accent and his appearance reminded me as a substitute for Caldwell. I believe they brought the Apollo into Atlantis, because Mitch Pileggi wasn't available for First Strike. I couldn't understand how could the Daedalus's staff work on Apollo. :S

Redhooks
December 13th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I read the part of Caldwell and really killed.

It was Joe M. using slang meaning that he did a great job of portraying Caldwell during the read-through. Caldwell does not get killed as a previous poster mentioned.

AscendedTauri
December 13th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I can't wait for the non-stop thrill ride this episode is going to be like!

freetoken
December 13th, 2007, 10:19 PM
That comment was referring to the Apollo, it wasn't supposed to be interpreted as if she were coming in her own personal ship...

I did not mean to imply that she would show up her own private vehicle! Rather that she shows up in a ship, rather than walks through the gate.

Trying to harmonize the absence of Carter and the possibility that in BAMSR the plotline includes use of Asgard goodies.

Mitchell82
December 13th, 2007, 11:11 PM
haha actually I had no idea what you were talking about, had to read my post 4 times until I finally spotted it. awesome :p

Took you that long eh? Fall asleep in computer class?;)J/K. It's easy to do that when you are typing. I think we all are guilty.;)

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I can't wait for the non-stop thrill ride this episode is going to be like!

same here it's gonna be awesome :D

Took you that long eh? Fall asleep in computer class?;)J/K. It's easy to do that when you are typing.

nah I was awake. IDK maybe I was thinking of Weir when I wrote that sentence ;)

I think we all are guilty.;)

:indeed:

PG15
December 14th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Minor tidbit from JM:

Jamie writes: “are there perhaps any other Rodney/Teyla friendship moments in upcoming episodes?”

Answer: BAMSR.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/december-11-2007/

inevaexisted
December 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I've a feeling that there are still some Replicators around who want to ascend, and that they will some how contribute..be it that they make 'real bodies' for themselves and transfer their consciousness into them, as well as pilot some of the aurora class ships they no doubt would have procured...

Integrabyte
December 15th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Are we there yet?

Fenrir Foxz
December 15th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I've a feeling that there are still some Replicators around who want to ascend, and that they will some how contribute..be it that they make 'real bodies' for themselves and transfer their consciousness into them, as well as pilot some of the aurora class ships they no doubt would have procured...

That would be good to see...
But I thought there were only a few left of Niems group, all the others were reset and the ones that managed to stay hidden broke away to run the experiments seen in TMC... and they were destroyed along with repli-Atlantis.

Mitchell82
December 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Minor tidbit from JM:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/december-11-2007/

Nice. Can't wait.

Redhooks
December 15th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I was looking at the Ronon's Gun thread in the Travelers folder and I was wondering if there will be a mention by Ronon about his energy pistol being like the Travelers' weapons if Larrin is allowed to bring her's to the war council in this episode? That would hopefully answer some of the questions about Ronon's energy pistol left over from the slight (IMO) mention by Sheppard in Travelers.

Ripple in Space
December 16th, 2007, 01:15 PM
For me:

:sam:: I just got off of the phone with General O'Neill; he thinks we should hold off on officially declaring Elizabeth deceased.

:sheppard:: I think that's the right call... for now anyway.

:mckay:: Agreed.

:sam:: So... I'm off duty now. I brought my MacGyver boxset from Earth, want to watch season one?

:sheppard::mckay: [give each other confused looks]

:sheppard::mckay: (in unison): sure

Jumper_One
December 16th, 2007, 01:34 PM
the best damn space battle in SG history

ditto :D

Redhooks
December 16th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Here are some screencaps from the 2nd half promo video that I think will be in this episode.
First one is a battle between a Wraith Cruiser and a BC-304 that now might not be from this episode.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Wraith-ReplicatorShipsfromBAMSR01.jpg

The second and third are a BC-304 (with what looks like Asgard lasers to me, too "bright" for rail gun fire) attacking an Aurora-class Replicator ship. The fin on the ship being attacked is a giveaway for an Aurora. You can also barely see some other ships in the background.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/304ShipfromBAMSR01.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/304ShipfromBAMSR02.jpg

PG15
December 16th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Here are some screencaps from the 2nd half promo video that I think will be in this episode.
First one is a battle between a Wraith Cruiser and what I believe is a smaller Replicator ship like the ones in This Mortal Coil.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Wraith-ReplicatorShipsfromBAMSR01.jpg

That's a Daedalus class ship the cruiser is attacking.

Fenrir Foxz
December 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Cool spoiler pictures... Shouldn't they be wrapped in 'Spoiler tags' ?

Like this?

**And BTW that ship in the first pic, I'd say it's a BC304 not Asuran**

Redhooks
December 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
That's a Daedalus class ship the cruiser is attacking.

Like this?

**And BTW that ship in the first pic, I'd say it's a BC304 not Asuran**
You are both right about the first pic. It didn't look like a 304 to me because I don't see the protrusion at the front of the ship. Here is a screencap from Lifeline of the Apollo and it shows without question it is a 304.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/Apollo-Lifeline.jpg

As far as spoilers, as long as the pics don't stretch out the page, you don't need them in a thread that is marked with *Spoilers* in the title.

Jumper_One
December 17th, 2007, 08:11 AM
wow thanx for the pics Redhooks, this ep's gonna be awesome :)

Like this?

why? this is 'the "Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread *spoilers' thread

Fenrir Foxz
December 17th, 2007, 08:38 AM
why? this is 'the "Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread *spoilers' thread

Yeah I kind of missed that... Thanks for pointing that out:cool:

Jumper_One
December 17th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah I kind of missed that... Thanks for pointing that out:cool:

:lol: no problem :)

mlarke
December 17th, 2007, 11:37 AM
So today I was rewatching the episode "Travelers" and I got this crazy freakin' idea.

Stay with me here.

So the Travelers have this shiny new 10,000 year old Aurora class ship right. They can probably go all over the place now, doing all kinds of crazy stuff.

Well, the Atlantis team now has this new fangled tracking device that shows where every Aurora class ship in the galaxy is.

Two things can be inferred from this. 1.) This is probably how they will come into contact with the Travelers again, either they will find a little beeping dot sitting by itself out in the middle of nowhere, or the Travelers will be in trouble and use Sheppards method of contacting Atlantis for help. 2.) One of those little beeping dots at the end of "This Mortal Coil" is actually the Travelers ship, meaning there is actually one less ship out there that they have to worry about.

I guess that is all, discuss freely and if you so desire, flame away.

Redhooks
December 17th, 2007, 12:14 PM
So today I was rewatching the episode "Travelers" and I got this crazy freakin' idea.

Stay with me here.

So the Travelers have this shiny new 10,000 year old Aurora class ship right. They can probably go all over the place now, doing all kinds of crazy stuff.

Well, the Atlantis team now has this new fangled tracking device that shows where every Aurora class ship in the galaxy is.

Two things can be inferred from this. 1.) This is probably how they will come into contact with the Travelers again, either they will find a little beeping dot sitting by itself out in the middle of nowhere, or the Travelers will be in trouble and use Sheppards method of contacting Atlantis for help. 2.) One of those little beeping dots at the end of "This Mortal Coil" is actually the Travelers ship, meaning there is actually one less ship out there that they have to worry about.

I guess that is all, discuss freely and if you so desire, flame away.
First of all, you probably should have posted this in the BAMSR pre-airing thread. Second, the device ONLY tracks Replicator Aurora-class ships and the Travelers ship is not one of those. It will be interesting how Sheppard contacts Larrin, but it probably be through one of the spy satellites the Travelers used to find someone with the ATA gene with. That is my opinion anyway.

Jumper_One
December 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
First of all, you probably should have posted this in the BAMSR pre-airing thread. Second, the device ONLY tracks Replicator Aurora-class ships and the Travelers ship is not one of those. It will be interesting how Sheppard contacts Larrin, but it probably be through one of the spy satellites the Travelers used to find someone with the ATA gene with. That is my opinion anyway.

do we know that it is Sheppard who contacts Larrin and not the other way around?

Integrabyte
December 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM
We getting closer :D. Popcorn anyone? :D

Redhooks
December 17th, 2007, 01:30 PM
do we know that it is Sheppard who contacts Larrin and not the other way around?
Since we need the Travelers, I'm assuming we contact them and then Sheppard goes and meets them. The official photo of Larrin with a tied up Sheppard is probably when he is pitching his request to Larrin for her help and since she still may not trust him, she has him tied up. That is my take on it anyway. 11 days until we find out. :)

mlarke
December 17th, 2007, 01:33 PM

my apologies if this is in the wrong area, i haven't completely spoiled myself on the upcoming episodes so i had no idea when, or if, they would even contact them in this season. I was thinking more "down the road." Did they say it only tracks the Replicator ships?

Sorry, I just made myself laugh pretty hard. I was re-reading the first sentence and saw the "completely spoiled myself" and it awfully close to "completely soiled myself."

If they did say that it only tracks Rep ships, never mind.

have a good weekend. Oh yeah, it's monday. I'm on vacation for a week and a half, so my concept of time is slightly off.

SGFerrit
December 18th, 2007, 05:32 AM
MASSIVE SPOILERS found regarding BAMSR/SoW, from Morjana in the reviews thread in the 'News' section.

It seems the Asurans will be destroyed... But not all of them... And those that remain will have a... familiar leader (WEIR!):D

Also, carter stands up for her people and shows she won't let others talk them down:D

CAN'T. FRAGGING. WAIT!

Jumper_One
December 18th, 2007, 05:52 AM
MASSIVE SPOILERS found regarding BAMSR/SoW, from Morjana in the reviews thread in the 'News' section.

It seems the Asurans will be destroyed... But not all of them... And those that remain will have a... familiar leader (WEIR!):D

Also, carter stands up for her people and shows she won't let others talk them down:D

CAN'T. FRAGGING. WAIT!

:eek: awesome :D thanks for the news :)

SGFerrit
December 18th, 2007, 07:38 AM
All praise to Morjana:)

(And 'Jen's little brother';))

Vala_M
December 18th, 2007, 09:25 AM

CAN'T. FRAGGING. WAIT!

WOW! Really! That is too cool!!!

That is so cool! Are these good Asurans I assume? If so, how did Dr. Weir survive or is she another clone? This is so good! Will these other Asurans be good or bad?

Vala,

Jumper_One
December 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
WOW! Really! That is too cool!!!

That is so cool! Are these good Asurans I assume? If so, how did Dr. Weir survive or is she another clone? This is so good! Will these other Asurans be good or bad?

Vala,

we don't know yet. Weir will return as RepliWeir or DupliWeir, she may lead the Asurans or Niam's group. whether the Asurans will be good or bad is another question. personally I can't see them become good, that would really suck imo

SGFerrit
December 18th, 2007, 09:46 AM
we don't know yet. Weir will return as RepliWeir or DupliWeir, she may lead the Asurans or Niam's group. whether the Asurans will be good or bad is another question. personally I can't see them become good, that would really suck imo

I can't really see Weir leading an evil group of Asurans...

Jumper_One
December 18th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I can't really see Weir leading an evil group of Asurans...

I'm not sure about that either but it would open up a lot of possibilities for the show and cool plots

Integrabyte
December 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure about that either but it would open up a lot of possibilities for the show and cool plots

Who says they are evil?

Clairey
December 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM

CAN'T. FRAGGING. WAIT!

Hwaah! Can't wait!

Lythisrose
December 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
If Weir does end up leading a group of acension bound Asurans it will be a good way to leave the door open for appearances in Season 5. Since we kind of know she won't be in more than one more Season 4 episode. I do like the way she is written this season (repli!Weir/dupli!Weir or Original Recipe) much better than in previous seasons.
Can't wait either! :)

Vala_M
December 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM
This is yet another example of Atlantis reusing SG-1 episodes, RepliCarter killed Fifth and then lead the Replicators herself and now Oberoth gets killed (presumably) and RepliWeir takes over.

Vala,

Integrabyte
December 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
This is yet another example of Atlantis reusing SG-1 episodes, RepliCarter killed Fifth and then lead the Replicators herself and now Oberoth gets killed (presumably) and RepliWeir takes over.

Vala,

Original plot :P

Redhooks
December 18th, 2007, 01:28 PM

CAN'T. FRAGGING. WAIT!
The second part of the spoiler has already been mentioned months ago by JM on his blog. He just didn't say who Carter was going to get angry with for showing disrespect to someone under her command. I wonder if Col. Caldwell was dressing down Sheppard for his unspeakable and unprofessional behavior when dealing with the Travelers (especially Larrin) and leading to us not getting the Ancient warship. (Tongue firmly in cheek.) ;) :P :D

Oh wait! I thinking about a Caldwell on here that thought that of Sheppard. :P My bad. :)

SGFerrit
December 18th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Vala,

Eh? Does Weir kill or 'overthrow' Oberoth? Doubt it. Does Weir take on millions of Replicators so she can overthrow the galaxy? Doubt it. Is RepliWeir a replicator, like RepliCarter was? No, she is a human with a few nanites.

I'm sick of this 'rehash' crap. We haven't even seen the thing yet!!!

Leliana McKay
December 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
That's a very interesting spoiler indeed! ** does her interpretation Teal'c raising one eyebrow**
Thank you so much for the spoiler Morjana and SGFerrit!!

Hmm, I thought that Torri was not supposed to come back. Joe Mallozzi said she wanted to move on or something like that. It is interesting because keeping the RepliWeir storyline open seems like an effort from the writers not to piss all the fans. Maybe they are scared of us after the whole Carson campaign??

I am very happy with this spoiler...now comes the theorizing that will give me a headache (well, not as much as trying to figure out The Last Man plot).

I'm thinking something along the line of...
RepliWeir in the right place during the power vacuum left after the Team destroy the Asurans... maybe only "good" replicators are left but I think more of a mix of them and Weir trying to convince them to be friendly.

Mitchell82
December 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
:eek: awesome :D thanks for the news :)

Sweet!

Vala_M
December 18th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Eh? Does Weir kill or 'overthrow' Oberoth? Doubt it. Does Weir take on millions of Replicators so she can overthrow the galaxy? Doubt it. Is RepliWeir a replicator, like RepliCarter was? No, she is a human with a few nanites.

I'm sick of this 'rehash' crap. We haven't even seen the thing yet!!!

Those bits don't matter, it's the same basic idea. Just like "Progeny" in a way is a copy of "Unnatural Selection" except that they end up taking Niam with them in Atlantis whereas in SG-1 they left Fifth in the time dialation field at the end of "Unnatural Selection".

Someone should really make a list of all of the ideas from SG-1 that were reused on Atlantis.

But so far:

"Rising" is basically a copy of "Children of the Gods"
"The Intruder" is a copy of "Entity"
"Condemned" is a copy of "Prisoners"
Any episode where they get a ship and it ends up getting destroyed
"Grace Under Pressure" is a copy of "Grace"
"Progeny" is a copy of "Unnatural Selection" as I stated above
"This Mortal Coil" is a copy of "Tin Man"/"Double Jeopardy"
"Be All My Sins Remember'd"/"Spoils of War" (possibly) are a copy of the whole season 8 RepliCarter story

Those are just the ones I can think of for the moment, I'm sure there are many more.

I love Atlantis very much and I'm not complaining against it but I just am bothered a lot by the reuse of old SG-1 stories, except, for the most part, with different ends.

Vala,

GateMan2000
December 19th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah if a little aspect of a show even the hints to an SG1 episode, it is considers a remake. Lawl at those people!

SGFerrit
December 19th, 2007, 07:33 AM
@ Vala M

Sorry, but I don't think you are able to differentiate between copy and similar plot devices. if the tried to pass a total copy off as a new idea I would agree with you, but using a similar plot device is hard to avoid, and can lead to great stories, i.e Doppelganger. I mean for god sake the Klingons were used in every single Star Trek series, and that race barely even changed. But that wasn't considered a copy or rehash.

@ Gateman 2000
Totally agree.

Vala_M
December 19th, 2007, 09:33 AM
@ Vala M

Sorry, but I don't think you are able to differentiate between copy and similar plot devices. if the tried to pass a total copy off as a new idea I would agree with you, but using a similar plot device is hard to avoid, and can lead to great stories, i.e Doppelganger. I mean for god sake the Klingons were used in every single Star Trek series, and that race barely even changed. But that wasn't considered a copy or rehash.

@ Gateman 2000
Totally agree.

Except that is the reuse of the SAME race in every show, not a close copy. Milky Way/Ida Replicators and Asurans are similar but not the same, your argument would make sense from my perspective if we were talking about the same Replicators being used in both shows but they're not.

Atlantis needs to separate itself more from SG-1, since the beginning of the show, the writers have always been afraid to make the show be it's own, Atlantis has had MANY episodes which feature Earth or the SGC while SG-1 has only had ONE episode where they use Atlantis in it.

Either the writers are afraid to do too many original ideas for the sake of not losing fans or something like that or they just like SG-1 too much (I can't blame them for that one) and they want to relive SG-1 stories through Atlantis or try alternate routes like keeping Niam as opposed to lying to Fifth and such. The Puddle jumper being what SG-1 used the cargo ship for, the layout of Atlantis (Gate room, control room, Briefing room and commander's office) close proximity just like in the SGC.

And I belive that there were other discussions about this a while back on here.

Again, I don't hate the show or dislike it or anything but I do not like when they copy the show so much from SG-1, I like Atlantis and for that, I want original ideas, at least original enough that they aren't SG-1 copies.

Vala,

GateMan2000
December 19th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Except that is the reuse of the SAME race in every show, not a close copy. Milky Way/Ida Replicators and Asurans are similar but not the same, your argument would make sense from my perspective if we were talking about the same Replicators being used in both shows but they're not.

Atlantis needs to separate itself more from SG-1, since the beginning of the show, the writers have always been afraid to make the show be it's own, Atlantis has had MANY episodes which feature Earth or the SGC while SG-1 has only had ONE episode where they use Atlantis in it.

Either the writers are afraid to do too many original ideas for the sake of not losing fans or something like that or they just like SG-1 too much (I can't blame them for that one) and they want to relive SG-1 stories through Atlantis or try alternate routes like keeping Niam as opposed to lying to Fifth and such. The Puddle jumper being what SG-1 used the cargo ship for, the layout of Atlantis (Gate room, control room, Briefing room and commander's office) close proximity just like in the SGC.

And I belive that there were other discussions about this a while back on here.

Again, I don't hate the show or dislike it or anything but I do not like when they copy the show so much from SG-1, I like Atlantis and for that, I want original ideas, at least original enough that they aren't SG-1 copies.

Vala,

One could say that some of Stargate is a rip off of Star Trek and Babylon 5! LoL...I can dive deep into examples if you would like. But what it boils down to is that really good story arcs can span across many different spectrums and be can slightly changed to fix a show's need. Probably about 99% of the viewers do not try to pick out the similarities between the different shows.

Mitchell82
December 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Those bits don't matter, it's the same basic idea. Just like "Progeny" in a way is a copy of "Unnatural Selection" except that they end up taking Niam with them in Atlantis whereas in SG-1 they left Fifth in the time dialation field at the end of "Unnatural Selection".
It's similar but not a carbon copy.

Someone should really make a list of all of the ideas from SG-1 that were reused on Atlantis.

But so far:
I'm more than happy to debat this.

"Rising" is basically a copy of "Children of the Gods"
Really? It is? Um how? The only similarity is that it's a pilot ep that introuces Atlantis and our enemies. That's it.

"The Intruder" is a copy of "Entity"
No it's not it's completly different. Entity dealt with an alien AI that hid in a M.A.L.P. then took Carter over. Intruder dealt with a Wraith computer virus that was taking over the ship while trying to kill us. SImilar but not a copy.

"Condemned" is a copy of "Prisoners"
Nope sorry try again. In Prisoners SG-1 unwillingly helped a murderer which got them sent to a penal colony and accidently let a genocidal alien loose on the galaxy. In Condemned the team gets attacked by a group of criminals on a penal colony then saved by the athorities. On the way back home they get shot down and then have to find a wy to escape. Oh yeah the city made a deal with the Wraith. Not even close.

Any episode where they get a ship and it ends up getting destroyed
Well with that line of thought any scifi show or movie is a copy of each other.

"Grace Under Pressure" is a copy of "Grace"
Similar but not a copy.

"This Mortal Coil" is a copy of "Tin Man"/"Double Jeopardy"
I have no idea why some say this as it is as far from the same as all your other examples.

"Be All My Sins Remember'd"/"Spoils of War" (possibly) are a copy of the whole season 8 RepliCarter story
Specualtion nothing more.

Those are just the ones I can think of for the moment, I'm sure there are many more.

I love Atlantis very much and I'm not complaining against it but I just am bothered a lot by the reuse of old SG-1 stories, except, for the most part, with different ends.

Vala,

Just because some stories are similar does not make each story a rehash or copy.

Redhooks
December 19th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Please stop with the OT of SGA using re-hashed plots or whatever. There is at least one thread on that topic already in the season 4 folder.
Especially when you try to compare Babylon 5 to SGA you are getting farther away since I think B5 is a far superior series with a story line that is thoughout over the whole five years with some deviations. SGA is made up as the seasons go along with season long arcs really only starting this year, IMO.
To get back on-topic about BAMSR, does anyone think that as soon as the Replicators are destroyed (I am assuming that most are anyway,) the Wraith will turn against the Altantis team and the Travelers right away and that is how we end up with a damaged Hive ship? The one clip from the second half promo commercial showing a Wraith Cruiser attacking a BC-304 could be from this episode or Spoils of War, IMO.

Mitchell82
December 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Please stop with the OT of SGA using re-hashed plots or whatever. There is at least one thread on that topic already in the season 4 folder.
Iagree I was just responding to the poster.

Especially when you try to compare Babylon 5 to SGA you are getting farther away since I think B5 is a far superior series with a story line that is thoughout over the whole five years with some deviations. SGA is made up as the seasons go along with season long arcs really only starting this year, IMO.
I actually liked that about SGA instead of season long arcs it was just as good because the main arcs were still there. I never really cared for B5.

To get back on-topic about BAMSR, does anyone think that as soon as the Replicators are destroyed (I am assuming that most are anyway,) the Wraith will turn against the Altantis team and the Travelers right away and that is how we end up with a damaged Hive ship? The one clip from the second half promo commercial showing a Wraith Cruiser attacking a BC-304 could be from this episode or Spoils of War, IMO.
Hmm mabey though not all will be destroyed.

Integrabyte
December 19th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Come on Caldwell, shoot down some Asurans already :D

SGFerrit
December 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Well I guess you will be happy that the Asurans... (spoilers)

are about to be wiped out then.

Vala_M
December 19th, 2007, 11:23 AM

No, I'm not actually, because just like in "Reckoning", they have ships ALL OVER the galaxy and they are going to be wiped out in one or two episodes just like in SG-1. If they find a "Pegasus Dakara" I will be extremely disappointed. And don't forget the Aurora tracker is basically the Tok'ra tracking device in "Reckoning" as well, yet another copy for the same story.

And I will agree that there are differences in the SG-1/Atlantis copy episodes, they are basically small ones that play out big, for example, in "Prisoners" only SG-1, Linea and Simeon escaped whereas in "Condemned", all the prisoners escaped.

And I also have my comments on "Rising" being the same as "Children of the Gods" but I won't post those today in detail.

SG-1 goes to Abydos and are attacked - Atlantis team goes to Athos and is attacked
SG-1 mounts a rescue to Chulak - Atlantis team mounts a rescue to the Wraith planet

I am done for now as I don't want to see the thread closed for off topic stuff.

Vala,

SGFerrit
December 19th, 2007, 11:39 AM
SG-1 goes to Abydos and are attacked - Atlantis team goes to Athos and is attacked
SG-1 mounts a rescue to Chulak - Atlantis team mounts a rescue to the Wraith planet

1. The teams go to planets and get attacked, like, ALL the time.

2. Rescue missions have been mounted in numerous episodes.

Or is only a copy because both things happened, instead of just 1?

The episodes played out totally differently, and the feel couldn't have been any more different either... The only thing in common was mounting a rescue mission. I'm sorry, but I just don't see most of the 'copies' you are going on about. I've seen both eoisodes numerous times, and I never felt that way.

Skydiver
December 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM
closing this thread would indeed be a shame

Keep this about BAMSR or take it to the appropriate thread please

Jeff O'Connor
December 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Agreed!

Now, back to business. I think this episode will be noteworthy regardless, as it's cited for having the 'biggest space battle in Stargate yet', and that's gotta be cool. If there's one thing I think SGA has always done damned well, it's... well, it's John Sheppard. But if there are two things... well. If there are two things, they'd probably be John and Rodney. Three? Weir... Four? Ronon... Five... Beck... alright, look, this is no longer going the way I'd planned.

If there's one non-character-related thing I think SGA has always done damned well, it's its action scenes. Chalk it up to a young age, but I've always taken careful note of the 'action' part of most anything, and especially lately, Atlantis has delivered. It got me hooked straight from the first season in this department, and just kept raising the bar in several ways.

BAMSR is going to have itself a spectacular time raising said bar even higher when it comes to good ol' starships blowing the hezmana outta some other, less good and older ones, and I plan on grabbing me some popcorn and kicking back for this.

I'm also hyped for the prospect that Weir will be in this, but so long as when her fourth episode this season hits, it satisfies, I'm content with whenever.

Mitchell82
December 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM

No they won't not all of them.

Fenrir Foxz
December 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
No they won't not all of them.

I hope they wont anyway...

I like the Asurans, the whole deal with some of the wanting to ascend is very interesting and it would be good if that was explored more before...
They get wiped out...

jonos101
December 20th, 2007, 02:39 AM

I like the Asurans, the whole deal with some of the wanting to ascend is very interesting and it would be good if that was explored more before...
They get wiped out...

i agree i think its a very good and original storyline

ashman2
December 20th, 2007, 06:07 AM
If they find a "Pegasus Dakara" I will be extremely disappointed.

Surely on some level there has to be a Dakara-type machine, because Atlantis came to Pegasus and supposedly sowed the seeds of life in much the same way they did in the Milky Way, so surely they would have found another planet in Pegasus and put a machine there that could do a similar thing.

And I also have my comments on "Rising" being the same as "Children of the Gods" but I won't post those today in detail.

SG-1 mounts a rescue to Chulak - Atlantis team mounts a rescue to the Wraith planet.

How about just not posting them in this thread at all? Either the Season 1 (http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26) thread or the General Stargat Discussion (http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)thread.

Back on topic, I cannot wait for this, although I wish they would show it on Christmas day, like a nice big Christmas present to the world, or at least those who celebrate Christmas.

McSwift
December 20th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Have anyone heard what type of new Asgard Designed Weapon it may be? I hope its not lasers, but hopefully its not a rail gun again.

Whats the next leap in advancement?

g.o.d
December 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
it could be:

improved missiles
improved railguns
laser/beam weapons
laser cannons

I personally hope it will be beam weapons (reminds me old good game Freespace 2 and beam weapons. That's what I would like to see)

McSwift
December 20th, 2007, 08:28 AM
it could be:

improved missiles
improved railguns
laser/beam weapons
laser cannons

I personally hope it will be beam weapons (reminds me old good game Freespace 2 and beam weapons. That's what I would like to see)

I personally hope it is either, "Hyperspace Missiles" or "Laser Cannons".

The Laser Cannons would have to shoot off like little shots (like Ha'Tak Motherships). I think jumping into laser beam weapons is too early. Especially since we don't know how to make super strong shields and faster hyperdrives like the asgard.

jenks
December 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I've seen a few clips from the back half of season 4, it just looks like they're using rail guns to me...

GateMan2000
December 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I think its going to be the same weapons that were used in the last episode of SG1 vs. the Ori.

McSwift
December 20th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I think its going to be the same weapons that were used in the last episode of SG1 vs. the Ori.

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

In Episode 3x20 (First Strike), McKay and Weir talks to Ellis about the PWRW (Planetary Wide Anti Replicator Weapon), something that Area 51 is working on during that time.

In SG1, the Asgards figured out how to deploy a wide range of satellite weapons to wipe out any Replicators that came nearby their planets.

Possibly, this PWRW is what is going to be as our new weapon.

Possibly, the pulse generated by the PWRW may be our new weapon as well.

Note that Asgards have used pulse technology to wipe out Replicator ships on Ha'tak ships.

Why destroy ships when you can destroy the replicators and take their ships (Spoils of War).

GateMan2000
December 20th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

In Episode 3x20 (First Strike), McKay and Weir talks to Ellis about the PWRW (Planetary Wide Anti Replicator Weapon), something that Area 51 is working on during that time.

In SG1, the Asgards figured out how to deploy a wide range of satellite weapons to wipe out any Replicators that came nearby their planets.

Possibly, this PWRW is what is going to be as our new weapon.

Possibly, the pulse generated by the PWRW may be our new weapon as well.

Note that Asgards have used pulse technology to wipe out Replicator ships on Ha'tak ships.

Why destroy ships when you can destroy the replicators and take their ships (Spoils of War).

And give the people of Earth & PG tons of ancient warships? That isn't going to happen lol. It is a good idea though! Like I said, it is most likely the laser type weapons they used to take down the Ori ships.

McSwift
December 20th, 2007, 08:56 AM
And give the people of Earth & PG tons of ancient warships? That isn't going to happen lol. It is a good idea though! Like I said, it is most likely the laser type weapons they used to take down the Ori ships.

Good point, however, giving us laser weapons like the ones that took out the Ori also would make us far too powerful.

The only way I can see that my hypothesis may be correct is if the Wraith tries to take those ships from us too.

Darien
December 20th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I don't see why we would be so uber powerful with only 2 or 3 ships even if those have the unending weapons. We are still massively outnumbered both by the wraith and the asurans. What's more, it is highly possible that the weapon won't be that powerful because neither the daedalus nor the apollo has a zpm.

GateMan2000
December 20th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I don't see why we would be so uber powerful with only 2 or 3 ships even if those have the unending weapons. We are still massively outnumbered both by the wraith and the asurans. What's more, it is highly possible that the weapon won't be that powerful because neither the daedalus nor the apollo has a zpm.

What he said :)

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM

Because those would be the most advanced weapons in the galaxy and make us basically win every battle and make us feared by everyone.

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 09:44 AM

They get wiped out...

I think we'll definatly slim their numbers but not wipe all of them out.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM

They get wiped out...

same here. they may be replicators but they're very different than the MW ones. and though right now Oberoth is only interested in fighting the Wraith and...well us I really hope that ascension will play a part again in future eps. but just to be clear I do not want them to actually achieve it. that wouldn't be right imo

yup that's probably what's gonna happen in BAMSR

ashman2
December 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM

perhaps they'll reprogram them, and then destroy the main planet so there is nothing for the Wraith to harvest, and then the asurans that ar elft will be on their own ships, or other planets, and programmed to keep to themselves at all costs. or something similar

jenks
December 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
The Ancients had superior technology and greater numbers than we do, and it didn't do them much good.

The Prophet
December 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM
We need clones.

*Star Wars fans throw popcorn at the screen*

Darien
December 20th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Because those would be the most advanced weapons in the galaxy and make us basically win every battle and make us feared by everyone.
One on one maybe. But how many let's say hive ships do you think the daedalus can take on at a time with it's uber weapons? 2 maybe 3? That would mean if we have 2 ships they are a match for 6 hive ships. I guess the wraith still have much more than that not even counting their cruisers. Then how about auroras? I don't think they are any worse than our upgraded 304s. And the asurans have over 30 of them. I don't see how we could as you've said win every battle.

The Ancients had superior technology and greater numbers than we do, and it didn't do them much good.
Spot on!

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
One on one maybe. But how many let's say hive ships do you think the daedalus can take on at a time with it's uber weapons? 2 maybe 3? That would mean if we have 2 ships they are a match for 6 hive ships. I guess the wraith still have much more than that not even counting their cruisers. Then how about auroras? I don't think they are any worse than our upgraded 304s. And the asurans have over 30 of them. I don't see how we could as you've said win every battle.

Spot on!

I see your point but I'm pretty sure those weapons would tear right through the shields of hive ships and Asuran ships. I don't think any of the ships shields are strong enough to repell them. Jenks makes a good point too however.

Ltcolshepjumper
December 20th, 2007, 02:41 PM
So, the Asgard are (were) the most advanced race in the universe now?

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM

The new technology they gave us was their best and latest so they literally went out with a bang and gave us their most advanced tech.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM

no the most advanced race in the universe (as far as we know) were the Ancients but the Asgard were pretty advanced too

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 02:46 PM
no the most advanced race in the universe (as far as we know) were the Ancients but the Asgard were pretty advanced too

Yeah but their weaponry they gave us is more advanced than the Ancients I think. They went right through the ORI's sheilds.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah but their weaponry they gave us is more advanced than the Ancients I think. They went right through the ORI's sheilds.

we can't know this for a fact

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 02:54 PM
we can't know this for a fact

What do you mean we saw that in Unending.

kirmit
December 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM

The problem with the Asurans is that they replicate, you leave even one nanite and they'll respawn the entire civilisation. TPTB can't leave any alive because it looks asif they want them totally out of the picture by the end of season 4, if some survive the threat is still in place.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
What do you mean we saw that in Unending.

I meant we don't know if the Asgard's weapons are more advanced than the Ancients'

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
The problem with the Asurans is that they replicate, you leave even one nanite and they'll respawn the entire civilisation. TPTB can't leave any alive because it looks asif they want them totally out of the picture by the end of season 4, if some survive the threat is still in place.

But they will. Not all will be destroyed.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 03:01 PM

I don't now know about the end of s4 but I sincerely doubt that the Asurans will be destroyed in BAMSR, it'd be way too quickly imo

jelgate
Yeah but their weaponry they gave us is more advanced than the Ancients I think. They went right through the ORI's sheilds.No the didn't. After a few shots, the Asgard weapons were able to colapse the Ori sheilds.?* Plus it has been established (New Order) that the Ancients were more advanced than the Asgard.

Mitchell82
I don't now know about the end of s4 but I sincerely doubt that the Asurans will be destroyed in BAMSR, it'd be way too quickly imo

Agreed.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 03:04 PM
No the didn't. After a few shots, the Asgard weapons were able to colapse the Ori sheilds.?* Plus it has been established (New Order) that the Ancients were more advanced than the Asgard.

it's been a while since I've seen NO but in theory both races could have their advantages ie the Ancients built the SGs, the Asgard have more advanced weapons

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
No the didn't. After a few shots, the Asgard weapons were able to colapse the Ori sheilds.?* Plus it has been established (New Order) that the Ancients were more advanced than the Asgard.

Ture it was but my point is that it would give us a huge advantage in the PG.

kirmit
December 20th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Not to sound rude but how do you know? As far as I've read there is no mention at all of the Asurans after BAMSR in any spoilers for the second half.

Just to add, TPTB have killed off entire races without prior warning in one episode before *cough* Asgard *cough* I wouldn't put it past them to do the same again.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Not to sound rude but how do you know? As far as I've read there is no mention at all of the Asurans after BAMSR in any spoilers for the second half.

true and I suspect he doesn't know, it's just what he thinks will happen. and I too can't see TBTB kill off the Asurans right now. at least not all of them ;)

Just to add, TPTB have killed off entire races without prior warning in one episode before *cough* Asgard *cough* I wouldn't put it past them to do the same again.

I wouldn't compare the Asgard's fate with the Asurans' IF they're indeed killed off. those are two totally different situations

kirmit
December 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
true and I suspect he doesn't know, it's just what he thinks will happen. and I too can't see TBTB kill off the Asurans right now. at least not all of them ;)

I wouldn't compare the Asgard's fate with the Asurans' IF they're indeed killed off. those are two totally different situations

I certainly see it happening, TPTB have created a too powerful enemy, much the same as they did with the Ori, the only way out is to kill them all off. Like I said that's the problem with the replicators, you leave even one alive and the threat is still there, as there is no mention of them after BAMSR I think it's more likely they're all destroyed than not or reprogrammed, though that still might not be permenant.

Why wouldn't you compare the Asgard? Doesn't matter about the execution, TPTB still took out the entire race in one episode. If you don't like that example though we have the MW Replicators, taken out within 2 episodes although it was really only one.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I certainly see it happening, TPTB have created a too powerful enemy, much the same as they did with the Ori, the only way out is to kill them all off. Like I said that's the problem with the replicators, you leave even one alive and the threat is still there, as there is no mention of them after BAMSR I think it's more likely they're all destroyed than not or reprogrammed, though that still might not be permenant.

Why wouldn't you compare the Asgard? Doesn't matter about the execution, TPTB still took out the entire race in one episode. If you don't like that example though we have the MW Replicators, taken out within 2 episodes although it was really only one.

ok I see you point and yes it might happen, right now I'm pretty unsure about this. not to change the subject but if the replicators are destroyed then there isn't much hope for Weir to return since she's presumably part of their collective

kirmit
December 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM
ok I see you point and yes it might happen, right now I'm pretty unsure about this. not to change the subject but if the replicators are destroyed then there isn't much hope for Weir to return since she's presumably part of their collective

If we're talking about the real weir then it's possible she was kept on a seperate planet so as to no affect the entire collective the way she did before, I suggest that also because it looks asif Asuras goes boom. A scenario I would put in place is that the Asurans are destroyed, Weir escapes her prison but doesn't know the new location of Atlantis so wanders through the few worlds she knows the gate addresses of lookin for SG teams. Later down the line in season 5 the team could finally come across her where she exclaims her ordeal, just my idea though :D.

Jumper_One
December 20th, 2007, 04:01 PM
If we're talking about the real weir then it's possible she was kept on a seperate planet so as to no affect the entire collective the way she did before, I suggest that also because it looks asif Asuras goes boom. A scenario I would put in place is that the Asurans are destroyed, Weir escapes her prison but doesn't know the new location of Atlantis so wanders through the few worlds she knows the gate addresses of lookin for SG teams. Later down the line in season 5 the team could finally come across her where she exclaims her ordeal, just my idea though :D.

ooh I hadn't thought of that, you may be right. it'd explain the exploding planet we saw in the promo and the short appearance of Weir. however I really hope they give a good explanation of RepliWeir's (I mean the real Weir but after Adrift she became at least half replicator) escape in this is indeed how it'll happen

Mitchell82
December 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM
ooh I hadn't thought of that, you may be right. it'd explain the exploding planet we saw in the promo and the short appearance of Weir. however I really hope they give a good explanation of RepliWeir's (I mean the real Weir but after Adrift she became at least half replicator) escape in this is indeed how it'll happen

I like that idea however you're right I don't know I just hope they all arent destroyed.

Anubis91
December 21st, 2007, 12:18 AM
The trailer of Be All My Sins remember'd is available on the MGM site :
Video (http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=91)

This episode looks amazing !! The Apollo and Daedalus have been upgraded with Asgard beam technologie and the Asurans are having a bad time :p

But at the end of the trailer, McKay and Ronon are in Asura (I think) and everything trembling lke an earthquake, you think the planet is about to explode like in the video some weeks ago with a planet explodind ?

dresi4
December 21st, 2007, 12:53 AM
LEGEN wait for it DARY

jonos101
December 21st, 2007, 01:01 AM

This episode looks amazing !! The Apollo and Daedalus have been upgraded with Asgard beam technologie and the Asurans are having a bad time :p

But at the end of the trailer, McKay and Ronon are in Asura (I think) and everything trembling lke an earthquake, you think the planet is about to explode like in the video some weeks ago with a planet explodind ?

OMG OMG OMG....... Gonna be GREATEST ep eva

Integrabyte
December 21st, 2007, 02:35 AM
OMG OMG OMG....... Gonna be GREATEST ep eva

Fancy CGI does not make and episode " The Greatest EVa".

SGFerrit
December 21st, 2007, 02:55 AM

For YOU. If Jonos thinks it will be the greatest ever episode because he likes CGI, I don't think anyone is qualified to tell him otherwise.

I personally don't think CGI makes episodes the greatest ever. I think it tends to help however, sometimes quite alot. IMO the best SG-1 episodes turned out to be the CGI-heavy ones. Lost City, Reckoning etc... Coincidence? I dunno.

Edit: Just realised, seems we finally get to see the Aurora cannons/secondary weapons in action. Always wondered about them:)

The_Carpenter
December 21st, 2007, 07:13 AM

Come now, you can't deny loving a little bit of CGI space battle eye candy can you?

Some people only like Character stuff some people watch for character stuff and CGI well you get the idea :jack:

Anyway back into 13 year old mode... I love space battles *SQUEEE*

Jumper_One
December 21st, 2007, 07:29 AM

I think it's possible ;)

Dark lord me
December 21st, 2007, 08:05 AM
I think it's possible ;)

Or...the city is preparing to launch because it my home world was under attack i would try to launch the city ships and because of the asurans they only need what like a few nanites to replicate
I could just see it now
:mckay:"Sheeperd you need to get out of there"
:sheppard:""Ya Rodney i got that"
:ronan: "this might get a little bumpy"

Ltcolshepjumper
December 21st, 2007, 08:38 AM
So, they do destroy Asuras. Sad. And the Asgard weapons are the strongest in the universe. Drones have no effect on Asgard shields, and the Asgard are more advanced than the Ancients. Why is Marks on the Apollo? Well, this does explain why they are fighting the Wraith again.

Buba uognarf
December 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
So, they do destroy Asuras. Sad. And the Asgard weapons are the strongest in the universe. Drones have no effect on Asgard shields, and the Asgard are more advanced than the Ancients. Why is Marks on the Apollo? Well, this does explain why they are fighting the Wraith again.

^^^^ Everything you said there is complete speculation and probably wrong. We won't know till we see the episode.

Redhooks
December 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM
Looking at the preview video, I saw one Travelers ship in the melee and it made me think that with so many Aurora-class Replicator ships it would be prudent that Larrin did not commit the Ancient warship they have now to the battle. Besides, the Ancient ship can hold many more people than can each individual Travelers ship. Better to use the other Travelers' ships with the just the essential personnel aboard instead of one that still may not be 100% fixed.

genius21
December 21st, 2007, 11:13 AM
this will be one off the best episodes also finally earth can fight a little back it's about time and on a note these asgard weapons wont be as powerfull as from the oddesy becouse they dont have a zpm i hope they dont destroy the asurans completely and that they will also raid the asuran world for some stuff they need.

Vala_M
December 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM
Wow! Sounds amazing! Any youtube or scifi videos yet? I can't view the MGM videos properly.

Thanks,
Vala,

Jumper_One
December 21st, 2007, 11:27 AM
this will be one off the best episodes also finally earth can fight a little back it's about time and on a note these asgard weapons wont be as powerfull as from the oddesy becouse they dont have a zpm i hope they dont destroy the asurans completely and that they will also raid the asuran world for some stuff they need.

that will only happen if the planet doesn't explode

ussrelativity
December 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Just saw the trailer....... AMAZING!!!!!!

kirmit
December 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM
Looks good, the Earth ships appear to be overcoming anything in their paths.

Mitchell82
December 21st, 2007, 12:39 PM

Pardon me while I pick my jaw off the floor. This looks sweet why do we have to wait 2 weeks! *throws 10 year old temper tantrum*
:tealcanime22::mckayanime07:

Mitchell82
December 21st, 2007, 12:42 PM
Wow! Sounds amazing! Any youtube or scifi videos yet? I can't view the MGM videos properly.

Thanks,
Vala,

I doubt they will appear there. Copyright has been an issue on youtube lately and the scifi one will be differnt when they put it up.

Platschu
December 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
I have to put this link again here:
http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=91
OMG. I can't believe it. I think we should post this link on every page here until the premiere. :cool:

Redhooks
December 21st, 2007, 01:44 PM
But the team's best laid plans are fraught with hurdles, further fueled by an unexpected appearance from Larrin (Jill Wagner), the leader of a race of space travelers not unknown to Sheppard.This quote is from the Gateworld news story from a few days ago about BAMSR. I'm wondering if Larrin shows up because she needs Sheppard's help with a problem on the Ancient warship the Travelers now have?

Based on the promo pic with Sheppard tied up on the Ancient ship with Larrin to the side of him, he responds to her request knowing that the Travelers' ships would be useful to the offensive that is planned against the Replicators. When he arrives, she ties him up in order to question him and maybe for old times sake? ;) He is able to convince her that this fight will ultimately help the Travelers too, although it isn't against the Wraith as he alluded to at the end of Travelers. My question is what does he use to convince her? Just good old logic or maybe the promise to help fix the Ancient warship? It will be interesting to see in two weeks!

Xicer
December 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM

Thanks,
Vala,

I had nothing better to do so here...:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsHqkzYWSv4

Integrabyte
December 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM
Or in my sig :P

Xicer
December 21st, 2007, 02:35 PM
*******, beat me by 44 minutes. :p

McSwift
December 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM

SHOCKED!!!!

Well I'll be damned! We did get lasers!!!! ON BOTH APOLLO AND DAEDALUS!!!

Did anyone else also notice the large amount of F302s in the fighting (when the Wraith Darts also engage the Ashuran Ships?)

kirmit
December 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
SHOCKED!!!!

Well I'll be damned! We did get lasers!!!! ON BOTH APOLLO AND DAEDALUS!!!

Did anyone else also notice the large amount of F302s in the fighting (when the Wraith Darts also engage the Ashuran Ships?)

I've watched the clip several times and can't see any 302's :S.

jenks
December 21st, 2007, 03:00 PM

I can, there are loads of them. In the first battle scene a few of them follow the darts to attack a replicator ship, you can see a load in the last battle scene as well...

Redhooks
December 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
At about the 12 or 13 second mark of the clip you can see at least a pair of them approaching the left front of the closest Aurora and then proceed down the axis of ship with some wraith Darts. Also at the 37 second mark of the clip you can see two 302s flying towards the damaged hive ship with either the Apollo or Daedalus right behind them until the 304 fires on the Aurora and then moves to put itself between the Hive and the Aurora, using its shields to take on the drones.

One other thing about the clip though. The point where you see both 304s together firing the Asgard beams, does it look strange that neither one of them appear to be moving? Could both of them be test firing the weapons against an asteroid or something and not in a real battle?

kirmit
December 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
I can, there are loads of them.

What time in the clip do you see them? I'll pay close attention :cameron:.

EDIT: Nevermind I can see them now, they're so small though, you people have good eyesight lol :P.

Vala_M
December 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM
I had nothing better to do so here...:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsHqkzYWSv4

Thanks so much! That is mega cool! It's nice to see Caldwell again and the ships with the Asgard weapons!!

Vala,

jonos101
December 22nd, 2007, 02:50 AM
At about the 12 or 13 second mark of the clip you can see at least a pair of them approaching the left front of the closest Aurora and then proceed down the axis of ship with some wraith Darts. Also at the 37 second mark of the clip you can see two 302s flying towards the damaged hive ship with either the Apollo or Daedalus right behind them until the 304 fires on the Aurora and then moves to put itself between the Hive and the Aurora, using its shields to take on the drones.

One other thing about the clip though. The point where you see both 304s together firing the Asgard beams, does it look strange that neither one of them appear to be moving? Could both of them be test firing the weapons against an asteroid or something and not in a real battle?

in the scene when all the darts are attacking the aurora, if u look closely there are a bunch of 302's mixed in

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 03:35 AM
What time in the clip do you see them? I'll pay close attention :cameron:.

EDIT: Nevermind I can see them now, they're so small though, you people have good eyesight lol :P.

...we got good eye doctors :P.

Vala_M
December 22nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
in the scene when all the darts are attacking the aurora, if u look closely there are a bunch of 302's mixed in

I noticed them right away but why would they send F-302's to fight an Aurora class warship? Unless it's shields were down and they were finishing the job.

Vala,

ashman2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:02 AM
I noticed them right away but why would they send F-302's to fight an Aurora class warship? Unless it's shields were down and they were finishing the job.

Vala,

Perhaps its similar to the scene with the Korylev where Cam told the Russian that they were getting their asses kicked as it is so it's 'time to go all in'. Plus the more wepons-fire the better, regardless of where it comes from.

Vala_M
December 22nd, 2007, 08:22 AM
Perhaps its similar to the scene with the Korylev where Cam told the Russian that they were getting their asses kicked as it is so it's 'time to go all in'. Plus the more wepons-fire the better, regardless of where it comes from.

With the Asgard upgrades, I don't see them having to "go all in".

Vala,

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 08:36 AM

Vala,

The Ark of Truth clearly shows that the Wraith and the Asurans are in trouble. Finally we have proper technology ;)

ashman2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:36 AM

Vala,

But they still seem to be facing extremely large numbers, and for all we know, the Asurans might have one of those insane satellites that destroy Hive ships. Perhaps the videos released only show a small section of the battle. Or perhaps the Asurans have fighters of their own

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
But they still seem to be facing extremely large numbers, and for all we know, the Asurans might have one of those insane satellites that destroy Hive ships. Perhaps the videos released only show a small section of the battle. Or perhaps the Asurans have fighters of their own

the Wraith kinda defeated the Ancients because of their superior numbers, they should still be a problem for us. didn't JM say the battle's about 2 mins long? and we saw what...10, 15 secs

ashman2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
the Wraith kinda defeated the Ancients because of their superior numbers, they should still be a problem for us. didn't JM say the battle's about 2 mins long? and we saw what...10, 15 secs

I thought he said it was 7 minutes long, because I remember someone him saying it was significantly longer than the First Strike sequence, but I may be very wrong, I hope not, obviously, but I might be wrong

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
I thought he said it was 7 minutes long, because I remember someone him saying it was significantly longer than the First Strike sequence, but I may be very wrong, I hope not, obviously, but I might be wrong

hm IDK I remember 2 mins but it's been some time since he mentioned it. maybe we're both wrong :p

dresi4
December 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Tha battle is 8 minutes long. It was on mgm site...

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Tha battle is 8 minutes long. It was on mgm site...

WOW! ok thanx :)

jelgate
December 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Tha battle is 8 minutes long. It was on mgm site...8 minutes :eek::eek::eek: That is going to be one spectacular space. Hopefully it beats my favorite space battle (Camelot), CGI wise and story wise (Lost City).

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
8 minutes :eek::eek::eek: That is going to be one spectacular space. Hopefully it beats my favorite space battle (Camelot), CGI wise and story wise (Lost City).

can you imagine: LC and Camelot! WOW

Dark lord me
December 22nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
can you imagine: LC and Camelot! WOW

Good god im in heaven i love the space battles ... i might just have to record this one... go the only channel in BC that has atlantis s4 and no adds

Buba uognarf
December 22nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
The Ark of Truth clearly shows that the Wraith and the Asurans are in trouble. Finally we have proper technology ;)

Does it now? You seen it?

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Does it now? You seen it?

I thought it was a fluke cos it started weird. But slowly I recognised the OST :P. So yeah, i just finished it the third time :P. I'm lovin` it...badapapapap :P

Buba uognarf
December 22nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
I thought it was a fluke cos it started weird. But slowly I recognised the OST :P. So yeah, i just finished it the third time :P. I'm lovin` it...badapapapap :P

So that's a yes then. Do you have any proof?

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
So that's a yes then. Do you have any proof?

No I don't I am just talking because I am bored :mckay:. What kind of question is that? Why would I talk about something I haven't seen?

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
AoT shows that we've indeed become very powerful which is certainly bad for the Wraith. I guess BAMSR will make this clear

Buba uognarf
December 22nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
No I don't I am just talking because I am bored :mckay:. What kind of question is that? Why would I talk about something I haven't seen?

Well I dunno do i:P lol. How did you get it? What does the Oddy do in the AOT?

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Well I dunno do i:P lol. How did you get it? What does the Oddy do in the AOT?

wait until march, buy the dvd and see for yourself ;)

Buba uognarf
December 22nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
wait until march, buy the dvd and see for yourself ;)

Well if people are talking about it and saying after seeing the AOT the Asurans and Wraith are in trouble, I'd like to know what exactly happens in the AOT to show that is the case.

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
AoT shows that we've indeed become very powerful which is certainly bad for the Wraith. I guess BAMSR will make this clear

Yes it does but remember, the Wraith are many. Same thing happened to the Ancients. We have the technology but we lack the numbers.

Fresh from the oven ....

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4361/vlcsnap757790wp5.th.png (http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap757790wp5.png)

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Well if people are talking about it and saying after seeing the AOT the Asurans and Wraith are in trouble, I'd like to know what exactly happens in the AOT to show that is the case.

Whilst the Ody is being invaded by replicators 4 ORI motherships surround it. Carter manages to jump to hyperspace but the replicators take control and they drop out. As soon as they drop out they are found. Cam, Sam, and the crew fight the replicators whilst the 4 ORI motherships surround the Ody for the second time. The ODY takes a beating like we've never seen before. When I say beating I say beating. The attacks in Unending were nothing compared to this nice 4 vs 1 ship defenceless! The 4 ORI have huge problems destroying it. It takes them so long to deplete the shields. When they finally do it, the Ark is used and they stand down.

The Wraith and the Asurans do not have the RAW power to destroy the new Asgard shields. The ORI used to inflict so much damage with one beam!

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yes it does but remember, the Wraith are many. Same thing happened to the Ancients. We have the technology but we lack the numbers.

yeah I know. the Wraith will still be trouble but we'll be able to do much more than in the past

Fresh from the oven ....

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4361/vlcsnap757790wp5.th.png (http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap757790wp5.png)

yeah that was a cool scene. I can't wait for the final cut, the movie's really awesome! but let's not turn this into the movie thread ;)

I'm very excited to finally see both the Daedalus and Odyssey kick some Wraith butt! and if the battle really lasts 8 mins...wow

Buba uognarf
December 22nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Whilst the Ody is being invaded by replicators 4 ORI motherships surround it. Carter manages to jump to hyperspace but the replicators take control and they drop out. As soon as they drop out they are found. Cam, Sam, and the crew fight the replicators whilst the 4 ORI motherships surround the Ody for the second time. The ODY takes a beating like we've never seen before. When I say beating I say beating. The attacks in Unending were nothing compared to this nice 4 vs 1 ship defenceless! The 4 ORI have huge problems destroying it. It takes them so long to deplete the shields. When they finally do it, the Ark is used and they stand down.

The Wraith and the Asurans do not have the RAW power to destroy the new Asgard shields. The ORI used to inflict so much damage with one beam!

Oh I see...One more question, REPLICATORS! What are they doing there? And are they the MW ones?

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
yeah I know. the Wraith will still be trouble but we'll be able to do much more than in the past

yeah that was a cool scene. I can't wait for the final cut, the movie's really awesome! but let's not turn this into the movie thread ;)

I'm very excited to finally see both the Daedalus and Odyssey kick some Wraith butt! and if the battle's really lasts 8 mins...wow

We are on topic explaining how the Asgard updates work on our battlecruisers. I don't think they will youse the ODY in BAMSR. It has the Asgard Core which cannot be replicated yet. It is the Apollo and the Dedy ;).

Fenrir Foxz
December 22nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
I'm very excited to finally see both the Daedalus and Odyssey kick some Wraith butt! and if the battle's really lasts 8 mins...wow

8 mins? Fantastic! I heard it was going to be a big battle, but 8 minutes...

Excellent!

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
We are on topic explaining how the Asgard updates work on our battlecruisers. I don't think they will youse the ODY in BAMSR. It has the Asgard Core which cannot be replicated yet. It is the Apollo and the Dedy ;).

ah damn you're right of course I meant the Apollo

8 mins? Fantastic! I heard it was going to be a big battle, but 8 minutes...

Excellent!

I thought it was only 2 mins but someone else said it was actually 8 mins

Integrabyte
December 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Oh I see...One more question, REPLICATORS! What are they doing there? And are they the MW ones?

Last off topic :P

The IOA hired a new gun from the CIA. He is monitoring the mission to the Ori Galaxy. SG1 and Landry don't know that this guy has a hidden agenda. He does not believe in the Ark of Truth and he turns on the Asgard Computer Core whilst the Ody orbits a planet in the ORI Galaxy. SG1 manage to bypass security and get in the room but it is too late. They are sure that the Asgard energy signature was detected. Looking closer at the Asgard computer, Sam sees that something will be replicated. A MW replicator appears in a forcefield. Like the one holding Teal'c in unending. The IOA guy says that the whole plan is to unleash them on the ORI and their ships. Sacrificing the Ody, the crew, everything. Cam asks for an ARG and wants to shoot it. Sam disables the forcefield but Cam cannot destroy it because it is immune. This replicator is the ultimate replicator. They lock that IOA guy in the brig and they start looking for the replicator. It replicates and starts taking over the ship....Whilst this is happening the ORI shoot the beejesus out of the ship :P

Redhooks
December 22nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Last off topic :P
I sure hope so because I started to think this was the thread about Ark of Truth. :( I would go to that thread if I wanted to, but since I don't please keep this about BAMSR.

Dr Lee
December 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
If you are going to post spoilers from your illegal CGI-free versions of the movie in the Atlantis area then can you at least label them as being specifically for AoT??

This is the Atlantis area not the AoT area. I for one want to wait til it comes out before i find out what happens in the movie....

anyway... this episode is looking more and more awesome. I seriously cannot wait for this to air.

Who else got the StarWars episode three vibe form the battle sequences you see in the trailer?

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
If you are going to post spoilers from your illegal CGI-free versions of the movie in the Atlantis area then can you at least label them as being specifically for AoT??

This is the Atlantis area not the AoT area. I for one want to wait til it comes out before i find out what happens in the movie....

anyway... this episode is looking more and more awesome. I seriously cannot wait for this to air.

Who else got the StarWars episode three vibe form the battle sequences you see in the trailer?
agreed man it's anoying because I want to wait and see the whole version. I didn't even know a leaked copy was out there. Back on toppic I agree can't wait.

jenks
December 22nd, 2007, 02:55 PM

It's not CGI free, it's almost the finished product.

Dr Lee
December 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
doesn't make it any more legal...

and this is still completely the wrong area to be talking about AoT.

Cuz of the leak of the movie the guy who's been posting official HQ promo images has now stopped cuz he can't see the point of posting the HQ pics if the web gets full of LQ screencaps

Vala_M
December 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM

Where is this confirmed at? The illegal downloaded movie? Please don't download it as it will hurt the movie sales.

Vala,

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Where is this confirmed at? The illegal downloaded movie? Please don't download it as it will hurt the movie sales.

Vala,

Yeah I think that's where it's from and no it won't hurt the sales, not much anyway.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM

Vala,

yes it's confirmed in AoT. I think most people will buy it anyway

now let's get back OT ;)

Vala_M
December 22nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah I think that's where it's from and no it won't hurt the sales, not much anyway.

I just can't believe this. This is so rediculous and stupid, now SG-1 is going to be ruined. I guess there won't be more than two movies now thanks to some unscrupulous person.

Vala,

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
I just can't believe this. This is so rediculous and stupid, now SG-1 is going to be ruined. I guess there won't be more than two movies now thanks to some unscrupulous person.

Vala,

I wouldn't go that far. not everyone knows how to download stuff, a lot of fans want to wait until march and even those who already downloaded it might buy the dvd after all

and why are we still talking about this in the BAMSR thread? if you wanna know more about AoT go to the movies thread ;)

Dr Lee
December 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
BAMSR Q- We know that Carter is on the Daedalus and Ronon is on Asura with McKay (At one point) but where is everyone else?

Is Shep in a F-302? is he on the planet with Ronon and we've just not seen him?

Also do you think Teyla has told anyone about her pregnancy? could she be removed form the battle?

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
I don't expect the BAMSR battle to be a cakewalk for the Earth ships, as long as the Oddy has a ZPM it is the most powerful ship. As neither Apollo or Deddy have a ZPM they're going to have to put on a good show, I still expect alot of destruction on the Earth ships part though :D.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
BAMSR Q- We know that Carter is on the Daedalus and Ronon is on Asura with McKay (At one point) but where is everyone else?

Shep and Teyla might be on the Apollo or also on the planet

Is Shep in a F-302? is he on the planet with Ronon and we've just not seen him?

hm could be IDK

Also do you think Teyla has told anyone about her pregnancy? could she be removed form the battle?

I don't think so, not yet. this could happen after SoW imo

Konrad9
December 22nd, 2007, 04:46 PM

Vala,

Yes, downloading the movie three months before you can buy it will hurt sales.

If you download it INSTEAD of buying it, then you are correct.

jenks
December 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM

Vala,

Are you serious?

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not one to speak out about being off topic but I think everyone should agree that this isn't the place to be talking about the AOT leak and downloading (shouldn't talk about that at all technically) and just get on with the BAMSR talk :).

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'm not one to speak out about being off topic but I think everyone should agree that this isn't the place to be talking about the AOT leak and downloading (shouldn't talk about that at all technically) and just get on with the BAMSR talk :).

yes thank you, I've been saying this the whole time already. if people wanna talk about AoT go to the movie thread, this is the BAMSR thread ;)

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
yes thank you, I've been saying this the whole time already. if people wanna talk about AoT go to the movie thread, this is the BAMSR thread ;)

Yeah, so about AoT.......Joking :cameron:.

It's good to see from the clip this won't all just be big ship fighting, the little ships are getting involved aswell, though personally I don't see what 302's and Darts are going to do against an Aurora class........

Dr Lee
December 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Distraction maybe?

Hell maybe the F-302's are getting upgrades from Unending?

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, so about AoT.......Joking :cameron:.

:p

It's good to see from the clip this won't all just be big ship fighting, the little ships are getting involved aswell, though personally I don't see what 302's and Darts are going to do against an Aurora class........

IDK about that but there have to be really big and some smaller ships otherwise it wouldn't be the biggest battle in SG history

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
would be good if the Asurans had some kind of fighters for them to take on, though as they impersonate the Ancients that's very doubtful. Who knows maybe mid battle the wraith double cross the alliance so the 302's and darts have to duke it out a bit.

Dr Lee
December 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I do get the feeling there uis going to be a Double cross in this, be it The Travelers or the Wraith/Todd.

It wouldn't be SG if it went exactly to plan

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
would be good if the Asurans had some kind of fighters for them to take on, though as they impersonate the Ancients that's very doubtful. Who knows maybe mid battle the wraith double cross the alliance so the 302's and darts have to duke it out a bit.

it certainly wouldn't be the first time the Wraith double cross us. though Shep told Todd he would die if he'd try something, so either he found a way around this or it's some other Wraith

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
it certainly wouldn't be the first time the Wraith double cross us. though Shep told Todd he would die if he'd try something, so either he found a way around this or it's some other Wraith

Wasn't that when he was a prisoner though? In the clip Todd is at the helm of a hive, might of changed his mind when he got into a role of importance.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Wasn't that when he was a prisoner though? In the clip Todd is at the helm of a hive, might of changed his mind when he got into a role of importance.

oh yeah right I forgot about that, I guess somehow he managed to escape

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
oh yeah right I forgot about that, I guess somehow he managed to escape

Or the humans trusted the wraith again :rolleyes:, when will they learn.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Or the humans trusted the wraith again :rolleyes:, when will they learn.

lol hm IDK, I can't see Atlantis trusting those guys again, definitely not after what happened in The Seer. but maybe we have no choice, don't ask me why but it would certainly explain some stuff

Vala_M
December 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
So, are the Daedalus and the Apollo only fighting ONE Aurora class ship or several?

Vala,

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
So, are the Daedalus and the Apollo only fighting ONE Aurora class ship or several?

Vala,

I'm not sure but I think it's only one Aurora class ship. I hope someone else can confirm this

kirmit
December 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
In the clip it only appears to be one or two, however I'm sure in a battle as large as BAMSR they'll be fighting plenty.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
In the clip it only appears to be one or two, however I'm sure in a battle as large as BAMSR they'll be fighting plenty.

you really think so? where are all those Aurora class ships suddenly coming from?

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM

Agreed. Guys if you want to talk about AoT go to the movie thread. Please don't make me get the mods involved.

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
lol hm IDK, I can't see Atlantis trusting those guys again, definitely not after what happened in The Seer. but maybe we have no choice, don't ask me why but it would certainly explain some stuff

My hope is we ally ourselves with a sect of Wraith led by Todd. Kinda like the Tok'ra.

OakRidge
December 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ship count for the trailer:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8052/shipsnb2.png

3+ Aurora class battleships
Numerous Traveler ships
2 Daedalus-class Battlecruisers
Numerous F-302s
Numerous Darts
Several Hives

Col. Shadow Quinn
December 23rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Ship count for the trailer:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8052/shipsnb2.png

3+ Aurora class battleships
Numerous Traveler ships
2 Daedalus-class Battlecruisers
Numerous F-302s
Numerous Darts
Several Hives

I feel sorry for anyone in any of the Traveler ships.

Integrabyte
December 23rd, 2007, 01:54 AM
I feel sorry for anyone in any of the Traveler ships.

Your question mark is the Dedy or Apollo :P. I reckon it is Caldwell because he likes going in the middle of things out numbered :P

jonos101
December 23rd, 2007, 02:03 AM
Your question mark is the Dedy or Apollo :P. I reckon it is Caldwell because he likes going in the middle of things out numbered :P

yeah i think the two closest to the left are deddy and apollo and the other one is a hive or cruiser

ohnd
December 23rd, 2007, 03:18 AM
Seems like Major Marks has been transfered to the Apollo (while watching the preview for the 10th time) or did something happen to the Odyssey in Ark of Truth?!?! stay tune to find out!

Col. Shadow Quinn
December 23rd, 2007, 03:47 AM

No, because the Travelers ships are several outmatched in terms of weapons capabilities by the Wraith, Earth, and Asurans. I don't think any of the Travelers ships would be able to survive this battle except for the Aurora Class Battleship they possess.

jonos101
December 23rd, 2007, 04:15 AM
Seems like Major Marks has been transfered to the Apollo (while watching the preview for the 10th time) or did something happen to the Odyssey in Ark of Truth?!?! stay tune to find out!

dont worry, your not the only one whos watched it more than once. i think im coming up on 20 :D

kirmit
December 23rd, 2007, 04:17 AM
No, because the Travelers ships are several outmatched in terms of weapons capabilities by the Wraith, Earth, and Asurans. I don't think any of the Travelers ships would be able to survive this battle except for the Aurora Class Battleship they possess.

Well to be fair we haven't really seen anything from the travellers ships, we haven't seen their weapons or if they have shields, they could surprise us.

jonos101
December 23rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
Well to be fair we haven't really seen anything from the travellers ships, we haven't seen their weapons or if they have shields, they could surprise us.

they could be powerful. in travlers they had some form of energy weapons

kirmit
December 23rd, 2007, 04:35 AM

Yeah, remember they're basically scavengers, the could of got ahold of some ancient or Wraith weapons in their travels aswell as shields.

Integrabyte
December 23rd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Yeah, remember they're basically scavengers, the could of got ahold of some ancient or Wraith weapons in their travels aswell as shields.

The Goa'uld of the Pegasus Galaxy. Whooops, did I say that out loud :p?

kirmit
December 23rd, 2007, 04:47 AM
The Goa'uld of the Pegasus Galaxy. Whooops, did I say that out loud :p?

It's ok, I was thinking the same lol :P. Although to be honest, Earth is just as bad now as the goa'uld.

ashman2
December 23rd, 2007, 06:02 AM

well the energy weapon they used on Sheppard worked on his jumper, which was ancient tech, so it surely stands to reason that the weapon would have a similar impact on bigger anient tech ships. I think they'll probably take massive damage, but also do a lot of damage to the asurans

Actionhank
December 23rd, 2007, 06:09 AM
If we judge their potential by those nice hand guns I think they might be in possession of fancy ship-to-ship weapons too. On the other hand I don't think they have as good shields as we have. :) Gotta love the little grey shorties for it. :D