This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crave Online: Mark Stern (SciFi Channel) Interview

(This article is mainly about the SciFi Channel's new series, Flash Gordon, and the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica, however, Stargate is referred to. Please follow the link for the complete article.)

From Crave Online:

http://www.craveonline.com/filmtv/ar..._season_4.html

Mark Stern gives details on Battlestar Galactica season 4.

Fred Topel, CraveOnline
    May 8, 2007

Ron Moore talked a lot about plans for the next season of Battlestar Galactica. You can't go much higher than him, but maybe the vice president of programming for Sci-Fi Channel would work. Mark Stern added to Moore's tease of season for, as well as previewed the new Sci-Fi series Flash Gordon. Eric Johnson plays the title hero with the female lead still to be cast, but it looks to be a very different update to a classic than Battlestar.

**major snippage**

Crave Online: Does Flash Gordon have the same perspective of turning a campy old show into something respectable?

Mark Stern: Definitely, in a very different way. I think that Flash is, we're not looking for it to carry the mantle of a show like Battlestar Galactica but definitely, it's about taking something that's maybe a little pulpy and a little more high concept and finding a way to modernize it. I think it's going to be much more of a Stargate. I don't think Flash is going to be attacking the pressing issues of day, the 2008 election. I think it's really more about taking that kind of fun romp, the humor and the energy of Stargate and really kind of applying it to the Flash Gordon franchise.

**snippage**

Crave Online: Does the success of Heroes allow for more superhero shows?

Mark Stern: It's not actually really a superhero show. Although yes, but in this case, I think the success for us of Stargate actually is really a sign that there's opportunity in this arena, kind of an everyman who suddenly finds himself thrust into having to deal with aliens and other worlds and stuff like that.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X