This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony shutting down Stargate boards

Sony is shutting down the SG1 and SGA boards, but direct you to the new MGM SG promo site, which has no boards, which sorta sucks

http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/

Uh, please note it's just these two boards. Probably a financial decision to save somewhere.
    Last edited by prion; 08 May 2007, 08:46 AM.

Some publicity stunt on their part. Just curious what they might be up to though.

Comment

They all work fine for me.

Comment

lol bl.

Comment

Originally posted by brod View Post
          They all work fine for me.
          That's because they are running till May 16th!

Now that the new Stargate Official Site has launched at http://stargate.mgm.com, these message boards will close on May 16, 2007. We appreciate all of your support and encourage you to keep discussing Stargate at the official site and Stargate fan sites.

The MGM Online Team

Comment

Wow, Ive been gone longer than I thought. Well start posting threads about coming over here to the GateWorld forums.

Comment

Geez, that's the board I was run off of.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Geez, that's the board I was run off of.
                ...And now you can never come back
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

For the record, we have a policy of not allowing dissing of other boards. It's partly an extension of the rule that invites us all to respect other people, and partly because we wouldn't like it if our members were dissed on another forum, and partly it's a right-of reply thing: nettiquette and not criticising people behind-their-backs-in-public and all that.

I hope anyone who is going to miss the Sony boards finds a nice place they can visit instead.

Madeleine

Comment

it's just simple economics.

sony will no longer be dealing with the show since it's cancelled, so why spend time and money on a bulletin board???

they'll let scifi and mgm shoulder the burden....and fans
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      it's just simple economics.

sony will no longer be dealing with the show since it's cancelled, so why spend time and money on a bulletin board???

they'll let scifi and mgm shoulder the burden....and fans
                      They're shutting down both SG1 *and* SGA boards. SGA is still going on...

Comment

Well I don't think I have ever used them so I guess I won't miss them, but it seems odd to be doing this now when you would think the show/s need as much stability in their fandom as possible, not this sending folks off to other places, which no doubt will just lead to a general lack of enthusiasm for the Gates full-stop.

Or am I giving boards/forums too much credit for keeping fandoms active and interested in shows? Some one did say the new site (MGMs) doesn't have a board/forum, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Well I don't think I have ever used them so I guess I won't miss them, but it seems odd to be doing this now when you would think the show/s need as much stability in their fandom as possible, not this sending folks off to other places, which no doubt will just lead to a general lack of enthusiasm for the Gates full-stop.

Or am I giving boards/forums too much credit for keeping fandoms active and interested in shows? Some one did say the new site (MGMs) doesn't have a board/forum, right?
                          I believe that MGM supposedly is going to have a board up which they shoudl get up and running before they axe the Sony boards.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            They're shutting down both SG1 *and* SGA boards. SGA is still going on...
                            I guess it's because Sony is no longer directly involved in shows' production/DVDs. Let's hope MGM's Stargate community sites for both shows open forums when Sony's are closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

Yet. They promised us a forum, so let's hope it's gonna happen when Sony's are axed.

Comment

Working...
                              X