PDA

View Full Version : The Back Half of Season 4 (Spoilers)

PG15
May 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Joe Mallozzi has posted this in his latest blog entry:

Alipeeps writes: “Have you guys started work on the back 10 episodes yet?”

Answer: Yup. Martin is finishing up work on the second part of the mid-season two-parter. Alan is working on what like to call “the third part of the mid-season two-parter”. And Carl has started work on the relationships episode. He’ll be moving onto the cross-over episode once he’s done. Then there’s the two-part return of THAT character. Which brings us to episodes 17.

To summarize, we have:

411 - Part 2 of Mid-Season 2-parter
412 - "Part 3" of Mid-Season 2-parter
413 - Relationship Episode
414 - Crossover Episode
415/416 - Return of Carson Episodes

Joe has also said that the the backhalf has been pretty much thoughtout by this point.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: this isn't the actual order of the episodes, just what Joe has listed in order.

Maltrancko
May 7th, 2007, 10:26 PM
so are we to assume that the crossover episode is teal'c's shindig?

hoping we see ronan v teal'c... so much ass to be kicked...

ronan kree!! lol teal'c to win!!

Killdeer
May 7th, 2007, 10:31 PM

I thought we already knew that Teal'c cameo was in Reunion? Not that he couldn't appear again I suppose.

I'm guessing it will be Jack. Unless we've heard something that says specifically it will not be?

Agent_Dark
May 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I thought we already knew that Teal'c cameo was in Reunion? Not that he couldn't appear again I suppose.

I'm guessing it will be Jack. Unless we've heard something that says specifically it will not be?

The only thing that Joe has really mentioned about it is that it probably wont be Daniel. I believe his words were something like 'We have another actor lined up in mind for the big crossover episode' when asked if Shanks would be appearing in the crossover episode.

Killdeer
May 7th, 2007, 10:45 PM
The only thing that Joe has really mentioned about it is that it probably wont be Daniel. I believe his words were something like 'We have another actor lined up in mind for the big crossover episode' when asked if Shanks would be appearing in the crossover episode.

Yes, I did know that everything he'd said pointed to it NOT being Daniel. But I didn't know if I'd missed him ruling out any other characters. Actually, do we even know it's an SG1 main character? Because wasn't there some mention of Dr Lee appearing?

Nadji
May 8th, 2007, 12:44 AM
It's obviously Vala ;)

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 03:20 AM
To summarize, we have:

414 - Crossover Episode

Joe has also said that the the backhalf has been pretty much thoughtout by this point.

He didn't actually say that is going to be the order of the episodes. We don't as yet know where the "relationship" episode, the crossover episode and the Carson episodes will fall in the airing order.

Teal'c will be in Reunion. And, from hints on JM's blog, it's possible we may see that Ronon/Teal'c fight. ;)

Joe stated in an answer on his blog on 17 March that "at present" they had "no plans to have Jack make another guest appearance on Atlantis."

Yes, I did know that everything he'd said pointed to it NOT being Daniel. But I didn't know if I'd missed him ruling out any other characters. Actually, do we even know it's an SG1 main character? Because wasn't there some mention of Dr Lee appearing?

JM stated in his blog on April 16 that Carl Binder would be writing a "big crossover episode" and that the SG1 actor featured will NOT be Michael Shanks.

Dr Bill Lee will definitely be appearing in Atlantis at some point (see Jan 28 and April 16 entries in JM's blog).

For anyone interested, there is a new LJ community that lists the confirmed spoilers for Season 4 (cos there's so much speculation going on that's it's very easy to get confused with what's actually been confirmed and what's been speculated! :lol:) - it's at SGA_Spoilers (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/).

scarimor
May 8th, 2007, 03:48 AM
For anyone interested, there is a new LJ community that lists the confirmed spoilers for Season 4 (cos there's so much speculation going on that's it's very easy to get confused with what's actually been confirmed and what's been speculated! :lol:) - it's at SGA_Spoilers (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/).
Yay, thank you. It's so common for fan speculations to filter into the general melee, mutate into predictions, transmogrify into confirmed spoilers... leading to cries of anguish, woe and demands for a producer's/writer's head when the light finally dawns. Thanks for the link :)

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Yay, thank you. It's so common for fan speculations to filter into the general melee, mutate into predictions, transmogrify into confirmed spoilers... leading to cries of anguish, woe and demands for a producer's/writer's head when the light finally dawns. Thanks for the link :)

That's pretty much why Josie and I set up the comm.. with there being such a long wait to see Season 4 and spoilers filtering through here and there etc there is so much speculation around (it's unavoidable - in the absence of spoilers people speculate on what might happen in an ep, and then when spoilers surface people speculate on what the spoilers might mean etc) on just about every thread that it gets terribly confusing trying to keep track of what it confirmed and what is rumour/speculation and we start to see people reporting speculation as fact and people get their hopes up over things that haven't been confirmed and it's just utter chaos! :lol:

Hence the LJ comm. Only spoilers from confirmed or reliable sources get posted (posting is locked so there can be no random adding of info) and sources are always provided.

And after a week of trawling websites for spoilers and and confirming sources etc, I currently feel like the oracle of SGA spoilers and what is confirmed and what isn't! :lol:

travis
May 8th, 2007, 05:23 AM
It's obviously Vala ;)

Ooo I hope so but I doubt it plus there be alot of complaints if it were to happen.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Ooo I hope so but I doubt it plus there be alot of complaints if it were to happen.

I'd love it too but there would be many unhappy campers.

PG15
May 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM
He didn't actually say that is going to be the order of the episodes. We don't as yet know where the "relationship" episode, the crossover episode and the Carson episodes will fall in the airing order.

True; I forgot to mention it.

I'll edit my post.

garhkal
May 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM

That would be nice.. though imo lee seems to be almost like felger in not having anything succeed... Unlike mccay or zalenka..

Redhooks
May 8th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Joe Mallozzi has posted this in his latest blog entry:

To summarize, we have:

414 - Crossover Episode

EDIT: Forgot to mention: this isn't the actual order of the episodes, just what Joe has listed in order.

BREAKING NEWS!!! (Alipeeps, this is from a reliable source ;) )

The relationship episode involves Larrin and newly introduced Materials and Metallurgical Engineer character from Michigan. I have it on the best authority (mine) that this is the case. Now, I just have to convince Joe and Paul. :lol:

I think the group of humans from "Travelers" will play some part in either the mid-season part 2 or part 3. They will be allied with our expedition against the Wraith.

By the way PG15, how about those Canucks!!! Stanley Cup is coming back to Motown this year!!!

Killdeer
May 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM
That would be nice.. though imo lee seems to be almost like felger in not having anything succeed... Unlike mccay or zalenka..

Oh but he's not nearly as annoying as Felger!

In my opinion of course! :D

Falcon Horus
May 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Well, I think Vala is about the only person whom I'd love to see bouncing around Atlantis. Just for the fun of it... And Cam can come over to, any time he likes. And that's it, no one else.

Killdeer
May 8th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Well, I think Vala is about the only person whom I'd love to see bouncing around Atlantis. Just for the fun of it... And Cam can come over to, any time he likes. And that's it, no one else.

I always thought it'd be lots of fun to see how Vala and McKay got along. And maybe Vala and Sheppard. :)

(not in a shippy sense)

I wonder what Ronan would make of her? Or Teyla?

PG15
May 8th, 2007, 03:07 PM
By the way PG15, how about those Canucks!!! Stanley Cup is coming back to Motown this year!!!

Don't rub it in. :p

Platschu
May 8th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I like that they are planning more two and three part episode. They can reuse the set to keep more money, but we get bigger stories. ;)

Cross-over episode: JM mentioned that Mitchell and Vala will be possibly in season 4. :D

If Beckett have 3 episode in season 4, than he will be in one episode between 4x17 and 4x20 too?

If Rachell Luttrell is really pregnant than when will she leave the crew? How many episodes will be witout Teyla in season 4? If she is 4-5 month pregnant now, than her child will born around Augustus or September. If I know well, they made only 6-8 episodes yet. They film one episode for 5-10 day and they will have holiday in July, so I think Teyla will disappear in 4x10-4x12. I hope she can return in the last two episode or in season 5. :o

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 03:21 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!! (Alipeeps, this is from a reliable source ;) )

The relationship episode involves Larrin and newly introduced Materials and Metallurgical Engineer character from Michigan. I have it on the best authority (mine) that this is the case. Now, I just have to convince Joe and Paul. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Following which they will introduce a new love interest for Sheppard... a red-headed linguist from Wales... :D :D :D

I think the group of humans from "Travelers" will play some part in either the mid-season part 2 or part 3. They will be allied with our expedition against the Wraith.

I don't think so. JM has said they'll be back for "at least one episode" but in the back half of Season 4... that doesn't give me the impression they'll be involved in the mid-season two/three-parter.

Redhooks
May 8th, 2007, 03:29 PM
:lol: :lol:

Following which they will introduce a new love interest for Sheppard... a red-headed linguist from Wales... :D :D :D

I don't think so. JM has said they'll be back for "at least one episode" but in the back half of Season 4... that doesn't give me the impression they'll be involved in the mid-season two/three-parter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to semi-reality. The reason I said that was because,

Jill Wagner said she would be back in Vancouver in a few weeks to film another episode. She posted this on April 22 on her MySpace page. I know the episodes are shot out of order, but if some of the back half eps aren't finished being written, it has to be some that are finished or almost finished, IMHO. It is just a thought (and maybe hope) of mine in order for her to be in a third episode at the end of the season. We will know in a few months, if any of us can get the willpower to wait that long!!!!

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 03:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to semi-reality. The reason I said that was because,

Jill Wagner said she would be back in Vancouver in a few weeks to film another episode. She posted this on April 22 on her MySpace page. I know the episodes are shot out of order, but if some of the back half eps aren't finished being written, it has to be some that are finished or almost finished, IMHO. It is just a thought (and maybe hope) of mine in order for her to be in a third episode at the end of the season. We will know in a few months, if any of us can get the willpower to wait that long!!!!

Oooh.. can you give me a link to Jill's MySpace page? This is the kind of info that is worth adding to the spoiler comm....

PG15
May 8th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Here you go: http://www.myspace.com/jillwagner

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Here you go: http://www.myspace.com/jillwagner

Muchas gracias. :D

Redhooks
May 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Oooh.. can you give me a link to Jill's MySpace page? This is the kind of info that is worth adding to the spoiler comm....

I believe you can only see the blog if you have a MySpace account.

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I believe you can only see the blog if you have a MySpace account.

Which I now do.. :rolleyes: Geez, the lengths I go to to collate spoilers! :lol:

Redhooks
May 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Which I now do.. :rolleyes: Geez, the lengths I go to to collate spoilers! :lol:

David Hewlett has a MySpace page if you want to ask him to add you as a friend. I don't have the address right now because I'm at work and MySpace is a filtered site. Thankfully Gateworld isn't.

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM
David Hewlitt has a MySpace page if you want to ask him to add you as a friend. I don't have the address right now because I'm at work and MySpace is a filtered site. Thankfully Gateworld isn't.

I'm really not remotely interested in MySpace other than as a resource to find out relevant SGA info.. I've no interest at all in trying to friend or be friended by people...

Redhooks
May 8th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm really not remotely interested in MySpace other than as a resource to find out relevant SGA info.. I've no interest at all in trying to friend or be friended by people...

Hmm.., David Hewlett is on SGA and he may give out relevant info on his page, or not. :confused: I'm only on it so I could see a couple of peoples pages including Jill's.

Edit: www.myspace.com/dhewlett

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Hmm.., David Hewlitt is on SGA and he may give out relevant info on his page, or not. :confused: I'm only on it so I could see a couple of peoples pages including Jill's.

Nope, he doesn't really use his MySpace much that I've seen.. he posts most stuff to dgeek and now has little updates on twitter (and that's linked to dgeek anyhow).

I don't mind reading stuff on MySpace etc... I'm just not gonna get into the whole thing of friending people and asking them to friend me... it's not like I actually know any of these people and the concept of "friending" strangers is a bit odd to me... :lol:

prion
May 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM
David Hewlitt has a MySpace page if you want to ask him to add you as a friend. I don't have the address right now because I'm at work and MySpace is a filtered site. Thankfully Gateworld isn't.

Most workplaces consider MYSpace to be a big waste of space, hence, banned via filters. However, it's worth signing up at his myspace (which requires getting your own, so mine sits there idly) in order to get updates emailed to you :)

prion
May 8th, 2007, 05:30 PM

of course, that's part of fandom! ;) however, a lot of what JoeM says can also be taken with a grain of salt. Spoilers can only be confirmed if you get a definite yes or no, really, to a well-worded question, like "how many episodes will weir be in?" answer: 'four'.

I've collected all the 'spoilers' he's put out and once you boil them down, it's not a ton, really ;)

Redhooks
May 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Most workplaces consider MYSpace to be a big waste of space, hence, banned via filters. However, it's worth signing up at his myspace (which requires getting your own, so mine sits there idly) in order to get updates emailed to you :)

I quite understand the filtering and agree with it. I did forget to mention about bulletins and blog notices that you can get sent to your home page. Then you can look at you home page for new items. If nothing is new you log off and go somewhere else. You only have to approve friends that you want, kind of like a livejournal site. You can deny people you don't know and spammers. I'm not promoting it, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be as bad as some people have made it out to be.

prion
May 9th, 2007, 04:07 AM
I quite understand the filtering and agree with it. I did forget to mention about bulletins and blog notices that you can get sent to your home page. Then you can look at you home page for new items. If nothing is new you log off and go somewhere else. You only have to approve friends that you want, kind of like a livejournal site. You can deny people you don't know and spammers. I'm not promoting it, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be as bad as some people have made it out to be.

I think workplaces find it a waste of itme due to the time people spend on it, hence, the banning. I've tried it, but because I look for more creative stuff (fiction, photos, etc. etc.) I find the LJ community to be more fun. Although I've seen several actors use MYSpace to promote their work,which considering how many people do use MySpace, makes sense marketingwise.

scarimor
May 9th, 2007, 05:44 AM
of course, that's part of fandom! ;) however, a lot of what JoeM says can also be taken with a grain of salt.
Not really. It's just that people read definitive meaning into "perhapses, maybes, possiblies, unlikelies, etc. etc." Or just infer a statement where there isn't one. The examples people have cited of him misleading the fans turn out to be fan-originated rumours in the first place.

Spoilers can only be confirmed if you get a definite yes or no, really, to a well-worded question, like "how many episodes will weir be in?" answer: 'four'.

I've collected all the 'spoilers' he's put out and once you boil them down, it's not a ton, really ;)
Which is as it should be.

ussrelativity
May 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I didn't expect to see this much information this soon.

Ruffles
May 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM
I always thought it'd be lots of fun to see how Vala and McKay got along. And maybe Vala and Sheppard. :)

(not in a shippy sense)

I wonder what Ronan would make of her? Or Teyla?

Well, she's been before (SG-1's Pegasus Project), but if she were around without Daniel to run interference, I think Ronon would just shoot her. Can you imagine Teyla trying to teach her to meditate? *snickers*

I'm trying to picture the storyline that would have Vala needed in PG. Not coming up with much. Dr. Lee I can see from a scientific point of view, Mitchell maybe, Dr Lam is a possiblity and so is Landry....

Falcon Horus
May 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Vala doesn't need a storyline. She can easily create something herself. I'm pretty sure she'd annoy McKay to the point he'd go whine in Elizabeth's office (where he unfortunately bumps into Carter). Sheppard would probably restrain her and throw her into the brig. That, or he kirks which is so 1967 of him. Ronon would most definitely shoot her and I doubt his gun will be on stun only. Teyla, I think, would roll her eyes and leave Vala to herself. I doubt she would kick her butt outside a sparring match.

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I didn't expect to see this much information this soon.

I know it's a good news bad news situation. The more we hear the more it sounds like season 5 will depend solely on the ratings for season 3. I sure hope we get a fifth year.

garhkal
May 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Oh but he's not nearly as annoying as Felger!

In my opinion of course! :D

True, but just like sam is the best tech for SG1, and rodney for Atlantis, all other techs are 'just pawns..