X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Next Season SPOILERS for Siege and more

I personally think that this next season:

1. The Daedalus and its 302 wing will be kept around to defend Atlantis and act as a mobile base of operations, having survived "Siege"(sorry, but the puddlejumpers just aren't mobile enough) kind of like what was done with the Defiant in STS9(though hopefully without that ships eventual fate). It will be commanded by the marine commander mentioned in the spoilers for Siege. As a side thought, I would love to see the Genii make another attempt to take the city, only to have their commander walk up the stairs in the gate room, look out the window at the top and see the Daedalus just hovering there, all weapons trained on him...that would be the biggest "Oh-CRAP!!" moment ever!

2. The marine detachment will be used as a defense garrison for the city, and eventually as the spearhead for allied operations against the Wraith when things begin to heat up. Additionally they will probably bring some big toys along with them, including additional 302s.

3. Permanent two-way comms with Earth will be setup, somehow.

4. The ZPM will be installed on Atlantis, to power its shield and weapons array. Another will likely be discovered and sent through to Earth, making #3. possible.

5. The Wraith will start to become a much larger presence then they have been this season, as they will all finally be awake and very, very, hungry--and who hasn't been after a long night's sleep? Additionally they will begin seriously testing Atlantis' defenses towards the middle/end of the season with raids(I think the fleet coming in Siege is just a scout force or more likely just a group looking for *food* on the planet...not a serious strike force...see the Aliens section on the Atlantis page at Scifi.com...latest entry is very interesting--thank god for The Storm!)

6. Weir will remain commander of Atlantis, with Sheppard as 2IC and commander of military operations, due to their experience in Pegasus.

Any thoughts folks?

Word of wisdom; swimming in the Arctic Ocean is perhaps not the wisest--or warmest--thing to do..especially when the ice edge is only 3 mi away!
    Last edited by alaskannut; 19 September 2004, 02:47 AM. Reason: whoops!
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

You talked about very interresting Ideas ... but I think the puddlejumper can jump in hyperspace but we just didn't figure it out how yet =) (Maybe seasons 2 or 3 ?)
    I think the Deadalus is just one the the new armade of mothership that earth buildded then it would be possible to keep one in pegasus galaxy and even many many scout ship in an "alpha Atlantis site" .

I really thing the genii will finally become our ally (It's looks like we were with the tok'ra or the jaffa rebels in the past) .
    I hope there is more than just 60 wraith ship ... for example that the genii database was not up-to-date and that they are now one hundred What do u think of it ?

I also think Weir will stay in command but there will be a military officier in the spaceship (Deadalus) and in the alpha base. Maybe the Asgard will be inform in seasons 2 that we now posses the City of the ancients [Maybe the asgard meet the wraith before when they had their full strengh, because we know the Asgard made many threaty in the past and visited a lot of galaxy]

Spoiler for some episode of Seasons 1
    I didn't read them but I know they'll meet Oma Dessala then perhaps they'll reveal us some information about the city or anything else, afterall they wanted us to be here ! And they know we do for the protection of other human form and that we can take revenge on the Wraith !

[Beause the Wraith think the ancients are still alive and that they're helping us ! It means they'll bring all their forces aigainst us when the times will comes !]

I agreed the 3 hiveship are simply a "test" and we maybe affraid them enough for they don't come back untill the seaons 2 final [Even maybe 3 but we will attack them before it ]

Tau'ri RULZ !!!!

I'm sorry if my writting suck but I did the best I can
    - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
    - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
    - The Nox

Comment

I Personally Think That The Daedalus is Another Prometheus under The Command of Captain. Radner.

Colonal. Mathew Everett and Major. Ferrell Come in First by Using the Stargate from Earth.

The Military Will Be Incresed:
      Captain. Radner - Captain of the Daedalus
      Colonal. Mathew Everett - Replacement for Colonal. Marshall Sumner
      Major. Ferrell - Deputy to Colonal. Mathew Everett
      Major. John Sheppard - 1st Incomand of Military
      Lieutenent. Aiden Ford - 2nd Incommand of Military
      Sergeant. Bates - Head of Security
      Sergeant. Stackhouse - Solider under Major. John Sheppard
      Sergeant. Markham - Solider under Major. John Sheppard

Comment

Sorry....I just can't see us being friends/allies with the Genii after all thats happened and will happen..at least not in the show's time frame, unless there is a MAJOR shakeup in their political system and in their "habits" towards others i.e. less of a terroristic tendency and less pointing of guns at defenseless women.
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

We didn't get the information from the out of date device, that device replaced the one we stole, which is the new one. Also, we won't be meeting Oma on Atlantis, it's another ascended Ancient.

Comment

Here is a question why would you give the ZPM found on Earth to Atlantis? Since Earth is in just as much need of one as Atlantis is since Baal is there. I don't get how if you were a military leader on Earth you could take the ZPM that would be safer on Earth and could be used to gate to Atlantis and power the Ancient outpost and send it to Atlantis on your new ship. Since we can't be sure that they will survive and risk losing any chance of protecting Earth. I know that the situation in the season finale may be cause for these actions to protect Atlantis I guess I need some explination or reasoning on why??

Comment

Originally posted by Pak
              I Personally Think That The Daedalus is Another Prometheus under The Command of Captain. Radner.

Colonal. Mathew Everett and Major. Ferrell Come in First by Using the Stargate from Earth.

The Military Will Be Incresed:
              Captain. Radner - Captain of the Daedalus
              Colonal. Mathew Everett - Replacement for Colonal. Marshall Sumner
              Major. Ferrell - Deputy to Colonal. Mathew Everett
              Major. John Sheppard - 1st Incomand of Military
              Lieutenent. Aiden Ford - 2nd Incommand of Military
              Sergeant. Bates - Head of Security
              Sergeant. Stackhouse - Solider under Major. John Sheppard
              Sergeant. Markham - Solider under Major. John Sheppard
              I agree with most of this except Colonel Everett. Weir and Everett will get into it over command. She trust Sheppard more than Everett.

Maybe Sheppard will get a promotion, sometime next season (I hope so).

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                You talked about very interresting Ideas ... but I think the puddlejumper can jump in hyperspace but we just didn't figure it out how yet =) (Maybe seasons 2 or 3 ?)
                Me and my friends thought up... What if the Ancient ships didn't use hyperspace... What if they had the capacity to open wormholes?

That might seem to make the Stargates obsolete, but not really... For example, today we have planes, and fast mediums of travel... Yet a lot of people use older methods, for their own reasons...

What if the puddle jumper can open it's OWN wormhole? What if the dialing console isn't just for dialing the stargate??
                sigpic
                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by rhade
                  Here is a question why would you give the ZPM found on Earth to Atlantis? Since Earth is in just as much need of one as Atlantis is since Baal is there. I don't get how if you were a military leader on Earth you could take the ZPM that would be safer on Earth and could be used to gate to Atlantis and power the Ancient outpost and send it to Atlantis on your new ship. Since we can't be sure that they will survive and risk losing any chance of protecting Earth. I know that the situation in the season finale may be cause for these actions to protect Atlantis I guess I need some explination or reasoning on why??
                  i havn't read all the spoilers but i didn't think they gave atlantis a zpm, they only have one. if they do use it to gate to earth u can't disconnect it and take it through. they would need to take it their by ship, which it sounds liek they might

but we dont know yet they earth needs it, after all this might be the last season and the gou'ld might be dead by the end or at least no threat to humans.

Comment

Working...
                  X