How to make Spiderman 3 Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make Spiderman 3 Better

Ok I was at the Midnight showing of Spiderman 3 and I thought to myself this movie is ok, their are lots of things that was wrong with it but it was still a good movie but not as good as the previous movies. Anyway what do you think you would have done differently to make this movie great.

1. Remove Sandman
    2. Remove Emo scene
    3. Do not try to make it that big of a comedy
    4. Make Venom a total Bad Ass and not the wimpy version they made
    5. More fight scenes

So now that I have stated that I will go into how to make the movie better

It starts the same with Peters life going great. Then the meteorite falls with venom in it. But it bonds to peter alot sooner. It helps Peter defeat Harry again and Harry loses his memory. Then Peter has a great life again. Until Harry gets his memory back and tries to get Marry Jane and all of that but so Spiderman gets pissed at her but goes around kicking ass and taking names. He gets Eddie Brock fired again. Then he stops a guy who is robbing a mans car and is about to kill him when Peters realizes what he is doing and how it is wrong. Peter Takes off the suit again and it falls on Eddie Brock. Now after that happens Peter goes back to where he lives but is attacked by Venom. Now Peter gets his ass kicked here. But Some Sonic or heat wave makes venom run away. Peter really doesn't understand what happens but goes home anyway. Now Venom is running away but Harry finds him and tells Venom his plan to use Mary Jane to bait Peter and then there is an epic fight between Spiderman, Venom and Harry (who uses the cool chrome goblin mask and not the stupid one he uses). Now Peter is winning becuase of his rage against the two for taking Mary Jane but Venom is getting fed up and throws Marry Jane off of a building but Harry and Peter are still fighting but Peter makes Harry realize Venom is crazy and so the two team up to stop him as to save Mary Jane. Harry and Peter fight Venom and finally stop him. They save Mary Jane. The two old friends agree to come to a truce for now but Harry says he will never forgive Peter for he did to his father but Peter asks for the sake of Mary Jane just to end this peacfully for now. Venom runs away. The movie ends with Peter prospoing to Mary Jane and leaving the anwser blank for the movie to follow.

If you want to comment on this or have you own idea post it here
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

how about they just dump Venom and develop Sandman/Harry instead? and only Have Venom show up in the last scene and be in the next movie?

Venom to date has only had 3 stories I have liked with him in them and all of them origin storys from 3 different continuities

so I wasnt surprised when they got Venom wrong because most people do

plus Sam Rami didnt even want Venom in the movie in the first place as he has stated in numerous interviews that he hated the character and that he was basicly forced to put him in it

Sandman and Harry where great though and the movie could have done much better without Venom being shoved into the last 20 min of the movie

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
      how about they just dump Venom and develop Sandman/Harry instead? and only Have Venom show up in the last scene and be in the next movie?

Venom to date has only had 3 stories I have liked with him in them and all of them origin storys from 3 different continuities

plus Sam Rami didnt even want Venom in the movie in the first place as he has stated in numerous interviews that he hated the character and that he was basicly forced to put him in it

Sandman and Harry where great though and the movie could have done much better without Venom being shoved into the last 20 min of the movie

Agreed either a whole movie about Venom or no Venom and wait till the next movie, everything in this movie was rushed and way to many plotlines
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

the one thing im glad they didnt do with Venom in this movie is have him do the moronic ''I EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!'' thing he does in the comics

oh and I didnt mind his design in the movie either... but then again I would take anything voer what Venom currently looks like in the comics (his muscle mass is growing out of control and he just looks like crap)

and if you dont get what I mean well

this is the Venom design I like
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vashperado.jpg

this is the Venom I dont like
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...enom015-08.jpg

one looks menacing the other... looks like killer jello

and I havnt even brought up how Venom currently looks (but then again his current host isnt Eddie)

and Im still waiting for the Lizard to show up... I mean we have met Doc Connors already so no need to introduce him and Lizard would make a great side enemy (and have Kraven show up as well hunting the Lizard while Spidey fights the lizard and save Connors while at the same time trying to stop Kraven)
        Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 05 May 2007, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          1. Remove Sandman
          Sandman is a classic Spiderman villain, and Tobey Maguire actually requested that he be in the next movie while they were still filming Spidey 2.

2. Remove Emo scene
          I'm guessing you totally forgot the "Raindrops are falling on my head" scene from Spidey 2? This was actually dragged out a lot more, but it's in the same spirit.

3. Do not try to make it that big of a comedy
          Uh, have you seen Raimi's previous work? They're all funny as hell. I'd rather get to laugh a bit instead of constantly being barraged with action-scene after action-scene. No offense, but sometime the crowd needs to chuckle to prepare them for the next act.

4. Make Venom a total Bad Ass and not the wimpy version they made
          Raimi didn't want Venom in Spidey 3. In fact, he doesn't like the character. I don't know what his problem with Venom is, but Venom could have been left out of this movie and it would have been an overall better film. (3 villains is just too much).

5. More fight scenes
          Right... They made a summer flick. One that would hopefully be entertaining to a large demographic, not just the male 18-25 year olds. I mean, Spiderman flicks have always been a "date move" that a guy could ask his girlfriend to go to, and she wouldn't be bored out of her mind. More fighting = more fighting with your girlfriend because chicks don't dig guys beating the crap out of each other through 2.5 hours of a film.

So now that I have stated that I will go into how to make the movie better
          You're about a year too late. The movie has been released into the wild. It cannot be made any better, no matter what opinions you may have about it.

Is Spidey 3 a good movie? Sure. Is it as good as Spidey 2? I don't think so. Is it as good as Spidey 1? Close, but I don't think so.

They tried to do too much stuff in too little time, and ended up producing something that could have been a lot better. It's the same problem as with X-Men 3 and Superman Returns (and just wait for the complete clusterf@#k that will be "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer).

At any rate, Spidey 3 will be a massive commercial success regardless of the reviews. I just hope they don't do the same disservice to any future films in the franchise, but it's bound to only go downhill from here, since it's such a cash cow.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post

actually in a more recent interview sam raimi said that that was a bit of misinformation and he actually really like the character.

i quote from the film magazine EMPIRE: "The director even went so far as to spread counter-intelligence about his intense dislike of the character and reluctance to put him in the films..........."
            and another quote from the man himself: "marvel comic books always had a great bunch of villians to choose from in the spider-man universe. so many great marvel artists and writers had developed these wonderful characters, and written stories and had drawn great images to go along with them, that it was a very easy task to pick the elements on which we wanted to base the film."

so there you have it.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              actually in a more recent interview sam raimi said that that was a bit of misinformation and he actually really like the character.

i quote from the film magazine EMPIRE: "The director even went so far as to spread counter-intelligence about his intense dislike of the character and reluctance to put him in the films..........."
              and another quote from the man himself: "marvel comic books always had a great bunch of villians to choose from in the spider-man universe. so many great marvel artists and writers had developed these wonderful characters, and written stories and had drawn great images to go along with them, that it was a very easy task to pick the elements on which we wanted to base the film."

so there you have it.
              and in another recent interview he said this

As he has discussed previously, Raimi added that it was Arad's idea to add the villain Venom to the mix. "Avi Arad, my partner and the former president of Marvel at the time, said to me, 'Sam, ... you're not paying attention to the fans enough,'" Raimi said. "'You need to think about them. You've made two movies now with your favorite villains, and now you're about to make another one with your favorite villains. The fans love Venom. He is the fan favorite. All Spider-Man readers love Venom, and even though you came from '70s Spider-Man, this is what the kids are thinking about. Please incorporate Venom. Listen to the fans now.' And so that's really where I realized, 'OK, maybe I don't have the whole Spider-Man universe in my head. I need to learn a little bit more about Spider-Man and maybe incorporate this villain to make some of the real die-hard fans of Spider-Man finally happy.'" Spider-Man 3 opens May 4. —
              if that doesnt basicly sound like him being guilted into putting Venom in the movie I dont know what is

it wasnt even his Idea to put Venom in the movie

and the results where as you see in the movie... a Venom that felt tacked on to the last 20 min of the movie so he could just be pure fanservice

sorce:
              http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=41291
              Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 06 May 2007, 07:03 AM.

Comment

well still. Just because he was asked to put venom in it doesn't mean he doesn't like the character. It may just mean that it wasn't what he was thinking of at first.

Comment

as for the interview ( I only skimmed your post)

"marvel comic books always had a great bunch of villians to choose from in the spider-man universe. so many great marvel artists and writers had developed these wonderful characters, and written stories and had drawn great images to go along with them, that it was a very easy task to pick the elements on which we wanted to base the film."

there is nothing about Venom in that though as Spidey does have great characters to choose from (Doc Oc, the Lizard(or more actually Dr Connors), both Green Goblins ect ect)

but its a fact Venom was only put in dew to fan demand not because he was a deep amazing
                  character

any ways atleast we didnt get stuck with this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bKtK0tyA5...elated&search=

since when did Spiderman become a power ranger?
                  Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 06 May 2007, 11:22 AM.

Comment

hehe. try this too:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bxMv4vx5p...elated&search=

i can only assume that's the thing from fantastic 4.

Comment

I think that is the Thing X_X

except now he can magicly grow giant and summon a spiked ball and chain

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1YmWH1I2R...elated&search=

and what about this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-m0jwdmn...elated&search=

X_X

Comment

How about you all enjoy the movie for what it is?

Comment

I did Enjoy the movie but its far from perfect and could easily be impoved apon

just because I enjoyed a movie doesnt mean Im not allowed to pick at thing I thought was wrong with it

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            How about you all enjoy the movie for what it is?
                            I enjoyed the movie to a point but it could have been so great and they just failed on the greatness that I thought this movie was going to to be. I hope they make a fourth because if thats how they end it I will be pissed
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

huh this is Interesting(and funny)

Sam Rami makes an appearance in Ultimate Spider-man as a movie Director by the same name making a Spider-man movie and they say Toby playing the role of Spider-man in the Movie...

well Spideys reaction to it is rather funny expecially when he shows up at the set

Comment

Working...
                              X