Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the Wraith are Ancients that evolved into ... - Spoilers!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think the Wraith are Ancients that evolved into ... - Spoilers!

Hi I was wondering if anybody here were wondering if eventually the atlantis writers will pull a big shocker and it turns out the wraith are in fact anceints who evolved into wraith to survive the plague, that they took a diffrent evolutionary approach, as oppose to the other ancients who evolved into asension, it would make complete sense, that these wraith/ancients were the original seeders of the pegasus galaxy to survive.

I don't see any evidence for that theory, and in Rising
    Spoiler:
    the HoloAncient lady did say that they had awakened the dark force, which implies that it was already in Pegesus....

But than, wouldn't be the first time a powerful alien mislead people.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      I don't see any evidence for that theory, and in Rising
      Spoiler:
      the HoloAncient lady did say that they had awakened the dark force, which implies that it was already in Pegesus....

But than, wouldn't be the first time a powerful alien mislead people.
      Spoiler:
      Then our people set foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slumberred. (Or something pretty close to that. I'm recalling from memory.) It's pretty safe to say that the Wraith are in no way related to the Ancients.
      sigpic

Comment

A. Wraith have teeth, which kinda assumes that they used them at on time or another in their distant past.
        2. they are humanoid.
        D. The Wraith killed the Ancients, not spawned from them.
        When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Spoilers for 38 minutes and rising
          In 38 minutes sheppard got shucked by a parasite that was an evolutionary cousin of the wriath proving they evolved seperatly from the ancients who came to pegasus from earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashrak
            Spoilers for 38 minutes and rising
            In 38 minutes sheppard got shucked by a parasite that was an evolutionary cousin of the wriath proving they evolved seperatly from the ancients who came to pegasus from earth.
            We don't know that it was an evolutionary cousin. That was just idle speculation. All we know is that it was a very nasty parasite.
            sigpic

Comment

Just because the Asgard, Unas and Humans all have 2 legs and walk upright doesn't mean they are related.
              When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Doubtful. From the way I understood it, the Wraiths were in the Pegasus galaxy before the Ancients arrived.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

how could that be when the hologram in Atlantis clearly states that they came and awoke a sleeping enemy who rivaled even them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    We don't know that it was an evolutionary cousin. That was just idle speculation. All we know is that it was a very nasty parasite.
                    It's more than speculation, They are both the same type of life sucking creatures, hell they both have the dead-white color. It's more believable theat they ARE related that it is that they arent.

Comment

That just seems a bit too far fetched...even for TPTB

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I would love the Wraiths to be a kind of degenerated Ancients. That would make them more interesting.

It would also explain how they have technology without seeming intelligent enough to build one.
                        No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                        I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                        Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Just a thought here, but if the wraith were descendants of the Ancients wouldn't they of known about Atlantis already? And wouldn't they already be inhabiting it? Maybe i dunno, it makes you wonder why the wraith didnt take over Atlantis all those many years ago. Maybe lost information? heh

Comment

It would be interesting, but I don't think so. Even if the location of Atlantis is just lost info, I think they might have similar technology or some kind of old Ancient technology, but they don't. The wraiths were also there before the Ancients came (probably) so I don't really see how they can be related.
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Well actualy the Ancient's would have had to be there first. The rule of evolution says that a species of parasites aka(Wraith) evolve after the species that they pray on the Ancients and humans.

Comment

Working...
                              X