Peter's Dreaming Ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter's Dreaming Ability

Peter seems to have the ability to dream the future, or some version of it. He had dreams about exploding, meeting Claude, flying, and in "Six Months Ago", he had one about Nathan's car accident, right before it happened. Where/Who did he gain this power from? Mama or Papa Petrelli? Simone's dad? Although the dream he had about Nathan's car wreck was before he met Simone's dad. I don't know. Theories welcome...
    sigpic

I'm pretty sure it's Simone's dad. In the first scene of the series, Peter dreams he's flying (he's napping next to Charles Devaux) and tells Simone whenever he closes his eyes he dreams. Also, Charles apparently had a dream of flying with Peter right before he died.

Further evidence for Devaux having an ability : the Company has a connection with the Devaux building, they had a meeting on the roof of it 14 years ago. Mr Nakamura probably has an ability and Linderman does have a power and had a circle of friends with abilities.

I'm not sure what the timeframe is between Peter's graduation party and Nathan's accident, which is the only drawback to that theory.

Comment

It might be because Simone was around Isaac so much, or Peter ran into him, that he was using his power without realizing it.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Kristin over at EOnline intimated that
        Spoiler:
        it was Mama Petrelli who was giving Peter the dreams, that that's her power.
        I don't know how true that is but it would be an interesting angle.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
          Kristin over at EOnline intimated that
          Spoiler:
          it was Mama Petrelli who was giving Peter the dreams, that that's her power.
          I don't know how true that is but it would be an interesting angle.
          I was thinking that. But that would make Simone's Dad an Empath too, like Peter...
          sigpic

Comment

My question is it the ability to see the future or the ability to see what he would not other wise is able to see. Up until he was able to paint the future he was seeing things as they happened or could happen right now. Maybe he is able to use the future paining with the all seeing dreams and just dose not know how to control or know which one is on. Which one is he dreaming the for sure present or the possible future?
            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I never realized that Peter has the dreaming ability!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I think that he got it from Simone's father, because
                Spoiler:
                I've read that Peter's mother probably has the power to
                Spoiler:
                teleport.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                  I think that he got it from Simone's father, because
                  Spoiler:
                  I've read that Peter's mother probably has the power to
                  Spoiler:
                  teleport.
                  Spoiler:
                  If that's true and she's similar to Hiro with Time Travel as well, it would explain how the Coalition of Elders seemingly knows that the world would be even WORSE if the bomb DIDN'T go off. It could have went something like this:

Sometime after the "War Buddies" graphic novel (Where a young Papa Petrelli and a young Linderman meet) Mama Petrelli goes to the future, comes back and reports to the coalition of a horrible future where millions of people are dead (or whatever the scenario) and they come up with the bomb idea. This plan includes everything from conceiving 2 children with her husband, one to blow up (or set in motion a chain of events where someone else blows up) and one to lead the nation into a rebuilt future, to setting up Niki and DL to have Micah who's gonna help Nathan get elected, and every other little piece of the puzzle (Ted, Nathan and Merdeith conceiving Claire, etc.) Now of course since she went into the future before this plan was set in motion, the future she saw was completely different from what Hiro and Ando saw.

But this is WILD speculation on my part. I'm going on the TV guide info that said she could teleport and what I've heard of the bomb plan from Linderman, Thompson, and Mama Petrelli. I guess we'll have to just wait and see!
                  Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 11 May 2007, 05:37 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Peter's Dreaming ability seems to connect him to people he cares about during a traumatic/stressful event. For example simone's father at his death or Nathan during his car accident. Or Nathan when he was learning about his flying ability.
                    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath View Post
                      Peter's Dreaming ability seems to connect him to people he cares about during a traumatic/stressful event. For example simone's father at his death or Nathan during his car accident. Or Nathan when he was learning about his flying ability.
                      I figured that had something to do with Peter taking some of Hiro's power and going back and talking to Simone's father. Didn't think about dreaming ability.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I think Peter his mother has something to do with it. At least she gave birth to him and Nathan, and knew about Claire's abilities. She's in this big time!

Comment

She is naughty!!
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I was watching some of the older episodes on Sci-fi yesterday and I caught a bit of "Six Months Ago". I didn't realize it the couple of times I saw it previously but right before the car accident with Nathan and his wife, they're talking about Peter. Check this out:

NATHAN: My brother Peter, the hospice nurse. Can you believe it? It's just --

HEIDI: Oh, it's a perfect fit. He's selfless and empathic ...

If she only knew...
                            sigpic

Comment

It appears that Peter had dual abilities or he asorbed it from someone/ most likely Simone's father. The problem with the Buddhawasanacient's theory is, i dont think they can control what abilities their offspring have, it seems that it would vary from person to person, with the 4 genes that give the power interacting with the normal and unique DNA of each individual in different ways. That would seem most logical and would make the ability somewhat random. You must remember that they werent sure that Claire had an ability when she was a baby, and said if she began to "manifest" to turn her in, the use of words gives the impression they had no idea what her power was at the time.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X