This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Industrial Capabilities...

It doesn't appear to me that the Wraith have any way of making new ships, Hives or Darts. They are nomadic, there for, do not have the means to set up factories and the such to build new weapons or vehicles. Once their existing stockpiles are destroyed, they do not have a way to replenish the losses.
    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Agreed. They must have abandoned building very long ago, then cleared Pegasus of life, and started to hibernate for thousands of years when they realized they had nothing left to eat. (Yes, thousands.
    Spoiler:
    They wouldn't have started only hibernating for 200 until they had the human worlds.
    )
    sigpic

Comment

Assuming that they don't have a large base built on a planet somewhere (maybe there original home world) then in my opinion they wouldn't have the facilities to build more hive ships... but I don't see any reason why some sort of a facility to manufacture darts could have been constructed inside a hive ship, they are huge and we have only seen a tiny portion of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend
        Assuming that they don't have a large base built on a planet somewhere (maybe there original home world) then in my opinion they wouldn't have the facilities to build more hive ships... but I don't see any reason why some sort of a facility to manufacture darts could have been constructed inside a hive ship, they are huge and we have only seen a tiny portion of one.
        That's true. They may be able to make things in their ships, but once a ship is destroyed, I don't see them replacing it.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the ship contain a lot of things that they can put on a planet and build anything they want from ... after all they're very intelligent
          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
          - The Nox

Comment

What if they have similar technology like a Tokra crystals to build the caves? It would by just biological instread crystal.
            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Wasn't the world from the Rising their homeworld? Isn't that the one where Shepard went back to and got that "Cling On" stuck on him? Beckett hypthesized that the Wraith may have evolved from those..

If they are spread out amongst many worlds, perhaps we are dealing with much more here than just the Wraith's we've been seeing. Maybe they are just soldiers/grunts serving a higher echeleon of Wraiths.

I think that the Atlantis team may have jumped the gun in assuming that the Wraith are the enemy the hologram lady was talking about..

Comment

What if they have similar technology like a Tokra crystals to build the caves? It would by just biological instread crystal.
                I have a feeling that the Wraith base their technology on biology, so it can "heal" itself if it's damaged. Sorta like the ship in Farscape, but not sentient.

Wasn't the world from the Rising their homeworld? Isn't that the one where Shepard went back to and got that "Cling On" stuck on him? Beckett hypthesized that the Wraith may have evolved from those..
                The "Cling On" could have easily been transported to that planet inside/on the Wraith hive ship.
                They hibernate for 200 years or so at a time, so they probably set down on a planet and feast, then hibernate. When they get hungry again, they take off to a new planet, and repeat.

If they are spread out amongst many worlds, perhaps we are dealing with much more here than just the Wraith's we've been seeing. Maybe they are just soldiers/grunts serving a higher echeleon of Wraiths.
                They established that in the first episode. You have the big muscular "drones" that do all the fighting, and the normal male and females that order the drones around. They don't have a government, or factions. If someone doesn't fall into their caste system, they probably kill them or banish them (no soup for them!).

I think that the Atlantis team may have jumped the gun in assuming that the Wraith are the enemy the hologram lady was talking about..
                I suppose you think the ancients were defeated by the Genii?
                The Wraith are the ones that defeated the Atlantis ancients, the writers have established that repeatedly in just about every episode.
                Alot of people seem to think that the ancients were just too damn advanced to ever be defeated by anyone, specially the Wraith. The thing is, we haven't seen the Wraith in action yet, so there's no way to know how powerful their technology is.
                I think in one of the last few episodes they established that the Wraith have somewhere around 60+ hive ships, each of which carries a bunch of darts. When we see that force make it to Atlantis, it should be pretty impressive.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven

I think they have surely more homeworlds. And that queen we've seen is just one of the many.
                  Its like killing Ra, but there are many others
                  "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                    I think in one of the last few episodes they established that the Wraith have somewhere around 60+ hive ships, each of which carries a bunch of darts. When we see that force make it to Atlantis, it should be pretty impressive.
                    At the moment I don't see why the Wraith would like to come to Atlantis at this point or anytime soon for that matter. There isn't much to eat, you know. And when the Wraith come, they come to finish Atlantis off and I doubt they'll think they need more than a couple of ships for that.
                    Channara

-"How come I never get to kiss anybody?"
                    -"Well, it's a... there's being episode written for you ...soon. Very soon."
                    -"Sure."

Comment

Wraith homeworld? I didn't see factories or anything else near the Stargate, nor did I see more than 3 Wraith on that planet. I dont think they have anyway to build new ships. Maybe I'm wrong.
                      When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Working...
                      X