PDA

View Full Version : My Naquadah Enhanced Life

Feli
May 4th, 2004, 08:07 AM
I haven't plugged a new fic in ages, so it's definitely time to do that once again.

I took a - completely serious ;) - look at the way Stargate SG-1 impacts on my daily life and decided to write a - again totally serious - story about it. It's called "My Naquadah Enhanced Life" and you can read it at "25%" (formerly Pink Khaki).

http://www.twenty-five-percent.com/25feli01.html

Hope you enjoy it!

Oh, and feedback is always welcome of course. :) If you spot any typos please address your concerns to my lovely beta Sam; it's all her fault anyway! *eg* Thank you, Sam!!!

PS: Ruralstar, the 'tea' references are especially for you.... ;-)

Norlioness
May 4th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I posted this message on another thread. So, here it is again.

Feli, that was fun to read. Great job!

"Hubs gives a resigned nod; yes, I did interrupt his viewing pleasure by constantly imparting little tidbits and pieces of information I considered vital for his enjoyment of the episode."

Heheh! Oh, how true! I do it too, even when we're watching re-runs. Husbands are a patient lot, aren't they?

How delightful that the world of Stargate can lighten a routine day!

Feli
May 4th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Feli, that was fun to read. Great job!

YAY, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yes, husbands can be a very patient lot when dealing with our Stargate obsession. Of course it helps that he enjoys watching the show, too. When I let him, that is... ;)

Satori
May 11th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Hey Feli :)

Just wanted to say hi to start with and also LOL, that was funny!!! And of course *nothing* like your life at all...... right? ;)

And that dream at the end..... involved a shower too, yeah? Thought so. :D

Major Clanger
May 12th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Poor ol' Mr.MC really struggles to cope with Stargate and me!!

and...

SATORI!!!! woo hoo!

KatG
May 13th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I'll post again here too. Well done sweetie. Loved the "tell me about your week-end and leave out the Stargate parts". What planet is she from? 8)

KatG
May 13th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Satori!!! :)

How's it going?

Feli
May 21st, 2004, 05:53 AM
((((Satori)))))

Hey, welcome back! Haven't talked to you in ages, since when have you been back? Probably weeks already, huh, and I didn't even notice...

And that dream at the end..... involved a shower too, yeah? Thought so. :D
ROFLMAO! I'm not telling! ;)

Feli
May 21st, 2004, 05:56 AM
I'll post again here too. Well done sweetie. Loved the "tell me about your week-end and leave out the Stargate parts". What planet is she from? 8)
Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm back, btw, will email soon!

KatG
May 21st, 2004, 11:02 AM
I'm back, btw

((((Feli))))

Missed you.

Satori
May 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Oh poo, whoops....

Really still trying to get used to this whole new forum thing and I keep forgetting what threads to read so I just haven't been back to this one since I posted, lol!! Sorry O:-)

MC, Kat, Feli...... and indeed anyone else I know.... hey!!!!!!!!

Yeah I got back almost a month ago now which is a pretty scary thought but I had an absolutely phenomenally amazing time, I couldn't even begin to describe it <BG> Ended up adding Thailand and Laos to the trip because I was getting annoyed with everyone else having other places to go, lol! But as fantastic as they were (especially Laos, a magical country) they'll never be Sri Lanka... I love that country!

It was also actually (don't spread it around though) really great to get away from everything here, RL and online stuff, I reckon it did me good, a bit of perspective you know? Although it's amazing how quickly you just sink back into things.

How've you all been?

Feli - :rolleyes: Yeah yeah yeah, I know how your mind works, there was a shower ;)

KatG
May 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Hey Satori.

Sounds like you had a great trip. I think I'm jealous.

Things are going pretty good for me. Not too sure how I feel about the new forum setup, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. 8)

Feli
May 28th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Feli - :rolleyes: Yeah yeah yeah, I know how your mind works, there was a shower ;)
:: bristles ::

Young lady, I'll have you know that my mind was pure and innocent until you and Riz came along...!

KatG
May 28th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Young lady, I'll have you know that my mind was pure and innocent until you and Riz came along...!

*snorts*

Uh huh. Right. Like we really believe that. :rolleyes:

Iskandra
May 28th, 2004, 06:51 AM
@Feli: That was *great* - a bit of light entertainment that I just needed right now... (in the middle of reading a book on Assyrian cuneiform...no really.... :D ) I had to snort into my *tea* when you mentioned Heru'ur on ecstasy.....fancy that, one of my professors sounds liek that as well.

And for the tea thing: There *are* people who are both tea and coffee junkies...like me....so there's a good chance that Jack....erm....

Feli
May 29th, 2004, 10:28 AM
*snorts*

Uh huh. Right. Like we really believe that. :rolleyes:
Well, yes. You of all people should, after all you beta-ed my fics and know exactly that they were pure and innocent!

Feli
May 29th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Iskandara, thanks for the feedback; I'm glad you enjoyed the fic!

As for the possibility that Jack could be a tea addict as well, could you please repeat this statement while certain people are listening? *g*

*directs pointed look at Ruralstar*

shinyredpants
May 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
hahahaha that was great!

Feli
May 29th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks, shinyredpants!

KatG
May 29th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Well, yes. You of all people should, after all you beta-ed my fics and know exactly that they were pure and innocent!

Oh yes. They were as pure as the driven snow.

Feli
June 1st, 2004, 01:51 AM
Oh yes. They were as pure as the driven snow.
You forgot to add "...until you beta-ed them" ;-)

KatG
June 1st, 2004, 03:56 AM
You forgot to add "...until you beta-ed them" ;-)

Heh, heh. I didn't forget. ;)

Feli
June 2nd, 2004, 05:18 AM
Heh, heh. I didn't forget. ;)
What are you implying..?

Iskandra
June 2nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
*anyone listening?* I'll just repeat the thing about tea and Jack :D:D:D

A LOT of people are T*E*A as well as coffee junkies...really....I think Jack looks the type *grin*

KatG
June 2nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
What are you implying..?

*looks around innocently*

Nothing.

SamInChicago
June 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
If you spot any typos please address your concerns to my lovely beta Sam; it's all her fault anyway!

Hah! If anything, I probably added in typos that weren't there to begin with. Your English is better than mine any day. :)

Excellent job on this.

Iskandra
June 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Hah! If anything, I probably added in typos that weren't there to begin with. Your English is better than mine any day. :)

Excellent job on this.

That's something I also found amazing...great English.....but Feli, you *are* German?

Feli
June 3rd, 2004, 03:31 AM
*anyone listening?* I'll just repeat the thing about tea and Jack :D:D:D

A LOT of people are T*E*A as well as coffee junkies...really....I think Jack looks the type *grin*
Do you know how much I love you!? ;) Thank you!

Feli
June 3rd, 2004, 03:32 AM
*looks around innocently*

Nothing.
Pah, and who do you expect to believe this little 'Ms Innocent' act...?

Feli
June 3rd, 2004, 03:36 AM

Excellent job on this.
Thanks, I'm glad you approve of the finished product!

As for adding in typos: :p

Feli
June 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
That's something I also found amazing...great English.....but Feli, you *are* German?
Last time I checked I was still German, yes. ;) But with betas like Kat and Sam even non-native speakers can write fics.

KatG
June 3rd, 2004, 09:08 AM
Pah, and who do you expect to believe this little 'Ms Innocent' act...?

I'm sure somebody will. :D

KatG
June 3rd, 2004, 09:09 AM
Last time I checked I was still German, yes. ;) But with betas like Kat and Sam even non-native speakers can write fics.

You make it easy to beta.

Feli
June 5th, 2004, 04:42 AM
I'm sure somebody will. :D
*sighs*

There are just too many gullible people out there...

KatG
June 5th, 2004, 04:22 PM
*sighs*

There are just too many gullible people out there...

True. Too true. :)

Madeleine
June 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Last time I checked I was still German, yes. ;)

You poor thing. They still haven't found a cure?

:: runs away ::

Iskandra
June 6th, 2004, 11:50 AM

HEY! I'm German, too! :D

(heh-you're a System Lord, does it hurt if I disagree with you? ;))

Feli
June 8th, 2004, 10:29 AM

:p

You think just because I'm not on the same continent as you at the moment I'll let you get away with this?

*smiles menacingly*

Think again...!

Songbird
June 8th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Oh, Feli! I loved your story! I'm not a big fan of fanfic, but that one had me chuckling. I think your hubs and mine might enjoy comparing notes... especially about the "tidbits" stuff. LOL! And I'm in total agreement about the tea. I think it's high time TPTB illuminate us on that small, but vital, point. ;) Thanks for sharing!

Feli
June 11th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Hey Songbird, thank you for the feedback; I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

And I'm glad someone else realizes how vitally important the tea drinking issue is... :-D

Iskandra
June 12th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I agree that the tea drinking phenomenon is ALL IMPORTANT :D:D:D

I'd bring it up anytime!

@Feli: If you need help to defend yourself against the German illness...erm...sorry, I mean people who *think* it's an illness....just give me a call- distances are definitely *not* a problem! *snicker*

btw, which part of Illness- ah, sorry! Germany are you from?

VixyOwl (~~Ani)
July 23rd, 2004, 09:08 AM
Just have to log in.

I've had *such* a naquadah-enhanced day. Everything's making me think of Stargate!

Thanks for the story so I now have a name for days (umm...weeks, sometimes...) like this!

Feli
July 28th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Just have to log in.

I've had *such* a naquadah-enhanced day. Everything's making me think of Stargate!

Thanks for the story so I now have a name for days (umm...weeks, sometimes...) like this!
LOL, glad to be of assistance!