Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puddle jumper supply and replaement(S4 spoiler & spec)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle jumper supply and replaement(S4 spoiler & spec)

One of the biggest plothole of Star Trek Voyage was the limitless supply of Shuttle and photon torpedo .

On Atlantis , in the S2 episode "Coup D'etat ", Cowen of Genii calculated SGA had about 10 puddle jumper.

10 jumper (including the extra jumper from"The Tower"), that is not much.

We got one more jumper from Asuran (ep"Progeny" )
    The Asuran blow up another jumper to demonstrate their abilitiy to kill Ancient(ep"Return")

Asuming the jumper use by general O'Neil to return to Earth was Timejumper ( after timetravel device remove)

Did i miss any loss of jumper?

A puddle jumper is reliable it can use even after 15000 yr.(The timejumper discover by SG1 was probably 10000 yr old,it travel to 5000 bc and then use by the alternative SG1 after another 5000 yr).
    But sometime things go wrong like 'Grace under Pressure" when the repair jumper fail.

So Can SGA find a way to replace or re-supply the jumper ?

One way to replace them is to use Asgard technologies to replicate the jumper parts and built new one.
    SGA already had repair a few of the damage jumper,some are good as new some are not "Grace under pressure"
    Spoiler S4 Seer
    Spoiler:
    Dr Mckay trying to prevent the Wraith shuting down their "Replicator".
    I think SGA will have matter replicator

What about Earth built new Earth version of Puddle jumper?
    Earth already had study the timpjumper and Apophis 's special Glider for yrs.
    And Earth already can build inearia dampener for F 302
    SGA already had one or two capture Wraith Dart
    plus the new Asgard technologies from the spoiler i mention

Maybe they an build new jumper without the need of ATA gene.

The number of Puddle Jumpers is open to debate. The Genii's estimation was a tad bit flawed IMO.

The producers have not disclosed how many, but more than 12 appeared on the first two rings of the jumper bay when the camera panned in the opening episode. We know that the jumper bay has multiple levels... so more than 12 are possible.

We know that in addition to the Jumper from the tower, we got 'an excellent parts selection' - or something to that effect.

During the Asuran visit to Atlantis, we see for the first time an underwater jumper bay, and it too had a full compliment of jumpers, arranged in esentially the same layout as the 'upper' jumper bay.

I would assume that there are more than 2 jumper bays in Atlantis.

I think it's smart of the producers not to 'limit themselves' by stating how many they have... but IMO, they must have more than 30.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

I'd say there was about 10 the time the Genii were in Atlantis. We found an underwater bay that has more, not to mention they found another Atlantis in 'The Tower' that had another bay full of them.

So they have enough PJ's to suit their needs. They would only be worrying about them lacking in numbers if they were being used as fighters against the huge numbers of Darts that the Wraith ships carry, which they aren't. So that isn't a worry.

Simply put, they have more than enough Jumpers for their needs at this point in time!

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
        One way to replace them is to use Asgard technologies to replicate the jumper parts and built new one.
        SGA already had repair a few of the damage jumper,some are good as new some are not "Grace under pressure"
        Spoiler S4 Seer
        Spoiler:
        Dr Mckay trying to prevent the Wraith shuting down their "Replicator".
        I think SGA will have matter replicator

What about Earth built new Earth version of Puddle jumper?
        Earth already had study the timpjumper and Apophis 's special Glider for yrs.
        And Earth already can build inearia dampener for F 302
        SGA already had one or two capture Wraith Dart
        plus the new Asgard technologies from the spoiler i mention

Maybe they an build new jumper without the need of ATA gene.
        In order for the matter replicator to work, they'd still need to know how the PJ works. Lantean tech is far superior to that of the Asgards. They can make Asgard hyperdrives, shields, beaming technology, holograms now, yet they can't do nothing Ancient.

So there has to be a lot more to it that putting in a PJ to the computer & it builds it for you. I don't think it'd even be able to build a 302 by itself. I think for reality value, they'd need to replicate the individual parts or sections seperately, then put it together themselves.

If they can replicate whole ships at once, then why not install it outside & create a brand new 304 in a few secs. The other one is go hunting for neutronium etc, then whack yourself out an O'Neill class in an instant. I seriously doubt they'll play it out like that.

As for 'The Seer': You actually read that part wrong, it wasn't the Replicators as in the Asgard technology that were being worked on by McKay. It was the Asurans that were being referred to.

Comment

Atlantis was suppose to be a city, so we can assume they have somewhere in the hundreds or thousands of pj's.

Take into effect, the war with the wraith so we could probably half that too 500.

Now, some pj's were probably taken back to earth so drop that down again to 250.

Now, spread that out yet again. For Atlantians who stayed in the Pegasus galaxy.

So, we can assume there are more than 1 or 2 docking bays around the city.

We have on hand probably 40 or more, and we will probably find more in season 4.
          Visit my Website

Comment

The only thing i want to know, is what is their power source??? And can it be recharged?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              The only thing i want to know, is what is their power source??? And can it be recharged?
              It's obviously a small generator of sorts. Not very powerful because it could only work for 30mins while underwater before being drained.

From 'Grace Under Pressure':

ZELENKA: That would hold back the water, yes, but it would take significantly more power.

SHEPPARD: We shut down everything we don't need.

+

ZELENKA: Wait. Wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait. (He stands up and runs to his laptop further back in the ship.) I was afraid of this.

The shield is draining our power at an alarmingly fast rate.

SHEPPARD: Why's that?

ZELENKA: Well, a cloak draws its power at a constant rate, whereas a shield draws more power the more it is taxed.

SHEPPARD: So, being under several atmospheres of pressure ...

ZELENKA: Yes. It's continuously draining power from our shield.

SHEPPARD: How much time do we have?

ZELENKA: Once we're deeper, thirty minutes, tops.
              It ended up going down to less than 12 mins before power ran out.

From 'The Tower':

OTHO: It's a flying machine – or at least it used to be. We ran out of power a long time ago. I know you have some understanding of these things, even though you try not to show it. I also know that this place was once home to a much more advanced civilisation

+

SHEPPARD: We got the drones, we got a few Jumpers; I even got the girl.

WEIR: You got the girl?!

SHEPPARD: Well, I mean I *could* have got the girl. I turned her down.

(Elizabeth smiles.)

WEIR: What did you offer them in return for the drones and the Jumpers?

SHEPPARD: A supply of medicines and an IDC if they need to reach us.
              In 'The Tower' they said their PJ's ran out of power, yet Atlantis ended up getting them to use. So obviously they'll be able to be recharged because I can't see the McKay or another others being able to retro-fit copied Lantean power sources as of yet.

So they probably can be re-charged perhaps by the ZPM itself that is rigged up to docking ports or whatever in the jumper bay. If it was a ZPM powering the PJ itself, then it wouldn't be able to be recharged. As well as they must obviously be able to re-stock their supply of Drones.

It simply wouldn't make any sense not to be able to re-charge a PJ once it goes out of power!

Comment

I would think that the PJ energy source would be analogous to a fuel tank in a car. You can only go for so long until your tank runs empty, but it is easy to fill up again (as long as you can afford to and know how to use a petrol pump)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

obviously they can recharge the PJ power supply else by now they would have run out of jumpers to use.
                  I think that the jumper bay prob has some sort of recharge facility that the people from the tower could not use

Comment

i think it might be something like the "power core" from the episode Tin Man. like where they fly the jumpers in, and then they just recharge. or something like that. or when they land, they meet up with a plateform that has power conductors and it recharges that way.

Comment

If I am not mistaken the Tower had alot more jumpers than one, it is also possible the Tria was equipped with a large number of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                        Atlantis was suppose to be a city, so we can assume they have somewhere in the hundreds or thousands of pj's.

Take into effect, the war with the wraith so we could probably half that too 500.

Now, some pj's were probably taken back to earth so drop that down again to 250.

Now, spread that out yet again. For Atlantians who stayed in the Pegasus galaxy.

So, we can assume there are more than 1 or 2 docking bays around the city.

We have on hand probably 40 or more, and we will probably find more in season 4.
                        Hundreds or thousands of PJ's? You've got to be kidding me.

Heres a little perspective for you. We know that a Aurora Class Warship has the capacity for somewhere around 400 people (Aurora, The Return). Now, the warship is somewhere close to the length of a pier. So, 6 x 400 = 2400 people. So, lets say, for arguments sake that Atlantis can hold 3000 people max (like the absolute maximum).

Your telling me you think that every single person on Atlantis has there own jumper? You couldn't even fit that many jumpers into the area Atlantis takes up. 3km is equal to approximatly 1 3/4 mile, and 3km is the 'official' diameter of atlantis.

At most, I would say Atlantis has a compliment of 40 jumpers, no more then that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                          If I am not mistaken the Tower had alot more jumpers than one, it is also possible the Tria was equipped with a large number of them.
                          Which has vanished into the multitude of standing plotholes.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post
                            At most, I would say Atlantis has a compliment of 40 jumpers, no more then that though.
                            Tbh, I think even that is double what they had at the most. They've said previously that they have the schematics & a good idea of where everything is.

We've only ever seen a top bay, then they obviously knew of the underwater one, but just didn't have a chance to get into it until now. So I think that something the size of a bay full of PJ's would take up enough room for them to have a fair idea of what it was.

So I can really see them showing only 2 bays in the city, 1 on top & 1 below.

Say they had another couple of cityships lying around the galaxy. With a few outposts, installations etc. Then figure perhaps 100 maximum. I think it'd have been far more important to churn out warships, than little PJ's that weren't used fighters & only carried a limited amount of Drones at any one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post
                              Hundreds or thousands of PJ's? You've got to be kidding me.

Heres a little perspective for you. We know that a Aurora Class Warship has the capacity for somewhere around 400 people (Aurora, The Return). Now, the warship is somewhere close to the length of a pier. So, 6 x 400 = 2400 people. So, lets say, for arguments sake that Atlantis can hold 3000 people max (like the absolute maximum).

Your telling me you think that every single person on Atlantis has there own jumper? You couldn't even fit that many jumpers into the area Atlantis takes up. 3km is equal to approximatly 1 3/4 mile, and 3km is the 'official' diameter of atlantis.

Atlantis is as big as Manthan as Rodney says in that one episode. I believe it went something like this

Rodney: If we were to search this place room by room it would be searching Manthan. (or someting like that)
                              So I think the Ancinets could have 500 jumpers or so if they wanted I mean I'm not saying its pratical but they could. I mean why didn't they just beam the jumpers intoa buffer then let it out when they need it
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X