This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 7 delayed.

I'm so tempted to title this thread "Doctor Who episode has been cancelled" after the Gridlock thread....

On a slightly less entertaining bit, tho, myself and other addicts will have to wait. Episode 6 does air this week but episode 7 is moved a week because of... the Eurovision.

Always hated that thing, now I got one mroe reason to!

(does mean we have one more week to wonder how a Chris Chibnall episode would look on Doctor who. The good part, it's Doctor Who, he can't write 8 sex scenes! )
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

So this means the ep due to air on 12 May is postponed, due to the annual Euro campfest? After the awfulness of the Evolution of the Daleks I'd almost rather watch the latter. Tip: it's almost better with the sound off.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

But I liked Evolution of the Daleks!

*pouts*
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Uh oh... The BBC = NIL POINTS!!!

Why am I not surprised that Doctor Who is being postponed again. Sci fi shows are always "subject to change" whenever a "popular entertainment" programme comes along. Although, I think this might give some folks a chance to recover after last week's Who.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Treatment of Who this year is rather poor. Think about it, "Smith and Jones" was delayed a week for football, "Gridlock" was going to be postponed if the football overran, and now "42" is being put back a week. Well done BBC. let the sarcastic clapping commence
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! But I like the Eurovision (at least, as long as I am able to be drinking copious amounts of alcohol whilst watching - seriously, try it, it's the only way to go!)... but not at the expense of my Dr Who viewing!!!

This really is getting annoying... I agree with what's said above about genre shows always getting the short end of the stick - they always get bumped in favour of any kind of sports event or dumb live show (usually of a "reality TV" type nature). *sulk*

The Beeb has a long history of this (god, their scheduling was awful when they had Buffy on Beeb2, the show was moved all over the place from week to week and pre-empted for snooker and god knows what!) but come on, Who is one of their biggest, most popular damn shows!

Why is it always that decent scripted drama always gets treated like the poor bloody cousin when it comes to scheduling.. and if it's at all genre, then doubly so!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
              Treatment of Who this year is rather poor. Think about it, "Smith and Jones" was delayed a week for football, "Gridlock" was going to be postponed if the football overran, and now "42" is being put back a week. Well done BBC. let the sarcastic clapping commence
              Um ... the BBC has aired Eurovision for god knows how many years in a row. It's always a Saturday, and is an event not organised by the BBC. And it's payed a lot of money to get the FA Cup football from Sky, in which matches are always going to be on on a Saturday.

Saturday night is a huge time for watching telly, which is why they've put Dr. Who there, as one of their biggest performing events. Unfortunately, this time of year there are lots and lots of unavoidable events they have the rights to, just not necessarily the control over start time, and as Saturday night is the best time for watching telly ... you get the picture.

Would you have preferred them to have waited until after the football season was over? Or can people be patient enough to cope for a week?

I don't blame the BBC. The show's not being treated badly - IT'S BEEN GIVEN THE BEST SLOT IN THE SCHEDULE. Just happens this time of year there's a lot of other things which the BBC have the rights to, or have become a national institution (in Eurovision's case), that also air in that best timeslot.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I guess that I'm biased in that I don't take any interest in sport and have no interest in watching it on TV.. so it does irk when the programmes I enjoy get bumped in favour of sports.. no matter the reason or the justification. I'm sure the inverse is true of sports fans who would much rather watch sports than scripted drama/scifi. Each to their own and all that....
                sigpic

Comment

Hey at least I can have the excuse to get totally p!$$ed and laugh at Terry Wogan, although after the last 2 episodes I feel like I should have copious amounts of alcohol beside me if the rest of the series is as bad as it has been.

As has been said before the BBC treat sci fi shamefully *Ahem*X Files*Ahem* so we really shouldn't be at all surprised that Dr Who (the flagship show) has been shafted in favour of Eurovision

Comment

haha! Awesome. Eurovision's always a lark. I'll get the Dominoes (pizza) in, someone else bring the lager.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

This is great news I get my Sunday morning back!!! Yay!

*runs away*

Seriously; I can see why the beeb would do this, and no doubt they have some loooooooong standing contract to say it will screen, probably looooooonger then the new Who has been on air.

As long as it is a one off.

*shrugs*

Some of us waited years between eps!

Just sitting in front of the telly waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Kahn
                        Exterminate Terry Wogan. Exterminate, Exteminate, EXTERMINATE!!!!
                        Couldnt agree more.
                        Originally posted by farcue
                        "You're the last man alive John"
                        "What about tayla?"
                        "Shes dead."
                        "What about ronan?"
                        "He's dead, they're all dead."
                        "Not Carter?"
                        "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                        "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

According the official site, because of the delay they've whipped up something to add to the end of "The Lazarus Experiment" as a treat to the fans...
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I wonder why there's picture of the smirking Mr Saxon in with the news article. Could that be a hint of what's to come in the special treat?
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Well, the treat was a trailer for the second half of the season, and it looks like it's going to continue whats been a great series so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X