Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Announcement Regarding Season Finale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated Announcement Regarding Season Finale!

Both the Vorian/Kih'Andari war and the Book of Nosah'trah will be playing major roles in the finale, which kicks off just a week from today.

Now, I mentioned a while back that there'd be another announcement regarding the finale. And here it is:

Unfortunately, the announcement that it would be a 90 minute episode was made right after the very first draft was finished, which turns out to have been a little too soon. There were still some problems with the structure and pacing, and a couple of days ago I was able to finally figure out a way for it to work. However, unlike last season's finale, "A Matter of Faith, Part Two" turns out to work better as a one hour episode.

The 90 minute version was just dragging on a little too much in some places, while the one hour version works as a fast paced and pretty suspenseful episode. So while it's not an extended length episode, I can promise that it not only works better this way, but it's also going to be quite an exciting and probably surprising finale.

And since there's a lot of material that was written and that didn't make it into the final version of the episode, we can definitely release those scenes as deleted scenes after the episode is out. Especially since I was rather fond of some of the things that had to go, but they were slowing things down too much in some places. So at the end of the day, sacrifices had to be made to get the episode to work.

My apologies for having been a little too quick with saying it's a 90 minute episode. But this just shows you we never stop working, even after we finish the first drafts of the finale after long weeks of hard work, trying to figure them out in the first place. So you see, this was just an elaborate plot to demonstrate how noble and hard working we are.
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 10 May 2007, 08:19 AM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

i hope there isn't a major cliffhanger like the atlantis season 3 finale
    honestly, im impatient when it comes to the resolution of conflicts

Comment

Hmmmm. Now, there's something to speculate about. Just how do you think this season will end? We know the season finale is called "A Matter of Faith," which I think is an interesting title for a finale. Gotta wonder how that title factors into what happens.

I will say that so far I couldn't be happier with the finale, which is really just my honest oppinion. It was a very difficult episode in a lot of ways, but I think it's turned out wonderful. The great thing about it is that it's got not only action but also suspense, some pretty big twists and surprises, some great character moments, and it's also got it's share of emotional moments. Working on polishing it now, and it's really only three more weeks from being released.

Anyway. Let's turn this into a question. What do you think how the season will end with everything that's going on? Who's going to leave, and how? Is someone going to die, or is this person really just leaving. Remember, if you look at my first post where I mentioned this, I never said someone would die. For all we know someome might just be going on an extended leave... or not. At this point it could really go either way.

Here's a little deal. The more you particepate in discussions and speculations, the more cryptic hints we'll throw out over the next couple of weeks. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Comment

ahaha im trying to find the hidden hints in that post
        so looks like somebody might not "die" after all!
        aha
        hmm, i think one of the major issues will be resolved, we'll probably find the damn book lol.

Comment

Well the season final. sound interesting.

now could the book only be used by someone who believe that the sentinels are real gods, meaning unless someone has true faith you cannot see or find the book.

One question will we be seeing the Asgard in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
            so looks like somebody might not "die" after all!
            aha
            Someone will definitely die in the finale. The question is really just: who? And will it be someone from the regular cast?

hmm, i think one of the major issues will be resolved, we'll probably find the damn book lol.
            It's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              now could the book only be used by someone who believe that the sentinels are real gods, meaning unless someone has true faith you cannot see or find the book.
              Here's another question. Will the "book" really be a book?

One question will we be seeing the Asgard in the episode.
              Nope, no Asgard in any of the remaining episodes this season.

Comment

it isn't going to be like the book doesn't exist and they don't get it after all?
                i mean...they do get something?
                i duno, these magical objects, i sometimes have my doubts lol

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                  it isn't going to be like the book doesn't exist and they don't get it after all?
                  Now, here's an idea for a surprising twist.

i mean...they do get something?
                  Possibly.

i duno, these magical objects, i sometimes have my doubts lol
                  Yeah, who knows what's up with that thing. And what could possibly make it so dangerous that we couldn't let Dureg get his hands on it.

The answers will arrive before the season ends. That much I can promise.

Comment

Woot. I do love a good extended episode. I expect the arc to be resolved, but in a fine Horizon manner, there will be a cliff-hanger but not a typical cliff-hanger. We'll find the book and be left having to wait until next season, months later in the series, to find out what's in the book or something.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

well im sure there will be something major involving this whole vorian civil war
                      that was pretty much the central conflict this entire season

last season it was the enoly, this season it was those pesky rogues
                      hm who knows

Comment

Both the Vorian/Kih'Andari war and the Book of Nosah'trah will be playing major roles in the finale, which kicks off just a week from today.

Now, I mentioned a while back that there'd be another announcement regarding the finale. And here it is:

Unfortunately, the announcement that it would be a 90 minute episode was made right after the very first draft was finished, which turns out to have been a little too soon. There were still some problems with the structure and pacing, and a couple of days ago I was able to finally figure out a way for it to work. However, unlike last season's finale, "A Matter of Faith, Part Two" turns out to work better as a one hour episode.

The 90 minute version was just dragging on a little too much in some places, while the one hour version works as a fast paced and pretty suspenseful episode. So while it's not an extended length episode, I can promise that it not only works better this way, but it's also going to be quite an exciting and probably surprising finale.

And since there's a lot of material that was written and that didn't make it into the final version of the episode, we can definitely release those scenes as deleted scenes after the episode is out. Especially since I was rather fond of some of the things that had to go, but they were slowing things down too much in some places. So at the end of the day, sacrifices had to be made to get the episode to work.

My apologies for having been a little too quick with saying it's a 90 minute episode. But this just shows you we never stop working, even after we finish the first drafts of the finale after long weeks of hard work, trying to figure them out in the first place. So you see, this was just an elaborate plot to demonstrate how noble and hard working we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X