This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tauri VS Asurans

ok i know that there are many vs threads but..

now that atlantis have gone up against the asurans and can keep up a good fight

who do think will win.....
    sigpic

TAU'RI hands down the Asurans suck they are robots and should be easily defeated with the pwarw but im guessing tptb will drag them out for too long which will be a disservice to the wraith who imo are the better enemy without a doubt.

Comment

If the Asurans really wanted to defeat us, we'd have no chance.

Spoiler:
      I mean, a simple little beam almost killed us in the finale; and don't even get me started on their warships.

Comment

Well a simple little satelite could defeat the asurans

Comment

We'll see about that.

Comment

It's true, the Asurans don't seem to be completely dedicated to destroying us, at least, not yet.

We know they're certainly capable of doing a lot more damage, look at all the damage their virus made when it was accidentally released, and imagine how it would be if they used the virus as a weapon.

Comment

To be completely honest, I'm pretty certain if the Asurans really want to they'd obliterated us, and send Atlantis to kingdom come.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

well we managed to hold them off on nearly every account, and even destroyed their own version of atlantis
                sigpic

Comment

I agree on the account that if the Asurans really wanted to finish it off then they would be easily capable of accomplishing this. Atlantis has survived simply by luck, the same kind that prevented Earth from being attacked by huge fleets of Ha'taks.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well it is kinda obvious that the Tau'ri would win because the episode is called stargate atlantis and the point was that to have earth teams explore the galaxy and etc..

BUT

it would be an interesting to see the tactics that the Asurans would try to utlises in their attempts to beat us, who know we might even get to steal there ships instead or learn a few nifty tricks off them

Comment

The Asurans. Its like asking who would win the Ancients or Tauri

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Realistically the humans would be the fly, while Asurans would be the elephant!

Obviously humans will end up defeating them, with a little thanks going to the Wraith who done their part.

They've simply been lucky to escape destruction thus far. The 1st real attack that they launched was in 'First Strike'. They sent a simple little Sat Weapon & it drained a ZPM down to the bare minimum in a few hours. If it was a ship that was sent, it would have followed Atlantis & they'd be toast by now.

In the space of a few months, they were able to construct large numbers of Warships. While they have virtually all the Lantean knowledge, so can make all their tech at will. Not to mention they've had 10,000 years to advance on that as well.

If it were going on realism. The Asurans should be able to track Atlantis wherever it is. Send a couple of heavily armed warships when they find it. Pound away on the shield till any ZPM goes down, then blow the city to pieces.

The only reason Atlantis & it's inhabitants continue & always will survive is because the show is based around them. So if they are destroyed then there is no show, hence they'll always win in the end.

If it were me writing the show in the final season, I'd have the Wraith inhabit Atlantis for a something like a few months spanning 5/6 episodes. The team try a few attempts to retake it, but are thwarted by the armada of Hives orbiting the planet. In the end they come up with a plan, contact the Asurans & give them the coordinates of Atlantis. They send a ship but it's destroyed thanks to the combined firing of all the Wraith ships. The team looking on are astonished & worried because if not stopped the Wraith will come to the MW like a plague. However just after 3/4 Asuran ships jump in & kick ass. Then they fire on the city & end up destroying it.

For the last three quarters of the season they inhabit the broken down sister cityship & try to get that up & running. While waiting for a way to finish off the Asurans. I feel something like that would really turn the show on it's head & show that the good guys don't always get everything their own way!

Comment

We got lucky destroying their City ship, but keep in mind, that was the work of the shows heroes, not our military. As far as us taking Atlantis back... again, work of the shows heroes, actually defying orders of the military.

In a one on one military Engagement, there ships are likely to take ours to the yard. Look these people are basically Ancients, sure they're replicator versions, but they're using the same technology at the same level of understanding.

I know Oddysey has been upgraded, but I still think the Ancients were the strongest race so far, and I'm betting we'd still get our asses handed to us by a fully powered Ancient flagship, probably most of their weaker ships to.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Good guys vs. bad guys, who would win... hmm... let me think...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Good guys vs. bad guys, who would win... hmm... let me think...
                              Lol spot on.

Comment

Working...
                              X