Syler questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syler questions

Does Syler have the power to compell people to do what he wants like that one girl who blew her head off? Because sometimes he seems to be talkiing like her. Like his voice sounds like many at the same time.

Nope. Eden shot herself in the head so that Sylar couldn't get her ability.
    Sylar also used that voice before he was held captive at Primatech.

I think he uses Telekinesis to alter his voice just to make himself sound menacing.
    Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

I think this has been discussed before. Anyway, LiquidKal is right. Sylar couldn't compel Isaac to show him the future in .07%

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        I think this has been discussed before. Anyway, LiquidKal is right. Sylar couldn't compel Isaac to show him the future in .07%
        Maybe it only works on the weak minded?
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981 View Post
          Does Syler have the power to compell people to do what he wants like that one girl who blew her head off? Because sometimes he seems to be talkiing like her. Like his voice sounds like many at the same time.
          no...well not yet anyway

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
          Nope. Eden shot herself in the head so that Sylar couldn't get her ability.
          Sylar also used that voice before he was held captive at Primatech.

I think he uses Telekinesis to alter his voice just to make himself sound menacing.
          hmm I thought he made her shoot herself in the head? or atleast that's what it looked like. "I think he uses Telekinesis to alter his voice just to make himself sound menacing." yeah thats what I think he does.
          sigpic
          Xx Atlantis Fan xX

Comment

Telekenisis does not make sense. he would have to see it to move it and he can not see his vocal cords.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
              Maybe it only works on the weak minded?
              Like a heroin addict?
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I don't know how or why he does it, but I love it when he makes his voice sound like that. It's just cool.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981 View Post
                  Telekenisis does not make sense. he would have to see it to move it and he can not see his vocal cords.
                  Or he may be using his TK to lower the frequency of the sound waves making up his voice.

And Sylar doesn't need to see an object in order for his TK to affect it; he just needs to know of its location. This was shown in the latest episode when he
                  Spoiler:
                  cuts open the front of Claire's head while she was facing away from him.

Comment

but thats a much larger area. and he would have to be only slightly vibrating his larnyx I don't think his control is that precise.

Comment

According to the writers it's just something cool the Audio guys started doing with his voice at key times. It's not really linked to anything, but you could justify it by saying it has something to do with someone he killed that we never met or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Meredith McKay View Post
                        hmm I thought he made her shoot herself in the head? or atleast that's what it looked like.
                        I thought that at first too but then realized, why would he shoot her in the head when he wants her brain intact?
                        If you go back and watch it again there is a look of surprise on Sylar's face when she turns the gun on herself. Just for a split second, they should have focused a bit more on it to make it more obvious I think.
                        I'm confident it was a selfless act by Eden to prevent Sylar gaining her ability.
                        Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Maybe a stupid idea, but the future-Sylar could go back to the past to save the "normal Sylar"? He has the power of the illusionist, so he can be Lindermann! He collect heroes, but he doesn't try to kill them, because he has already their special abilities etc. That would be a nice twist, don't you think?
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

... some of you really don't pay attention to teh show. At all.

sylar didn't TK Eden to shoot herself in teh head. In fact, a second before the gun went off, he said "NOOOO" pretty clearly. Eden shot herself in teh haed to prevent him from gettnig her ability.

Also, "weak-minded" is a load of crap. When Sylar attacked Isaac, he used that voice when he told Isaac to show him the painting of the future. Isaac, instead, went for a gun. THAT IS NOT VERY COMPELLING IS IT?

no.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              Also, "weak-minded" is a load of crap.
                              It was a joke.
                              'Lighten up Francis' - Stripes
                              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Working...
                              X