PDA

View Full Version : Syler questions

Origin1981
May 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
Does Syler have the power to compell people to do what he wants like that one girl who blew her head off? Because sometimes he seems to be talkiing like her. Like his voice sounds like many at the same time.

LiquidKal
May 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM
Nope. Eden shot herself in the head so that Sylar couldn't get her ability.
Sylar also used that voice before he was held captive at Primatech.

I think he uses Telekinesis to alter his voice just to make himself sound menacing.

IcyNeko
May 1st, 2007, 09:09 AM
I think this has been discussed before. Anyway, LiquidKal is right. Sylar couldn't compel Isaac to show him the future in .07%

Doze
May 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
I think this has been discussed before. Anyway, LiquidKal is right. Sylar couldn't compel Isaac to show him the future in .07%Maybe it only works on the weak minded? :D

Dr.Meredith McKay
May 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
Does Syler have the power to compell people to do what he wants like that one girl who blew her head off? Because sometimes he seems to be talkiing like her. Like his voice sounds like many at the same time.

no...well not yet anyway

Nope. Eden shot herself in the head so that Sylar couldn't get her ability.
Sylar also used that voice before he was held captive at Primatech.

I think he uses Telekinesis to alter his voice just to make himself sound menacing.
hmm I thought he made her shoot herself in the head? or atleast that's what it looked like. "I think he uses Telekinesis to alter his voice just to make himself sound menacing." yeah thats what I think he does.

Origin1981
May 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Telekenisis does not make sense. he would have to see it to move it and he can not see his vocal cords.

jds1982
May 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe it only works on the weak minded? :D

Like a heroin addict? ;)

the fifth man
May 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
I don't know how or why he does it, but I love it when he makes his voice sound like that. It's just cool.:D

TheUnknown
May 1st, 2007, 07:53 PM
Telekenisis does not make sense. he would have to see it to move it and he can not see his vocal cords.

Or he may be using his TK to lower the frequency of the sound waves making up his voice.

And Sylar doesn't need to see an object in order for his TK to affect it; he just needs to know of its location. This was shown in the latest episode when he cuts open the front of Claire's head while she was facing away from him.

Origin1981
May 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
but thats a much larger area. and he would have to be only slightly vibrating his larnyx I don't think his control is that precise.

JayShadow
May 1st, 2007, 10:26 PM
According to the writers it's just something cool the Audio guys started doing with his voice at key times. It's not really linked to anything, but you could justify it by saying it has something to do with someone he killed that we never met or something.

LiquidKal
May 1st, 2007, 10:36 PM
hmm I thought he made her shoot herself in the head? or atleast that's what it looked like.
I thought that at first too but then realized, why would he shoot her in the head when he wants her brain intact?
If you go back and watch it again there is a look of surprise on Sylar's face when she turns the gun on herself. Just for a split second, they should have focused a bit more on it to make it more obvious I think.
I'm confident it was a selfless act by Eden to prevent Sylar gaining her ability.

Platschu
May 2nd, 2007, 06:36 AM
Maybe a stupid idea, but the future-Sylar could go back to the past to save the "normal Sylar"? He has the power of the illusionist, so he can be Lindermann! He collect heroes, but he doesn't try to kill them, because he has already their special abilities etc. That would be a nice twist, don't you think? :D

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
... some of you really don't pay attention to teh show. At all.

sylar didn't TK Eden to shoot herself in teh head. In fact, a second before the gun went off, he said "NOOOO" pretty clearly. Eden shot herself in teh haed to prevent him from gettnig her ability.

Also, "weak-minded" is a load of crap. When Sylar attacked Isaac, he used that voice when he told Isaac to show him the painting of the future. Isaac, instead, went for a gun. THAT IS NOT VERY COMPELLING IS IT?

no.

Doze
May 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Also, "weak-minded" is a load of crap.It was a joke.
'Lighten up Francis' - Stripes

Coremae
May 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
According to the writers it's just something cool the Audio guys started doing with his voice at key times. It's not really linked to anything, but you could justify it by saying it has something to do with someone he killed that we never met or something.

Peter after learning to use his powers used Sylar's telekinesis power when he faced off against Issac, he also used the voice, though he used it while throwing Issac through the air via his will.

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
It was a joke.
'Lighten up Francis' - Stripes
..s.s.....stop compelling me. X_x

the fifth man
May 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Peter after learning to use his powers used Sylar's telekinesis power when he faced off against Issac, he also used the voice, though he used it while throwing Issac through the air via his will.

That's right. Peter did speak with the deep voice too. Interesting.

TheUnknown
May 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM

That time, it may actually have been Eden's power, though.

Coremae
May 14th, 2007, 02:41 PM

I'm sure Peter's power can be limitless, but he has to get to more specials than Sylar. Since he would only duplicate their powers where as Sylar would crack open their heads and away with their brains. I'm thinking Sylar sees Peter as his most dangerous opponent with good reason, Imagine Sylar who could use only one ability at a time when our good friend Peter may be able to use various abilities--- in the fullness of time --- at the same time.

Thus he could perhaps use Sylar's telekinetic voice enhancement along with the Haitians brain manipulation and Matt's telepathy with a sprinkle of Eve's 'control your will' power, once he's aware of what she was capable of, and he would be able to manipulate even Sylar.

Even better. He could simply go back into the past using HIRO'S ability, and find each of those people who Sylar murdered, mimic their powers and instead of returning to the future he could: Practice all abilities until he perfects them.

Imagine if he meets a Hero that could duplicate himself like multiple man in the comics. Imagine the power Peter Petrelli would have then.

Coremae
May 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Where as Sylar could be seen as Orichimaru, Peter could be seen as Itachi Uchiha, well maybe not Itachi, he's more murderous than Peter ever could be, maybe present day Saske Uchiha.

HirogenGater
May 15th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Does anyone else think Sylar is way too powerful? The writers need to humble him a bit.

jds1982
May 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking that in the finale Peter may "pull a Rogue" and absorb all of Syler's power, but that may put him at a state of critical mass, so Nathan flys him out of the city, and dies in the process. Syler would of course escape, only to recover later. I know there's no evidence that this will or even could happen, but it's just the way I see it going down.

Coremae
May 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Does anyone else think Sylar is way too powerful? The writers need to humble him a bit.

Sylar's power isn't limitless, he simply has many variations of a great many abilities. However, Sylar's fear remains Peter. Peter seems to be only bound by his modest mind. If however Peter realizes how powerful he truly is, his power could dwarf Sylars' very easily. Besides, Sylar may pale in comparison to some other special who has lived perhaps for a very long time and has more power than Sylar.

Like all things, there is nothing new under the sun ergo, Specials like Sylar and Peter may have existed before. Or perhaps a special who can drain the life force from others making himself/herself near eternal. Thus some one of Sylar's and Peter's level may seem pundish to them.

Auchioane
May 16th, 2007, 06:10 AM
All sound is, is a compression wave. Telekinetics is simply moving objects. When you guys talk about moving objects your thinking in a more larger way. Wouldn't it be possiable to move atoms with your mind? you dont have to see the wind to be able to know its there. So simply changing the way a compression wave out of someones mouth was formed can change the tone of the voice. In episode 16 peter does a massive blast by just speaking to me that looked like the compression wave causing that. Just a theory.

Exiled Master
May 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I think I know how Hiro could kill Sylar without the sword: Stop time around Sylar's heart and brain. He would die in about five minutes.

Doze
May 18th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I think I know how Hiro could kill Sylar without the sword: Stop time around Sylar's heart and brain. He would die in about five minutes.Right, I would only add to do it when he is moving and his heart/brain would stay in this same place as the rest of the body keeps moving. Bug on the windshield. Splat!

the fifth man
May 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Right, I would only add to do it when he is moving and his heart/brain would stay in this same place as the rest of the body keeps moving. Bug on the windshield. Splat!

LMAO!:D That'd be great. Don't quite know if Hiro is anywhere near capable enough with his power yet though.

Hypochondriac
May 27th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Does syler have healing powers.? Wasnt he shot a few times. Also didnt the drugs at PTP kill him

Doze
June 4th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Does syler have healing powers.? Wasnt he shot a few times. Also didnt the drugs at PTP kill himRight, I think he was shot at the police station and after he first met Mr Muggles.

ARMS
June 4th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Sylar and Peter apocalyptic fight!!!!!!

It's going to happen I tell you!!!

sanshunihilist
June 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Does syler have healing powers.? Wasnt he shot a few times. Also didnt the drugs at PTP kill him

There are still a good 3-5 powers unaccounted for. With the cockaroach motif, it's possible Sylar may have picked up a durability power along the way. Sure he could have used telekinesis to slow Matt Parkman's bullets in their first encounter, but there's the time Peter and Sylar took that nasty fall and Sylar walked it off. Bennet later commented they did perform surgery on him to keep him alive so Sylar can't 'heal' himself more so resist certain things to a degree.

the fifth man
June 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Sylar is definitely resilient. You have to give him that.