Slyer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slyer questions

Does Syler have the power to compell people to do what he wants like that one girl who blew her head off? Because sometimes he seems to be talkiing like her. Like his voice sounds like many at the same time.

Dont think so.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

No, he didn't get her power.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
        No, he didn't get her power.
        She killed herself before he could "acquire" it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No brain. No gain.
          Originally posted by farcue
          "You're the last man alive John"
          "What about tayla?"
          "Shes dead."
          "What about ronan?"
          "He's dead, they're all dead."
          "Not Carter?"
          "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
          "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

daft question..but my boyfirend, my best mate and her bloke, and ,myself, are wondering does Syler eat his "preys" brains? its a long debate, and i want to put an end to it...
            sigpic

Comment

But Eden met with Peter in Suresh's apartman, so why can't he use her ability?

Sylar - he can be easily defeated by the Haitian. If they want to stop the exploding, than Hiro should teleport the Haiti to the square (he let Hiro use his ability on him), so Ted, Peter or Sylar won't be able to explode.
              Last edited by Platschu; 11 May 2007, 01:38 PM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                Peter only uses the ability when ha thinks about that person and what they can do. That means he can do all kinds of things if he only knew. Like maybe his mother...
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Sylar - he can be easily defeated by the Haitian. If they want to stop the exploding, than Hiro should teleport the Haiti to the square (he let Hiro use his ability on him), so Ted, Peter or Sylar won't be able to explode.
                  Like Doze said, he needs to know about the ability and remember Eden and the way she made him feel. He only met her briefly so he may not even remember well enough. But his body should remember how to do it, unless that memory can fade just like the memory of a person can, entirely possible I think.

How I think its works is that he auto absorbs the abilities when he is close to them and it is instinctually active around them. To use the abilities afterward he has to consciously recall how that person made him feel. Like how memories are linked together, but the ability is linked to an emotion (Hence, he's an Empath). So if that emotion comes out so does the ability. This explains how he used Telekinesis on Claude without consciously thinking about Sylar. He was feeling frustrated/scared like he was in Homecoming and that was enough to bring out the Telekinesis.

I think to prevent him blowing up at the start of Landslide all they have to do is have Ted run away. Peter will still have his ability but it won't be automatically active. Then he needs to stay away from Ted and concentrate on not activating the ability on his own, which seems to be pretty easy as he's never accidentally activated an ability unless pushed into it like with Claude.
                  Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_angel View Post
                    daft question..but my boyfirend, my best mate and her bloke, and ,myself, are wondering does Syler eat his "preys" brains? its a long debate, and i want to put an end to it...
                    I don't think he eats the brains. "In Six Months Ago" they kind of insinuated that he takes things apart to see how they tick. On heroeswiki.com they refer to his power as Intuitive Aptitude and give this description: Intuitive Aptitude is the ability to analyze complex systems and intuitively understand how they work without special education or training.

This would explain several things like how he was able to know that Mohinder's father's watch was broken from across the room when he said "It's Broken. I can fix it" and then right before taking Telekinesis from Brian Davis and saying "You're broken. Suresh was right. It's so clear now. How it all works, pieces fitting together. It is in the brain.". And also when Bennet had him in that cell and Sylar said to him "Because I can see how things work. What makes things ... tick. Like You".
                    Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 11 May 2007, 05:56 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                      I don't think he eats the brains. "In Six Months Ago" they kind of insinuated that he takes things apart to see how they tick. On heroeswiki.com they refer to his power as Intuitive Aptitude and give this description: Intuitive Aptitude is the ability to analyze complex systems and intuitively understand how they work without special education or training.

This would explain several things like how he was able to know that Mohinder's father's watch was broken from across the room when he said "It's Broken. I can fix it" and then right before taking Telekinesis from Brian Davis and saying "You're broken. Suresh was right. It's so clear now. How it all works, pieces fitting together. It is in the brain.". And also when Bennet had him in that cell and Sylar said to him "Because I can see how things work. What makes things ... tick. Like You".
                      Didn't Molly tell Mohinder that Sylar eats brains?

Comment

Thanks. I thought the same that Eden didn't use suggestion when she met with Peter. And how can he use Sylar's abilities, if he don't know whom should Peter remember? Is the picture of Sylar enough for him to activate every Sylar abilities? What about the Haitian? Peter and he met on the roof, when he flied away with Claude. The Haitian forget to use his ability against them? Peter should use Parkman's thought reading against Nathan, than he will know what his brother is planning against New York.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Thanks. I thought the same that Eden didn't use suggestion when she met with Peter. And how can he use Sylar's abilities, if he don't know whom should Peter remember? Is the picture of Sylar enough for him to activate every Sylar abilities? What about the Haitian? Peter and he met on the roof, when he flied away with Claude. The Haitian forget to use his ability against them? Peter should use Parkman's thought reading against Nathan, than he will know what his brother is planning against New York.
                          Peter has met Sylar twice now, he remembers him well. This should be enough to activate any of Sylar's abilities in himself. But to actually use the ability, he needs to also know how. He can't use Sylar's ice ability for example if he doesn't know it exists. He can use Telekinesis because it was forced out of him when he needed to defend himself against Claude (like a reflex action), he also saw it in action in Homecoming.

With Eden its the same thing. Peter should technically be able to use suggestion, but without any knowledge of its existence or who Eden was he has no way of accessing it. We also don't know if his body forgets abilities in the same way you can forget memories. I think it would be cool if he did, the powers are in the brain after all. Since he barely met Eden and has no idea who she was, he's probably forgotten about her completely and in turn maybe his brain also forgot how to use her power.
                          Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

I hope HRG will give him some idea about Sylar and Eden.

What will happen when Peter will meet with Nikki/Jessica? Will he have an other personality too or he will be able to turn off his dark side?

Comment

What will happen when Peter will meet with Nikki/Jessica? Will he have an other personality too or he will be able to turn off his dark side?
                              In my opinion Nikki just has a plain old split personality disorder and her special ability is just that of immense strength/agility.

Comment

Working...
                              X