PDA

View Full Version : What could Molly Walker's power be ?

memnarch
April 30th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Okay, so just in case you haven't seen the preview for "The Hard Part"...

Molly Walker has a power that can stop Sylar. What does everyone think it might be?

I would think that she has a way to stop others' powers, but this seems a bit too similar to the Haitian and she didn't affect Matt's when her heard her thoughts.

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2007, 07:09 AM
Is Molly the little girl Matt saved? *checks IMDB* Yup! Interesting wrinkle...

And it can't be power suppression or memory erasure because that's what the Haitian does.

Maybe she has some way of negating the effects of a nuclear blast. The little lead lined girl. LOL!

LadyLord75
May 1st, 2007, 07:32 AM
Is Molly the little girl Matt saved? *checks IMDB* Yup! Interesting wrinkle...

Can't believe I didn't make that connection...(must crank the caffeine down,seriously)

Commence 7 days of rampant Molly-power speculation.

jds1982
May 1st, 2007, 08:20 AM
Maybe she can freeze people, not like cold freeze, but make them not be able to move or do anything.

IcyNeko
May 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM
Freeze people, as Sylar did with Claire, is probably a refined form of telekinesis, which he's had since "Six months before". :P

I think it may be safe to say that whatever power she had, Sylar's already got it. reason being.... the three that Hiro wants... DL, Candace, Molly Walker.... are already dead. Sylar's able to pull Peter through walls (DL) and Camoflage (Candace).

Maybe Molly's power is power enhancement. Matt seemed to be able to hear her thoughts REALLY well when he was around her. He was outside the house and he heard her clearly.

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2007, 09:33 AM
How would being an amplifier stop Sylar, though?

And if she has a power Sylar already has, that wouldn't really make her a "very special little girl" it'd make her a copycat. :P

Maybe she's a mirror or an "I'm rubber, you're glue" thing and anything anyone tries on her bounces back on them. Sylar tries to slice her brain open and slices his own up instead. ;)

QueenKale
May 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM
The only thing I can think of, and I'm not a big fan of this idea, is that she has the opposite of Sylar, she can un-fix people. But again, I don't like this idea, way to easy for me.

jds1982
May 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe she's like a banshee. Sylar does have super hearing, so maybe she could blow his head up by screaming at him. I'd say the best bet is some kind of power canceler, or maybe she can paralyze (freeze) people, but not in a telekinetic way, like somehow stop the brain from sending signals to the body.

Dr.Meredith McKay
May 1st, 2007, 01:55 PM
QueenKale- The only thing I can think of, and I'm not a big fan of this idea, is that she has the opposite of Sylar, she can un-fix people. But again, I don't like this idea, way to easy for me.
yeah that seems too easy, well if her power can stop him, he has froze her dad or mom in the episode where matt finds her so i don't think that's it.

ShadowMaat-
Maybe she's a mirror or an "I'm rubber, you're glue" thing and anything anyone tries on her bounces back on them. Sylar tries to slice her brain open and slices his own up instead.
That would be cool and would explain why he was after her to begin with,
if he had her power, he really would'nt need Claires regeneration to survive.
Maybe he was going to kill her while she 's too young to control it.

the fifth man
May 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Whatever Molly's true power will be revealed to be, I'm sure it will be something pretty awesome. I doubt the writers of this show will let us down in that area.

Origin1981
May 1st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Sylers true power is his power to understand how things work. What if she has the power of rewiring a person. She can confuse how things work. What if she can give powers.

Origin1981
May 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
or what if she can switch a persons Consciousness with another.

Commander Jumper
May 1st, 2007, 10:47 PM
my family thinks... that she, like Peter, can absorb powers.... only... she can't use them... and the owner no longer has them... I think that's... ok... but I think she has the power too... LOVE SYLAR TO DEATH!!! mauhahahaha kiddin... not sure :p

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2007, 03:37 AM

That could be interesting, but it'd mean that instead of Sylar we'd have a little girl with all those powers. Not sure that'd be an improvement. ;)

jds1982
May 2nd, 2007, 06:31 AM
That could be interesting, but it'd mean that instead of Sylar we'd have a little girl with all those powers. Not sure that'd be an improvement. ;)

Yeah, no kidding. "Gimme back my dolly" slices other child in half.

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
How's this...

Haitian's powers are limited to mind powers. Eden's powers are primarily mind-based (persuasion) as are Matt's (thought-reading) and Hiro's. Haitian had no power over Nathan when he flew.

Could Molly's power be the power to shut off Physical stuff?

JayShadow
May 2nd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Her power is that she can make better pot pies than Linderman.

Doze
May 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Her power is that she can make better pot pies than Linderman.HAHA! Made with love in everyone.

How's this...

Haitian's powers are limited to mind powers. Eden's powers are primarily mind-based (persuasion) as are Matt's (thought-reading) and Hiro's. Haitian had no power over Nathan when he flew.

Could Molly's power be the power to shut off Physical stuff?I like that... ya. :cool:

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Her power is that she can make better pot pies than Linderman.

... I'll have some of that, if you don't mind. :D

the fifth man
May 2nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, no kidding. "Gimme back my dolly" slices other child in half.

LMAO!!:D That'd definitely not be a good thing.

LiquidKal
May 3rd, 2007, 12:16 AM
I had a theory that this might have been Jessica's power! Or a variation where she can possess other peoples bodies. She could have jumped into Niki's body when she died :) And Niki's power is just the Strength, but she hasn't learned to use it yet but Jessica has.

Molly might have something like manipulating DNA, so she could take peoples powers away, or transfer them from one person to another.
Or maybe she can kill or paralyze people with her thoughts.

So many possibilities.

Origin1981
May 3rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
What if she has the power to shift him out of reality. Send him to another dimension. Or put him to sleep.

ShadowMaat
May 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
What if she has the power to shift him out of reality. Send him to another dimension. Or put him to sleep.
Put him in a coma. Nifty. And then he wakes up in Manchester, UK in 1973.... *sigh* I really need to stop using that joke. ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
May 4th, 2007, 03:36 AM
There's a sneak peak up on Youtube, that gives this away atleast partially

HRG says that the company have a new tracking system, capable of tracking you without wires or isotopes it just finds you. He calls it the walker system...

So what if Molly's power is to track anyone anywhere

jds1982
May 4th, 2007, 05:23 AM
There's a sneak peak up on Youtube, that gives this away atleast partially

HRG says that the company have a new tracking system, capable of tracking you without wires or isotopes it just finds you. He calls it the walker system...

So what if Molly's power is to track anyone anywhere

So Molly might be Cerebro?

Miss_briannac09
May 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT MOLLY WALKER'S POWERS ARE.
okay like on heroesrevealed.com that have a 6:30sec clip of episode 21
and bennet and matt are talking about some new tracking system that the company has
HRG : “The Company has a new tracking system, and this Walker system doesn’t rely on isotopes and satellites: it just finds you…wherever you are.”
and the tracking system is called WALKER SYSTEM
and maybe they named it after molly walker.
right?

jds1982
May 5th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT MOLLY WALKER'S POWERS ARE.
okay like on heroesrevealed.com that have a 6:30sec clip of episode 21
and bennet and matt are talking about some new tracking system that the company has
HRG : “The Company has a new tracking system, and this Walker system doesn’t rely on isotopes and satellites: it just finds you…wherever you are.”
and the tracking system is called WALKER SYSTEM
and maybe they named it after molly walker.
right?

Yeah we kinda already knew that, take a look at the post two before yours.

Miss_briannac09
May 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
ooooo.... sorry didn't see those

jds1982
May 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
ooooo.... sorry didn't see those

S'ok, thanks for sharing anyway, and welcome to Gateworld.

Iguana775
May 7th, 2007, 06:12 AM

Molly Walker has a power that can stop Sylar. What does everyone think it might be?

I would think that she has a way to stop others' powers, but this seems a bit too similar to the Haitian and she didn't affect Matt's when her heard her thoughts.

not sure. But in the last episode, Nathan mentioned a child that sucked all the air out of a classroom and killed everyone. Maybe that was Molly.

Or maybe she has some sort of power like Colossus in X-Men where he wouldnt be able to cut her skin and she could then kick his arse! LOL. how funny would that be to see a little girl kicking his arse??!!

Iguana775
May 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM
So Molly might be Cerebro?

So maybe if Molly concentrated enough, she could kill Syler. :nox:

IcyNeko
May 7th, 2007, 08:08 AM
What if Molly's power was not only to track, but to remote trigger? We know that heroes can't have multipowers except for Sylar and Peter, but in a way, it's not multi-power. In order for Molly to remote-trigger,she has to know where her targets are.

So if Molly can remote trigger, then Peter will still be a threat because at any time, she could make him use his powers to blow up the city. Same with Ted and Sylar.

memnarch
May 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well, if you remember, in Five Years Gone, Future Hiro asked HRG to locate Molly Walker so she could help them rescue present Hiro. So she must have some kind of power that can be used in the moment (i.e. not cerebro...)

jds1982
May 7th, 2007, 01:29 PM
What if Molly's power was not only to track, but to remote trigger? We know that heroes can't have multipowers except for Sylar and Peter, but in a way, it's not multi-power. In order for Molly to remote-trigger,she has to know where her targets are.

So if Molly can remote trigger, then Peter will still be a threat because at any time, she could make him use his powers to blow up the city. Same with Ted and Sylar.

That's certainly possible, she could be a controller.

Origin1981
May 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
What if she could kill with a thought and it did not matter where you were.

The Ori
May 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Me can'ts waits!!

jds1982
May 7th, 2007, 06:50 PM
After the scene where she hugs Mohinder, I could only think that Molly had the power of HEART, the lamest power ever. Poor Matee.

ShadowMaat
May 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Her power is that she's so damn likable no one can hurt her. :P Actually, that could be a pretty scary power- people powerless to resist her, doing ANYTHING she says, jumping in front of bullets to protect her...

I think I prefer that to her real power. :P

IcyNeko
May 7th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I totally called it. XD

memnarch
May 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Yep. She can track special people...I wonder what Future Hiro needed that for though, if he already knew where Hiro Prime was...

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2007, 05:21 AM
I figure that at some point Molly is going to "find" someone who's supposed to be dead. And probably not Claude. ;)

ARMS
May 8th, 2007, 05:50 AM

If you're right in your guess, Heroes are getting sued by Marvel Comics.

jds1982
May 8th, 2007, 06:34 AM
If you're right in your guess, Heroes are getting sued by Marvel Comics.

Well thanks for telling us exactly why they're going to be sued. If they were going to be sued they'd have already been sued, because a whole lot of the elements in Heroes are present in different comics. Linderman's plan for example is taken right out of Watchmen, and how many people in comics can fly, or regenerate, or even absorb powers? So I don't think Molly Walker's power is going to get them sued, unless they come right out and call her Cerebro or something.